Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Official Arena VIII Discussion Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Siy View Post
    [ATTACH]4209[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4210[/ATTACH]Twice in the last 7-8 hours I was hit by the same person in both Arena and Conquest Duel.
    What are the chances I would end up on both those lists? By different people at different times.
    100% with the magic of direct linking
    CA Maths, a must read for beginners, a bit outdated though

Looking for a slow kill group?, not sure what to do once you're there?

Comment

• This defensive win thing is easy to fix. I just found out a rank 1 hitting a rank 8 gives 70 points! A rank 1 should give 0 points to a rank 7 in the arena. You should have to be within 4 ranks or something to get points.
      Last edited by RiverRock; 12-24-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiverRock View Post
        This defensive win thing is easy to fix. I just found out a rank 1 hitting a rank 8 gives 70 points! A rank 1 should give 0 points to a rank 7 in the arena. You should have to be within 4 ranks or something to get points.
        Because this would be ever so difficult to accomplish. They would just create more alts for the alts. Fist full of fail.
        кєєρ α∂∂ яємσνє

Comment

• ..but they would have to rank up those alts. Then those alts would lose rank fast once they started bouncing off the main. It would make it a lot more work. Please explain the fist full of fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiverRock View Post
            ..but they would have to rank up those alts. Then those alts would lose rank fast once they started bouncing off the main. It would make it a lot more work. Please explain the fist full of fail.
            Rank 4 is Gladiator. Bots will obviously be at least Gladiators, as that requires less than 3k points per day. If they use 3 tokens to win (and assume only 85 points for win) and 9 to lose (at 10 points each) every hour, they still end up +165 per hour, plenty to maintain Gladiator rank.

Other ways to limit defensive win abuse:
            • Limit characters' ability to hit someone they lose every time, eg. can't hit for an hour after three consecutive losses
            • Lower points after each loss, eg. full points for two, half points for another two, quarter points for another two, zero points until daily ranking recalc & reset

Both of these would just mean more alts needed, so don't work.

The only real solution would be to make direct linking technically impossible (or computationally hard, which given time limit becomes technically impossible, if assuming a link specific hash valid for limited amount of time, eg. an hour). But given this problem has existed since the beginning and the devs have stated it's too hard to implement such a change, direct linking is here to stay. And given direct linking, there's no way to automatically limit effect of bots & defensive win abuse.
            WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Comment

• alts

Originally posted by AtlasHolt View Post
              I'm sad to say it but I feel the same way. It's a lost cause competing against non competitors.
              My biggest problem is the players using Alts to get defensive wins. That's basically a different form of stealing. Using mini's/Alts in place of refills.
              Yes true... alts can give you more poin and token... maybe cut the defensive win poin is new idea... so they have to make more alts

Comment

• Ios

Originally posted by AtlasHolt View Post
                It's true. I've been hitting the same EV's over and over again. The list only changed when ev was introduced. Other then that I've been hitting the same 10-15 players over and over.
                responding to wilsonhenry, I know in this we all have discussed the cheaters are most the IOS user... but please the cheater can be everyone not just IOS users... camping can be the IOS and web3 user... as per I know the IOS apps doesn't have revenge button to arena...

And I don't know why cheater can be more cleverer since the crash between dev and third party if I am not false...

The ruined arena is begin after the dev make new UI and make arena for getting money...

Sorry if I am false... but the third party is clever I think they can me celesta slot and many gift back to us fb user

peace

Comment

• Originally posted by belial View Post
                  if i give up in arena is it frowned upon for me to lose to a guild mate to help them. i only joined recently and have no hope for good rewards
                  According to Tass from the last arena, this is considered Def Win abuse.
                  "Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatherd View Post
                    I don't cheat, never have, and I have no alts, never will - but with all the allegations (not responded to by the the devs) of rampant cheating, well, this arena is just no fun anymore. I'll continue to play it as I am in it, but seriously doubt I'll spend a penny on it.
                    I don't see any indication that cheating is any worse in this arena than in the prior few

Originally posted by N3RO View Post
                    The ruined arena is begin after the dev make new UI and make arena for getting money...
                    Arena has always been a money making event for the devs. They would not do the extra work if it did not generate extra income. Ever since they switched from stamina to tokens they really increased the profit margin, then adding EV= $$$$
                    Chimوra

Comment

• Damn i keep on getting attacked by the same person over and over again.. i think he has attacked me more than 300 times.. i always see him in my news when i use web3 or FB.. i see him attacking 99 times.. i clear the news and and i open up after 6-7 hrs there he is again with 99 wins..i have cleared my news feed 3 times already and he still shows up with massive chaining.. I feel like i joined arena just to give him points..
                      495F26

Comment

• Yeah same happens to me and i do the same to others, dont want to but my arena feed is always the same people, gotta be more possible opponents than what i am seeing

Comment

• Arena should only be a week. This is way too long. If the Devs want to expand player base they have to make this game less time consuming and more strategic. That will bring in more money for sure.

Comment

• Devs end the arena on Friday please. We're all tired and bored of the arena already

Comment

• Originally posted by Moon Rusher View Post
                              Devs end the arena on Friday please. We're all tired and bored of the arena already
                              That would be awesome. I for one don't want my new year being ruined by arena.

Comment

• I'm really enjoying Arena and wouldn't mind if it were four months rather than four weeks. Seriously. The perks (extra exp, interesting pvp, monster damage bonus, essence trading bonus) make my fur sparkle; as for the stress, as it's not compulsory I opted out of it.
                                Last edited by YellingCat; 12-25-2013, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X