Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Gift Revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Revamp

Remove ALL gifts.

Replace current gift options with:
    Gift Token
    Monster Token

All old Alchemies from gift items are replaced with a number of the type of token. This translates into:

Aeris Dagger New Alchemy: 6 Gift Tokens
    Sea Serpent: 1 Monster Token
    Lord of Darkness: 2 Monster Tokens

Easy transition of alchemy ingredients in terms of understanding. 1 ingredient = 1 appropriate token.

Monster Tokens may be made Kobo'able. Old Alchemy ingredients are converted either manually on Kobo's page or automatically purged from the system and replaced with an appropriate number to tokens. (The kobo'able monster tokens is up for debate since that's potentially a lot of ingredients shifted into that status at once.)

Exceptions:
    Legacy Malekus Gift
    Legacy Meph Gift

These 2 retain single-equip items that are not alchemized. Maybe associated token for these may be an "Equip Token" and follow the manner of previous ones and are given a new alchemy. (The alchemy results being random or specific.)

Side Note: With advent of lots of alchemies changing, revamp the page to be somewhat like the Favor Generals page. Using a format of contained squares rather than 50 lines of alchemies.

Something like:
    Alchemy Result
    Alchemy ingredients
    Create Button

Have ingredient quantity an expandable hover-over. Following the same pattern as it down now, where lit up means you have it. Visually only has to compensate for a max of 6 different ingredients.
    pieisgood

I pretty much agree w/ the gift tokens... a gift token is the way to go, not sending specific gifts.

I don't understand the monster token part.
    Please only respond to my posts if you have something rational and intelligent to say.
    https://bookofbadarguments.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogniti...vioral_therapy

Comment

Originally posted by didact View Post
      I pretty much agree w/ the gift tokens... a gift token is the way to go, not sending specific gifts.

I don't understand the monster token part.
      Monster Tokens are meant to replace the Orb-based components for summoning monsters. (And potentially the non-orbs)

For example, it takes 2 "Mysterious Slime" to summon abomination. However these can be used in Kobo's Goblin Emporium.

Lord of Darkness uses "Orb of Darkness" to summon. Yet this orb isn't able to be used in the Goblin Emporium.

A Monster Token would not be able to be used in the Goblin Emporium is the idea, if the Devs decide for it to be. Otherwise, the standard Gift Token would be a singular gift for everything.

Currently, a lot of these orb components are sitting around, and even more-so with the alternative Energy for summoning. So to be able to liquidate them all would be nice, but might pose a problem design-wise in some cases, if at one single moment all stocked up orbs suddenly became Celesta's Devotion and Serene's Arrow.
      pieisgood

Comment

They've already fixed the monster summoning thing. You can summon them using a small amount of energy. That's a good solution imo.

The gift tokens for actual gifts idea would be helpful for newbies especially.
        Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
        New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by zserg View Post
          They've already fixed the monster summoning thing. You can summon them using a small amount of energy. That's a good solution imo.

The gift tokens for actual gifts idea would be helpful for newbies especially.
          I feel that it is, but there is the matter that the Monster Orbs still exist. Not specifically saying "delete them", but intending to compact the items into something more fluid for in-game use.

The Energy itself is really good on many levels, but the gift variety is the issue I was really attacking. 30+ gifts and nothing to give. Orbs suffer an issue in that they are marked as 0/0 spells, so I find that they really add no depth to gameplay other than as an alternative to summoning. For quick measure, I have 21 Orbs of Darkness. I'm not summoning that many Lords of Darkness anytime soon.

So, my point is really just simplifying the gifting system, whether we want to keep orb-type gifts non-kobo type or not. Clutter is the worst part of this game. The purpose of the different token types being only if Devs decide to keep converted Orbs marked as 0/0 spells.

The variety of gifts would go from 30-thousand gifts to 2-4. And feels much nicer to use as a result.

Gifting itself really needs reworked beyond that, but starting with a more augmentable element seems more viable.
          pieisgood

Comment

gifting items should be dropped. Change it over to tokens to use with Kobo and rework that instead ...

- Eliminate the junk that is in Kobo and put all the discontinued general items in there. It's still junk per se but it would give new players somewhere to acquire it. That's the Common drops.

- Uncommon drops would be what was considered the excellant gear back in the day like Prometheus' and a few other items could be added in there like Demon strength

- Rare drops could consist of lightweight discontinued generals/heroes like Persephone,alchemy heroes like Kilgore as well as Medius.

_ Epic drops should be a couple new generals as well as Aki giving older players something to shoot for

Kobo wouldn't stay relevent for older members for to long but could be a good source for new players to get many items not available to them at present plus could be used as a graveyard for other things in the future by the developement team.

Comment

Probably not exactly where you were going with this thread, but a random gift obtained by a single click each day as a player loyalty hook seems a great idea. I mean we already are hooked by the daily prayer, but this would simply reinforce the concept.

I think something along these lines already exists on the iOS side and migrating the functional elements of each platform towards one-another seems a logical thing to do, even if only in baby steps here and there.

Perhaps it could be a daily gift from the King or Queen of Valeria? I forget their names at the moment.

Comment

Make gifting available for virtually ANY item we hold. This will help us & our friends to build more alchemy items sooner. Eg. I have 4 Virtues of justice but 0 Virtue of Fortitude and I know many friends that have the opposite

Comment

that would be awesome to "trade" items so the big ppl who are only farming for legendarys have many epics they dont need and could help out in guild

a hellstone (actually a legendary) would be nice for me so if someone has more then 1 of those and doesnt need it, could give it too me ^^

well ok all that would prob destroy the game,... and making BSI accounts much much stronger since u wouldnt have to farm with that at all

Comment

Working...
                  X