Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Dinosaur Builds Left in the Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaur Builds Left in the Dust

With daily stam not much more than 300 and daily energy the same how is a pvp build F2P able to compete in the general's race?

First of all, you need to hunt monsters for hero potions, so with 600 stam to spend on a potion day per week you get 4 chances at a potion drop. That's a potion every 2-3 weeks.

Second of all, you gain experience for your heroes by spending energy and stam, and 350 stam is only ~2500 xp per day plus 350 energy or ~1000 xp. A hero potion is near a month's worth of activity, in comparison.

Third, even if you gain a lot of hero crystals being in a decent guild, they are somewhat useless if you can't level up the heroes you give crystals to.

This hero system forces players to at least buy the promos for potions to try and keep up with even the other casual spenders or builds with higher daily stamina. It's good for those old builds that hero stats don't really count that much in duel/invasion, or those builds would really suffer, as they really take a hit in WAR. If the next arena or dominion is war format, we could really see the impact of the crystal system, with pvp builds losing to casual hunters and spenders.

Originally posted by dances with wolves View Post
    With daily stam not much more than 300 and daily energy the same how is a pvp build F2P able to compete in the general's race?

First of all, you need to hunt monsters for hero potions, so with 600 stam to spend on a potion day per week you get 4 chances at a potion drop. That's a potion every 2-3 weeks.

Second of all, you gain experience for your heroes by spending energy and stam, and 350 stam is only ~2500 xp per day plus 350 energy or ~1000 xp. A hero potion is near a month's worth of activity, in comparison.

Third, even if you gain a lot of hero crystals being in a decent guild, they are somewhat useless if you can't level up the heroes you give crystals to.

This hero system forces players to at least buy the promos for potions to try and keep up with even the other casual spenders or builds with higher daily stamina. It's good for those old builds that hero stats don't really count that much in duel/invasion, or those builds would really suffer, as they really take a hit in WAR. If the next arena or dominion is war format, we could really see the impact of the crystal system, with pvp builds losing to casual hunters and spenders.
    Not really, it forces you to be a monster hunter buying or not is just your choice. There are pros and cons of every build and this is one of those cons for PVP builds.

Comment

The pvp builds can still chain you to dust. Which is likely all they want
      Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
      New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

but she can toast you back in the only real pvp format ... war :3

Comment

There's that aggressive titling thing again.

For the most part, generals are still heavily over-rated. PvP doesn't chain you because they have a fancy general, they chain you because they have a bunch of SP in BSI skills. Generals are bonuses, and like runes PvPs just have a smaller bonus. They still gonna chain yo face.

Echo might be borderline insane and OTT about all the things she won't use...but it's built upon a fundamental truth - the SPs do the bulk of the lifting. Meanwhile, quit with the provocative titles like you're some news mogul.

Comment

Castle Age should now be renamed to Crystal Age! It is still CA in short form! I think the PVP players may choose to level the hero with less exp requirement!
            Do I need to have a signature here? Sorry, but I honestly don’t know how to do it!

Comment

LOL, this time, you really need a more-than-good spanking dww

1. % drop varies. Even if you have more stamina, it doesn't guarantee you'll get a crystal/potion every # of hits. You only got more chance to get potions/crystals.

2. Should we remind you that the exp return for PvP is better than hitting monster? It's true that hero potions/crystals/runes never drops in PvP, but hey, PvP does gets better exp return. Don't believe me? try it yourself

3. Not entirely true. We (PvP-ers) can still level our heroes if we choose to. All we need to do is just spend energy and stamina. That's all.

We are never forced buy the promos? It's a promo, you are free to buy or leave it alone.

True that you might defeat someone in war (as it counts towards your gear and general's stats), but not in duel/invade.

------------
              Why are you so keen to say that your LSI build is better than BSI/PvP build when comparing on PvP content? You do know that your build sucks in PvP don't you?

And more importantly, I don't see general leveling as a race. Are you implying when you get one of your general to level 80, you can defeat hardcore PvPers? Maybe you should start experimenting on that too
              Last edited by n3r086; 08-10-2013, 10:46 AM.
              The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something - Aristotle

Comment

when will the OP provide a keep link for a dusty chaining?

Comment

i iz squishy DWW...u can use your super duper level up general to grind me to dust...i just don't have enough hero potions to level up my generals...yes it is pathetic...i don't even have 1 single hero over lvl 20 yet...i haz sad now

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Comment

Originally posted by zserg View Post
                    The pvp builds can still chain you to dust. Which is likely all they want
                    This!!

10 stam
                    https://web3.castleagegame.com/castl...00000017547220
                    "nothing much makes me lose faith in humanity more than seeing slayers pop out in a thread nowdays. -hane"
                    S༨བYཇ☈S

Comment

should they join the race?
                      CA KEEP
                      Originally posted by Rev Sim
                      We are all one with the all great banana!

Comment

With daily stam not much more than 300 and daily energy the same how is a pvp build F2P able to compete
                        I define with whom I am competing. I would say the same goes for many PvP builds. Here is a hint: I can't think of a PvP build that would believe they are competing with you
                        Chimوra

Comment

Oh no, I won't ever get a general to level 80, or whatever the max level is!!! I must quit the game because I can no longer play without a maxed out general.

I actually have a few of those coloured crystal and potion thingies, and I haven't used any of them.
                          Remove | Add

Comment

Originally posted by Jim[Gr] View Post
                            when will the OP provide a keep link for a dusty chaining?
                            Seek and you shall find, right here in the forum

Won't do you much good though, she's usually DOTW.
                            Remove | Add

Comment

My highest level general is Misa(stop laughing ) at level 14. Good news is my stam is at 290 now. Look out power levelers!
                              • [*=center]

Comment

Working...
                              X