Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

"You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!" - Health Excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!" - Health Excavation

This had never happened to me before.

2 days ago I brought the Mist II Health Excavation Quest to level 1 several times before collecting.

And when collecting instead of getting 200 Health Essence I got this message:
    "You did not find any loot during this excavation. Try again!"

Twice. Out of 13 collects at lvl 1.

I don't think I've seen written anywhere (wiki, forums...) that Def & Health Excavation quests have a failure rate.

Was I just very lucky before that it never happened to me? Or is it something new, or a bug?

I've never seen or heard about such a thing.
    ~VoV~

Comment

It is likely a bug. You should report this to the devs.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Comment

I also get this. It's started several months ago. I've seen it a few times on weekends, when collecting after the level 1 health quest. About 2 failures when collecting 15 times.

Comment

I've gotten this message as well several times, on all excavation quests.
          First time i feel it was about 3 months ago.
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

So it definitely does not seem to be a bug.
            Really weird that it was added recently...

It's happened to me again, now I'm at 3 failures out of 27 collects.
            That's roughly a 10% failure rate. Though the sample is way too small.

I was collecting at Lvl 1 for the green crystals chance, and because the essence earned was not that much worse; but now I'm wondering whether I'll keep trying to earn crystals through Excavation quests.

I've asked someone who collects at Lvl 3 or 4 or he hasn't seen this message. So the success rate may be 100% or close at higher collection levels.

Comment

Weird, has never happened to me.....yet
              Keep https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...00000623043657

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post
                So it definitely does not seem to be a bug.
                Really weird that it was added recently...

It's happened to me again, now I'm at 3 failures out of 27 collects.
                That's roughly a 10% failure rate. Though the sample is way too small.

I was collecting at Lvl 1 for the green crystals chance, and because the essence earned was not that much worse; but now I'm wondering whether I'll keep trying to earn crystals through Excavation quests.

I've asked someone who collects at Lvl 3 or 4 or he hasn't seen this message. So the success rate may be 100% or close at higher collection levels.

How do you know for sure that it is not a bug? And how do you know that it was recently changed? Have you talk to someone from CA and that is what they told you?

As far as I know since essence excavation was introduced, you always get essence regardless what level you complete. The success rate does not increase at higher level. There is a trade off for collect at high level vs at lower level and that is the energy cost to essence amount ratio.

Code:
                	energy	tot ene	essence	tot ess	ene:ess
                L1	300	300	205	205	1.46
                L2	400	700	310	515	1.36
                L3	500	1200	415	930	1.29
                L4	600	1800	520	1450	1.24

As you can see the your energy to essence cost is higher at L1 than at L4, and that is the penalty already built in for collection early at lower level. To add another layer of failure on collection would be too severe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dokkōdō View Post
                  How do you know for sure that it is not a bug? And how do you know that it was recently changed? Have you talk to someone from CA and that is what they told you?

As far as I know since essence excavation was introduced, you always get essence regardless what level you complete. The success rate does not increase at higher level. There is a trade off for collect at high level vs at lower level and that is the energy cost to essence amount ratio.

Code:
                  	energy	tot ene	essence	tot ess	ene:ess
                  L1	300	300	205	205	1.46
                  L2	400	700	310	515	1.36
                  L3	500	1200	415	930	1.29
                  L4	600	1800	520	1450	1.24

As you can see the your energy to essence cost is higher at L1 than at L4, and that is the penalty already built in for collection early at lower level. To add another layer of failure on collection would be too severe.
                  I said that because it's apparently happening to everyone (not sure though, but it looks likely to me), and there's also a message for it. It's not like the game said you were getting the Essence, but when you check in your keep nothing was actually added.
                  Here, there's an actual "failure" message which is specific to excavation, so it doesn't look like it was put there by mistake.

Also I said it was recently changed because everyone in this thread who said it happened to them also said it started happening a few months ago.

But I suppose it could still be unintended / a bug, and I do agree with you that the "original" penalty for collecting at lower levels is definitely enough.

Comment

I said that because it's apparently happening to everyone (not sure though, but it looks likely to me), and there's also a message for it. It's not like the game said you were getting the Essence, but when you check in your keep nothing was actually added.
                    Here, there's an actual "failure" message which is specific to excavation, so it doesn't look like it was put there by mistake.

Also I said it was recently changed because everyone in this thread who said it happened to them also said it started happening a few months ago.

But I suppose it could still be unintended / a bug, and I do agree with you that the "original" penalty for collecting at lower levels is definitely enough.
                    No, I do a lot of essence excavation every week for several accounts, and I have not seen such message. Also, please do not say everyone b/c obviously you have not talk to everyone. That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination. If anything, I believe this was a bug. And if it was surreptitiously changed but not inform to the players base then that was am underhanded move by the devs.

Comment

I said that because it's apparently happening to everyone (not sure though, but it looks likely to me), [...]
                      [...], so it doesn't look like it was put there by mistake.
                      Also, please do not say everyone b/c obviously you have not talk to everyone. That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination.
                      Absolute? Wtf?
                      It's extremely far from being an absolute statement. It's actually pretty much the opposite of an absolute statement. If anyone takes anything I wrote in this post for the definite truth, it's on them.

No, I do a lot of essence excavation every week for several accounts, and I have not seen such message.
                      The 3 players who said that never happened to them, including you, never stated whether you collected at lvl 1 or lvl 4 (or 2 or 3, even though there's not much point in collecting at lvl 2 or 3).
                      It would be interesting to know.

-----------------

Here's another "testimony" on the subject, from Discord:
                      Originally posted by sisu
                      I don’t post on forum anymore, but regarding this: [link to this thread] this is not a bug. There’s always been a chance of getting nothing if you don’t excavate fully. It’s been this way for years.
                      So that's yet another take on the matter... Since he says it has always been like that.

Comment

The 3 players who said that never happened to them, including you, never stated whether you collected at lvl 1 or lvl 4 (or 2 or 3, even though there's not much point in collecting at lvl 2 or 3).
                        It would be interesting to know.

-----------------

Here's another "testimony" on the subject, from Discord:

So that's yet another take on the matter... Since he says it has always been like that.

95% of the time I always collect at L1, unless my energy is overflow during the week b/c I level up too fast then I collect at higher levels. That usually happens during special monster events.

Perhaps, next time you could find out if these people who do not get essence on collection whether their account is iOS or not? If the person you quoted from discord say it has been always like that then it would be very weird for me, statistically speaking. I have done at least 10K excavations over the years, and I always observe closely each time I collect to see if I get green crystal or not. I always get essence but green crystal is not a guarantee.

Perhaps, the text may be a mistype intended to let the player know they did not get green crystal, but essence you should always get.
                        Last edited by Dokkōdō; 07-09-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

FB account here, i saw the 'failure' msg some time ago (maybe 3-4 months?) for the first time.
                          I always collect at lvl1 and showed up on more than 1 excavation quest, as i tried others as well.
                          Ever since, i keep seeing it on subsequent 'green crystal' days, not always, but at least 10 times in that period.
                          I have not checked whether i DID get any essence after all (besides not getting any green crystal) despite the 'failure' msg though.
                          I'll try to remember and keep an eye out next time it shows up, for a screenshot and whether i did actually get the essences.
                          Last edited by Fadasmax; 07-09-2019, 05:23 PM.
                          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination.
                            Just blindly dismissing all new information as "false" can -also- lead to misinformation dissemination.

Perhaps, next time you could find out if these people who do not get essence on collection whether their account is iOS or not?
                            This issue, both message and not getting essence, is confirmed to happen on both iOS and web based versions of the game. Not only that, it's been reported that the failure rate is higher the lower the level you complete.

I have done at least 10K excavations over the years, and I always observe closely each time I collect to see if I get green crystal or not.
                            Perhaps, the text may be a mistype intended to let the player know they did not get green crystal.
                            Given that the issue occurs on both FB and iOS I would argue that in 10K excavations (9500 at lvl 1 according to your own words) you should have had this happen at least once or twice -unless-:

1. You really weren't paying as close attention as you claimed.

OR

2. This is a more recent change and you just haven't seen it happen yet.

I know you well enough to say that option 1 does not apply (but by all means correct me if I'm wrong). Which then suggests that this could be a recent change.

Given that people are still trying to figure that out it would help to stay at least a bit open minded in terms of potential changes.

As such I'm going to ask that, unless confirmed further in the thread, you refrain from making statements such as:

but essence you should always get.
                            Because to put in in your own words:

That kind of "absolute" statement can lead to misinformation dissemination.
                            Thanks!
                            Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 07-09-2019, 05:32 PM.
                            "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Reaper View Post
                              Just blindly dismissing all new information as "false" can -also- lead to misinformation dissemination.

This issue, both message and not getting essence, is confirmed to happen on both iOS and web based versions of the game. Not only that, it's been reported that the failure rate is higher the lower the level you complete.

Given that the issue occurs on both FB and iOS I would argue that in 10K excavations (9500 at lvl 1 according to your own words) you should have had this happen at least once or twice -unless-:

1. You really weren't paying as close attention as you claimed.

OR

2. This is a more recent change and you just haven't seen it happen yet.

I know you well enough to say that option 1 does not apply (but by all means correct me if I'm wrong). Which then suggests that this could be a recent change.

Given that people are still trying to figure that out it would help to stay at least a bit open minded in terms of potential changes.

As such I'm going to ask that, unless confirmed further in the thread, you refrain from making statements such as:

Because to put in in your own words:

Thanks!
                              I'm in the same boat (give or take) as Dok.
                              I have level one collected more times than I could imagine. I have never received that message. It really is a blessing that it won't let collect until you've either completed a level or run out of time.

For grins and giggles I'll do a few dozen on crystal day this week and see if I can get it .
                              Come say hello FB link
                              Web 3 Keep link

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence
                              #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
                              #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Comment

Working...
                              X