Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

VARGULIS, 50 or 20? Noob's question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VARGULIS, 50 or 20? Noob's question

Do you guys know if it is better hitting VARGULIS with 50 or 20 stamina? I think 50 but maybe there's a sort of war between monster hunters

50 or 20 makes no difference whatsoever. Make sure you hit and heal with enough stance though. Otherwise, you'll ruin the damage and crit bonuses for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by YellingCat View Post
      50 or 20 makes no difference whatsoever. Make sure you hit and heal with enough stance though. Otherwise, you'll ruin the damage and crit bonuses for everybody.
      LOL I'm non SO MUCH noob
      I think there's a significant different anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by _=*B52*=_ View Post
        LOL I'm non SO MUCH noob
        I think there's a significant different anyway.
        Your right. The significance in deference is 30 stamina, when going from 20s to a 50s hit. Which is more then double and when going from 50 to a 20 stamina hit its less then half. Of course you may get a math wis in here that may be able to explain the difference better then I could!

Comment

Originally posted by SotS View Post
          Your right. The significance in deference is 30 stamina, when going from 20s to a 50s hit. Which is more then double and when going from 50 to a 20 stamina hit its less then half. Of course you may get a math wis in here that may be able to explain the difference better then I could!
          The math is, in my opinion:

1)If you hit with 20 stamina button you'll have more chances to get a critical hit (because of more hits) but they will be lower than 50's one.
          2)When you strike critical hit with 50 stamina it will be like having x2,5 critical with a 20 stamina attack, so it's totally worth it attacking like that. It's enough 1-2 for regaining "lost" points of 20's attack.

Comment

I can't wait for BaTW to explain this one to you guys. I'm firing up the popcorn now.
            Come say hello FB link
            Web 3 Keep link

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence
            #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
            #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Comment

Originally posted by Da Wimsta View Post
              I can't wait for BaTW to explain this one to you guys. I'm firing up the popcorn now.
              LOL what part of math will he side in? 1 or 2? XDXD

Comment

1)If you hit with 20 stamina button you'll have more chances to get a critical hit (because of more hits) but they will be lower than 50's one.
                2)When you strike critical hit with 50 stamina it will be like having x2,5 critical with a 20 stamina attack, so it's totally worth it attacking like that. It's enough 1-2 for regaining "lost" points of 20's attack.
                To me it's the same argument as say 10 stamina vs 20 stamina hit, or 100 stamina vs 200 stamina.
                Rule of numbers apply, more crits with 20 stam, assume that equates to more damage over time.
                I need more army members. F342E2 is my code. (web 3)

Comment

Originally posted by pereira325 View Post
                  To me it's the same argument as say 10 stamina vs 20 stamina hit, or 100 stamina vs 200 stamina.
                  Rule of numbers apply, more crits with 20 stam, assume that equates to more damage over time.
                  Don't think so. You do more critical hits, yeah, but with 50 stamina you'll regain what you lose from 20 stamina attacks when you do a critical. 50 stamina button also does more damage in comparison to the Stamina/Damage ratio.

Comment

You should only ever use 200 stm buttons. Preferably with a multiplier general on. You're welcome.
                    Last edited by zserg; 05-18-2015, 08:27 PM.
                    Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                    New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by pereira325 View Post
                      It's not a higher average damage over time, I don't think - expected damage shouldn't change with more hits. It's a lower variance or something along those lines - more along the lines of summing two six-sided dice versus choosing a random number from 2-12. Instead of one large floor and two smaller high values (criticals), you get a more normal distribution.
                      Don't think so. You do more critical hits, yeah, but with 50 stamina you'll regain what you lose from 20 stamina attacks when you do a critical. 50 stamina button also does more damage in comparison to the Stamina/Damage ratio.
                      As I understand it, the bolded statement isn't true.

Comment

You should stop being such a selfish player and only hit with Balanced gens.
                        ~VoV~

Comment

You answered your own question. Other things being equal, it doesn't matter from an expected value basis of potential damage.

Suppose you have 100 stamina so you have two choices: (a) 5 hits at 20 stamina or (b) 2 hits at 50 stamina. As you stated, the 20 stamina hits gives you 2.5x more chances at critical hits but each critical hit is small. At 50 stamina hits, your critical hits are 2.5x greater but you have fewer chances at critical hits.

The actual results may be different, but we base our decision off the expectations and both choices will give the same expected damages.

Here is the math based on the following assumptions -- you have a 10% of critical hit and each critical hit does 2.5x damage. [A]

In choice (a) with 5 hits at 20 stamina, you have (0.9)*(20) + (0.1)*(20)*(2.5) which equals 18 + 5 or 23 "stamina" worth of damage per hit. You have 5 hits which results in 115 "stamina" worth of damage on an expected basis.

With choice (b) with 2 hits at 50 stamina, you have (0.9)*(50) + (0.1)*(50)*(2.5) or 45 + 12.5 or 57.5 "stamina" worth of damage per hit. You have 2 hits so you also have the same 115 "stamina" worth of damage on an expected basis.

Cheers

[A] CA does not come with a manual so the math is my best guess based on how I understand the game works.

Comment

BaTW no matter what snark I throw your direction, I want you to know I appreciate your enthusiasm; you never let me down.

I would think the question of what attacks to make would be best framed as a matter of your damage target.

I actually agree with your math, which shouldn't be surprising to anyone, but thats another point altogether....
                            Come say hello FB link
                            Web 3 Keep link

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence
                            #1 it's not nice to be mean to ppl
                            #2 nobody cares about da wilbsta

Comment

Personally I only use the 20 stam, but I am only going to 15 mil damage. However, Barbarus is at the head of my MH alliance, so it's actually 60 stam. When I hit 11 mil damage Kaiser goes to the front for 20 stam hits till I get my damage. 5/5 on 1 rare per Vulgarisch. Eezy peezy till I get a full set of rares. THen, who knows...

Comment

Working...
                              X