Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Loss of a legendary player

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of a legendary player

MOD NOTE: It was learned a couple days ago that the death was a hoax. The first part of this thread mourns the loss of a player. The latter part focuses on the responses to learning the truth. Please keep all discussion respectful of other forum members as this has been an emotional issue for some participants in the discussion. Thank you.

I will miss this man dearly. RIP Barry Best

Barry Best
    11 minutes ago ·
    This is Mandy, Aki's friend.

I am sorry but a short time ago we received word that Aki's journey has ended. It ended 2 days ago but due to the remoteness of his location, it has taken some time for word to reach us. It ended as he lived it - his way and on his terms.

As he requested, he his being or has been cremated and his ashes will be returned home as quickly as possible. His ashes will be scattered in 3 locations - a remote plot of ground in Oregon where the ashes of a special group of Viet Vets are scattered which will be attended by all surviving members of the group; his beloved river at his ranch; and the creek that runs through his ancestral lands where the ashes of his ancestors have been scattered for generations. The ashes will scattered at the same moment in all 3 locations.

Also, in keeping with his wishes, there will be no memorial service or obituary. It was Aki's belief that his journey should speak for itself.

A little over 3 months ago, Aki went for the normal 6 month tests and appointments he has had every since he first became ill a couple years ago. The results were not good.

The need for a couple high risk operations was much more urgent. Also, additional therapy for a new condition would be needed. If he survived the operations, he would have several weeks of recovery. If he survived that, he would be greatly limited in what he could do. In addition, he would need some additional therapy to deal with a different problem once he recovered from the operations. That therapy, regardless if it was successful or not, would cause additional limitations in what I would be able to do. He would be facing up to a year of recovery and therapy with uncertain outcomes.

We discussed everything at length. We went to the Mayo Clinic for a second opinion. The initial findings were confirmed with the exception of the stage 2 cancer which they said was stage 3.

The Aki, as he often did, cut through all the medical talk and asked a very simple question. "Would all of this make me healthy or just prolong death?"
    The answer to that question finalized his decision.

He visited with family and friends in groups and individually, informing them of his decision and getting their thoughts and feedback. He also spoke with the Mother in his own unique way.

There were 2 things he really wanted to do before his journey ended. Also, there was a group of people he really wanted to something for whom no one else will help. He knew if he had the operations and the therapy, he would never be able to do them.

Once that decision was made, we were determined to make the summer as special as we could for him. We arranged for family to join him, notified friends in the Nations. And when we returned to Texas he had 2 weeks with his entire family and close friends.

On his final night, he went to the river with his flute. Marni had purchased a case of household candles. We waited for him to get settled then one by one, each of us took a candle, lit it and walked to the river. We placed the candles on a large rock near the river, walked up to him and touched him on the shoulder then knelt in the sand. We kept vigil with him that night.

In the morning, everyone gave him a big, Aki style hug. Cat had checked his kits and loaded them in the truck. Brandy had packed his clothes and loaded his bag in the truck. He wanted to drive himself to the airport and have us pick up the truck later.

The last 2 weeks we could tell he was becoming concerned. Not about what was ahead of him but about us and all his friends. He didn't want people to be sad. He wanted us to celebrate his journey but only briefly and the get on with ours, which is so like him.

I first me Aki when I was a young nurse worked for the Indian Health Services. That was over 35 years ago. It changed my life.

I will open up his wall so postings can be viewed by friends and his family can view them.
    Last edited by Death of Rats; 09-29-2013, 10:06 PM.

he will be truly missed......
    the final goodbye has come

Comment

I came back to the forums to pay my respect and to honor him and his friends. Any person who makes this kind of impact on those around them, who affects those they come into contact with, and who leaves this world with so many great people remembering them, must be truly powerful and blessed. My hats off, my heart's out, my respect is laid forth. R.I.P.
      • [*=center]

Comment

Im sorry for your loss Condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace Aki

Comment

The CA Legend and friend that will forever be in our hearts.

Comment

Lost for words. I am truly saddened.
            RIP Barry. The world has lost a leader and an exceptional human being.
            !=> My ATM! <=!--BSI & LSI--CA grammar wall of shame-- CA en Espaٌol---Level Vs. Experience---

Comment

Very sad indeed, great guy, great Toon, Rest in Peace.

Comment

Rest in peace friend.

Comment

Goodbye Aki. We will keep you in hearts till the day we may see you again.

Comment

Rest in peace Barry

Comment

I have no words.... so sad...

Comment

Have wonderful new journey and adventure in your new spirit body Barry. <3

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Comment

Sad to hear...........
                          We are now at the halfway point of our disjointed epic. If you are just arriving, you have missed little.

Comment

I shall never pass a river without thinking of the Nekkid Indian who shared his love of life, and his special way of looking at it, with so many. Truly he left this world better than he found it. R.I.P. Aki

Comment

My condolences to Aki's friends and family. Also a reminder that as much as people like to complain about the devs, they have created something that has brought so many people together and created connections that wouldn't have been possible without CA.
                              B∀D ƦΦBΦT ☠₵₵Ʀ☠

Comment

Working...
                              X