Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Corona Virus Semi-Official discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cure for covid 19 found, break through led by a taiwanese professor from cmu chien mien hung
    https://english.cmu.edu.tw/news_detail.php?id=4627

The number of citations has been growing exponentially as I type.
    The most incredible thing is they have to piggyback 22 authors to this paper, knowing that it may win a nobel prize.
    However since they are non white and unrecognized by WHO and has no say in UN. The media will keep quiet about it as hydroxychloroquine and those vaccines may be much better for americans to make money. Remember more infections = more tests = more profits for america. The international rankings has also ranked CMU badly while dismissing it as ... We shall see how the media works
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...quine_in_vitro
    Last edited by baoyutaohuagong; 09-10-2020, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• i wonder if scott atlas speeches will affect the enrollment for stanford medical school?
      Even though I believe schools are rank by how much money , researches ... and paper written .
      Meanwhile, in taiwan breakthrough in covid is progressing nicely while ...

Comment

• For some reason, I think I remember a guy named Atlas telling Nero to fiddle harder as the flames spread.
        _____

cdc.gov/travel/news-announcements/tafenoquine-malaria-prophylaxis-and-treatment

Tafenoquine is an 8-aminoquinoline antimalarial drug related to primaquine. As with primaquine, tafenoquine can cause severe hemolytic anemia in people with G6PD deficiency. Those with partial deficiency that may be missed by qualitative testing may also be at risk for hemolysis. Therefore, physicians must perform quantitative G6PD testing before prescribing tafenoquine. Tafenoquine use in people with G6PD deficiency or unknown G6PD status is contraindicated.

The long terminal half-life of tafenoquine (approximately 16 days) offers potential advantages in less frequent dosing for prophylaxis and a single-dose course for treatment.
        If we were to hand out pills to random people, the safety / efficacy ratio is bad. We should not give this to the community (people in their homes) when they are in a high outbreak area. Therefore it can not just be handed out to stop the spread. True pity. But it really does not matter. The fact that you need to lab test before administration prevents any widespread community use.

There have been some concerns about the long term safety of this drug. The existing data is unclear. The drug can not be proven safe or proven dangerous. It currently exists in a murky area of it could be either one.

If it has a widespread use, it will be in the hospital setting. So, even if it is 99.98% effective in stopping an active covid infection, this will not be the easy answer we are hoping for. But it might be great for hospital use.

Drat! I was hoping for better news on this one.

Remember Clorox will also kill covid in the petri dish, but that does not make it a covid cure for infected humans.
        Last edited by Rev Sim; 09-10-2020, 02:36 PM.
        ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.
        Lil rascal made away with it...

Comment

• As with primaquine, tafenoquine can cause severe hemolytic anemia in people with G6PD deficiency. Those with partial deficiency that may be missed by qualitative testing may also be at risk for hemolysis. Therefore, physicians must perform quantitative G6PD testing before prescribing tafenoquine. Tafenoquine use in people with G6PD deficiency or unknown G6PD status is contraindicated.

The long terminal half-life of tafenoquine (approximately 16 days) offers potential advantages in less frequent dosing for prophylaxis and a single-dose course for treatment.

Comment

• https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...id-19/12546468

Comment

• American epidemiologist Remington Nevin said tafenoquine belonged to a class of anti-malaria medications shown to be neurotoxic.

Comment

• I honestly don't understand why people are saying in here that a cure was found. A cure was -not- found.

The paper published talks about an -inhibitor-. It makes a sars-cov2 infection less potent, it doesn't eradicate it.

Which makes it a treatment but not a cure in any way or form.

So to quote our favorite president...

FAKE NEWS!
                Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 09-10-2020, 05:22 PM.
                "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

• Bannister’s death comes as South Carolina reported only 250 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday — the lowest since June 3. But officials also reported a lower number of people tested: 1,744, which translates to a 14 percent positivity rate.
                  ...Dwarven Miner - I found a free chest roll for ye, but I was ambushed by a Dev in the mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
                    I honestly don't understand why people are saying in here that a cure was found. A cure was -not- found.

The paper published talks about an -inhibitor-. It makes a sars-cov2 infection less potent, it doesn't eradicate it.

Which makes it a treatment but not a cure in any way or form.

So to quote our favorite president...

FAKE NEWS!
                    yes cure is too strong a word, inhibit would be better, guess it is fake news, lets follow the true cure on fox news n white house, hcq.

Comment

• Political Operatives Pressured CDC and Altered Covid Reporting Politico

Who you gonna trust?

The CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports are authored by career scientists and serve as the main vehicle for the agency to inform doctors, researchers and the general public about how Covid-19 is spreading and who is at risk. Such reports have historically been published with little fanfare and no political interference, said several longtime health department officials, and have been viewed as a cornerstone of the nation's public health work for decades.

But since Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the health department's new spokesperson, there have been substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements, including the president's claims that fears about the outbreak are overstated, or stop the reports altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev Sim View Post
                        I guess White house, fox news, breitbart, infowars and mc ennany or whatever she is called would be the de facto most watched information on covid.
                        As for me I prefer to watch castle age forum

Comment

• Both the D and the R have defunded the CDC over the past decades. The blame is on both.

The US was not hit by SARS since (at that time) we had a functional CDC that stopped it. Between the budget cuts and high level political interference, this CDC never had a chance to do anything but fail.

What the CDC looks like to those inside of sausage factory of healthcare.

When we talked, I was still so confident that this response was gonna look like the 2009 [H1N1] pandemic response, which was a good response. Initially, it had some problems… but once they realized what was going on, they kicked into gear and everything went pretty well.

One thing that's super different is that the CDC in 2009 provided central leadership. They were proactively reaching out to state, regional, and local Health officials saying, ‘Here's what you need to be doing. Here's what this should look like.’ And people did it.

I am scared and enraged because there's no central authority here. I don't understand what's going on. The CDC isn't giving press briefings. They're just absent. And that could be because the administration is muzzling them. Or it could mean that there's disarray inside the CDC. And I guess all of that will come out.

But I feel guilty because I knew them. So it's a bit like not wanting to think your Uncle Bob did something wrong or was capable of doing something wrong. That's why I feel bad, because I just assumed that this response would look like the old response. And it doesn't at all, and I just feel so awful.

It’s becoming clear why the US’ response to COVID-19 is terrible

Multiple reports make it obvious that facts aren't driving pandemic management.

Comment

• Let's be honest here. Did we -really- expect anything else?

I mean... it's no secret that from day one this whole presidency has been one big lie to make Trump look good while his friends benefit from his supposed policy changes. In addition to that it's all no secret that the entire last 3 years have all been part of the re-election campaign which was -literally- announced on I believe his first or second day in office. It's been three years of strenuous effort to widen the divides in the country and politicize every issue. All to ensure that re-election would occur.

So of course this was going to happen. Anything that would go against the positive message needed for re-election would be quashed. You can't have some pesky facts stand in the way of four more years after all.

You can argue that both parties are a bunch of s**t bags and you would be right. But saying that the CDC was defunded by both parties over the years is like saying that Obama depleted the stockpiles. The current administration had -plenty- of time, even after covid started, to pump money into the CDC so that it could perform the role it needed to perform. They choose not to do this. (Ffs, they can't even decide on -any- covid related money distribution!) They chose to lie instead to protect the needs of a single man over the needs of the many. Now that they are committed they have to keep up with the lie any way they can.

The truly sad part? A huge chunk of people are eating it up like candy. As is evidenced by the amount of people replying with nothing more than "6%" when you point out the number of covid deaths.

So... yeah... of course the CDC was going to be politicized. It's just the latest step in an ongoing campaign to quash the facts to protect the needs of the few over the needs of the many.

Edit: Just as another example... apparently -none- of the senate republicans are in any way bothered by the fact that Trump lied about the severity of the virus back in Feb. Instead they are more than happy to pretend that he was acting on the same information that us regular folk had which is in itself another bloody lie.
                            Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 09-14-2020, 06:40 PM.
                            "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

• This is more Faux News. They stole the truth from us. Sneaky little scientists. Wicked, tricksy, false!

Trump lied about science

Comment

• https://scitechdaily.com/ab8-covid-1...s-cov-2-virus/ neutralizes and blocks covid 19 not a cure i guess

Comment

Working...
                                X