Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Suggestion for new Achievement system (not what you have seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for new Achievement system (not what you have seen)

Hiyas. This is not your typical "I want Serpent and Meph Achievemetns" or "These new Achievements suck" threads. When the dev's are ready they will introduce Serpent and Meph Achievements and these new Achievement rewards are fine. Just because the old Achievements were way overpowered doesn't mean the new ones have to continue the theme.

What I am suggesting it a new approach to Achievements where you work towards one Achievement until it is completed, then it unlocks a new set of harder Achievements for the same Monster. A couple examples using current Achievements as the first level:
    level 1 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 500,000 damage)
    level 2 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 1 million damage)
    level 3 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 2.5 million damage)
    level 4 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (solo)

level 1 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 1 million combined)
    level 2 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 2 million combined)
    level 3 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 5 million combined)
    level 4 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 15 million combined)

level 1 - Defeat 25 Serpents (min 100,000 combined)
    level 2 - Defeat 25 Serpents (min 200,000 combined)
    level 3 - Defeat 25 Serpents (min 500,000 combined)
    level 4 - Defeat 25 Serpents (solo Ancient)
    A similar progression could be implemented for all current Achievements and would provide more incentive to battle a wider range of monster. Hydra and Dragon Achievements might need some tweaking because of the current 3 stage progression and due to the different varieties of Serpent and Dragon, only Ancient red would qualify for solo. Minimum requirements would not carry over, meaning that if you are working on the 500,000 Achievement and do 1 million damage, it will still only count as a kill for the 500,000 section. Doing higher amounts of damage would only count as you unlock the higher levels. To all those who might whine about not getting credit for kills you have already done over the first Achievement level, you already finished the first Achievement and decided to continue for Loot. That was your reward. You get to start the next level right away, but get no credit for previous kills.

I would not suggest FP as rewards for any of the higher level Achievement. SP would be ok, but I would actually prefer to see some sort of Loot rewards. These could either be great gear, items which could Alchemy into a new General or unlocking of exclusive new Land options. I am not looking for FP or SP handouts.

OK, proceed to rant about how stupid this is lol.
    Want to be a Monster Hunter but not sure how to build? Check out my Comprehensive Monster Hunter's Guide here http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=23269

scaling requirements ?!

bloody painful
    the final goodbye has come

Comment

Originally posted by solkyro View Post
      scaling requirements ?!

bloody painful
      Well I designed it to be painful, along the lines of reaching High King except for Monster Hunters.
      Want to be a Monster Hunter but not sure how to build? Check out my Comprehensive Monster Hunter's Guide here http://174.37.115.166/cforum/showthread.php?t=23269

Comment

As long as the rewards were worth it . . .

I would probably do them for FP amounts, but a guaranteed loot/general could be even better(assuming they were good enough). For example one could award you with the ability to recruit a general that improves loot drops(should probably be a level four solo achievement). Other possible general type loots could be someone who increases your damage for every ally you have against the monster(I.E if 100% of Genesis's slots are full you get 50% extra damage/fortification power, if only 50% of slots were full you would get 25%, etc). And of course there could be one for the opposite(in other words does more damage if you are solo, though I wouldn't let it do 50% extra. Maybe 25%). Stuff like that would interest me. Though obviously those numbers were pulled out of thin air and likely would need balanced. But I just wanted to bounce some ideas around.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rottschaefer View Post
          At my level (an average of 30k per power attack) it'll require 62.500 stamina... not considering the level ups (cannot calculate the progression... or better too lazy to do), i'll need 217 days to perform this achievement...

If i want to combine dmg and dispel... it'll be around 160 days
          A couple dozen thousands FP AND SP maybe (i repeat MAYBE) will induce me to think if i will put some efforts in it...

otherwise... LOL!

And I don't want to think if the skaar guy dies BEFORE I'm able to perform the last required attack to reach the 15 millions...

No ty. No reward will stop me to burn some cities down
          All bark, someone else's bite

Comment

Hiyas. This is not your typical "I want Serpent and Meph Achievemetns" or "These new Achievements suck" threads. When the dev's are ready they will introduce Serpent and Meph Achievements and these new Achievement rewards are fine. Just because the old Achievements were way overpowered doesn't mean the new ones have to continue the theme.

What I am suggesting it a new approach to Achievements where you work towards one Achievement until it is completed, then it unlocks a new set of harder Achievements for the same Monster. A couple examples using current Achievements as the first level
            An interesting approach, but they've already made the achievements more difficult... some of the ones you've suggested are pretty much impossible.

Comment

I would agree to this provided that the rewards in FP or SP are worth it, its hard but not impossible.
              FP FARMER
              Active Monster List

Comment

I like the ideas here. I personally feel the achievements need to be more challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by TorquemadaXL View Post
                  At my level (an average of 30k per power attack) it'll require 62.500 stamina... not considering the level ups (cannot calculate the progression... or better too lazy to do), i'll need 217 days to perform this achievement...

If i want to combine dmg and dispel... it'll be around 160 days
                  A couple dozen thousands FP AND SP maybe (i repeat MAYBE) will induce me to think if i will put some efforts in it...

otherwise... LOL!

And I don't want to think if the skaar guy dies BEFORE I'm able to perform the last required attack to reach the 15 millions...

No ty. No reward will stop me to burn some cities down
                  I don't know where you are getting your numbers from

15,000,000 damage / 30,000 per PA = 500 PA's = 2500 Stm

Is it extreme? Sure, but it only requires half the Stm as the 5,000 Invasion Achievement. It is under a time constraint though so it is less. Basically this is a "solo" on a World Monster which allows for the Siege Weapons to be fired and a little extra help from some friends. Remember, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Achievements are things that should be ACHIEVED, not just handed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rheannan View Post
                    An interesting approach, but they've already made the achievements more difficult... some of the ones you've suggested are pretty much impossible.
                    Which is why they are true Achievements instead of handout for simply playing the game. They require a player to actually adjust their game in order to accomplish them. The current Achievements are basically for doing what people were going to do anyway, why not make them something to actually strive for?

No one HAS to do the Achievements, but for those willing to take on the test, why not reward them for the immense effort (and probably FP that would go straight into the dev's pockets) of performing Herculean tasks?

Comment

jst trying to help

What I am suggesting it a new approach to Achievements where you work towards one Achievement until it is completed, then it unlocks a new set of harder Achievements for the same Monster. A couple examples using current Achievements as the first level:
                      level 1 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 500,000 damage)
                      level 2 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 1 million damage)
                      level 3 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 2.5 million damage)
                      level 4 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (solo)

level 1 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 1 million combined)
                      level 2 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 2 million combined)
                      level 3 - Defeat Skaar 25 times (min 5 million combined)

level 1 - Defeat 25 Serpents (min 100,000 combined)
                      level 2 - Defeat 25 Serpents (min 200,000 combined)
                      level 3 - Defeat 25 Serpents (min 500,000 combined)
                      level 4 - Defeat 25 Serpents (solo Ancient)
                      A similar progression could be implemented for all current Achievements and would provide more incentive to battle a wider range of monster. Hydra and Dragon Achievements might need some tweaking because of the current 3 stage progression and due to the different varieties of Serpent and Dragon, only Ancient red would qualify for solo. Minimum requirements would not carry over, meaning that if you are working on the 500,000 Achievement and do 1 million damage, it will still only count as a kill for the 500,000 section. Doing higher amounts of damage would only count as you unlock the higher levels. To all those who might whine about not getting credit for kills you have already done over the first Achievement level, you already finished the first Achievement and decided to continue for Loot. That was your reward. You get to start the next level right away, but get no credit for previous kills.

I would not suggest FP as rewards for any of the higher level Achievement. SP would be ok, but I would actually prefer to see some sort of Loot rewards. These could either be great gear, items which could Alchemy into a new General or unlocking of exclusive new Land options. I am not looking for FP or SP handouts.

OK, proceed to rant about how stupid this is lol.
                      Damage required should not increase per level the only thing you should increase is the number of kills.

Example
                      level 1 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points and Skill Points
                      level 2 - Defeat Lotus 10 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points and Skill Points
                      level 3 - Defeat Lotus 15 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points 10 Skill Points
                      level 4 - Defeat Lotus 20 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points 10 Skill Points

=)

Comment

Originally posted by JasonVonBranstein View Post
                        Damage required should not increase per level the only thing you should increase is the number of kills.

Example
                        level 1 - Defeat Lotus 5 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points and Skill Points
                        level 2 - Defeat Lotus 10 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points and Skill Points
                        level 3 - Defeat Lotus 15 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points 10 Skill Points
                        level 4 - Defeat Lotus 20 times (min 500,000 damage) 5 Favor points 10 Skill Points

=)
                        This is exactly the sort of handout I am trying to avoid

Comment

hmmm i really like the idea here. It would be challenging but as you've already said that's kinda the point. I especially like the idea of rewarding loot or gear for making the achievement rather than favor points.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBGood View Post
                            hmmm i really like the idea here. It would be challenging but as you've already said that's kinda the point. I especially like the idea of rewarding loot or gear for making the achievement rather than favor points.
                            Thanks Lady, I appreciate the support

@ Jason, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was jumping all over your suggestion out of hand. I created this suggestion in order to try and bring more challenge to the Achievements which would benefit the game and the dev's at the same time. SP and FP have been a very polarizing topic regarding the Achievements as well as the relative ease in accomplishing them. I was trying to address these issues in a way that would be a benefit to the game.

Comment

Thanks Lady, I appreciate the support

@ Jason, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was jumping all over your suggestion out of hand. I created this suggestion in order to try and bring more challenge to the Achievements which would benefit the game and the dev's at the same time. SP and FP have been a very polarizing topic regarding the Achievements as well as the relative ease in accomplishing them. I was trying to address these issues in a way that would be a benefit to the game.
                              Having a General for a reward is imba =)...

Comment

Working...
                              X