Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lessian View Post
    Resistance is futile.
    All women aren't one way, all men aren't another. Some women don't talk a lot, some men like to cook and clean. Some women aren't slavering after marriage, some men are. Some women like sex a lot more frequently then men do.

I am not surprised that the men who have such a negative view of our sex are unhappy in relationships. You're getting what you expect to get. Maybe you should search out nice women rather than lump us all together and take the cold comfort about being "right" as to how we're all awful.

I enjoy some of the diagrams, etc. here, but some of the statements...wow.
    I love how a stereotype that is generally true, you can just assume someone is saying it is ALWAYS true, and then argue that, despite the person probably not believing whatever it is you try to make it about. You know why they call them generalizations? Because generally, they apply.

Many women are spoiled brats who do nothing but whine about their husbands, complain constantly about every minor thing, who are never on time to anything social, and if any more attractive woman walks by, will do whatever they can to act as if they are somehow better than the "slut" who just happens to know where the gym is.

Do you use some stereotypes in reference to men? Most of the women I do, actually do.

Are there not double standards which apply to men (negatively) and not to women? Well, look at that, there are.

It's a bitter life most live, and if it weren't for the stereotypes holding a lot of truth, it would be much easier to find reasonable people who could think about more than themselves.

How about this argument that has been had with a recent girlfriend?

"You're late for our date."
    "Well, you're never ready to go when I show up, so I adjusted my watch to your time."
    "How can you be late for a date?"
    "Ok, then... let's go."
    "I'm not ready yet"
    "Case in point."
    "You're being such a jerk right now" (translation, you're right).

Next day, overheard her talking to her friend...
    "LK was late last night. And then he was a jerk about it when I got him in a corner about it."

Same day, later in the day:
    "Gotta go, can't be late for my salon appointment."

And this chick is a mensa member.

Sadly, this conversation is one of many between women where women just expect men to do something, get no credit for it, and accept it without question... How terrible for us to want a more sex than we get.

Yes, crap. Double standards, they are everywhere. Women aren't particularly nice to men, and I can see it in hundreds of places. She expects all of these things from him, but any minor question results in her blowing up at him. Great.

Every once in a while you can find a good woman, I'm sure all of us wish they were more common. As opposed to a good man, which commonly seems to translate to... "Someone who will put up with all of your crap."

The lengths men go to for women is just absurd to me, and I've certainly done it myself... Just to find (as is true with the vast majority of women), that the nicer a man is to a woman, the worse she is to him.

Now, you can take this "always", "never" crap out of whatever I said, because women or gay/metro men are usually the ones who use those words for areas where there is some variation between 0% and 100%.

Also, emotions... They are temporary. If you want to live your live relating to how you feel vs the reasons something bothers you, that's certainly not something I'm going to cater to. "I feel like..." seems to me more like some form of manipulation.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of dealing with any people who get mad at me for no good reason, won't tell me about it, and expect me to do something based on something that they can't directly note. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those people I know are women...

Do I hate women? Not really.
    Do I wish they would learn how to communicate with men, instead of expecting us to communicate with them? Yes.
    Do I respect the idea that disagreeing with someone is "being mean?" No.
    Do I respect feelings? No, logic is reliable and has a reason. Someone with logic always has a point, which usually deserves respect. This is why I like to date lawyers.
    Would I put up with a lot of this crap for someone I was interested in? It's certainly happened in the past. But any who get that far with me have to have some way of understanding my ideas on things without getting butthurt and emotional about it.

"Then why do you complain about women?" because 95% of the most difficult interactions in my life have dealt with them, and 99.5% of the drama has involved one in one way/shape/form. I'd assume most women could say something similar about men, but since the standard also involves a lot of girl/girl drama, it's probably not nearly as skewed as for us.

That's fine. Nags, drama queens, or any number of other traits are just thrown right out the window for me. I respect and love my mother, but that's not who I want to pair up with for life. Nor do I want my parent's disfunctional relationship. And maybe it's different for you, but the "standard, stereotypical" woman is not a very good match for me in any way other than an "overnight relationship."
    Last edited by leppykahn; 03-22-2010, 07:23 AM. Reason: i FELT like it.
    Join my pointless group, or don't I really don't care either way.
    http://174.37.115.166/cforum/group.php?groupid=45

Comment

• Originally posted by leppykahn View Post
      I love how a stereotype that is generally true, you can just assume someone is saying it is ALWAYS true. Many women are spoiled brats who do nothing but whine about their husbands, complain constantly about every minor thing, who are never on time to anything social, and if any more attractive woman walks by, will do whatever they can to act as if they are somehow better than the "slut" who just happens to know where the gym is.

Do you use the same stereotypes in reference to men? Most of the women I do, actually do.

Are there not double standards which apply to men (negatively) and not to women? Well, look at that, there are.

It's a bitter life most live, and if it weren't for the stereotypes holding a lot of truth, it would be much easier to find reasonable people who could think about more than themselves.

"Well, you're never ready to go when I show up, so I adjusted my watch to your time."
      "Ok, then... let's go."
      "I'm not ready yet"
      "Case in point."

"LK was late last night. And then he was a jerk about it when I got him in a corner about it."

Sadly, this conversation is one of many between women where women just expect men to do something, get no credit for it, and accept it without question... How terrible for us to want a more sex than we get.

Yes, crap. Double standards, they are everywhere. Women aren't particularly nice to men, and I can see it in hundreds of places. She expects all of these things from him, but any minor question results in her blowing up at him. Great.

Every once in a while you can find a good woman, I'm sure all of us wish they were more common. As opposed to a good man, which commonly seems to translate to... "Someone who will put up with all of your crap."

The lengths men go to for women is just absurd to me, and I've certainly done it myself... Just to find (as is true with the vast majority of women), that the nicer a man is to a woman, the worse she is to him.

Now, you can take this "always", "never" crap out of whatever I said, because women or gay/metro men are usually the ones who use those words for areas where there is some variation between 0% and 100%.

Nice choice of words LK.

And yes, such petty arguments are all over us once we, men, "fail" to meet such absurd expectations/standards w/c they (women) picked up from cosmopolitan.

Once we become too nice of a date/partner/slave the outcome is vanity and we end up treated like a "dog". It would do us better not to treat them like a princess -- They seem to have an appetite for that. So if you decided to be a jerk and was called an A-hole, take it as a complement and pat yourself in the back.
      Power is a Jealous Mistress... and Jealousy is a Powerful Weapon. Greed is a pet you have to FEED. Do not Deny its Craving!

Unofficial Arena 2™ | "HITLISTED"™ | SCRIPPTER SURRENDERS™ | Monsters SHOULD Fight Back!™ | Women™ | Mutilated Horse/Dog™ The "whinng" thread™

Comment

• Originally posted by leppykahn View Post
        I love how a stereotype that is generally true, you can just assume someone is saying it is ALWAYS true, and then argue that, despite the person probably not believing whatever it is you try to make it about. You know why they call them generalizations? Because generally, they apply.

Many women are spoiled brats who do nothing but whine about their husbands, complain constantly about every minor thing, who are never on time to anything social, and if any more attractive woman walks by, will do whatever they can to act as if they are somehow better than the "slut" who just happens to know where the gym is.

Do you use some stereotypes in reference to men? Most of the women I do, actually do.

"Ok, then... let's go."
        "I'm not ready yet"
        "Case in point."

And this chick is a mensa member.

Also, emotions... They are temporary. If you want to live your live relating to how you feel vs the reasons something bothers you, that's certainly not something I'm going to cater to. "I feel like..." seems to me more like some form of manipulation.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of dealing with any people who get mad at me for no good reason, won't tell me about it, and expect me to do something based on something that they can't directly note. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those people I know are women...

Do I hate women? Not really.
        Do I wish they would learn how to communicate with men, instead of expecting us to communicate with them? Yes.
        Do I respect the idea that disagreeing with someone is "being mean?" No.
        Do I respect feelings? No, logic is reliable and has a reason. Someone with logic always has a point, which usually deserves respect. This is why I like to date lawyers.
        Would I put up with a lot of this crap for someone I was interested in? It's certainly happened in the past. But any who get that far with me have to have some way of understanding my ideas on things without getting butthurt and emotional about it.

"Then why do you complain about women?" because 95% of the most difficult interactions in my life have dealt with them, and 99.5% of the drama has involved one in one way/shape/form. I'd assume most women could say something similar about men, but since the standard also involves a lot of girl/girl drama, it's probably not nearly as skewed as for us.

That's fine. Nags, drama queens, or any number of other traits are just thrown right out the window for me. I respect and love my mother, but that's not who I want to pair up with for life. Nor do I want my parent's disfunctional relationship. And maybe it's different for you, but the "standard, stereotypical" woman is not a very good match for me in any way other than an "overnight relationship."
        Wow.

You have issues. Seriously.

I have to feel sorry for someone with such a jaded, skewed and cynical view of the world and of the oppositie sex. Personally, I tend to give other people more credit, and would go with the generalisation that both men and women would benefit equally from learning to communicate better with the opposite sex.

And btw your translation of your ex-gf's comment "you are being such a jerk" as "you're right" is incorrect. To her mind, you were being a jerk and she called you on it. That doesn't make either you or her in the wrong or in the right. Your translation however, is definately a misinterpretation. So, if you think you've got all the answers and are an expert on women, I hate to tell you this but you are sorely mistaken, and would be doing yourself a big favour if you let yourself learn a lesson or two about communicating with women yourself, rather than holding the majority in such low esteem.
        Trying to be clever doesn't work when you aren't.
        ...Making progress (slowly)...

Comment

• i agree with elvie.

i thought of this thread after a conversation with a friend who gives his chick money cuz she whines non stop until he gives in. i dont get it. she makes 4 times more than him. what the fudge? its not like she has any sense of fashion. she looks like a drag queen. she is trying to make him ask her to marry him. a bunch of us, his friends, are telling him to kick her to the curb. hes a sweet man and doesnt deserve a controlling, b**ch. shes horrible. shell talk about him not being 'large' enough. i moved the stools away. that ***** probably wouldve slide down. sorry for being vulgar. i tell him that if shes like this now, imagine if they got married.
          its one thing to take someone you care for out and pay and be sweet, but dont give your money to them (if youre not married). if they whine until you hand over a credit card, you better get some oral, ****, and 3some. lol
          "Happiness is a picnic in the woods." - polyester

Comment

• Originally posted by brendejasRodeoClown View Post
            i agree with elvie.

i thought of this thread after a conversation with a friend who gives his chick money cuz she whines non stop until he gives in. i dont get it. she makes 4 times more than him. what the fudge? its not like she has any sense of fashion. she looks like a drag queen. she is trying to make him ask her to marry him. a bunch of us, his friends, are telling him to kick her to the curb. hes a sweet man and doesnt deserve a controlling, b**ch. shes horrible. shell talk about him not being 'large' enough. i moved the stools away. that ***** probably wouldve slide down. sorry for being vulgar. i tell him that if shes like this now, imagine if they got married.
            its one thing to take someone you care for out and pay and be sweet, but dont give your money to them (if youre not married). if they whine until you hand over a credit card, you better get some oral, ****, and 3some. lol
            holy sheet! i got infraction four woman joke much less vulgar dan half da stuff in dis tred! dat being said, why i not fines dis tred long time ago! eez funny! womans be crazee sometimes! den again men be buttholes sometimes too. den again womans love butthole mens. dey tink dis man eez challenge and dey must break him. so basically man v. woman relationship eez reelly dependant upon her crazeeness v. his buttholeness. who weel win. tiger woodses eez perfect eggsample. heez wife be crazee but he eez bigger butthole four long time. now, me tinks he must decrease heez buttholeness, wile she eencreases crazeeness, cozing her to take upper hand. i not feels bad for tiger. dat wat he gets.

kill me pleez http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...ser=1012351934

Comment

• Originally posted by brendejasRodeoClown View Post
              i agree with elvie.

He's a dead man if he marries that thing... I know not all women are as devious as the one you've mentioned but that is just not right. I feel sorry for your friend bro. Maybe you should introduce him to other chicks and make him snap out of the hypnosis. Poor guy..
              Power is a Jealous Mistress... and Jealousy is a Powerful Weapon. Greed is a pet you have to FEED. Do not Deny its Craving!

Unofficial Arena 2™ | "HITLISTED"™ | SCRIPPTER SURRENDERS™ | Monsters SHOULD Fight Back!™ | Women™ | Mutilated Horse/Dog™ The "whinng" thread™

Comment

• Originally posted by al'Lan Mandragoran View Post
                holy sheet! i got infraction four woman joke much less vulgar dan half da stuff in dis tred! dat being said, why i not fines dis tred long time ago! eez funny! womans be crazee sometimes! den again men be buttholes sometimes too. den again womans love butthole mens. dey tink dis man eez challenge and dey must break him. so basically man v. woman relationship eez reelly dependant upon her crazeeness v. his buttholeness. who weel win. tiger woodses eez perfect eggsample. heez wife be crazee but he eez bigger butthole four long time. now, me tinks he must decrease heez buttholeness, wile she eencreases crazeeness, cozing her to take upper hand. i not feels bad for tiger. dat wat he gets.
                The entire post got me laughing!!!! Even just reading the term "buttholeness" got me LOLing all the way! Thanks for the good Laugh!

Comment

• i liked the second one

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidovain View Post
                    Nice choice of words LK.

And yes, such petty arguments are all over us once we, men, "fail" to meet such absurd expectations/standards w/c they (women) picked up from cosmopolitan.

Once we become too nice of a date/partner/slave the outcome is vanity and we end up treated like a "dog". It would do us better not to treat them like a princess -- They seem to have an appetite for that. So if you decided to be a jerk and was called an A-hole, take it as a complement and pat yourself in the back.
                    I am a female. I despise Cosmo. I am never late, I agree with the idea behind generalizations, however, also support finding evidence before applying it to another person. I am always ready to leave for a place at least 30 minutes before I am supposed to be there. I pay my own rent. Own my own car, keep separate bank accounts, pay for my own phone, and meals for that matter. The next thing is, I am incredibly logical, and if there is really something bothering me, or I truly have an issue with someone I tell them. As bluntly as possible I might add. Next thing, if they treat me badly, in my opinion, it is just over. Which I personally think is kinder than stringing someone along to use them.

You need to realize that siding with a generalization, if they do tend to generally be true, doesn't make it acceptable. After all, many racial stereotypes are in place for a reason, and that reason isn't defamation. It is because they tend to be true. At least on the easily visible portion of that class, gender, whatever word may be applicable. After all, when you hear about the extremist organizations doing such and such (for instance, a animal rights group throwing acid in someones face, or a terrorist bombing a city) doesn't make everyone that is in a related group instantly violent. That is the same for males, and females. Although a percentage (most likely approaching but not exceeding 50%) are subject to the generalization, not all are. The next thing is, behavior that follows a pattern that you are capable of discerning will stand out to you, making it seem more prevalent.

I would have to say that the solution isn't to treat women worse, it would be to use some intelligence in picking one. After all, the generalization may say that men are typically stupid ( which in my opinion should be that people in general are stupid), but you don't have to be. You fault the female for their behavior, overlook yours, and fail to learn for the next time. This is not insulting, I would say the same to other girls, it is just that personal accountability is paramount, and excuses or placing blame is for children.
                    Daenerys Targaryen: Rightful queen since 283 AL. Destroying armies since 299 AL.

Comment

• I think everyone realizes that stereotyping/generalizing is not 100% accurate. But it's not a bad thing either. It's ingrained in us from millions of years of evolution to earn from and to categorize our world. If a a plant of a certain color causes you to vomit your guts out for eating it then you will avoid other plants of that color. Same logic when you form an experience from a person. If the majority of Muslims you encounter are Islamic and the majority of Asians you encounter are good at math, you automatically place all Muslims and Asians into those categories. As always, exceptions to the rule will exist and you have to make special categories like dumb Asian or Jewish Muslim.

Been drinking
                      "The great journey ends here", Fred

Comment

• LOL omg the second picture is the best one of all LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
                          I am a female. I despise Cosmo. I am never late, I agree with the idea behind generalizations, however, also support finding evidence before applying it to another person. I am always ready to leave for a place at least 30 minutes before I am supposed to be there. I pay my own rent. Own my own car, keep separate bank accounts, pay for my own phone, and meals for that matter. The next thing is, I am incredibly logical, and if there is really something bothering me, or I truly have an issue with someone I tell them. As bluntly as possible I might add. Next thing, if they treat me badly, in my opinion, it is just over. Which I personally think is kinder than stringing someone along to use them.

You need to realize that siding with a generalization, if they do tend to generally be true, doesn't make it acceptable. After all, many racial stereotypes are in place for a reason, and that reason isn't defamation. It is because they tend to be true. At least on the easily visible portion of that class, gender, whatever word may be applicable. After all, when you hear about the extremist organizations doing such and such (for instance, a animal rights group throwing acid in someones face, or a terrorist bombing a city) doesn't make everyone that is in a related group instantly violent. That is the same for males, and females. Although a percentage (most likely approaching but not exceeding 50%) are subject to the generalization, not all are. The next thing is, behavior that follows a pattern that you are capable of discerning will stand out to you, making it seem more prevalent.

I would have to say that the solution isn't to treat women worse, it would be to use some intelligence in picking one. After all, the generalization may say that men are typically stupid ( which in my opinion should be that people in general are stupid), but you don't have to be. You fault the female for their behavior, overlook yours, and fail to learn for the next time. This is not insulting, I would say the same to other girls, it is just that personal accountability is paramount, and excuses or placing blame is for children.
                          I completely understand you.. But i did not mean to say that women should be treated in a disrespectful manner either. What i meant was there are some women who just needs to treated in some ways simply to establish some sort of equilibrium..

Peace out ..

Comment

• i liked the second one
                            LOL omg the second picture is the best one of all LOL!!!

Same here.. but i find the last one really funny - The woman never made it to GAP

I think everyone realizes that stereotyping/generalizing is not 100% accurate. But it's not a bad thing either. It's ingrained in us from millions of years of evolution to earn from and to categorize our world. If a a plant of a certain color causes you to vomit your guts out for eating it then you will avoid other plants of that color. Same logic when you form an experience from a person. If the majority of Muslims you encounter are Islamic and the majority of Asians you encounter are good at math, you automatically place all Muslims and Asians into those categories. As always, exceptions to the rule will exist and you have to make special categories like dumb Asian or Jewish Muslim.

Been drinking

Nicely put. Cheers!

Comment

• Holy necro Batman!
                              Keep https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...00000623043657

VoV https://web3.castleagegame.com/castle_ws/guildv2_home.php?guild_id=100000501322828_12828796 70

Comment

• Originally posted by toorika
                                Does anyone else wonder, if she's just going to go "window shopping," then why does she need my credit card?
                                based necro

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X