Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Here comes my infraction... but can w please BAN "Castle Age Singapore (guild)"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Luxor The Moonprince View Post
    100 Alts. 10 tokens each. Land saved.
    And that is worse case ... really don't need to take the actions to "0"; just bounce enough to drive the Health per Action up to a reasonable number, say 300+ and you're pretty much set ...

    Yes, requires some 'dedication' ... but if you don't have a 'super' guild, it is a way to collect more from your work in clearing the land ...
    Everybody has an agenda. Except me.__________________________Visit my keep.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Alex007 View Post
      ... but if you don't have a 'super' guild, it is a way to collect more from your work in clearing the land ...

      And on that note.... Id also be interested in hearing how a "non super guild" got so many mist lands...

      *Since they dont have many monster points.
      *Since they are so weak (in general) for land sniping.
      *Since they dont even appear very active in PvP (guild battle points)... so likely not co-ordinates very well (main accounts)


      But Im sure Iv just got it wrong. Of course they are legit... otherwise the devs would have banned them already...

      Comment


      • #18
        Oh for cry sake! We at War with China now? Cheaters are so well known now that really nobody bothers with reporting them.

        Devs care just this much ..........
        There is no such word as Goatherder!

        Comment


        • #19
          You have to remember there's a certain type of player that finds creating scripts to automate boring tasks to min/max far more interesting than standard gameplay. I, for one, am more horrified by the fact that people spend countless hours doing tedious tasks to gain marginal advantages by hand than people who create scripts to do them. While I find the latter loathsome, the former is incomprehensible to me.

          Anyway, I find the usual ethnic bashing to be shameful. It's not as if there is a lack of cheaters from ANY country, simply a language barrier that prevents them from defending their actions in the usual means and ways we've seen from a hundred cheaters and prevents them from having white knight defenders who will jump in as character witnesses because they feel some personal connection to them, regardless of actual fact.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Luxor The Moonprince View Post
            And on that note.... Id also be interested in hearing how a "non super guild" got so many mist lands...

            *Since they dont have many monster points.
            *Since they are so weak (in general) for land sniping.
            *Since they dont even appear very active in PvP (guild battle points)... so likely not co-ordinates very well (main accounts)


            But Im sure Iv just got it wrong. Of course they are legit... otherwise the devs would have banned them already...
            lol -- well based on the amount of effort they put into keeping what they have, can well imagine the effort they must place into getting them in the first place ... heh.
            Everybody has an agenda. Except me.__________________________Visit my keep.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Muhoshin View Post
              You have to remember there's a certain type of player that finds creating scripts to automate boring tasks to min/max far more interesting than standard gameplay. I, for one, am more horrified by the fact that people spend countless hours doing tedious tasks to gain marginal advantages by hand than people who create scripts to do them. While I find the latter loathsome, the former is incomprehensible to me.

              Anyway, I find the usual ethnic bashing to be shameful. It's not as if there is a lack of cheaters from ANY country, simply a language barrier that prevents them from defending their actions in the usual means and ways we've seen from a hundred cheaters and prevents them from having white knight defenders who will jump in as character witnesses because they feel some personal connection to them, regardless of actual fact.
              I see no ethnic bashing here. Why would you think there was?

              Castle Age Singapore is the name of the guild in question. If they chose to name their guild after their geographic location... what the hell does that have to do with me... and why is it taboo to mention the guild name... which they gave themselves?

              And as for cheating and a language barrier... you don't know many people from Singapore id say. You do know that English is the official language there... right? But even if it were not... the Facebook policy on alts is readable in most languages in the civilized world.

              Cheating is cheating in any language. And I find attempts to deflect that on made up ethnic sensitivities offensive.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Luxor The Moonprince View Post
                I see no ethnic bashing here. Why would you think there was?

                Castle Age Singapore is the name of the guild in question. If they chose to name their guild after their geographic location... what the hell does that have to do with me... and why is it taboo to mention the guild name... which they gave themselves?

                And as for cheating and a language barrier... you don't know many people from Singapore id say. You do know that English is the official language there... right? But even if it were not... the Facebook policy on alts is readable in most languages in the civilized world.

                Cheating is cheating in any language. And I find attempts to deflect that on made up ethnic sensitivities offensive.
                ^ lol. now that's a good comeback line.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Muhoshin View Post
                  You have to remember there's a certain type of player that finds creating scripts to automate boring tasks to min/max far more interesting than standard gameplay. I, for one, am more horrified by the fact that people spend countless hours doing tedious tasks to gain marginal advantages by hand than people who create scripts to do them. While I find the latter loathsome, the former is incomprehensible to me.
                  Not so much in CA, but there are places - in gaming, put probably elsewhere as well, where those marginal gains are what determine ranks and success. Yes, it's grinding. No, the grinding part is not fun, but you can get a sense you 'earned a win', so to speak. The variables have a lot to do with if it works or not. Too much grinding, too marginal, too easy a win, many things can throw it off.

                  Yes, there are people who enjoy coming up with the scripts and automating problems (heck I know some of them, just not in CA). Generally speaking, these kind of people may start out doing it for gaming, but end up making trainers, cheats and a few other things we won't discuss - quite often they end up not playing much of anything. The game is trivial.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It's ridiculously pathetic! We've seen guilds do this. I will never, ever understand their motives. It's a game after all. But yeah, some guilds do it more than others, and some guilds are more involved in different cheats than others... and some of those guilds happen to be from particular geographic locations. Which doesn't mean everybody in those locations is a cheat. Just means that the cheats happen to gather together.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My guild was watching one of their lands, also had Resurgence watching it at the same time, only to have them steal it from us like that. I chained their officers for a bit but it got to the point that I needed my resources elsewhere. I am in favor of this, cheating is cheating and should be punished especially this kind of blatant cheating.
                      Rank 24, always looking for actives who want to have a good time killing everything

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've taken the liberty to rename the thread a little to clarify that there is no racial/geographical hate. Rather to point out that a guild is up to no good.

                        Original - Here comes my infraction... but can w please BAN Castle Age Singapore?
                        New - Here comes my infraction... but can w please BAN "Castle Age Singapore (guild)"?
                        Last edited by Jaraxxis; 06-12-2012, 06:40 AM.
                        The one thing that is constant is change.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by KingMC18 View Post
                          My guild was watching one of their lands, also had Resurgence watching it at the same time, only to have them steal it from us like that. I chained their officers for a bit but it got to the point that I needed my resources elsewhere. I am in favor of this, cheating is cheating and should be punished especially this kind of blatant cheating.
                          Hey, I was chaining away with ya! But after the third day, I had to get back to my serps. *kiss kiss*

                          The way I see it is if the entire guild is in the wrong, then it should be shut down. Not that it would really do much good, but still...
                          FB - 8EAABA____________________ iOS - CBDFE1

                          Banish the Sadist! // Dance With Me? // Love the Mistress!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Perhaps they had alts set up for serp farming already? Since there's an (illegit) way to summon ancient serpents since level 1, surely 100 level 1 alts are good both for serpents and for bouncing...
                            (note: this is pure speculation since I don't actually even know whether that guild engages in serpent farming at all)

                            Originally posted by Goatherd View Post
                            Oh for cry sake! We at War with China now? Cheaters are so well known now that really nobody bothers with reporting them.

                            Devs care just this much ..........
                            Singapore =/= China. Just sayin'

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Sadly I'm sure they aren't the only ones doing this.

                              Alts are alts. Technically if you could find the offending alts you could report them to FB as fake accounts. But I'm not sure of any way to figure out who is doing the bouncing.

                              It is very frustrating to see easy to take lands kept out of the legitimate player's hands due to cheating. But seems we're just going to have to live with it.
                              Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

                              "The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                devs need to decide:

                                is it better to support the business brought in by cheaters

                                or

                                support the business of the people who are being driven out because of blatantly obvious cheaters who gain what they shouldn't, win when they shouldn't, and take what should have gone to others.
                                Owner of 6.32 LSI, Over 1600 Stamina, and 7 Monster Alchemy Divine Items

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X