Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Here comes my infraction... but can w please BAN "Castle Age Singapore (guild)"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lord Reaper View Post
    This right here is a big part of the problem this game has. Since I have been playing the game, which has been for over 2 years, I have not once seen a dev actively discuss with us options for fixing problems with this game. In most cases there even was no feedback on suggestions or questions regarding possible problems.

While I think it is nice that we got Flarin to read the forums and give us some answers I was also rather disappointed that they didn't choose to hire some actual developers so that the devs themselves could have more time to actually communicate with us. While so far I have seen Flarin to be a nice guy I doubt he has any development experience or has in dept knowledge of the inner workings of the game. All he can really do is relay things he sees here, like Padaxan, which the devs are likely to ignore if they don't feel like listening to it (which seems to be 99% of the time).

Like Pistol says, quite a few people here are coming up with (half) solutions to (major) problems. Heck the suggestion section is full with ideas that are at least halfway decent! If the devs could be bothered to actually talk with us instead of acting so high and mighty, by ignoring us and/or sending a third person to take the bullet for them, they could be getting the information they need to solve quite a few problems INCLUDING the alt situation.

Please don't get me wrong on this, I am in no way suggesting that the devs should come on here and start implementing all that we tell them to. I'm saying that if they were come here themselves, listen to our input on problems and combine that with their knowledge of how CA actually works, they could use that info to come up with solid solutions and make this whole game a better place.

To me the fact that they keep sending a third person to do the listening only shows that they really don't care and are only trying to sooth the masses so they won't have to be bothered with actually fixing things.
    Devs have many times engaged in discussions with us, on these forums. But they can't be here all the time, they have to take care of the game too.

Yes, I'm one of the few who thinks they are doing a good job. Even with all the cheating that's going on.
    Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
    New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatherd View Post
      Just having the 3rd persons (paid, no doubt) means they do care, albeit somewhat.

Certainly if they would just stop implementing 'new' stuff and fix, at least, some of the problems identified over and over again - that would help!

Moar in-game Help, too. (For the new players).

Rumor has it the devs take the weekends off - anyway, Happy Father's Day!!
      That new stuff is the second part of the issue. They have their priorities wrong. But that is partly due to mistakes they made when developing this game that have now come to bite them in the backside. I am very thankful that I am not one of the devs just for that reason alone.

Right now I think they care more about keeping the few people that still pay than anything else. After all, without getting paid there is no game. And I honestly believe that the third person is intended to create the illusion that they are listening so that later on they can say "we checked into it but decided not to change it".

As long as you give people the impression that they are heard they won't revolt. And as long as we don't revolt they can keep doing what they want to do.

Originally posted by zserg View Post
      Devs have many times engaged in discussions with us, on these forums. But they can't be here all the time, they have to take care of the game too.
      And this right here is the exact reason why I am disappointed that the didn't hire more actual developers. If you have more developers you CAN be here more often, and you DO have time to actually work with your players to resolve things.

You may feel they do a good job but can you name three instances within the last year where they proactively came on here, discussed an ongoing situation or asked suggestions for new game features and actually listened to what we had to say?

Keep in mind that by proactive I don't mean coming here posting something after something went horribly wrong with an update they did and there have been a thousand threads about said screw up. I mean threads where they actually asked us how we experienced things, if we had encountered any problems they might have noticed and offer any fixes for those problems other than "use the report link" or "this will be fixed in the future".

Also know that by "they" I do NOT mean Padaxan or Flarin. I mean the actual devs. The ones that created this game. You know, those people who we only see when something goes horribly wrong after which they are very quick to blame either facebook or their service provider? You remember them right?
      "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

"Gratuitous acts of senseless violence are -my- forte!" - Max

Comment

• Originally posted by Mawardi Hashary View Post
        1. so, its CAI 3? do you hold any proof about this alts/cheat ? any SS ?
        2. i never offer your keep link to any CAI group, as many others here can see your keep link obviously from your own post. (please correct me if i misunderstood here)
        PM me please

Comment

And this right here is the exact reason why I am disappointed that the didn't hire more actual developers. If you have more developers you CAN be here more often, and you DO have time to actually work with your players to resolve things.
          maybe they have hired more devs.

I don't look at stuff like that, I look at how the game is evolving and at what pace. For CA I'm happy, HoD could use more attention though.
          Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.

Comment

That new stuff is the second part of the issue. They have their priorities wrong. But that is partly due to mistakes they made when developing this game that have now come to bite them in the backside. I am very thankful that I am not one of the devs just for that reason alone.

Right now I think they care more about keeping the few people that still pay than anything else. After all, without getting paid there is no game. And I honestly believe that the third person is intended to create the illusion that they are listening so that later on they can say "we checked into it but decided not to change it".

As long as you give people the impression that they are heard they won't revolt. And as long as we don't revolt they can keep doing what they want to do.

You may feel they do a good job but can you name three instances within the last year where they proactively came on here, discussed an ongoing situation or asked suggestions for new game features and actually listened to what we had to say?

Keep in mind that by proactive I don't mean coming here posting something after something went horribly wrong with an update they did and there have been a thousand threads about said screw up. I mean threads where they actually asked us how we experienced things, if we had encountered any problems they might have noticed and offer any fixes for those problems other than "use the report link" or "this will be fixed in the future".

Also know that by "they" I do NOT mean Padaxan or Flarin. I mean the actual devs. The ones that created this game. You know, those people who we only see when something goes horribly wrong after which they are very quick to blame either facebook or their service provider? You remember them right?
            so you want them to hire more people to do what THEY do so that THEY can come here and wade through millions and millions of posts, and talk and play and spam with us? Some people don't even like it when a frickin MOD does that. I cant count the times I have been chastised for having the nerve to have an opinion of the game. You want them to do it? What about when someone says things they dont like? Or goes off topic? Or insults someone? Would that premise hold true if they also deleted posts and infracted peeps?

Why not simply hire someone who they talk with every day who knows what the goals of the company are and can weed through the chaff and present the good ideas for consideration?

Oh. Wait...
            Last edited by oO☼ﬞ Tricᶄsy-TriӾie ☼ﬞOo; 06-17-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDHawk View Post

Oh. Wait...
              Noted.

10 cars.
              There is no such word as Goatherder!

Comment

• Originally posted by zserg View Post
                maybe they have hired more devs.

I don't look at stuff like that, I look at how the game is evolving and at what pace. For CA I'm happy, HoD could use more attention though.
                The bolded part... proof that they did NOT hire more developers. Think about it before you ask why though.

Originally posted by SDHawk View Post
                so you want them to hire more people to do what THEY do so that THEY can come here and wade through millions and millions of posts, and talk and play and spam with us? Some people don't even like it when a frickin MOD does that. I cant count the times I have been chastised for having the nerve to have an opinion of the game. You want them to do it? What about when someone says things they dont like? Or goes off topic? Or insults someone? Would that premise hold true if they also deleted posts and infracted peeps?
                No. I don't expect them to come on here and go through millions of posts. But what I do expect is for them to ask how we experience recent additions to the game. Where we feel problems with said additions. Or to bring up when something MIGHT go wrong due to things such as updates. Or to enter a discussion about a good idea.

It doesn't take millions of topics and also not every single discussion to be a presence, to be involved, and to consider input form your customers/players.

Originally posted by SDHawk View Post
                Why not simply hire someone who they talk with every day who knows what the goals of the company are and can weed through the chaff and present the good ideas for consideration?

Oh. Wait...
                I fully agree with you up to a certain point. Yes... a third person could weed through the posts and report on good ideas. But that doesn't mean anything if you:

a) have a third person who is unable to tell WHAT a good idea is and what isn't.
                b) have a third person who can't consider technical details on why something might and might not work.
                c) if you are going to ignore what said third person says anyway.

If they were using a third person to present them with the discussions that are of interest so they could read and participate this whole idea would work wonders. But mark my words, THAT is not going to happen in this case and we will not see ANY of the required changes unless they are actually game breaking.
                "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!" - Rev Sim

Comment

The bolded part... proof that they did NOT hire more developers. Think about it before you ask why though.
                  Actually it's proof that they didn't hire devs for HoD, heck it's not even that, because they might launch a massive update for HoD tomorrow and surprise us.

Comment

But that doesn't mean anything if you:

a) have a third person who is unable to tell WHAT a good idea is and what isn't.
                    b) have a third person who can't consider technical details on why something might and might not work.
                    c) if you are going to ignore what said third person says anyway.

If they were using a third person to present them with the discussions that are of interest so they could read and participate this whole idea would work wonders. But mark my words, THAT is not going to happen in this case and we will not see ANY of the required changes unless they are actually game breaking.
                    And you think Flarin is this fall guy? I believe you are underestimating Flarin and the devs. I just have to wait and see, then I'll put my 2 cents. And I assume, you think you are better than them?

Off topic: Can you PM me the game you are developing?
                    To insist that one’s answers and solutions are the only right and righteous ones is not only hubris. It is plain stupidity! -Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by vicarius View Post
                      And you think Flarin is this fall guy? I believe you are underestimating Flarin and the devs. I just have to wait and see, then I'll put my 2 cents.
                      I believe that Flarin was hired to give the impression that they are listening so that there would be less complaining from us. If this is true is something that time will have to prove but this is how has turned out to be with Padaxan. Game breaking stuff (that they would have fixed anyway) is apparently fixed by them and everything else remains a big maybe.

And don't get me wrong though. I am sure that Flarin will do what he can. And from what I saw he's a really nice guy. It's not him I doubt. Just so we are clear on that one.

Originally posted by vicarius View Post
                      And I assume, you think you are better than them?
                      No. I don't think I'm better than them. I KNOW I am better than them. Heck half the fellow developers I know are better than them.

I know that the average player doesn't see all the flaws with what the devs release but the average developer will often scratch his head and go "why on earth did they do THIS?"

Originally posted by vicarius View Post
                      Off topic: Can you PM me the game you are developing?
                      I can. Once I have enough to show to the public. For now development seems to have slowed down for, hopefully, a little while. Life stinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X