Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Max possible Critical Hit Chance - Above 100% in theory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max possible Critical Hit Chance - Above 100% in theory!

Currently, the way to get the most crit chance from your General Alliance is to use Layla with a crit general.

In theory, if you have an 8* Layla and an 8* Kang, that's what you could get:
    +31.64% crit chance from Kang
    +100% boost from Layla (in theory)

Which would mean a total from your alliance of:
    +63.28% crit chance

To this, you can add the bonus from your equipment (5 Elite Dragonslayer equips) and Chaos Gems (6 Epic and 2 Legendary):
    +38.14%
    (5*2% + 6*3.28% + 2*4.230% --- using the highest Gem values reported on the wiki, but a bit higher values are possible in practice)

And then the base crit chance:
    +10% (from what I've read/heard).

10 + 38.14 + 63.28 = 111.42%

So in theory, one could get a total of 111.42% Critical Hit Chance.
    I suppose Crit Chance must be capped at 100% and anything above that doesn't add anything though? Would be cool to be able to do "double crit hits"

-------------------------------------------------------------
    So anyway, that's in theory. And it's not really realistic.
    So here's a realistic calculation of what would be possible today.

General Alliance:
    Kaiser 8* = +28.64% crit chance
    Layla 5* = +75% boost (probably at least that, and maybe some players already have a 6*?)
    => +50.12%

Equipment & Gems:
    5 Elite Dragonslayer equips + 8 Epic Gems at a very good orange value (10% + 8*3.2%)
    => +35.6%

Base crit:
    => +10%

10 + 35.6 + 50.12 = 95.72%

So I'm sure there are players nowadays who can reach almost 100% Crit Chance if they want to.

one draw back is the base damage done with the alliance, because one of the biggest factors for damage on monsters are general attack/items and with layla leading the alliance think the attack will be low. and hunter gear does also not have high stats.(quick test to show what i mean: have all elite hunter gear on using a 8* L80 balance general to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,1 mill. know switch to my normal gear in hunter load out and use a 3* L75 aggressiv general(i sadly do not have any 8* L80 aggresiv general) to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,5 mill.)
    Last edited by hansa; 04-27-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hansa View Post
      one draw back is the base damage done with the alliance, because one of the biggest factors for damage on monsters are general attack/items and with layla leading the alliance think the attack will be low.
      Yes definitely. I was just curious about what the highest crit chance achievable could be
      But if you have the money to get a 5 or 6* Layla, you should probably get a 4 or 5* Malekus instead for Monster Hunting

and hunter gear does also not have high stats.
      True, but don't you think the +2% crit makes up for the relatively small loss of stats? I thought it would. I haven't done the math though.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post
        Yes definitely. I was just curious about what the highest crit chance achievable could be
        But if you have the money to get a 5 or 6* Layla, you should probably get a 4 or 5* Malekus instead for Monster Hunting

True, but don't you think the +2% crit makes up for the relatively small loss of stats? I thought it would. I haven't done the math though.
        I did math at one point, and I have pretty good gear mostly best in game at that time.

I used the hunter gear with rare exception.

I used the item with the attack rune, because the rune was worth more than the bonus, and I didn't want to use hunter gear in my defense load (or attack load, back then I had it in the hammer...).

I also had a gem with Gen. Attack boost, or critical strike that also had PvP properties I couldn't pass up.

I vaguely recall each point of general attack being worth 6 points of player attack, and I believe gear counted the same, but I did that a long time ago so I could be completely wrong in my memory.
        Come say hello FB link
        Web 3 Keep link

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence
        #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
        #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Comment

malekus is by far the best both for monsters and combat for me(he is the one used in example). will love to 8* him.lol
          but my chest rolling days are over. i spend minimum. untill devs fix the biggest problems ingame(no need to go into what i think those are in this thread :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Da Wimsta View Post
            I did math at one point, and I have pretty good gear mostly best in game at that time.

I used the hunter gear with rare exception.

I used the item with the attack rune, because the rune was worth more than the bonus, and I didn't want to use hunter gear in my defense load (or attack load, back then I had it in the hammer...).

I also had a gem with Gen. Attack boost, or critical strike that also had PvP properties I couldn't pass up.
            Thx for the insight that's helpful!

Originally posted by Da Wimsta View Post
            I vaguely recall each point of general attack being worth 6 points of player attack, and I believe gear counted the same, but I did that a long time ago so I could be completely wrong in my memory.
            I know general and equipment stats do indeed count the same.

As far as player attack is concerned though, I think it depends too much on how high it is to begin with to make generalities on how much +1 atk would be worth.

I found this on the wiki:
            https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Ge...onster_Hunting
            Which states:
            Monster hunting depends largely on general size, monster damage, and critical capabilities. For an average toon of significant size (> 1000) these approximate ratios can be used to help figure out the best alliance:

1% critical (e.g. Dolomar) can yield 550 monster damage per stamina
            1% monster damage (barbarus) can yield 488 damage per stamina
            +30 monster hunter (e.g. Sahar) can yield +10.8 damage per stamina
            +1 attack go a general or to equipment can yield +10.4 damage per stamina
            +1 defense on a general or to equipment can yield +3 damage per stamina
            +1 base or IA defense yields NO damage per stamina
            Although I have no idea how that was calculated.

I believe everything is "codependent" and I'm not sure what were the base stats used to make these calculations.

malekus is by far the best both for monsters and combat for me(he is the one used in example). will love to 8* him.lol
            Yeah that would be the dream for sure
            Last edited by gogoo; 04-28-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

10 stamina hit does 1,1 mill. know switch to my normal gear in hunter load out and use a 3* L75 aggressiv general(i sadly do not have any 8* L80 aggresiv general) to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,5 mill.)
              Which monster? is 1.1m normal damage or critical damage?

Comment

"+30 monster hunter (e.g. Sahar) can yield +10.8 damage per stamina"

So does this mean that I'm best off moving away from Sahar at higher levels and spending crystals on generals that give % benefits or higher base stats? I currently use Dolomar, Barb and Sahar, but this info puts me off throwing more crystals at Sahar.

Sorry for going on a slight tangent, but not worth making a separate thread for this question

Comment

quick test to show what i mean: have all elite hunter gear on using a 8* L80 balance general to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,1 mill. know switch to my normal gear in hunter load out and use a 3* L75 aggressiv general(i sadly do not have any 8* L80 aggresiv general) to lead alliance. 10 stamina hit does 1,5 mill.
                  I had not seen your edit before today.

You example makes it look like Aggressive generals are extremely superior to Balanced generals.
                  But in your example you're using Malekus which is what actually makes the biggest difference.
                  Because a 3* Malekus has better stats than any other 5* Aggressive generals

Aggressive generals are indeed a lot better than Balanced generals for Monster Hunting, but still, at the same level (not 5 levels below) you need at least a 5* version (not 3*) for an Aggressive general to be better than a 8* Balanced general. Maybe you even need a 6*, not 5*.

I would be interested to see what difference your equipment only makes. If you attack both times with the same alliance (the Malekus alliance, since that's what you usually attack with), one time with the hunter gear, and one time with your "normal" gear (best stats I assume).
                  And also how much difference in stats there is between the 2 equipment loadouts (if you have the 2 equipment sets in 2 loadouts, you'll be able to check that easily )

Originally posted by Gaffers View Post
                  "+30 monster hunter (e.g. Sahar) can yield +10.8 damage per stamina"

So does this mean that I'm best off moving away from Sahar at higher levels and spending crystals on generals that give % benefits or higher base stats? I currently use Dolomar, Barb and Sahar, but this info puts me off throwing more crystals at Sahar.

Sorry for going on a slight tangent, but not worth making a separate thread for this question
                  The first 2 sections of this page will give you all the answers you need: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals

The short answer is: Sahar's ability becomes almost useless if your own attack stat is high enough already without her boost.
                  Last edited by gogoo; 04-29-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post

The first 2 sections of this page will give you all the answers you need: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals

The short answer is: Sahar's ability becomes almost useless if your own attack stat is high enough already without her boost.
                    Playing for years and I had no idea. I've just gone through denial, anger, depression and now I'm at acceptance. Better start trying to roll a better general now that the third spot is up for grabs. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffers View Post
                      Playing for years and I had no idea. I've just gone through denial, anger, depression and now I'm at acceptance. Better start trying to roll a better general now that the third spot is up for grabs. Thanks for the info.
                      If by "trying to roll" you mean buying chests waiting for Malekus, Kang or alike, I would suggest not doing it. The perfect alliance will be Barbarus-Dolomar-Monkey for most of the players. Barbarus is a monthly general and so is Dolomar (only 1% less crit chance than Kang from chest) and Monkey King is a matter of work and luck in Meteorite and Arena.
                      Until you get a Monkey King, rolling a chest to cover 3rd spot seems not worthy to me if you already have another high leveled aggressive general.

Comment

Fair point. I'll have to start hoarding stamina pots for meteorite

Comment

Malekus doesn't belong in the third slot.
                          Come say hello FB link
                          Web 3 Keep link

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence
                          #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
                          #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Comment

The Elf gear from the last event has made things even easier as now we have 2 extra equipment types with inherent crit with a slot: Boots and Amulet. Plus the Elf gear itself is ~1% more crit than the previous best crit equipment (Elite Dragonslayer gear), for an extra 3% total if you use the Off-hand, Boots and Amulet.

I'm now at 82.303% crit chance (including 10% base chance) with 9 crit Chaos Gems (8 epics and 1 legendary).
                            That's with a 6* Dolomar providing 26.74% crit chance (no Layla).

So I'm getting:
                            • 26.74% from a general
                            • 27.363% from Chaos Gems
                            • 17.2% from the gear itself
                            • 1% from Barbarus' helmet
                            I won't be able to reach much higher than this without Layla.
                            Dolomar could go as high as +30.64% at 8* (an extra 3.9%) but I won't promote him past 6*.
                            I'm most likely done refining my gems as they're all around +3% (high purple values), but I could get one last with +crit for an extra 3% (It wouldn't be much better, or maybe even worse, than using my +Aggressive General Boost (AGB) gem however, but I like crit 😛). More legendary gems wouldn't really be useful, now they're only good for Magic, Warbanners and Medals but there's only one legendary Warbanner (using it for PvP) and no legendary Medal atm.

So I could reach around +85% crit and that would be it for now.

I could probably reach +90% if I were willing to promote Dolomar further.

All of this to say, we're getting close to being able to reach +100% crit chance even without Layla, now.

As a side note, sadly I haven't got any Chaos Gem with both +crit and +AGB for now. Depending on you general alliance stats, +AGB can be better than +crit. But ofc they complement each other.
                            Last edited by gogoo; 09-29-2021, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X