Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

CA currencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA currencies

CA has four type of currencies:
    • gold
    • favor points (FP)
    • guild coins (GC)
    • iron

Gold is important at the beginning of the game, as it points out to a new player that there are more variables in the game except stamina, energy and attack/defense strength. Very soon after you buy enough lands gold becomes void, as there is nothing new you can buy for it. I don't say gold should be eliminated from game, but I concur that others are right when they write that gold should have more meaning in the game.

Favor points could be bought at Oracle, this currency serve for buying of Oracle generals, their stuff and refills. As number of Oracle generals is large and is continually rising, as refills are sometimes necessary (recently lot of people who were campaigning used that), favor points are true currency of CA.

Third currency of CA are guild coins, we get it through guild activities (battles or conquests), and lot of useful stuff can be bought with this currency. Although stuff that could be bought with GC is not changing rapidly, income of guild coins is rather low. On 6 normal days in week player battling all 3 10vs10, 100vs100 and classic GB can gain maximally ~500 GC (max for classic GB is ~170 GC if I remember correctly, if you gain 240 points for every token spent and you spend every token you can and your guild wins; 10vs10 max is ~120 GC for three battles; 100vs100 max is ~240 GC), and maximum is unattainable for most of players, so good daily income of GC is 100-200 GC, and on Tuesday three times that. As stuff you can buy for GC is ranging from cheap (few hundred GC) to as expensive as 12,000 GC, this is almost most valuable currency in the game.

Finally, iron. Wood is no currency, as wherever you collect iron, you also get almost twice wood, and wherever you spend iron, you spend almost equal amount of iron and wood, or just a bit more wood. Result of such game mechanics is that wood is there, but it is impossible to be out of wood, and it is not impossible to be out of iron. Contrary, it is easy to be out of iron, as iron income is low, and there is lot of stuff that can be bought with it.

So, we have two non-currency currencies (gold and wood), and two quite hard to get currencies (GC and iron).

There is no need to make big changes in game mechanics (removal of gold or wood or both), but possibility to exchange wood for iron would be nice. And gold for GC. For example.
    Exchange rate could be high, exchange rate of gold for GC could be dynamic (dependant on players level/possible income).

That way gold and wood would have meaning, and I don't see that such addition would disrupt the game.
    Trading 2 wood for 1 iron or similar exchange rate seems reasonable, gold for GC rate should be dependable on players level, but we should be able to trade daily gold income for at least 50 GC.
    You landed a CRITICAL HIT on Corvintheus hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[45,505,960]! Corvintheus dealt 1 damage. You received $48,000,000 and 534 experience. (600 stamina hit)

(until some 50 or more mils come, this is good enough )

A couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you about the value of gold becoming somewhat void at higher levels.

Today however, gold may be worth a bit more. Aside from basic health refills in the keep, (which seems more important now that some campaigns require battle kills, thus increasing pvp chaining), I would also assume the option of general alliances has given Caine's "+3% monster damage for 400k gold" new life with some players.

Not that I don't agree with your suggestion of a currency trading system. It would definitely be nice.
    "Brainslam! When do I get to blow something up?" - Crypto 137

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
      Caine's "+3% monster damage for 400k gold" new life with some players.
      And I thought I knew everything about Oracle generals! 400k gold is chump change, and % of damage for MH builds is nice addition.

I think I'll buy Caine at first opportunity!

Not that I don't agree with your suggestion of a currency trading system. It would definitely be nice.
      Idea is/was to give every currency real opportunity to be spent, and not just stacked day by day without purpose.

If you are buying lands regularly, you are getting millions of gold per hour, and you can not spend it either on healing and on Caine.
      For wood numbers are much lower, but effect is basically the same, you are just stacking it without any purpose.

Possibility of exchange for something meaningful, albeit at the expensive rate is more meaningful than just stacking without end, until it (one day) overflows.

We could have competition: First player who gets 1 quintillion gold gets the title of His/Hers Majesty of Collection of Castle Age Vain Gold.
      Last edited by darkocastle; 05-08-2016, 08:00 PM.
      You landed a CRITICAL HIT on Corvintheus hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[45,505,960]! Corvintheus dealt 1 damage. You received $48,000,000 and 534 experience. (600 stamina hit)

Comment

Originally posted by darkocastle View Post
        And I thought I knew everything about Oracle generals! 400k gold is chump change, and % of damage for MH builds is nice addition.

I think I'll buy Caine at first opportunity!

Idea is/was to give every currency real opportunity to be spent, and not just stacked day by day without purpose.

If you are buying lands regularly, you are getting millions of gold per hour, and you can not spend it either on healing and on Caine.
        For wood numbers are much lower, but effect is basically the same, you are just stacking it without any purpose.

Possibility of exchange for something meaningful, albeit at the expensive rate is more meaningful than just stacking without end, until it (one day) overflows.

We could have competition: First player who gets 1 quintillion gold gets the title of His/Hers Majesty of Collection of Castle Age Vain Gold.
        Have to remember, most newer players have a territories system instead of the old lands system. Not sure how the gold differs between the two, but personally I'd rather keep the lands and have excess gold, as we'd also lose elven sanctuary/dwarven mines in the swap.

As for Caine, he flies under a lot of the player radars. I haven't got him yet, but he's on my list for later.lol Just remember, the catch is that you also can't collect any gold with him equipped.

Comment

Have to remember, most newer players have a territories system instead of the old lands system. Not sure how the gold differs between the two, but personally I'd rather keep the lands and have excess gold, as we'd also lose elven sanctuary/dwarven mines in the swap.

As for Caine, he flies under a lot of the player radars. I haven't got him yet, but he's on my list for later.lol Just remember, the catch is that you also can't collect any gold with him equipped.
          Territories get you more gold faster but are capped and you have to collect daily. That last point is really hard to keep up on

Comment

Personally I find Iron the hardest to get and have many conquest path items to buy but not enough iron. If anyone changed guilds they understand this as it was spent building towers. Due to the very limited chances to obtain Wood/Iron instead of Guild coins maybe wood/Iron could be bought with all those trillions doing nothing. It would reward long time players the most and allow us to get what we need. The only other way I know to get Iron is the monthly Promo and this month it was not available.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Territories get you more gold faster but are capped and you have to collect daily. That last point is really hard to keep up on
              By what I've heard from other players, the main draw back to territories was that it also required stamina use. So I assume you not only miss out on gold by not collecting in time, but also waste a good amount of your stats. Not good either way, in my opinion.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for...

When players ask for something to use gold on, the devs take that to mean that we need more *challenges* related to it. They never seem to hear the real request, which is 'give us something cool to use this on'.

Long, long ago, we complained of useless gold - and they responded by making the Obsidian items (throwing a huge block into quest completion, people actually having to wait on the gold to do quests vs. the energy to do them).

We complained again later, and got Territories. I created an iOS toon just to see how that works, and I really, really don't like it. It makes gold into yet another obstacle, a challenge. We have enough of them (challenges) already, IMO - we didn't need another. We have enough things that take time and investment to work towards as well, and new players especially would; do they really need an additional one in obtaining gold?

I'm not sure where the disconnect is between 'we'd like something cool we can use this on' and 'we need another challenge related to this, in order to make it meaningful again'. We say the first, and we get the second.

Any consideration of gold-use does need to take into account that there are many of us who have many trillions banked. But - a daily trading limit solves that well enough. And there are 'cool' things we could trade it for. Perhaps 1b trade limit per day, and 1b could buy you one colored crystal, or one hero potion.

Perhaps you can slip Kobo 1b to have one visit to his storeroom per day, and that's where they are - Kobo certainly seems the type to be willing to take a little graft, *grin*. And I don't think one potion or one crystal a day is going to break anything - given the amounts of them needed at higher general levels. Would give people better chances to complete campaigns as well.
                Level 2xxx
                Monster-damage data
                Visit the keep

Comment

Originally posted by Kerowyn View Post
                  I'm not sure where the disconnect is between 'we'd like something cool we can use this on' and 'we need another challenge related to this, in order to make it meaningful again'. We say the first, and we get the second.
                  There is no disconnect. The two go hand in hand.

Anytime you ask for something to spend any resource on it has to be a challenge to obtain it. Otherwise we might just as well be asking them to add something to our keep directly.

When we say "we would like something cool" then from the devs point of view (and it should also be the gamers point of view) that translate to offering a means to obtain something cool. Nothing comes for free in life (and in games) so that then automatically translates into "we need a new challenge that offers <reward>".

While I understand that a lot of people will see that as "not what we asked for" it indirectly is exactly what was asked for.

Originally posted by Kerowyn View Post
                  Any consideration of gold-use does need to take into account that there are many of us who have many trillions banked.
                  This right here is kind of the rub.

The best way to deal with the trillions is to make us give them up. But we aren't quite willing to do so. Not for free anyway.

The biggest mistake I think the devs made was offer us gold in the form of billions rather than in hundreds or thousands.

To fix that I think what the devs need to do is several things.

1. Limit people on lands to one collect only. This would put us on equal footing with the territory folks in that respect.

2. Limit the income for people on lands by placing a cap on the number of lands we can have. The limit should allow the same max income as the territory folks have. Any amount of lands over the max can be automatically sold to give us back the gold value.

3. Make us get rid of our insanely high gold by allowing it to trade on a limited time trade market where high amounts of gold can buy us things such as GC, powders, crystals, etc.

4. Remove any gold over a certain more reasonable max amount (think sub million) from our total if we have not traded it before the trade market time is up.

5. Lower the maximum daily income so that we earn a maximum of thousands a day, not billions.

6. Re-price all items bought with gold to have a price reflecting the new gold income keeping in mind that an eternal grind is not a challenge, it's a chore.

Doing all 6 will normalize gold as a currency. Once normalized the devs can work on adding more things to do with gold. However, while I know you won't like it, the things they add will always be a new "challenge".
                  "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

Originally posted by Frodo View Post
                    Personally I find Iron the hardest to get and have many conquest path items to buy but not enough iron. If anyone changed guilds they understand this as it was spent building towers. Due to the very limited chances to obtain Wood/Iron instead of Guild coins maybe wood/Iron could be bought with all those trillions doing nothing. It would reward long time players the most and allow us to get what we need. The only other way I know to get Iron is the monthly Promo and this month it was not available.
                    If you are not getting enough iron, then you are playing the game poorly. The Dev changed 100v in that it drops iron and wood after each battle. We have 3x100v battles a day. You get iron whether you win or lose; you get more iron when your guild wins. If I need iron, I join the battle within the last 5 to 10 minutes (dropping tokens is optional) and collect iron & wood after the battle ends in a few minutes. If you join 2 battles a day, you should be getting enough iron to meet your needs.

The other way I get iron is using tokens in LoM or LoE conquest. I get over 30 tokens a day and if each token gets about 1.5 iron in LoM, that is easily 40+ iron a day. As I stated earlier, my guild is inactive and rarely owns any land; however my mini has over 70K of iron, as much of that was accumulated via tokens in LoM (and later iron from 100v). 50 iron a day from LoM conquest is over 18K iron per annum.

In summary, the game gives each player lots of opportunity to get iron without owning land. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by darkocastle View Post

Third currency of CA are guild coins, we get it through guild activities (battles or conquests), and lot of useful stuff can be bought with this currency. Although stuff that could be bought with GC is not changing rapidly, income of guild coins is rather low. On 6 normal days in week player battling all 3 10vs10, 100vs100 and classic GB can gain maximally ~500 GC (max for classic GB is ~170 GC if I remember correctly, if you gain 240 points for every token spent and you spend every token you can and your guild wins; 10vs10 max is ~120 GC for three battles; 100vs100 max is ~240 GC), and maximum is unattainable for most of players, so good daily income of GC is 100-200 GC, and on Tuesday three times that. As stuff you can buy for GC is ranging from cheap (few hundred GC) to as expensive as 12,000 GC, this is almost most valuable currency in the game.

Finally, iron. Wood is no currency, as wherever you collect iron, you also get almost twice wood, and wherever you spend iron, you spend almost equal amount of iron and wood, or just a bit more wood. Result of such game mechanics is that wood is there, but it is impossible to be out of wood, and it is not impossible to be out of iron. Contrary, it is easy to be out of iron, as iron income is low, and there is lot of stuff that can be bought with it.
                      Opinions are not facts. You have stated opinions based on your assertions. And your conclusions are something I cannot agree with. I will address two issues: GC & iron.

1. GC's are easy -- Fat CaT and others calculated it was about 20K per month under the old system of 4 iOS 2-hr festive battles & 1 5-hr guild a day before the 100v & 10v. If you were a spender, you can get 40K GC a day under the old system. That is to say, a spender on Tuesday can get 6X the guild coins that a non-spender can get. Also, there's no limit to GC from someone who refills tokens in LoM conquest, especially when sniping land. Then there is ability to get GC from alchemy.

The point is simple -- if you are a spender, GC is less of a constraint vs a non-spender. In summary, GC's is plentiful in this game.

2. Iron is easy if you are in the correct guild. Da Wimsta recently stated he could collect as much as 1K of iron a day; someone from the Slayers posted a screen shoot also showing an obscene amount of iron & wood. Elvis and others uses alliances to generate huge amounts of iron & wood. Separately, I posted a method to clear 5 lands every 36-hrs to generate huge amounts of iron.

The simple point is iron is plentiful in this game.

Comment

Think I mentioned this last year, but I'd kind of like to see a quest land for gold option. Maybe 5 to 50 million gold per quest click, (each quest having item drop chances), and 1 to 5 billion for new monster summonings. Maybe even make the quest items combine with monster loot for a new in-game general? Just a thought.
                        Last edited by Chaos; 05-11-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestamongsttheworst View Post
                          Opinions are not facts. You have stated opinions based on your assertions. And your conclusions are something I cannot agree with. I will address two issues: GC & iron.

1. GC's are easy -- Fat CaT and others calculated it was about 20K per month under the old system of 4 iOS 2-hr festive battles & 1 5-hr guild a day before the 100v & 10v. If you were a spender, you can get 40K GC a day under the old system. That is to say, a spender on Tuesday can get 6X the guild coins that a non-spender can get. Also, there's no limit to GC from someone who refills tokens in LoM conquest, especially when sniping land. Then there is ability to get GC from alchemy.

The point is simple -- if you are a spender, GC is less of a constraint vs a non-spender. In summary, GC's is plentiful in this game.

2. Iron is easy if you are in the correct guild. Da Wimsta recently stated he could collect as much as 1K of iron a day; someone from the Slayers posted a screen shoot also showing an obscene amount of iron & wood. Elvis and others uses alliances to generate huge amounts of iron & wood. Separately, I posted a method to clear 5 lands every 36-hrs to generate huge amounts of iron.

The simple point is iron is plentiful in this game.
                          I find that 90% (or maybe even more) of above is correct, but not all. How come?

Because above does not address what I wrote in my first post at all. My suggestion (this is not subforum complaints, but suggestions) was that there are two currencies with low or no meaning in the game, and how that could be corrected.
                          I did make comment(s) about other in-game currencies, but none was that GC and/or iron is hard/impossible to attain, but that they are harder to attain when compared to meaningless currencies, and even to some other in-game stuff. I gave no suggestion that this aspect of game should be changed. It could, but that was not reason for my original post.

Of course, if you are (heavy) refiller, everything is easy to attain, but that still does not mean that game should not be logical. And current logic for gold and wood is weak, at best, or non existent, at worst.

I hope this clarifies my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Reaper View Post
                            There is no disconnect. The two go hand in hand.

Anytime you ask for something to spend any resource on it has to be a challenge to obtain it. Otherwise we might just as well be asking them to add something to our keep directly.
                            Sorry, but I just don't agree with that. The Elven Sanctum potions are not a challenge. Daily Spin on iOS isn't a challenge. Kobo isn't a challenge. Even Cassandra isn't a challenge (frustrating at times, but not an actual challenge). Limited to one shot a day (10 in Kobo's case), yes, they are. Spending gold for things could be similarly limited. Everything does not need to be a challenge.

The changes for gold in the past were not just challenges either - they were actual obstacles to gameplay, for many. The limitation to questing is already energy - does further limiting it (via what you can afford to buy to be able to do the quests) make sense? It doesn't, to me - it's an unnecessary obstacle. If someone wants to be an energy build and speed through quests, more power to them, IMO. The average player does not do that - and in fact, the average player still isn't completely done with all quests, even if they've been playing for years. Making gold a further limitation to questing (because that is the only place it is actually any kind of challenge to core gameplay) is to me completely pointless, and it also still does not make gold 'meaningful' either. It just makes it an obstacle, in an area where another obstacle isn't/wasn't really needed. (People speeding through quests doesn't seem to have been an actual problem that particularly needed resolved, in other words.)

Spending gold with a daily limitation would hurt nothing, and it would also mean that how much you have banked doesn't matter much either. One crystal or potion a day...it would still take you nearly a year just to get the colored crystals to take a general from L69 to L70 (if only getting them that way). It's still more of a bonus kind of thing, it's and it's certainly not going to speed you through gameplay faster than refilling for the same objective would.

There's nothing wrong with things being challenging, not saying that at all. Just saying, I do think we have enough challenges already. A new player even more so - given DP, given pierce/resist, given the paths, runes, general promotions, etc. It is sometimes nice to have something that doesn't take massive long-term effort - like the Elven Sanctum, or Cass, or Kobo. I wouldn't want everything to be sans challenge myself either; but there's nothing wrong with some things being extra, over and above, and not particularly a challenge - provided they can't be abused into massive advantage. Daily limitations keep that from happening.
                            Last edited by Kerowyn; 05-12-2016, 02:26 AM.
                            Level 2xxx
                            Monster-damage data
                            Visit the keep

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Reaper View Post
                              2. Limit the income for people on lands by placing a cap on the number of lands we can have. The limit should allow the same max income as the territory folks have. Any amount of lands over the max can be automatically sold to give us back the gold value.
                              Forgot to answer this part as well, but - lands are already basically capped. Because, a point arrives where buying them is actually a sink rather than a gain.

You can see that I'm nowhere near my 'cap' by level in the attached. I actually stopped buying them well before this also, but every now and then I'll sink some gold by buying more (sometimes just to bump up my hourly income, just to amuse myself).

Because it is effectively capped by cost vs. income - 16.1 billion for one land, that earns 450k an hour. That's 35,777 hours just to make back its own cost - which is four years before it will earn anything at all (past what you spent on it). So, it is effectively a sink even well before my kind of level, it is effectively capped when you do the math on it.

I have pretty outrageous wood/iron totals by this point as well (nearly 300k wood, nearly 100k iron). Not complaining - there was a time that iron was a real limiting factor for me as well. That I have such an excess now is not a problem any more than my excess gold is, though.

Excess gold isn't really a problem - us (players) complaining about having little/nothing to use it on was the 'problem', and I still don't agree with how they chose to solve that. Any more than I think you'd agree that further limiting your own iron-earning potential would be a good solution to someone like me complaining about having excess and little to use it on would be. Having excess of anything isn't a problem. I'd love to be able to trade in my thousands of Rusty Gloves and Castle Ramparts and such for little rewards as well, but having that kind of excess isn't hurting anything. And I wouldn't want to see stuff like that made into a 'challenge' either.

Carrot vs. the stick. If they want to give us a carrot to use some things like that on, great - all for it. In a way it's a sort of longevity reward as well, like the demi rewards started out to be - the people who have been around the longest will also tend to have the most (gold, excess wood, or Rusty Gloves, etc). I just don't want any more of the stick to beat me (or others) up with if we don't have stockpiles of whatever it is; and that's basically how I feel about Territories (that it was the stick).
                              Attached Files
                              Level 2xxx
                              Monster-damage data
                              Visit the keep

Comment

Working...
                              X