Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

New Achievements for Balance in the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concure
    WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKE'S YOU STRONGER

Comment

Originally posted by Alper View Post
      Yeah the same. The situation in Guild Battles are anyway ridiculous for higher level gaining less points and lower level being awarded. To have this now in regular pvp too would be nonsense
      I don't mind having a hard time getting 240 point targets ( and I am only 502 ) I am there to win the Guild Battle not farm coins, but that is my perspective. I think that we are looking to balance the game, give people who do not spend massive amounts of FP's that ability to be competitive in certain areas. PVP is not about chaining people 1k levels below you, it's about testing your strength and seeing how fare against people your own level and higher, I think that should be rewarded. It won't prevent higher levels from attaining these ranks, but it will make them work harder for it and *gasp* maybe hit people their own level!
      Your a daisy if you do https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...ser=1529665035

You were VICTORIOUS in a Conquest Battle against Padaxan's assault in a Conquest Battle taking 237 damage! Goto Conquest Battle!

Comment

Originally posted by zserg View Post
        Why should people that invest in BSI be better rewarded than those that care about raw power? <.<
        Why should they be less rewarded?
        CA is a journey which rewards patience, balance, knowledge and efficiency. It eventually penalizes rashness, single-mindedness, ignorance and waste. Your journey is not my journey. It can not or should not be. But, if the Spirits are kind, each of our journeys will be better for having shared a portion of them with each other.

Comment

you have my vote
          Sig by Nuttis Keep Remove Add
          “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.” -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Aki Nashobi View Post
            Why should they be less rewarded?
            I'm not saying they should be less rewarded. I'm asking for equal opportunity :v
            Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
            New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
              I don't mind having a hard time getting 240 point targets ( and I am only 502 ) I am there to win the Guild Battle not farm coins, but that is my perspective. I think that we are looking to balance the game, give people who do not spend massive amounts of FP's that ability to be competitive in certain areas. PVP is not about chaining people 1k levels below you, it's about testing your strength and seeing how fare against people your own level and higher, I think that should be rewarded. It won't prevent higher levels from attaining these ranks, but it will make them work harder for it and *gasp* maybe hit people their own level!
              There are skill and items for which you need a massive amount of Guild Coins. It doenst feel fair that i have only the option of bonus collecting to be able to earn the same amount of GC a lower level can collect in normal way.

You look at PvP only from the BSI point of view, but thats not the only playstyle there available.
              EG: I don't care about testing my strength. The only thing i care about is to achieve the ranks. If my battle strength is high enough to crush my opponent i deserve the points. Doens't matter if he has the same level as me or is 1000 higher or lower level, because it was his own decision to rank up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Alper View Post
                There are skill and items for which you need a massive amount of Guild Coins. It doenst feel fair that i have only the option of bonus collecting to be able to earn the same amount of GC a lower level can collect in normal way.

You look at PvP only from the BSI point of view, but thats not the only playstyle there available.
                EG: I don't care about testing my strength. The only thing i care about is to achieve the ranks. If my battle strength is high enough to crush my opponent i deserve the points. Doens't matter if he has the same level as me or is 1000 higher or lower level, because it was his own decision to rank up to that point.
                I am one of the original dinosaur's still around. I can tell you most people that are really into PVP its all about reaching up not down. BSI becomes irrelevant for someone 1k levels above me, which is why the softer MH will reach down that far to achieve ranks. I am talking about, as I believe Barry was also, finding more ways for people of different styles to enjoy the game. Why not have some aspect's of the game benefit different types of players? I don't complain that most of the new monster's are out of my reach, I don't lobby for the Dev's to make it easier for me. I don't know why there cannot be a niche carved out that benefits having a lower level high BSI character. Like I said it doesn't make it impossible for the higher level player to achieve it, just will make them battle more people their own level. Not sure why there is anything wrong with that.
                Your a daisy if you do https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...ser=1529665035

You were VICTORIOUS in a Conquest Battle against Padaxan's assault in a Conquest Battle taking 237 damage! Goto Conquest Battle!

Comment

Agreeing with the OP.

Comment

I agree with the OP

Comment

I am one of the original dinosaur's still around. I can tell you most people that are really into PVP its all about reaching up not down. BSI becomes irrelevant for someone 1k levels above me, which is why the softer MH will reach down that far to achieve ranks. I am talking about, as I believe Barry was also, finding more ways for people of different styles to enjoy the game. Why not have some aspect's of the game benefit different types of players? I don't complain that most of the new monster's are out of my reach, I don't lobby for the Dev's to make it easier for me. I don't know why there cannot be a niche carved out that benefits having a lower level high BSI character. Like I said it doesn't make it impossible for the higher level player to achieve it, just will make them battle more people their own level. Not sure why there is anything wrong with that.
                      There is a niche: GBs. As mentioned before, you benefit a lot.
                      Even Arena you had those benefits, but it felt unfair. You had it much easier to obtain and stay in Alpha than people around my level for those it was pratically impossible to achieve it without refills.

Im against it of two reasons:
                      • If you are over level 300 it is purely your own decision to aim for a high rank and reach it. If you are not strong enough to defend the rank simply don't aim for it or live with the consequences.

• You include that it is okay to attack higher level players but it is not okay to attack lower level players. There are some builds (plenty of them) who will be stronger in higher levels while being weaker in lower levels. They would get a penalty for leveling up, feels stupid.

Comment

I did suggest this around two years ago , so I am totally behind this idea .
                        However the only draw backs I can see, now more so than back in the day, are
                        I believe we will have the "alt effect" rear it's ugly head again or just as bad the "chain effect" . By chain effect , I obviously mean chaining a player or players that is well bellow your level .

How can these be addressed ? If you limit attacks to ten , with no return to that target for 48 hours for example I believe that will be a fair way to prevent both .

A safety net of 100 level's +/- should also help prevent too many mismatched attacks ....... But, if you were a stronger build looking to climb quicker, If you had the ability to attack higher levels outside the safety net , maybe your rewards could be higher .
                        I Have Worked for My Level , Not Bought It !!

Comment

^ lol

thankfully devs don't think that way, and mostly reward all builds equally
                          Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                          New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

There is only one thing that bugs me in this idea, and it's kinda the same problem I had with the new demi rewards.

e.g. We make a new achievement; 30 FP for 10 000 duel wins. Some people on here already have 20k duel wins and more. They would get instantly rewarded, and the "game" of reaching the achievement is lost upon them. It's not really bringing PvP back to the game for them either. If we put the achievements at like 100K duels won, we will get the same effect we have for festi duels, where people think the cost is too high compared to the gain and they will just abandon it.

Originally posted by Tass
                            1. We haven't been updating PVP much and have been going out of our way to drive traffic away from PVP toward other features for about 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by kenster View Post
                              There is only one thing that bugs me in this idea, and it's kinda the same problem I had with the new demi rewards.

e.g. We make a new achievement; 30 FP for 10 000 duel wins. Some people on here already have 20k duel wins and more. They would get instantly rewarded, and the "game" of reaching the achievement is lost upon them. It's not really bringing PvP back to the game for them either. If we put the achievements at like 100K duels won, we will get the same effect we have for festi duels, where people think the cost is too high compared to the gain and they will just abandon it.
                              We'd still need to cover the middle ground there though. 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k, 225k, ect...

Comment

New Achievements for Balance in the game.

while I fully agree with most suggestions, i have to query "make them battle people their own level", finding people your own level to battle is the problem, i'm stuck on Festival duels at "Protector" simply because unless i am happy to hit ppl 1k and more levels below me, i cant progress. i just dont get opponents within even 500 levels above or below me , ever. So i cant play that part of the game, while lower levels can shoot up the rankings,its yet another way which this game has become skewed in favour of low-level players, as did Arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X