Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

A Change in Attitude Toward Chaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Change in Attitude Toward Chaining

I have been a CA player since before guilds were around. Yes I have seen my share of chainers on my news feed. No I have not been chained recently to prompt this post. But any time this topic gets brought up, the responses from players and mods alike put it all back on the person posting their issue. With responses along the lines of "chaining is acceptable by CA standards" or "just ignore your chainer and eventually he/she will go away" or "tell your guild mates and maybe someone stronger than you will shew them away for you", this leaves the person second guessing their involvement with the game. Unless the player has deep pockets, it can take a long time to develop enough strength to hold their own. I'm certain many have left the game for this reason. Past arenas have been essentially chain fests which goes to show that yes it is a very acceptable way to play according to CA. A different approach to chaining might be a good idea, particularly in regards to those players who literally by CA accounts, live and die by chaining. Can we try something like this:

- Limit the number of hits in battle and conquest duel/invades on the same person to 10 per day.
    - Have battlers of equal or near equal level of the attacker being displayed on their battle and conquest duel pages (also eliminates the "bullying" aspect)
    - If neither of the previous 2 suggestions are possible, then allow for actions against excessive chainers, anywhere from warnings from the devs to locking the
    chainer's account temporarily if not permanently.
    - No more Arena chain fests. Instead have more events like meteorite and treasure island which reward players for regular game actions.

While I understand the desire for chaining to get achievements, it's really a cheap way to get them. And even worse when players do it after they've reached those achievements. Not sure how much feedback this will get, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Lol!

10 lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchbob View Post
      I have been a CA player since before guilds were around. Yes I have seen my share of chainers on my news feed. No I have not been chained recently to prompt this post. But any time this topic gets brought up, the responses from players and mods alike put it all back on the person posting their issue. With responses along the lines of "chaining is acceptable by CA standards" or "just ignore your chainer and eventually he/she will go away" or "tell your guild mates and maybe someone stronger than you will shew them away for you", this leaves the person second guessing their involvement with the game. Unless the player has deep pockets, it can take a long time to develop enough strength to hold their own. I'm certain many have left the game for this reason. Past arenas have been essentially chain fests which goes to show that yes it is a very acceptable way to play according to CA. A different approach to chaining might be a good idea, particularly in regards to those players who literally by CA accounts, live and die by chaining. Can we try something like this:

- Limit the number of hits in battle and conquest duel/invades on the same person to 10 per day.
      - Have battlers of equal or near equal level of the attacker being displayed on their battle and conquest duel pages (also eliminates the "bullying" aspect)
      - If neither of the previous 2 suggestions are possible, then allow for actions against excessive chainers, anywhere from warnings from the devs to locking the
      - No more Arena chain fests. Instead have more events like meteorite and treasure island which reward players for regular game actions.

While I understand the desire for chaining to get achievements, it's really a cheap way to get them. And even worse when players do it after they've reached those achievements. Not sure how much feedback this will get, but I just wanted to throw it out there.
      Chaining is acceptable by CA standards.
      Just ignore your chainer and eventually he/she will go away.

Comment

And what guild are you in again??

Comment

I think the devs should leave the chaining part alone but remove the health check when playing with monsters. The game has changed enough that there's no reason why a player at zero health shouldn't be able to continue to play with monsters.

Also, a more modern solution for someone being chained is to add health and put up Edea so that people can't get the killshot without wasting a whole lot of stamina.

By making duel and invade kills part of Campaign, the devs had made it very clear that their attitude is that chaining isn't just "acceptable" but very strongly encouraged and borderline required. Chaining isn't a "cheap" way to get killshots at all: it's the closest thing we have to a reliable way of getting them. How else do you expect people to get killshots? It'd be almost impossible to get killshots for campaign if each player is limited to only 10 hits on the same person per day.
          Just another Castle Age player
          army code: D422AE

Comment

Thank you Falco for your response. (...) In any event, I see your point, but I'm not referring to kill shots, but rather just the incessant chaining some players do in this game. It seems to be an addiction issue for some. Nobody enjoys being chained. I'm suggesting ways to keep it in check.
            Last edited by zserg; 07-17-2017, 05:53 AM. Reason: Removed insult

Comment

This is one of the most kitten soft posts ever. It's like whining, but trying to pretend it's not by making kitten soft suggestions to limit hitting in a war game.

Please grow thicker skin or a stronger toon.

And sincerely, I do hope dev induced chaos inequality hasn't otherwise neutered goals that you worked towards in an attempt to embrace single expenditure stam parties. They really can be spectacular.

Comment

In any event, I see your point, but I'm not referring to kill shots, but rather just the incessant chaining some players do in this game. It seems to be an addiction issue for some.
                That's fine by me. There's already a points system that makes it no longer useful to chain someone indefinitely. If they keep chaining even if they're not getting points for it, then they're only making themselves weaker so they'll be less effective in other parts of the game. They're only hurting themselves. Personally, if it weren't for lack of health interrupting my monster hunting, it makes me happy if someone chains me for no points because they think they're teaching me a lesson or whatever.

Nobody enjoys being chained.
                I suspect that most people wouldn't even notice getting chained if it weren't for low health interfering with monster hunting. That's why I propose that people be able to play with monsters at full strengthen even if they have zero health. It should solve the problem.

I'm suggesting ways to keep it in check.
                The points system is supposed to already keep it "in check". It's still a ranking system, and the points do mean something. If a player has made their way high enough rank that a low-ranking person can get good points off of them, then that player deserve to lose points until the chaining player reaches a few ranks higher. If the chaining player keeps going after there are no points to be earned, then the chaining player is mostly hurting themselves.
                Just another Castle Age player
                army code: D422AE

Comment

You should give your chainer Zergy's keep link.
                  ~VoV~

Comment

Nobody enjoys being chained.
                    Nobody is a pretty strong word...
                    Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
                    You should give your chainer Zergy's keep link.
                    Yes please. I LOVE being chained.

@everyone : let's leave the veiled and not so veiled personal attacks out. You all can disagree without that. Thanks!
                    Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                    New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

@OP: You may not be referring to kill shots however your suggestion to limit hits to 10 a day would have a direct impact on them. They would become nearly impossible to get.

Also, for the record, I completely disagree with any idea that nerfs any part of pvp. PvP needs more incentives not rules to prevent people from hitting each other.
                      Last edited by zserg; 07-17-2017, 06:06 AM.
                      Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                      New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

Can we try something like this:

Unfortunately, the devs have gone the opposite way with things. The campaigns actually encourage people to kill others via either duel or invade which means more people are going to be chained.

Comment

PvP is dead! Long live PvP!
                          ~VoV~

Comment

Thank you Falco for your response. (...) In any event, I see your point, but I'm not referring to kill shots, but rather just the incessant chaining some players do in this game. It seems to be an addiction issue for some. Nobody enjoys being chained. I'm suggesting ways to keep it in check.
                            Originally posted by zserg View Post
                            Nobody is a pretty strong word...

Yes please. I LOVE being chained.

@everyone : let's leave the veiled and not so veiled personal attacks out. You all can disagree without that. Thanks!
                            I'm with Zserg

true belonging looks like this
                            Attached Files

DEAD TO ALL

Comment

Working...
                            X