Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Thoughts From A Semi-CC Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobicusTheConqurer View Post
    As far as I can tell, the HP refill is the developers turkey trap, or their little joke.

Has anyone actually done this? Yes, I would be that turkey; back when my level was in the single digits. When I learned how stupid I was, I laughed and moved on.
    Or maybe, just maybe, the devs back then didn't know that Health would be a useless status.
    Originally posted by Bertrand Russell
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    Castle Age Wikia - Help Me With Monsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulet View Post
      Or maybe, just maybe, the devs back then didn't know that Health would be a useless status.
      and yet it is still here :O lol :P

Comment

Originally posted by Livonya View Post
        I am surprised at how hostile people got about this post.

I think most of your points are thought out and have some validity.

I have to agree that the hostility that the non-CC players have towards CC players clouded their evaluation of your ideas.

I don't agree with all of your ideas, but I do think there are some basic problems with castle age and your post is getting at some of those problems.

The funny thing is that some of the people that claim not to be CC users clearly spend money on Castle Age as many of them have lots of chest generals.

I have never spent a dime, and I have 0 chest generals.

Anyway, here are my thoughts as a PvP build with low stamina/energy.

1) I wish I could buy a single FP refill that would give me 100 stamina or energy. I will never spend 10 FP on a refill to get 120 stamina. Not worth it.

But if I could spend 1 FP to get 100 stamina then I would do it. It would help me a LOT and it would also help high stamina/energy builds as they could buy small 100 refills.

This is a good suggestion. It would be cool if I could buy 10 energy potions for 1 FP, or 5 stamina potions for 1 FP.

2) I agree that 45 level 150 slots on the next generation monsters is way, way, way too few slots.

As a PvP build I can't do refills, and I don't have massive energy/stamina to spend on these monsters. I can barely carry my weight in these battles.

If I pick the wrong monsters then there is nothing I can do. If it starts to look like it will fail then there is nothing to be done. I can't do refills and I can't reach out to friends for help. It makes these monsters a crap shoot.

3) Yes, War costs too much stamina. Luckily, I have a defense build so I never had to spend anything on War. I spent enough stamina to get to rank 1 of war, and then that was it. I simply can't afford the stamina for War. I have moved up the ranks on defensive wins.

And yes the rewards aren't worth the expense. A lot of people don't even bother going for the highest war rank as the top reward is pointless.
        Some people farm monsters for a living in game and get lucky with FPs. I am one of them. Another is that some people could have done achievements and saved their FPs THEN bought chests and got lucky. And believe me some are fricken' lucky!

1 FP = 100 stamina x 10 FPs = 1000 stamina total. Hmmn... i think this is a very very very BAD idea! It will allow people to hit things more and gain more. This is ESPECIALLY EXCELLENT if you're a credit card user! Imagine at how long your money can go?

Lower leveled players cannot deal as much or even equal that of much higher leveled players that's why there are fewer slots for them. God help the summoner and contributing players if many or none of those players at that level bracket don't attack ever again!

Excellent! Since you have little stamina your argument about War Ranks being too expensive is moot! Why go to them when they can go to you?

Some people just find PVP an excellent way of playing. My character build is more all around. So i'm good at PVP/PVM/War Ranks (mind you WR can be attributed sometimes to the number and quality of equipment you've got).
        Please check out my suggestions for the game: http://castleageforums.com/cforum/showthread.php?t=7624

Comment

op if your a member of fp farmers group your know that their monsters don't flee and don't need saving by cc players,

Comment

Originally posted by Ulet View Post
            It must have some use, I get messages from people, who are very mad at me, when I put them under health. It seems to be very important to them.
            If a tougher PvPer isn't making your CA life miserable then someone isn't doing their job! -revdjweb

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
              It must have some use, I get messages from people, who are very mad at me, when I put them under health. It seems to be very important to them.
              LOL. Let's leave them be in their shadow of ignorance. They'll find their own light once they found the Celesta heal button.
              Originally posted by Bertrand Russell
              "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
              Castle Age Wikia - Help Me With Monsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Devious View Post
                op if your a member of fp farmers group your know that their monsters don't flee and don't need saving by cc players,
                Heh. Just to be OT...

I think you didn't hear about a Red Serpent recently where the summoner went MIA soon after summoning and did not add enough members. Bin (or was it Richard) ended up refilling multiple times to deal a few million damage to it so that we won't have our first failed serpent.

Needless to say that person had the dubious honour of being the 2nd person ever to be banned from FPF.

Comment

Originally posted by Enchilada View Post
                  Heh. Just to be OT...

I think you didn't hear about a Red Serpent recently where the summoner went MIA soon after summoning and did not add enough members. Bin (or was it Richard) ended up refilling multiple times to deal a few million damage to it so that we won't have our first failed serpent.

Needless to say that person had the dubious honour of being the 2nd person ever to be banned from FPF.
                  So you guys ban people for just one error?

Out of curiosity, have you(not you but whoever has banning powers in the group) tried to contact him/her?

It seems pretty stupid to ban someone over a single serpent. Maybe something unexpected happened and he had no choice but to leave it, or maybe right after summoning he had problems with his connection...

Now if someone contacted him/her and found that it was done on purpose to screw peoples work, then sure...ban him/her.
                  Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                  New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by zserg View Post
                    So you guys ban people for just one error?

Out of curiosity, have you(not you but whoever has banning powers in the group) tried to contact him/her?

It seems pretty stupid to ban someone over a single serpent. Maybe something unexpected happened and he had no choice but to leave it, or maybe right after summoning he had problems with his connection...

Now if someone contacted him/her and found that it was done on purpose to screw peoples work, then sure...ban him/her.
                    Yeah we tried pretty hard to contact him/her - group forums, multiple PMs, group wall, etc. To no avail unfortunately. =(

Anyway, we have a rule that states members should have 20 friends in the guild before summoning - he/she obviously didn't catch that. Heh.

I'd like to add that FP Farmer isn't as draconian as it seems. We've probably gone through thousands of members before banning just two. Join us and have a look. =) We always welcome more farmers. Heh.
                    Last edited by Enchilada; 09-02-2010, 01:58 PM. Reason: Spelling & Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Enchilada View Post
                      Heh. Just to be OT...

it was me that killed it i did about 6 million, i don't cc

Comment

For the record, I'm also a Semi-CC'er, about on Pooh's level, $20 a month, sometimes a little more.

I also agree that the Stamina Refill cap needs to go. Someone said that there's no Energy Cap because people need to quest... well, I would imagine that most people above level 400 or so have already completed every quest available to them. So what's the point in Refilling Energy then, except to heal monsters? Ever thought about how much Energy it would take to solo even a Serpent, using only Energy? Considering a Fortify allows your Archers to do about 120 Damage each time... a freakin' lot.

The game does need to adapt a little for the higher end. Eventually, we'll all be there, and we will be having the same gripes later on, if these things are not dealt with now. Otherwise, it's less palatable to reach those levels. Even at my level 256, it takes me more than 1 refill to level, so I have the choice of wasting a partial refill, or just waiting it out. Though admittedly, I probably wouldn't waste any if I had Orc King.

I think that hardcore CC'ers should probably work together within the game, instead of always trying to save every monster. People with similar interests, and playing styles always work well together.

But I also see so many rifts within this gaming community already. PvPer vs MHer, CC'er vs Free'er, Lurker vs Spammer, SCripterz vs the Rest of the World... There's just no way to please everyone.
                        ~VoV~

Comment

I find myself in the position this week that I don't agree with anyone (though the OP had good points for a change)

But either I read whiny whiner posts by monster hunters, or holier than thou posts by the locals who seem to think enjoying CA as a casual pastime is a ****ing crime against humanity.
                          I am sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Devious View Post
                            it was me that killed it i did about 6 million, i don't cc
                            Crap. There goes my argument. LoL. In all honesty, thanks for that though

Comment

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
                              I think that hardcore CC'ers should probably work together within the game, instead of always trying to save every monster. People with similar interests, and playing styles always work well together
                              We already do! It's called JET (Joint Event Teams).

Comment

Working...
                              X