Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Cripple on poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cripple limited to 50 percent to enrage or divine favor's 1000 percent? A mage easily do more damage than a rogue each token. intimidate is luck. usually fails more than being successful. few rogues will do an intimidate once it's high. it's less points for them.

Comment

smoke bomb.... almost a skill that can't be gotten by playing a rogue as your main class. getting 50K defensive points... defending as a rogue in LoM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess16888 View Post
        you call it a glitch? it's been there for almost 2 years time. been pointed out so many times. you just want rogues to get nerfed.
        Did I say I had my aethyx to over lvl 60? I've been a rogue for years, why would I want to nerf my main class?

cripple limited to 50 percent to enrage or divine favor's 1000 percent? A mage easily do more damage than a rogue each token. intimidate is luck. usually fails more than being successful. few rogues will do an intimidate once it's high. it's less points for them.
        Mages cannot possibly do more damage than a rogue give identical situations due to their lack of the rogue's damage boost. Identical damage runes and identical targets and identical general the rogue hits harder 100% of the time, mages don't have a damage boost skill for direct hitting, and their splash cannot get anywhere close as high as the rogue's passive damage boost.
        Rank 24, always looking for actives who want to have a good time killing everything

Comment

the newer players around level 100-200 rely on how cripple used to work to be able to get any decent guild coins in battle. if any guilds have low level guys, the cripple helps them catch up. I doubt the newer players will go on suicide runs in battle. i hope u guys don't rely on the established players spending lots of money. the new guys don't make any progress. they don't play. the incumbent (old timers) just have too much of a headstart. it hurts the game because you don't have more actual people playing.

Comment

the newer players around level 100-200 rely on how cripple used to work to be able to get any decent guild coins in battle. if any guilds have low level guys, the cripple helps them catch up. I doubt the newer players will go on suicide runs in battle. i hope u guys don't rely on the established players spending lots of money. the new guys don't make any progress. they don't play. the incumbent (old timers) just have too much of a headstart. it hurts the game because you don't have more actual people playing.
            Ah, the classic "my strategy is now shattered because they fixed a bug, now the whole game is going to die because everybody will stop playing" argument, so cliché.
            Rank 24, always looking for actives who want to have a good time killing everything

Comment

mage splash is 47 for mages with about damage rune 240. 47x25 guys + 440 damage= total damage on tower (1600 plus) is more than a rogue with damage rune of 240 does even after poisoning. (600-750 damage)

Comment

You are victorious in battle, taking 50 total damage and dealing 513 total damage to your enemy.
                Rune damage: +220 damage from equipped rune items!
                You Physically Pierced your opponent!
                Your Fire Pierce has set your opponent ablaze!
                Your Wind Pierce blew your opponents away!
                ______s rune tower bonus deals an extra 9 damage
                Gold's rune tower bonus deals an extra 1 damage
                _____ inflicts +44 Damage to all Enemies in same tower upon victory
                +200 Battle Activity Points

Comment

that's more than 1600 plus damage. rogue with 220 damage can't even do that much total damage counting the splash damage .

Comment

Ah, I see: you're not talking direct attacking damage but splash damage.

Rogues have their place in a guild, not as damage dealers but as support classes. Fixing one bug does not change rogue's overall effectiveness as a valid class, unless they are small alt rogues only in place to feed off the a couple big mages and their poly power.
                    Last edited by KingMC18; 02-02-2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Bunch of whining, good lord. I notice when using cripple it actually says in the description on FB that your opponent is freed from polymorph.

Comment

In terms of making the power useful I would prefer it did no damage but didn't remove poly. Crippling once the poly was laid was a handy way of saving mage tokens as I could often bring a players defence down low enough for others to attack. It is what it is and as has been mentioned we have many more useful powers. Cripple was one of the least useful (most situational, wound doesn't even deserve consideration as a power). I can still use it to annoy mages by leaving them with half attack before stunning them but that's more messing with people than real strategy.

Since we're fixing powers though maybe we could look at defensive actions wearing away the smoke bomb counter. and to be fair to other classes Intimidates poorly designed damage formula and mirror image with it's many bugs.

DEAD TO ALL

Comment

smoke bomb.... almost a skill that can't be gotten by playing a rogue as your main class. getting 50K defensive points... defending as a rogue in LoM.
                          You don't have to defend as a Rogue to get those 50k points. You can get those points as a Warrior or Cleric too if that's easier for you. It's a slow slog if you have crappy stats (i.e. me) but it can easily be done. I'm up to 164k Guardian pts, mostly on Golds, and I have a very hard time finding targets in my guild to get points off of. But its very doable.

Originally posted by Star Dust View Post
                          Bunch of whining, good lord. I notice when using cripple it actually says in the description on FB that your opponent is freed from polymorph.
                          It always did say that, even though it didn't remove it. Now it does.

Originally posted by Jack Vellum View Post
                          In terms of making the power useful I would prefer it did no damage but didn't remove poly. Crippling once the poly was laid was a handy way of saving mage tokens as I could often bring a players defence down low enough for others to attack. It is what it is and as has been mentioned we have many more useful powers. Cripple was one of the least useful (most situational, wound doesn't even deserve consideration as a power). I can still use it to annoy mages by leaving them with half attack before stunning them but that's more messing with people than real strategy.

Since we're fixing powers though maybe we could look at defensive actions wearing away the smoke bomb counter. and to be fair to other classes Intimidates poorly designed damage formula and mirror image with it's many bugs.
                          Agreed on all counts. Other abilities need to be fixed for sure. And Cripple really was situational at best anyway, though as a rogue it does irk me that they fixed it. It always required some significant coordination to make it terribly useful, but we certainly used it well enough in some battles that I'll miss that trick. I guess now it'll just require a few more mage tokens to use as effectively as before....really thats not all that bad I guess.

Boot Me Gently
                          ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

Comment

and why cripple is limited to only 50 percent and only affects attack? I rather it doesn't do damage except that it can go up to 100 percent and make it affect both attack and defense base.

Comment

if you have an offensive build with mostly attack, especially when your main class is rogue, playing as a cleric or warrior for defensive spells won't get you much points because your defense is always lower than clerics and warriors at your level. you pretty much have to heal the footmen for points.

Comment

if you have an offensive build with mostly attack, especially when your main class is rogue, playing as a cleric or warrior for defensive spells won't get you much points because your defense is always lower than clerics and warriors at your level. you pretty much have to heal the footmen for points.
                                If you have a cannon build then yes, guardian points are hard to come by. But if you have a cannon build then you aren't very well suited to Guardian path and shouldn't really concern yourself with it much. If you want the goodies in Guardian path, then you'll have to make a conscious decision to change your build. Or else spend until you get Halcyon from the chest.

Boot Me Gently
                                ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

Comment

Working...
                                X