• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadow Reaper
    Castle Age Duke/Duchess
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by CastleAgeBrock View Post
    I didn't think there was a new promo released. If they did, I don't see it either.
    They advertised it so I'm going to assume that they weren't after a false advertisement claim. :P
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

• Tripping
      Banned
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Dokkōdō View Post
      Before the update, I could not see the monthly Promo pack to purchase. After the update, I still can NOT see the promo pack. I know there are some who post in the technical issues help thread regarding this issue. For those who did not see promo pack for this month, does it show up for you now? Thanks
      Still not seeing the new promo, please new Devs do something about it. Thanks

Comment

• thomasj8
        Castle Age Count/Countess
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by CastleAgeBrock View Post
        I didn't think there was a new promo released. If they did, I don't see it either.
        It was posted on their FB page on 12/23. Some have responded about the problem and the devs response is that the promo only lasted a week, not realizing that: 1) We are still within one week of the release; and 2) Many players were never able to see our purchase it.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
        Chimوra

Comment

• Shadow Reaper
          Castle Age Duke/Duchess
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post
          It was posted on their FB page on 12/23. Some have responded about the problem and the devs response is that the promo only lasted a week, not realizing that: 1) We are still within one week of the release; and 2) Many players were never able to see our purchase it.

https://www.facebook.com/castleage/p...228252/?type=3
          Wait... whut?

I have three glaringly obvious issues with that response.

The obvious fact that most of us could in fact not see, let alone purchase, said promo. The second being the already mentioned "it hasn't been a week yet!". Finally the fact that not -anywhere- did they specify that this promo would only be up for a week which goes against everything we have seen from previous promos.

Now, I have nothing against 1 week promos but then they need to made -properly- available and it should be advertised as lasting only a week.

To be honest... I'm a little ticked off now that I may have potentially missed out on a promo. I was looking forward to buying it, hoping the devs would fix the issue and instead I find that "too bad... promo gone" is their reply.

Not acceptable guys! Kind of undid your good first impression with that one! SMH
          "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Comment

• Tripping
            Banned
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Lord Reaper View Post
            Wait... whut?

I have three glaringly obvious issues with that response.

The obvious fact that most of us could in fact not see, let alone purchase, said promo. The second being the already mentioned "it hasn't been a week yet!". Finally the fact that not -anywhere- did they specify that this promo would only be up for a week which goes against everything we have seen from previous promos.

Now, I have nothing against 1 week promos but then they need to made -properly- available and it should be advertised as lasting only a week.

To be honest... I'm a little ticked off now that I may have potentially missed out on a promo. I was looking forward to buying it, hoping the devs would fix the issue and instead I find that "too bad... promo gone" is their reply.

Not acceptable guys! Kind of undid your good first impression with that one! SMH
            C'mon new devs REALLY? -_-

Comment

• thomasj8
              • Nov 2009

Again, not sure the new devs understand the problem or how promos work. I sent a PM today to superd letting him know that there are people wanting to spend money but not doing so because they cannot see the promo.
              Chimوra

Comment

• Shadow Reaper
                Castle Age Duke/Duchess
                • Apr 2010

Again, not sure the new devs understand the problem or how promos work. I sent a PM today to superd letting him know that there are people wanting to spend money but not doing so because they cannot see the promo.
                It's quite possible.

I was starting to get the impression that perhaps they had been looking in from behind the scenes for a while. Now I'm starting to doubt that.

Even so though... the whole week thing I would have expected to be mentioned even if they didn't know how things worked. I mean... seem kind of an important detail to mention for limited time events.

Comment

• thomasj8
                  • Nov 2009

It's quite possible.

I was starting to get the impression that perhaps they had been looking in from behind the scenes for a while. Now I'm starting to doubt that.

Even so though... the whole week thing I would have expected to be mentioned even if they didn't know how things worked. I mean... seem kind of an important detail to mention for limited time events.
                  These were always called limited time events. The new devs likely have no idea that the old devs did all sorts of stuff that they never followed up on.
                  Chimوra

Comment

• Shadow Reaper
                    Castle Age Duke/Duchess
                    • Apr 2010

These were always called limited time events. The new devs likely have no idea that the old devs did all sorts of stuff that they never followed up on.
                    True.

To be fair towards the old devs though... with the newer promos the old ones did get overwritten as far as I know so from that point of view they were actually limited time events.

Will have to admit that perhaps "limited -time-" was a bit confusing in that. lol

Can we also see this as a good thing? Devs that actually know the meaning of things as opposed to devs that just do whatever they think the meaning of something is? :P

Comment

• Doge
                      Castle Age Knight
                      • Dec 2013

Not happy for missing a promo that did not even show for me.

Comment

• thomasj8
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Revolver Blast View Post
                        Not happy for missing a promo that did not even show for me.
                        Go to the FB page and tell them your thoughts. I have just seen a few more just jump on that thread on their wall. Get their attention via social media.
                        Last edited by thomasj8; 12-28-2016, 09:41 PM.
                        Chimوra

Comment

• magpac
                          Castle Age Scribe
                          • Jan 2010

Personally, I think a Free Roll, that gives 95% of the player base *absolutely* nothing of value, isn't actually any form of compensation.
                          Last edited by magpac; 12-28-2016, 10:08 PM.
                          L142X, 2k+ E&S

Comment

• Tripping
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by magpac View Post
                            Personally, I think a Free Roll, that gives 95% of the player base *absolutely* nothing of value, isn't actually any form of compensation.
                            Thumb up for this guy, what I've been telling since we knew we'd have received a free chest roll as "compensation".

Comment

• thomasj8
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by magpac View Post
                              I rolled common items worth 3 SPs in IAs because I targeted the chest for IAs. Totally works for me. Keep in mind you are not entitled to any compensation.
                              Last edited by thomasj8; 12-28-2016, 10:14 PM.
                              Chimوra

Comment

• magpac
                                Castle Age Scribe
                                • Jan 2010

I rolled common items worth 3 SPs in IAs because I targeted the chest for IAs. Totally works for me. Keep in mind you are not entitled to any compensation.
                                Balance that against: We ARE going to give you some compensation.

But in reality: Most of you actually aren't going to get ANYTHING.
                                L142X, 2k+ E&S

Comment

Working...
                                X