Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Corona Virus Semi-Official discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
    https://scitechdaily.com/ab8-covid-1...s-cov-2-virus/ neutralizes and blocks covid 19 not a cure i guess
    That has a lot of promise. To over over simplify, if you can make something that will bind to the spike protein, you could neuter Covid. Without a functional spike protein, Covid can not enter cells therefore Covid can not replicate.

IMO, that would count as a cure.

PS: A big plus that this cure can be transmitted by air.
    ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
    Lil rascal made away with it...

Comment

• I agree. That article does look promising. A lot better than an inhibitor, that's for sure.

We'll have to see where it goes and whether the US will buy up all the stock before the rest of the world can do so, again.
      "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
        I agree. That article does look promising. A lot better than an inhibitor, that's for sure.

We'll have to see where it goes and whether the US will buy up all the stock before the rest of the world can do so, again.
        do we own all the hcq in the world?

Comment

• I am still convinced that if we had the exact same CDC that we had during the SARS infection, that we would have had a much better outcome. Earlier testing, earlier quarantines that only involved small groups. It would have never turned into entire towns, cities, states. The CDC kicked butt for SARS and had been partially dismantled by the time COVID arrived. When what little of them was left tried to mobilize, they were also gagged.

Funding the CDC is a lot like managing and funding firefighters. When they are doing the job correctly, it is 100% boring. So boring that you might think that we no longer need to waste money paying firefighters to sit around all day. That we are wasting money doing controlled burns. Expensive waste of money and people complain about their land rights being violated and that all that money would be better used elsewhere.

For what is the harm if if we just cut back funding the firefighters?

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/...tos-sept-2020/
          ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

Comment

• Honestly... funding is the least of the CDC's problems right now.

With Trump flunkies literally "correcting" scientific reports for fear that the deep state might be trying to undermine the president the CDC has literally, and by no fault of their own, lost all credibility.

I personally won't trust anything coming out of there for quite some time to come.

Not until the political flunkies are gone and even then they'll have to rebuild trust.

Even with low funding for the CDC the one thing that we absolutely could not afford is a CDC that we can't trust at all.

But hey... it is what it is, one day it will magically go away, we're doing a fantastic job and great numbers!

#SoMuchWinning
            Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 09-16-2020, 05:02 PM.
            "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Comment

• https://en.prnasia.com/releases/glob...t-291291.shtml

hmm , the death rate will be lower soon, gonna say we have the best data ever
              Last edited by baoyutaohuagong; 09-17-2020, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• should trump dismantle cdc since all the reportings are done through wh

Comment

• Surely you know the answer to that question?

He should just leave it the H alone and let them do their damned jobs already.

Case in point...

The CDC director testified under oath the other day. Stated that the vaccine would likely start rolling out in November/December and would have been widely enough distributed for live to be more like "normal" around the end of the 2nd quarter early 3rd quarter 2021. He also stated that the vaccines appear to have a 70% chance of triggering an immune response (essentially stating that the vaccine might not work at all for some!) and that he would trust a mask over vaccines since they work 100%.

Within hours Trump was all over it insisting that the man was mistaken and answered the questions incorrectly as a result. His press secretary essentially doubled down on that as Trump himself tripled down on it. The vaccine will be fully distributed to all Americans early 2021 and mask won't be needed anymore.

Soonish after that the CDC director posted on social media that he had 100% confidence in the vaccines.

Yeah... sure... of course you do. I'm sure that nobody threatened to fire you or something.

I'll be sticking to my masks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
                    Surely you know the answer to that question?

He should just leave it the H alone and let them do their damned jobs already.

Case in point...

The CDC director testified under oath the other day. Stated that the vaccine would likely start rolling out in November/December and would have been widely enough distributed for live to be more like "normal" around the end of the 2nd quarter early 3rd quarter 2021. He also stated that the vaccines appear to have a 70% chance of triggering an immune response (essentially stating that the vaccine might not work at all for some!) and that he would trust a mask over vaccines since they work 100%.

Within hours Trump was all over it insisting that the man was mistaken and answered the questions incorrectly as a result. His press secretary essentially doubled down on that as Trump himself tripled down on it. The vaccine will be fully distributed to all Americans early 2021 and mask won't be needed anymore.

Soonish after that the CDC director posted on social media that he had 100% confidence in the vaccines.

Yeah... sure... of course you do. I'm sure that nobody threatened to fire you or something.

I'll be sticking to my masks!
                    aw he forgot to quintuple down on it.

Comment

• I have always respected that asian culture wears a mask when they feel ill. It helps stop spreading the illness to others. It strikes me as very caring about your fellow human being.

That said, I have ZERO respect for the way we (The U.S.) handled masks.

The first thing we tell everyone is you don't need them. While we are doing this, we steal all the paint masks from the stores. Then we repeat that you don't need to wear a mask, unless you are a doctor. The public does not need them. They will do you no good unless you are a doctor. Don't wear them, don't hoard the, if you have them at your house, donate them to your local hospital. This went on for what... about two months!!!

It would seem to REV that those who believed the initial message are still stuck on that message. It is not fair to call them stupid, because they are following the instructions that the media and government was giving out. The worst label that works with this is "easily mislead" or perhaps gullible.

However, there are always opportunist and jerks that seek to take advantage of any situation. FL: Anti-Maskers Protest in Another Target

Comment

• i like that 99.7% mask that taiwan produces

Comment

• https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3957370 what if wearing masks can prevent covid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev Sim View Post
                            I have always respected that asian culture wears a mask when they feel ill. It helps stop spreading the illness to others. It strikes me as very caring about your fellow human being.

That said, I have ZERO respect for the way we (The U.S.) handled masks.

The first thing we tell everyone is you don't need them. While we are doing this, we steal all the paint masks from the stores. Then we repeat that you don't need to wear a mask, unless you are a doctor. The public does not need them. They will do you no good unless you are a doctor. Don't wear them, don't hoard the, if you have them at your house, donate them to your local hospital. This went on for what... about two months!!!

It would seem to REV that those who believed the initial message are still stuck on that message. It is not fair to call them stupid, because they are following the instructions that the media and government was giving out. The worst label that works with this is "easily mislead" or perhaps gullible.

However, there are always opportunist and jerks that seek to take advantage of any situation. FL: Anti-Maskers Protest in Another Target
                            A bit of nuance is due I do believe.

What we were actually told is that we didn't need masks like the N95. Because they were in short supply (since the WH hadn't restocked but that is a different discussion) and there were people who actually needed them to do their jobs such as medical personnel. Same for other high grade masks. At the time they were in very short supply so we were told not to use -those-. Not to hoard them, etc. We are -still- told that btw. Here in the PNW for example we've been drowning in wild fire smoke for the past week and while masks were recommended they -still- recommended to not use N95's so that people who actually required them could have them available.

Did people hoard anyway? Of course they did. Because that is what people do. They are greedy. What was hoarded I'm sure was never intended for personal use but rather for sale at a high price to make a profit. You see that with everything that is in short demand. People buy out as much as they can and resell for a multiple of the original value. It's disgusting but it's what people do. You can't blame the official channels for people being greedy when they literally stated not to hoard or use masks that were in short supply.

It's also a very reasonably and logical response to a shortage like that. We never were told to not wear masks at all. They were very specific about that. That said... there -were- some channels that did insists we didn't need masks at all. All of them right wing. From media platforms all the way up to the WH. Twisting the message from "we don't need this type of mask" to "we don't need masks at all". Often arguing BS "alternative science" to back their claim. Some of which looked -really- convincing. I'm sure that a lot of people are still clinging to that. Ffs... even the president is peddling that BS even now.

We live in the age of Jesus Trump (for those who wondered what the J stood for). He's (for whatever reason) believed and trusted over -anyone else-. For crying out loud, barely any senate republicans took issue with his attack on the CDC director the other day and instead backed him up in saying that he knew better than a person who has literally made it their lives work to know and understand this stuff.

To quote the man who knows everything about everything.... "it is what it is".

Comment

• That is why the old CDC had the one message rule. A specific clear message repeated over and over.

I can't even keep track of the moving message anymore.

But, this is typical message from February 2020.

Recommendations for the general public

Studies have shown no clear benefit from face mask use for people who are not sick. Some research shows that people can become infected from touching a contaminated mask they have been wearing or by removing it incorrectly.

During an outbreak such as COVID-19, the following measures may help people to reduce their chances of becoming infected:
                              • Wash hands frequently or use alcohol-based hand rub. Always wash with soap and water when hands are visibly soiled.
                              • Refrain from touching your nose or mouth, which are common routes of contagion.
                              • Avoid crowds and limit your visits to closed spaces with people.
                              • Avoid handshaking and other forms of physical contact.
                              • Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from any individual who is showing respiratory symptoms (e.g., coughing or sneezing).
                              My. My. How the message has changed.

Comment

• To be fair... in January agencies like the WHO were also saying that human to human transmission wasn't a thing.

Messages change as more research is concluded so to have the message be more fluid in this instance doesn't seem -that- strange. We've been learning new things about a then unknown illness. We're still learning new things so part of the message is bound to change some more.

I'll admit though that the mask thing is odd. Not sure why they would state it that way as opposed to educating on proper mask use. I also can't imagine that still being the message today. (I haven't checked their official messaging.)

Comment

Working...
                                X