Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

good old days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good old days

one of the things driving players away from this game, is the ability to use more than one account. in the good old days wenn CA had 10 times as many players,really only one guild was know for PWS and multi accounts and that was the balkans,this days they cannot even keep upwhit the rest doing it.
    my question is: why do guilds do it? you do not win anything in CA. acturally the only thing you can bring from a battle in CA is a good win with team work.what is the point in winning if you had to use 10-20 other accounts to do so?

Originally posted by hansa View Post
    my question is: why do guilds do it? you do not win anything in CA.
    The problem with this question is that, once you start saying such things, the obvious question becomes why anybody plays CA at all. Why do players do it? People do not win anything in CA.

the only thing you can bring from a battle in CA is a good win with team work.
    That's just a very limited point of view. These days, the most reliable thing you can bring from a battle in CA is coins to buy more abilities and equipment and SP and explore more of the game. We can all get coins from battle under our own power, no matter how many or how few people show up to battle. Whether a battle is a "good win" or not depends on allies and opponents. With the number of possible battle hours and the sheer number of battles, the probability of getting enough allies and opponents on the battlefield at the same time is insanely low. Maybe only 1% of battles. When we had only one battle per day, we had good battles every other day. Because it was either show up to that one hour or not battle at all, more people were online at the same time, and battles were so good that losing a battle back then was far more fun than winning a battle now.

what is the point in winning if you had to use 10-20 other accounts to do so?
    Except you said it yourself: "you do not win anything in CA." These days, especially for guilds that have been Vanguard for over a year, there's no point in winning at all. Wins are often determined merely by how many people show up. Build, strategy, activity, etc. make very little difference. Most of the time, it just boils down to superior numbers. How is that fun? What's the point in winning if it's mostly the luck of which side happened to have more people show up to battle? Where's the glory in winning if winning merely means that your players have less of a life outside the game than the players in the other guild?

Raising and running multiple characters of different builds with different classes is still fun, whether anybody else shows up on the battlefield or not. For the greedy, having a mage poly and a second class to take the poly means both characters get more coins. When there's no point in winning, at least coins can buy more equipment and abilities: more guild coins means unlocking more of the game to explore. Also, having different classes enables exploring different strategies. Maximum damage vs. maximum reach gets boring after a few years of exploring it with only one character. Maximum damage vs. maximum reach becomes more interesting with two characters and one of those characters is a mage. When the other side of the battlefield is so often discouragingly empty, having more than one character lets you explore more of the game. You can explore more of the potential of the abilities when combined with the abilities of other classes. With more characters, the game can still be fun even when nobody else shows up to battle.

The good old days are gone. With so many battle hours, there just won't be a critical mass of active players on the battlefield for guild battles to be fun unless something drastic happens, like a new season or a big reduction in the number of battle hours for everybody in the game. Guild battles are already dead: if your own guild isn't dead, then a lot of your opponents probably are. Running more than one character can prevent people from being overly discouraged by how dead guild battles are. Granted, 10-20 is probably a bit extreme, but I can understand why people who love the game might have more fun running one character per class in battle, for example.

When Treasure Island and Meteorite are the "new content" we get these days, it makes sense to me that people who love the game will explore the other areas of the game that already exist but are difficult to appreciate when they already have a character that was grown in a different way. A good mage build doesn't yield as much fun if the player wanted to explore being a cleric with that build. It's a lot more fun to build a cleric from scratch than trying to explore the cleric class by starting with an experienced mage build.

You do not win anything in CA. For the majority of guild battles, there's just no point in winning, regardless of the number of accounts used to do it. So, since there's no point in winning, what else could motivate people to play Castle Age at all?
    Just another Castle Age player
    army code: D422AE

Comment

well i get what you are saying. but it just does not look like it is players trying out new class. as it for the most parts clerics and more clerics and not many other classes players use.

Comment

well i get what you are saying. but it just does not look like it is players trying out new class. as it for the most parts clerics and more clerics and not many other classes players use.
        There is more class diversity now than back in the good old days.
        Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
        New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

it just does not look like it is players trying out new class. as it for the most parts clerics and more clerics and not many other classes players use.
          Personally, running lots of clerics isn't my kink, but what I was originally trying to say (before I buried it) still stands: if "you do not win anything in CA", then why do people play the game at all when there are so many other things we could be doing?

I enjoy exploring the game.
          You enjoy "a good win with team work".

For other people, I can easily imagine that running a few extra clerics each is "team work".

Back when 100v100 was still young enough, we became friendly with several of our opponents. We'd talk back and forth, and one thing we learned is that guilds are always more active than they appear on the battlefield. People see their teammates in their Mist lands, in their Mist monsters, in their chats or forums or Facebook groups. They share their stats, they influence each other's builds, share their day-to-day lives, etc.

It's just that there are just way too many hours worth of battles. Nobody can make it to all of them. For the members of those guilds, their fellow guild members are far more present, far more active, and far more "real" than the opponents (even talkative and friendly opponents). From the outside, we might wonder why they keep all those inactives. Actually, our guild have asked things like, "Why is your east so inactive?" From inside their guilds, however, they have very few inactives. They see everybody in east gate every day, but they just couldn't make that battle slot.

Internally to those guilds, key-sharing probably feels more like "team work" than actually showing up to battle most of the time. The people who can't make it to battle set themselves to cleric if they have to miss battle, and the people who can make it to battle get extra coins for their friends. Also, the account owner builds the character, and the key holders use those accounts in battle. It's still team work, except it happens on an overall-game level instead of just a single-battle level. When the number of battle hours makes the single-battle level of team work very unfulfilling because 99% of battles probably have too few active opponents to be interesting anyway, key-sharing probably scratches the "team work" itch far more regularly than showing up to battle does. Even if the opponents are inactive, key holders can still feel like they're practicing "team work" by getting coins for their friends.

When the game is the way it is, it doesn't surprise me that a lot more people are sharing keys. Winning doesn't matter anymore because the seasons are so old that there are no rewards for winning. These days, I suspect more people are doing it because the game is in such a state that they actually get more of a sense of "team work" from doing it than they would otherwise.

Comment

It is almost impossible to keep a guild full of 100 different ACTIVE players. People use alts to pick the slack.

Comment

one of the things driving players away from this game, is the ability to use more than one account. in the good old days wenn CA had 10 times as many players,really only one guild was know for PWS and multi accounts and that was the balkans,this days they cannot even keep upwhit the rest doing it.
              my question is: why do guilds do it? you do not win anything in CA. acturally the only thing you can bring from a battle in CA is a good win with team work.what is the point in winning if you had to use 10-20 other accounts to do so?
              No.

In the 'good old days', a lot of people had 4 extra alts to summon dragons, as each colour was only summon-able in a specific level range.
              Then add on the additional 8 to keep your elite guard constantly full.
              Finally take account of the extras for daily gifting, event gifting, to fill up your army...

The majority of guilds had password sharing to an extent. Some had a spreadsheet of log in details, alts and more.

To say only one guild was known for it, is a complete lie.

To answer your question:
              To win. To beat the other side. Winners get more stuff. Even if that stuff is essentially worthless. You're denying the other side the winning benefit.
              | Some noob, noobing about. Chain me |
              | Keep Links | FaceBook or Web3 |
              | The Unicorn Gym |

Comment

Every guild I have been in people use multiple toons. Some share. A few guilds we face its all one keyholder/owner. Say one had 10 toons. You can slow kill for Hydra amulet/blade so forth. Try different combos of classes like mentioned above. Create a few health walls for battle. Winning still has meaning for some guilds to maintain Vanguard, even more so I see players in 10v take it very serious. If one has say 3 toons and nobody else shows up you still have a chance to win to maintain rank...status

When I started years ago I did not realize many people had multiple accounts. It used to upset me and many guilds refused more than one toon players. I dont think many guild turn down active multi toon players these days. I see no reason to protest it as it makes battles more interesting.

Why would multi toons drive players away? I see no evidence of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger The Hutt View Post
                  In the 'good old days', a lot of people had 4 extra alts to summon dragons, as each colour was only summon-able in a specific level range.
                  Only a few people had dragon-summoning alts, maybe only one set per guild. Also, the dragon-summoning alts couldn't play. The whole point of those were that they had to not play after they reached the level necessary to summon. Also, because they couldn't play, there was no reason for those alts to ever join a guild. Dragon-summoning alts were created in order to keep a part of the game unlocked.

It was the original way to get Darius that incentivized normal players to get and play alts. Darius required two apprentices to level up to 80, and apprentices couldn't be shared. Darius was a very strong reason for every player (not just one or two officers per guild) to have alts and just level them up. Also, even if those apprentices didn't start out as alts, I suspect a fair number became alts rather quickly. Even though there are four classes, I've run into a lot of triplets, most likely thanks to Darius. Apprentices were likewise about exploring parts of the game. The whole apprentice experience was denied to players who had already been playing when Darius was released. The only way a player can see apprentices see was to create alts (or convince someone close to play, and eventually take over their account when the person just wasn't interested in playing).

Originally posted by Frodo View Post
                  Why would multi toons drive players away? I see no evidence of this.
                  It's a self-reinforcing theoretical line of logic. If someone takes the point of view that people play only because they're interested in winning, then someone running many toons would have an advantage in battle, and that would drive away players without alts by denying them the win. The flaw in that point of view is I don't think anybody requires winning to keep playing. Losing and wanting a rematch can be just as much of an incentive to keep playing as winning. Lack of opponents combined with poor performance and too many battle hours are far more likely to convince people to skip battles. After all, if many of battles are against minimally active opponents or against the blue swirls, then it's easy for players to believe that they're not needed in battle. Their teammates will be fine without them, and even if they're not, the blue swirls will mean that the player is unlikely to be able to help very well anyway. So, whatever else they could be doing instead becomes more attractive than battle.

Comment

well i can tell you i personally do not enter any battle if i see the opponent is one i know that is pws/using alts. that is my way of not giving action to those guilds. aka removing some of the fun for them.just as they remove it from me.
                    Last edited by hansa; 11-21-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

well i can tell you i personally do not enter any battle if i see the opponent is one i know that is pws/using alts. that is my way of not giving action to those guilds. aka removing some of the fun for them.just as they remove it from me.
                      That's silly. You're just reducing the coins you can gain. If they're playing to win so they can get more coins, it's unlikely they care if you play or not unless your playing somehow turns the tide against them.

Comment

I am the same, though I will drop my 10 tokens and get my 240's from their squishies.
                        I would be more than happy to just not join if our guild decided this is our stance.
                        Warriors of Bloooooooood! Looking for fresh meat. PM an Officer to join
                        EABB29 keep: https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...user=539777367

Comment

Originally posted by Drengul View Post
                          That's silly. You're just reducing the coins you can gain. If they're playing so they can get more coins, it's unlikely they care if you play or not unless your playing somehow turns the tide against them.
                          I was going to let hansa feel good about not playing against people with alts, but you had to come along and ruin it.

I like hansa's attitude in that post: you can't really do anything useful about how the opponents play, so just do whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Playing against an opponent that makes you feel miserable about playing, just so you can gain a few coins, can seem silly too, from a different point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Falco View Post
                            I was going to let hansa feel good about not playing against people with alts, but you had to come along and ruin it.
                            I'm good at that. On the bright side, I doubt he's going to alter his playing habits because of me.

I like hansa's attitude in that post: you can't really do anything useful about how the opponents play, so just do whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Playing against an opponent that makes you feel miserable about playing, just so you can gain a few coins, can seem silly too, from a different point of view.
                            True enough. Gotta play the way you enjoy it.

As someone who has a severe lack of guild coins, I take what I can get. It sucks getting beat down, but the way I see it is that can happen whether they use alts or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X