Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Live 100v100 ETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live 100v100 ETA

To give a little update, we're aiming to release 100v100 next Monday. This could possibly be pushed to Wednesday depending how the List view goes. The list view update is the main priority currently and we don't want to release 100v100 without it.

You can also expect to see the Donation Store Rewards very soon as well.

Thanks.

Edit: 100v100 should now be officially live. We've added the requested list view option as requested:

We're also working on adding other scrolling options where the gates lock for scrolling or you can simply scroll through everything.

Mod edit for additional information:
    Originally posted by Padaxan View Post
    Next 100v100 will factor everyone's currently leveled towers.
    Originally posted by Falco View Post
    Oops. An empty gate counts as defeated. So, if you're a small guild and you play with an empty gate, a level 1 keep doesn't offer any protection at all.
    Originally posted by Falco View Post
    Structures were reset to 0 when 100v100 went live. (During beta, we were all simply given all the structures at level 10, and those level 10 structures were still in effect during the 2pm battle.) Now, you have to use lumber and iron to build them before you can use them.
    Pending:
    Originally posted by Flarin View Post
    Donation page isn't live yet, but everything is being saved.
    Last edited by Mursilis; 02-26-2015, 08:02 PM.

Hmm... not sure whether to be excited or concerned about this. It really depends on whether another certain issue gets a fix around the same time to be honest.

(I'm sure that you are well aware of which issue I'm aiming at without me spelling it out again. )
    Last edited by Shadow Reaper; 02-17-2015, 11:25 PM.
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

I think skipped battles need to be fixed before 100v100 is ready to go live. Under production conditions, skipped battles would cause guilds to have an unfair disadvantage, and that would result in a lot of very stressed out and unhappy players, officers, and guild masters. There are at least two different bugs that are causing battles to skip, and I think they both need to be tracked down and fixed before 100v100 goes production.

a) web3 and Facebook UI for Edit Times.

The UI lets officers set three battles, but the third battle doesn't save properly. If you 1) Edit Times and set three battles, then 2) click 10v10 (or otherwise navigate away from the 100v100 page), and then 3) click back to 100v100, and finally 4) click Edit Times again, you'll find that only 2 battles are active. This can cause officers on web3 and Facebook to think they're setting the third battle properly when they're actually erasing any third battles set via the iOS app.

b) The "Battle X of 3" counter incrementing when it shouldn't.

Also, battle archiving doesn't seem to be working properly. For some battles (like battle_id=60_1423130400 and battle_id=24_1423216800, the defenders on both sides either vanish or don't get saved. However, the defenders are there in battle_id=30_1423173600, for example, so it seems like a bug when the defenders don't get saved. It might not be relevant to game play, but I wonder if the failure to save defenders may be related to the battle counter doing strange things. For example, it might be another symptom of whatever bug is causing the battle counter to go up when it shouldn't. (Maybe the archive process and the battle counter and the leaderboard "trip" while they're trying to run, resulting in unexpected uninitialized variables which then cause later code to not work properly.)
      Last edited by Falco; 02-17-2015, 11:59 PM. Reason: Fixed minor typos.
      Just another Castle Age player
      army code: D422AE

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Reaper View Post
        Hmm... not sure whether to be excited or concerned about this. It really depends on whether another certain issue gets a fix around the same time to be honest.
        Precisely, and those certain issues are not just involved with game play but are detrimental to game play
        Please hold, your call is important to us

https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...ser=1077439080

Comment

Those issues will be fixed here soonish- testable for the rest of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Padaxan View Post
            Those issues will be fixed here soonish- testable for the rest of the week.
            That's great news! Thank you!

Comment

Are the preselected times going to be expanded? we are hemorraging members because those times do not work for most of the guild
              http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/keep.php?casuser=1174714140

Comment

How many time is battle time to collect on 100 vs 100?
                Christof landed a CRITICAL HIT on Cronus Astaroth's Earth Head hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[55,417,661]! Critical damage is increased by 6% due to hero power!

The group coordinates a well executed attack plan allowing the party to deal massive damage. You recived $80,000,000 and 1488 experience.

Comment

... So... is 100v100 going to have any auto-collect? Lack of it reduces the number of players willing to participate, since they would spend stamina and not see a reward if they did dump tokens before bed, work, over lunch, etc.
                  Math Ninja ~VoV~ C A G T
                  Just. Keep. Clicking...

Comment

will the donation store rewards move with you if you change guilds?

Comment

I too would like to see a return of auto-collect. Activity seems to be at a low point as people don't like wasting stamina if it can be helped. Can't even calculate how much GC I've wasted not being able to collect during a window.
                      A cheeseburger is better than nothing.
                      Nothing is better than Eternal Happiness.
                      Therefore, eating a cheeseburger is better than eternal happiness

Army Code: FFF8AA

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss087 View Post
                        I too would like to see a return of auto-collect. Activity seems to be at a low point as people don't like wasting stamina if it can be helped. Can't even calculate how much GC I've wasted not being able to collect during a window.
                        +1 10chars

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss087 View Post
                          The blue balls are worse than ever. (At least I've tripped a lot less since I started getting blue balls.) How can activity be low if we're getting so many trips and/or blue balls?

I believe they said that auto-collect was turned off because the system couldn't handle the load. So, it sounds to me like like people not wasting stamina if they can't collect is actually a good thing in that might help balance the load a bit. If they can't pay enough attention to battle to come back and collect afterwards, why should they waste their time as well as server resources? It can't be much fun to just drop 10 tokens and let auto-collect give them coins after battle is over. The end game is the best part! If they can't be there for the end game, they're not getting the full experience and enjoyment of battling and teamwork and interaction with a live opponent, so why not let people who can make to the end game enjoy it with fewer trips and blue balls?
                          Last edited by Falco; 02-18-2015, 05:27 AM.

Comment

"If they can't pay enough attention"

One battle starts at midnight my time. I can't stay up until 2 am to collect. It's not about being distraught, just sleepy.
                            Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                            New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

It's not about "Not paying attention". I travel on a regular basis, I work, I cook dinner, there are times where I just want to sit on my ass and enjoy a movie without being a slave to the battle timer. It's about convenience, not lack of attention.
                              A cheeseburger is better than nothing.
                              Nothing is better than Eternal Happiness.
                              Therefore, eating a cheeseburger is better than eternal happiness

Army Code: FFF8AA

Comment

Working...
                              X