Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Need hep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need hep

Hi Everyone, I just need some help about battle

When people attack me I always lose most if time.
    Currently my Battle rank is Baron and I am lvl 199

This is my pure stat (7.1 BSI)
    level: 199
    attack 895
    defense 527

So why do i always lose in defense? I also have good equipment, which are:
    Weapon : Flamebound Halberd
    Off-Hand : Aegis of Skulls
    Helmet : Flamebound Helm
    Armor : Flamebound Armor
    Amulet : Moonfall Amulet
    Spell : Dragon Form
    Glove : Flamebound Gauntlets

Edit:
    So why do i away lose during the defense? is 7 bsi bad
    Also is getting demi blesssing without lvl up my character a way to go to increase bsi? (I been doing this for a month)
    Sometime I get attack who is lvl 235, is it just bad luck or being balance?
    Last edited by ZEUS; 10-13-2015, 01:00 PM.

Are you sure you're seeing attacks while you're opted in a guild land? At your level you'll obviously be hunted by higher levels.

If you're being defeated by normal battle though, keep in mind that at your level there are some 20.0 BSI players.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyvue View Post
      Are you sure you're seeing attacks while you're opted in a guild land? At your level you'll obviously be hunted by higher levels.

If you're being defeated by normal battle though, keep in mind that at your level there are some 20.0 BSI players.
      I am being defeated in normal battle, like all the time, sometime I win from all the attackers, but most time I lose.....
      I really need to make my bsi to 12 (that's my goal). And 20 bsi?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ZEUS View Post
        I am being defeated in normal battle, like all the time, sometime I win from all the attackers, but most time I lose.....
        I really need to make my bsi to 12 (that's my goal). And 20 bsi?!?!?
        Yeah. Players who have played for years just stayed at that level and prayed to the Demi-Powers forever and ever.

You also may be getting defeated by just normal 10.0 BSI Players. Keep in mind that usually those players don't go for a balanced build like you have. Most players with BSI 10 are usually all out offense or all out defense. So you may be getting defeated by level 200 Players with 2000+ Attack.

Comment

My advice at your current levels is bank your money, hide when you can and ignore your feed. With your current numbers, you are chum in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by clintw View Post
            My advice at your current levels is bank your money, hide when you can and ignore your feed. With your current numbers, you are chum in the water.
            Now I feel like baby, is 7 bsi that bad??

Comment

Its not like the good old days before IA and runes. Those days 7 bsi was pretty good with like 10 being really good! and now clintw said it best as for the 7 bsi, "you are chum in the water."

Comment

Hi Everyone, I just need some help about battle

When people attack me I always lose most if time.
                Currently my Battle rank is Baron and I am lvl 199

This is my pure stat (7.1 BSI)
                level: 199
                attack 895
                defense 527

So why do i always lose in defense? I also have good equipment, which are:
                Weapon : Flamebound Halberd
                Off-Hand : Aegis of Skulls
                Helmet : Flamebound Helm
                Armor : Flamebound Armor
                Amulet : Moonfall Amulet
                Spell : Dragon Form
                Glove : Flamebound Gauntlets

Edit:
                So why do i away lose during the defense? is 7 bsi bad
                Also is getting demi blesssing without lvl up my character a way to go to increase bsi? (I been doing this for a month)
                Sometime I get attack who is lvl 235, is it just bad luck or being balance?
                (insert Will Smith "Welcome to Earth" quote here)

This game has been around for 6 years now, lots of people have been playing the entire time. In short: "Most of this game can beat you." A raw BSI of 7 is a great launching point for a PvP oriented build. You are going to get beat a lot. Especial as you move up in the battle ranks. Once you hit level 80 the game opens you up to being able to be attacked by anyone (current max level is over 8500). Dont heal yourself until you want to use your stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCableGuy View Post
                  (insert Will Smith "Welcome to Earth" quote here)

This game has been around for 6 years now, lots of people have been playing the entire time. In short: "Most of this game can beat you." A raw BSI of 7 is a great launching point for a PvP oriented build. You are going to get beat a lot. Especial as you move up in the battle ranks. Once you hit level 80 the game opens you up to being able to be attacked by anyone (current max level is over 8500). Dont heal yourself until you want to use your stamina.
                  Than I guess there is only one way to win, if you can't beat them you join them!!!!! Gonna literally prey those demi god

Comment

Than I guess there is only one way to win, if you can't beat them you join them!!!!! Gonna literally prey those demi god
                    Depending on you energy/stamin ratio's, demi blessings (provided you have enough energy to quest) are your best source of Bsi improvement

Comment

Well, to be fair, in this point of the game, I don't think it's easily obtainable for you to try to go into heavy BSI building. If you just want better battle effectiveness, then going into an LSI build with heavy runes and IA is probably more effective.

Comment

Something to note about runes. Attack and Defense runes add to your stats, so they work in regular battle, guild battle, and monster hunting. Damage runes only work in guild battle, and will not add to your stats.

So at your level, I suggest you forge the attack rune on your weapon, defense rune on your armor, and farm as much attack and defense essence to trade as you can.
                        "Brainslam! When do I get to blow something up?" - Crypto 137

Comment

Yes, at level 199. Sorry. No delicate way to put it.

The Ronins test has often been used to gauge PvP-ness in the past:
                          http://ronins.gauntlet.net/req.php

The Ronins haven't been active in quite some time, and the test is out of date, so 100% is a reasonably good PvP build, but not a stellar one like it used to be. The graph is broken too, which is very unfortunate since it was an interesting graph. It basically said that, as your level gets higher, you qualify at a lower BSI.

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
                          Something to note about runes. Attack and Defense runes add to your stats, so they work in regular battle, guild battle, and monster hunting. Damage runes only work in guild battle, and will not add to your stats.

So at your level, I suggest you forge the attack rune on your weapon, defense rune on your armor, and farm as much attack and defense essence to trade as you can.
                          At level 199, quests are going to have a far better return than trying to level up runes. Energy leveling up runes is energy that isn't spent on questing. At such a low level, the returns are probably better using stamina to get IA and energy to get SP in quests (preferably demi quests if they haven't been already done).

Attack and defense essence is great for LSI builds, but it's too inefficient for attempts at BSI builds to go very far taking that path. (I say "attempts at BSI builds" because I'm not entirely sure that new BSI builds are viable anymore.)
                          Last edited by Falco; 10-13-2015, 06:32 PM.
                          Just another Castle Age player
                          army code: D422AE

Comment

There's always a bigger fish... unless you're Butch.

Raw BSI is a bad way to measure strength now. My raw BSI is a 6.6 but my BSI including runes and archives is 9.2 so it's really hard to look at just base stats nowadays.

When I first started I was putting a lot into Energy, some into Stam and too much into health for the way the game was working at the time. Over time, I turned a 2.6 BSI into a 7+ BSI... It's a respectable hybrid build but I wish I had put more into Stam sooner to have maximized my refill value, and could have done better with some loot drops along the way. With Item Archives being such a substantial part of the game, it made all those SPs I spent on A/D kind of moot... I could have spent some or all of them on E/S instead, leveled faster, and gotten more SPs out of archives on top of it.

I like archives and runes, but they really did completely warp the balance of the game away from straight A/D-heavy raw BSI builds.

Boot Me Gently
                            ! Chain Me Daily! Add Me Nicely! Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow the Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

Comment

Originally posted by Falco View Post
                              Yes, at level 199. Sorry. No delicate way to put it.

The Ronins test has often been used to gauge PvP-ness in the past:
                              http://ronins.gauntlet.net/req.php

The Ronins haven't been active in quite some time, and the test is out of date, so 100% is a reasonably good PvP build, but not a stellar one like it used to be. The graph is broken too, which is very unfortunate since it was an interesting graph. It basically said that, as your level gets higher, you qualify at a lower BSI.

At level 199, quests are going to have a far better return than trying to level up runes. Energy leveling up runes is energy that isn't spent on questing. At such a low level, the returns are probably better using stamina to get IA and energy to get SP in quests (preferably demi quests if they haven't been already done).

Attack and defense essence is great for LSI builds, but it's too inefficient for attempts at BSI builds to go very far taking that path. (I say "attempts at BSI builds" because I'm not entirely sure that new BSI builds are viable anymore.)
                              True, sorry. I was thinking more about the pvp gauntlet brackets than the energy needed. Speaking from personal experience, you don't want to hit level 300 if you're not ready, and the xp return on some of those quests (especially sub-quests) can level players a lot faster than farming defence essence and trading. Already at 199, he'd likely be leveling fast enough just by farming attack essence and IA from certain monsters, plus getting some of the lower guild shop essences and stat points. :/
                              Last edited by Chaos; 10-13-2015, 08:17 PM.
                              "Brainslam! When do I get to blow something up?" - Crypto 137

Comment

Working...
                              X