Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Which Oracle general gets 6th star next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

annika , vanathan not on the poll , talk about a rigged game

Comment

I am pretty sure GB just takes our poll info to the devs and and they run with it
      Last edited by ₳ӿëŀ; 11-02-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dokkōdō View Post
        No, it is not b/c the forum is not a good representation of your "most of us", nor it is the majority of the CA population. This forum is at best a very small subset of the overall CA community. That is why I said to be careful in what is posted here not to be construe as the representation for the community. The few, like yourself, who still frequent this forum can misuse the poll and made the devs, as well as some others, to think the poll speak for everyone.
        GB has had polls on CA facebook page too. That's where Vivian, Odin, and Elin at least emerged.
        Also, I noted forum poll system is limited to ten choices max. In reality, those stem from the first polls with new ones mainly just removing what got 6th star promo last time and adding something to fill to up to 10 choices.

You're free to also run poll on CA FB page to reach that audience. And CA Discord to reach that audience too. None of the three audiences really represents all players.

I'm happy forum polls and CA FB page polls have been taken into account by devs. And truly, I trust myself (or Axel or VoV) far better to select reasonable choices than I'd trust GB or the devs. Because we actually have knowledge and understanding of the game over several years, while GB and current devs are just getting their feet wet over their first year.

So: you may want to take up setliffy methods of spamming CA FB page with your choices, liked and commented by your minis and followers (should you have some). Or maybe pick up and create next poll after next 6* promo. But if you do that on the forum and remove previous choices, you need to present excellent reasons for that, ie. why some previous choices are not fitting for the poll while whatever you replace them with are.
        Last edited by Elandal; 11-02-2017, 12:40 PM.
        WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Comment

There is never going to be a way to reach the -entire- community unless the devs start doing polls in game.
          Of course the problem there is that -they- would then be picking the options and not us.
          They -could- start with taking a write in vote on which generals should be on the polls.
          Not sure if I see that happening ever.

That said, there is a compromise solution.
          Like Elandal says, eliminating already chosen generals is a must but I think perhaps we can also better use the "other" option.
          I think that at the end of each poll we should also consider the "other" votes if that wasn't already done.
          In a new poll we should then include the most voted runner ups in the thread rather than just the poll.
          So if people posted for an "other" general more than any of those in the poll options then that general would get to be in the next general.
          Eventually the poll would only consist of generals that were voted on by people rather than picked because someone deemed them worth it.

If people are concerned about the segment of players that these poll are reaching then I'm sure that something can be arranged to have a duplicate poll in other locations.
          Just take it up with GB and see what can be arranged.
          Personally I can see it possible to hold these polls also on FB and Discord.
          However... be aware that even if you go the route of "liking" then you only have 6 options max on FB, meaning either have two polls or lower the options for the polls here on the forum.
          On Discord I do believe it's possible for people to add options although that may be possible to lock.
          Of course on Discord they are also simply emoji like on FB so no telling what they represent if people add them and the explanation goes off screen.

I don't see any other platforms as feasible since Gaea doesn't have an official presence there.
          "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

Joan. We've had resistance hero 6*, monster hunter 6*, meekah 6*... Now how about a support general??

Comment

Originally posted by Castle aged View Post
              Joan. We've had resistance hero 6*, monster hunter 6*, meekah 6*... Now how about a support general??
              Joan will be the ultimate guardian mini bait. And warriors can wait until other classes have had their generals too.

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Comment

Sorkan, I have him at level 74 already, the stars would help
                Last edited by Will Cochrane; 11-07-2017, 12:05 AM.
                We are the American Patriots. We stand up to terrorist, domestic or foreign And we back the men and women of law enforcement.

Comment

I -think- that I have pieced together how the devs decide on the next general to 6 star.

Earlier today a new poll went up on Facebook featuring four generals.
                  If you look closely you will notice that they are the four leading generals of this very poll.
                  In fact... if you look back further you will find the Facebook poll that led up to the Barbie promo although I saw none for Meekah.
                  I suppose it's possible that they didn't make a FB poll since she scored high on the Barbie poll and the previous forum poll
                  However, the Barbarus promo also contained the three clear leading generals and Attilius substituting for the "other" option.
                  (I didn't check to see if people voted for him the most in the poll thread)

What appears to be happening is that the devs (unless GB decides it) let the polls here run for a while and then choose the four leading generals for a poll on Facebook.
                  I'm not sure whether Facebook is then the "final" vote or whether it's just used as a confirming vote but at the very least it appears to be a round of narrowing down the options.

Considering that we got a new poll I'm pretty sure that the remaining options listed in -this- poll will no longer be considered this round.
                  Meaning... the winner will (very likely) be one of the following:

Dolomar
                  Dawn
                  Daphne
                  Aethyx
                  Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 11-08-2017, 07:17 PM.
                  "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Comment

Annika..The piercing general most peeps have leveled up..Since Kath which is a resist gen was the first , Annika should be next

Comment

I like this idea ^^
                      Keep https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...00000623043657

VoV https://web3.castleagegame.com/castle_ws/guildv2_home.php?guild_id=100000501322828_12828796 70

Comment

Looking forward to buying my last 6* Oracle general, which is Dolomar.

Comment

Originally posted by ☠Ⓐℓţ☠ View Post
                          Annika..The piercing general most peeps have leveled up..Since Kath which is a resist gen was the first , Annika should be next
                          I doubt Annika will gain a significant pierce bonus from a 6th star, plus she's balanced (unfortunately), despite the fact she's been used for attacking.
                          Had she been aggro general, we would be having different conversation.
                          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

Devs: if you have a way to pull from the player database what generals other than those to which 6 stars have already been offered , are 5 stars , thinking that should be the next to get the 6* offered . Might be one not on the poll list ( maalvus for example has been denied a spot on the ballot again )
                            Last edited by Fierce Rabbit; 11-18-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fierce Rabbit View Post
                              Devs: if you have a way to pull from the player database what generals other than those to which 6 stars have already been offered , are 5 stars , thinking that should be the next to get the 6* offered . Might be one not on the poll list ( maalvus for example has been denied a spot on the ballot again )
                              Maalvus wasn't "denied" a spot on the ballot.

In the previous polls people seemingly agreed that, compared to Dolomar and Barbarus, Maalvus was an inferior choice which led to him being excluded.

Of course since there is always the "other" option to write in a general that you would like to see you can still write in Maalvus.

Although as I stated above, maybe that is too late for this specific poll.

Comment

Poll on CA Facebook page has exactly same result as this forum poll:
                                1. Dolomar
                                2. Dawn
                                3. Daphne
                                4. Aethyx

Seems forumites and facebookers aren't all that different when it comes to generals they like

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Comment

Working...
                                X