Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

"You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!" - Health Excavation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Da Wimsta View Post
    I'm in the same boat (give or take) as Dok.
    I have level one collected more times than I could imagine. I have never received that message. It really is a blessing that it won't let collect until you've either completed a level or run out of time.

    For grins and giggles I'll do a few dozen on crystal day this week and see if I can get it .
    Since I made my previous post it's been said that this message pops up when you don't complete even level 1 of the excavation before time runs out. This makes sense since in that situation something would need to be reported back to the player. It also begs the question of whether the game is not fully registering the completion of level 1 for some reason even though it's displaying that it is complete.

    The funny thing is that even though I gave Dokkodo a hard time for being close minded, I don't disagree that this could be a bug.

    That said, I've made the suggestion on Discord to try refreshing before collecting on level 1 excavations to see if it still shows as complete then. I would be interested to see whether this is the case or not.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

    "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Da Wimsta View Post
      I'm in the same boat (give or take) as Dok.
      I have level one collected more times than I could imagine. I have never received that message.
      It really is a blessing that it won't let collect until you've either completed a level or run out of time.

      For grins and giggles I'll do a few dozen on crystal day this week and see if I can get it .

      That is what I am saying. Though I am not like BaTW in the sense of touting stochastic terminology or put up links for math equations, I am interested in my personal game statistic, which I kept records of data for each thing that I am interested. Green crystal drop rate is one of these things that I keep track to make sure it is not too far off from the advertisement. As such, I record all essence collection over the years as well as recent as last weekend. Yet, I have not seen the message these folks are talking about.

      Perhaps, the recent changes some people reported exist in a few servers and not all across the board? Perhaps, the changes are accidental due to one of the past updates? If I see such thing I would certainly have reported or post a question on it already. This is why I think it might be a bug.

      I probably kept more data on this game over the last 10 years more than most average players. I used to share info with what I learned from this game to everyone. However, over the years, I learned to not trust everyone in this game. There are just too many trolls who take your help and then turn around stab you in the back later. I need to remember to not come to this pond and be helpful with anything I know again, or else I get drown out by its noisy resident's croaking sermons. If only there was a way to filter or block the croaking noises.
      Last edited by Dokkōdō; 07-09-2019, 09:07 PM.


      Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Dokkōdō View Post
        I need to remember to not come to this pond and be helpful with anything I know again, or else I get drown out by its noisy resident's croaking sermons. If only there was a way to filter or block the croaking noises.
        <croak>

        If you don't want to be croaked at then maybe not be crappy to others on here?

        Like telling people not to make "absolute" statements about intended behavior to prevent false information from spreading only to finish that by making an "absolute" statement about said intended behavior?

        If you want to be helpful then by all means do, nobody will croak at you for that no matter how much info you share.

        But if you are going to try to derail a conversation by being crappy to others, then don't complain when you get croaked out on that behavior!

        </croak>


        As far as the topic goes...

        Originally posted by Dokkōdō View Post
        Perhaps, the recent changes some people reported exist in a few servers and not all across the board? Perhaps, the changes are accidental due to one of the past updates? If I see such thing I would certainly have reported or post a question on it already. This is why I think it might be a bug.
        I agree that this is likely a bug.

        If I had to speculate then it's likely another case of behind the scene tripping, which is why I asked people to refresh before they collect. To see if that might show something out of the ordinary.
        Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-09-2019, 09:54 PM.
        "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

        "Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

        Comment


        • #19
          Still getting this, sometimes a lot. Yesterday it happened 3 times in my last 6 collects (still after using 300 energy, so at lvl 1).

          I feel like it happens quite consistently, about 10 to 20% of the time.

          Comment


          • #20
            And I had confirmation that it can happen at any Excavation level - even if you use 1800 energy to bring the quest to the last level, it's possible to get nothing out of it.

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm just going to chime in and say that I've had this before, just a small number of times over the last few months. I've never had it on a lvl 4 collect as I know I'd be really miffed, but certainly noticed it on my Fri/Sat collects. I play Web3. I never brought it up as I thought it was a feature of the game as the message is specific to excavation. It's a nuisance, but so rare that it hasn't changed my approach.

              Comment


              • #22
                I only do level 4 collects and has never happened to me

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've gotten this message at lvl 1 around 20% of the times since I started two years ago. It only occurs at lvl 1. So you need to decide what's more important to you. Getting max essence or crystal attempts. You can also level it to 2 and collect from there.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ScardyKat View Post
                    I only do level 4 collects and has never happened to me
                    Same here.

                    Free to Play Strategy - This is what I've been doing - increase your energy to at least 1000 and rely on level ups. If your energy is under 1000, use your energy on quests instead.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Gaffers View Post
                      I'm just going to chime in and say that I've had this before, just a small number of times over the last few months. I've never had it on a lvl 4 collect as I know I'd be really miffed, but certainly noticed it on my Fri/Sat collects. I play Web3. I never brought it up as I thought it was a feature of the game as the message is specific to excavation. It's a nuisance, but so rare that it hasn't changed my approach.
                      Well it might be a feature and not a bug, but I had never heard of that before I brought it up on the forums, and also several players said they never got that message, so I don't know. And I was doing a lot less excavations before, but I don't remember ever getting the failure message before last year.

                      Also at level 1 it probably happens at least 15% of the time for me so it's really not that rare in my case.
                      I'm still sticking to level 1 collects for now as I really want the green crystals.

                      Originally posted by ScardyKat View Post
                      I only do level 4 collects and has never happened to me
                      Originally posted by Suwayyah View Post
                      I've gotten this message at lvl 1 around 20% of the times since I started two years ago. It only occurs at lvl 1. So you need to decide what's more important to you. Getting max essence or crystal attempts. You can also level it to 2 and collect from there.
                      Kroki told me it happened several times to him and he collects at level 4. He does a ton of excavation though, so at level 4 it may be very rare.
                      Last edited by gogoo; 04-28-2020, 05:45 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I do a lot of quest collect at lvl 1 for green crystals. I've seen the message being discussed here but so rarely that I didn't think it worth bringing up.
                        It won't stop me from using this method. As to why it's happening? No idea or opinion. It's been so rare it didn't seem worth having feelings about it.
                        I like Ginger Ale!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by FiveMinuteRule View Post
                          I do a lot of quest collect at lvl 1 for green crystals. I've seen the message being discussed here but so rarely that I didn't think it worth bringing up.
                          It won't stop me from using this method. As to why it's happening? No idea or opinion. It's been so rare it didn't seem worth having feelings about it.
                          I've been told it happens more the faster you click to complete the quest. Which sounds weird but would actually explain why some people never or rarely see this and some others see it a lot.

                          And actually it can apparently happen a lot even at level 4. The other day in Discord Kroki said on some days nearly half of his collects at level 4 gave him no loot.
                          And I don't doubt he's clicking very fast 😁


                          So this definitely sounds like a bug. Otherwise it would be the same for everyone.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by gogoo View Post

                            I've been told it happens more the faster you click to complete the quest. Which sounds weird but would actually explain why some people never or rarely see this and some others see it a lot.

                            And actually it can apparently happen a lot even at level 4. The other day in Discord Kroki said on some days nearly half of his collects at level 4 gave him no loot.
                            And I don't doubt he's clicking very fast 😁


                            So this definitely sounds like a bug. Otherwise it would be the same for everyone.
                            Ohhh well if it's fast clicking that affects it ...no I wouldn't see it much. Today's so many collects I saw it once. All manual.
                            I like Ginger Ale!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X