Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Cripple on poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO..... why cripple removes poly now! rogues are already underpowered. cripple is limited to 50 percent and now it removes poly. how low level rogues are able to have a chance against divine favored clerics and enraged clerics?????

Comment

Originally posted by Tess16888 View Post
      NO..... why cripple removes poly now!
      Are you sure? Can you post a screenshot showing that has happened?
      Just another Castle Age player
      army code: D422AE

Comment

Yes, this is a fix we made cripple should remove poly, as it does damage

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin View Post
          Yes, this is a fix we made cripple should remove poly, as it does damage
          Thanks for the official word on this!
          Just another Castle Age player
          army code: D422AE

Comment

yes... lots of people already based their strategy on how cripple worked before. Right now Rogues are so underpowered to other classes. it used to be a class for attacking but now it's 3rd rate support behind clerics and mages. I hope there will be some buff for rogues. make poison stronger, poison not only causes more damage when hit, lower the defense of the defender. make rogues pass through enrage and divine favor spells.

Comment

the strategy I see the most now is the sewer or assault tower would have mostly mages. the initial tokens all spent on enrage favor or you have church tower all clerics do divine favor. intimidate percentage is too low to remove the spells reliably. the keep would have some clerics removing confuse or other debuffs. so basically the rich gets richer. no skill play can win against it

Comment

if it's a bug, it shouldn't take almost 2 years to fix it. it supposed to be a feature.

Comment

Rogues have the most skills deemed useful of the classes: Evade, Poison, Assassination, Cripple, Smoke Bomb, and Intimidate are all skills I've used as a cleric (Lacerate/Wound I've used as well but it's ability is limited) The fact that you were abused a bug in the code which is now fixed makes the fix even sweeter to me as a rogue. I have Aethyx at a level where my poisons do over 2k damage when hit by anyone with a damage rune over +200, my Assassinate gives a nice boost when I need to finish off that high-level gate anchor up top or on the bottom, Intimidate is very useful when you have a cleric who has built up DF all battle in the keep and you finally get there and want to zero the whole guild, and Cripple can make high-level targets more available to other small teammates without needing a poly for every hit.

Honestly Cripple is one of the weaker rogue skills, one that I didn't use very often, and is one of the easiest to get rid of in battle (cleanse will remove it no matter how many cripples you've done on the target), which makes it even worse than poison because it's not a 1-to-1 token ratio for placing and removing.

Being honest here, Rogues are a very useful class but cripple is a very limited skill, and this bug fix is a very good fix because the exploiting of said bug seriously harmed those it was used against. Poly by nature is a 1-use skill, so abusing it using Cripple goes against its design and needed to be fixed. Now that all is fixed, balance has been restored in a small part of the game.

Real rogues are not harmed by this fix, only abusers who deserve no sympathy.
                  Rank 24, always looking for actives who want to have a good time killing everything

Comment

cripplie is limited to 50 percent. while divine favor and enrage can go up to 1000%. try intimidate and you see the chance of success is pretty low. 2 tokens to try to remove 1 spell?

Comment

I haven't seen any poison from mid 500 to level 1K doing more than 190 damage. The Aethyx is level 60.

Comment

most rogues I see only do about 500-600 damage when their damage essence is about 200. I don't see how 1K plus damage you talk about.

Comment

cripplie is limited to 50 percent. while divine favor and enrage can go up to 1000%. try intimidate and you see the chance of success is pretty low. 2 tokens to try to remove 1 spell?
                          2 tokens to remove a spell that took at least 2 tokens to place in the first place, sometimes 2 tokens can remove 40 tokens of spell in 1 shot. Who cares if it doesn't work every time, when it does work it's a bargain tokens-wise and ruins a clerics' day for sure.

I haven't seen any poison from mid 500 to level 1K doing more than 190 damage. The Aethyx is level 60.
                          My Aethyx is 64, the poison last 11 rounds and for a guy with a +440 like me I get 194 per hit, meaning anybody with a half-decent damage rune would get over 200 per poison and that means at least 2200 per each poison dropped. That's unicorn-level damage for 1 token, and with warriors being able to whirl on those poisons it increases the effectiveness 3x so that it could be as much as 6k extra damage from that 1 poison.

I know why you're complaining, you've been one of the people abusing this glitch, so please stop trying to convince folks that rogues rely on this glitch to be competitive, we all know it's not true and you just come across as a sore loser/abuser.
                          Rank 24, always looking for actives who want to have a good time killing everything

Comment

poison gets removed quickly.. the damage compared to warriors' confidence and ww damage is low. a warrior can do 3000 plus damage per ww with 1 token.

Comment

cripple gets removed quickly, but you seem dead set on it being the best skill in the game as long as it doesn't pop the poly that you needed to place it in the first place.

Comment

you call it a glitch? it's been there for almost 2 years time. been pointed out so many times. you just want rogues to get nerfed.

Comment

Working...
                                X