Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Arena Cry Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Cry Babies

Who else is sick of the crybabies in arena?

I have a 516 King who is chaining me to death because I did *not* poly or confuse him. I went after the mages, like a good mage should, and so he's blaming me... I expect it's because I am 200 levels below him and he can't beat the mages who "allegedly" polied and confused him. To be honest, I never saw either on him as he was inactive for 90% of the battle. And who the he!! would he know when he wasn't there and I was and didn't notice anything. Seems to me, he is crying about feeling weak and because he lost a match. Really? We all lose matches.

The other day, some level 1200+ was blaming me for polying/confusing her... Dude, I'm at the bottom rung of 300. What she didn't see was the level 560-something that had cast mirror image (or whatever that thing is). I don't know what the person looked like to the other team... I just know that, on our side, it was clearly a mid-level mage.

If people lose one match, they cry and scream and rage. If they lose tokens to poly or confue, they act like they are the only person in the world who loses it to them. Then they find someone hundreds of levels below them and trash their game.

*** THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF BULLY ***

These people feel impotent, helpless and weak, so they run around and beat up other people that cannot fight back.

This is what happens in school yards when a 5th grader is smacking around a 2nd grader. It's what happens online that has sent children off to suicide.

Now, I have never felt impotent or weak and I don't now, but I am tired of all the drama. There's is nothing fun about playing with a bunch of crybabies. We've all been bullied in our lives and, even when that tall, fat girl had me cornered in the locker room in 9th grade with the two girls beside her, I stood up really tall, pushed myself forward, dared her to do it and explained, when she was done, I would happily get bigger people to help bring her down. The best of whom would be the cops who would put her in jail where much bigger bullies would have their way with her. I told her that I understood she felt weak, but doing this would just result in her feeling weaker because I wasn't about to roll over.

What happened? She and her girls gave me a look and wandered off.

My point is simple. This is a game. It's about having fun. Every class has special powers and every special power wrecks everyone else's chance to earn points.

Clerics who cast revive save lost games and the bonus goes to the other team. You lose FIFTY percent there. I had revived... bounced in the last 20 seconds and we won... by 1.

Clerics who hold do the same thing... reviving entire gates! Again... 50 percent loss of points.

Warriors get to attack 3 targets. I mean... WTF! I can only attack one! Plus they make the people around them stronger and *still* do significant damage when stunned. Well, that can change things as I am just throwing airballs when I am stunned.

Rogues... man... I had one evade 10 out of 12 hits the other day. That made him unkillable. Spending all those tokens... Couldn't get down one?! That'll lose a game!

But when it comes to mages... let's get something clear... they are polyed and confused and hitting for 50, 100, 160, 200 more than any other player in the field. 2 confuses and getting snagged in the poly 3 times at the very beginning of a match... ouch! We target other mages first, if we have half a brain. We want to block them to protect YOU as well as our own @sses.

But this warrior currently chaining me? He's whining about 240s... you know what, sounds pretty selfish to me because, honestly, as a mage, I only go for 240 when we're up by 12... or more. Before then... it's every active from 115 to 900... where ever I can get something to stick to help my team. That's why I play mage, to go broad - to reach more - to give our team as many advantages as possible. I don't need to be a mage to get 240. That part is easy... it's winning that is the real challenge.

Do I whine about getting 50s or 100s or 160s or 200s or hit by whirlwhind or lobbing a goose egg at evade or clerics with the nasty revive? Do I cry and hit out of battle? No. I keep fighting for a win. In the match where I banged up against 5 50s (2 confuses and 3 polies), I used the fact I was stunned, called targets, guided play, hooked up by chat with a couple people on my team and with extraordinary teamwork and lazy mages on the other side, we turned the 16/38 match to a 9/8 win.

It's the win. It's all about the win. I take my 50s, 100s, 160s and 200s happily because, when I get the win, they are worth a whole lot more. Be mad at your teammates if you're losing... or joiners for coming late and turning an even match into a slaughter... or the ones who refuse to join because they see you are already behind.

Or more realistically... be mad at the developers who created those powers. At the developers who keep this stupid format because we're not sick of 2 GBs a day, a festie battle and 5 f'n Arenas?! Yup, people want the loot... but 12 times to play... minus 4 for sleep means 8 times to play... minus work and... gimme a f'n break - FIVE?! To get in 5... no life! And that's the point... they want you to buy FPs to compete with the people who have no life.

So, if you honestly have rage, rage at the developers. But if you're just a fat, impotent bully, don't think there aren't people bigger than you!

... Well, developers, if you aren't going to block the mage rage groups that take keep addresses of anyone who plays mage and chains them non-stop until they quit playing your game... then maybe it's time for a crybaby group so people can return the favor. Clearly... no one is policing this game from anything but people who aren't spending enough money buying your goodies. Because the people who make it unpleasant and chase other players away... we don't care about that, do we devs?

Rant over.

....and breathe.

Honestly a lot of games have something similar, but if this primal screen helped you out some, good on ya - we all need it from time to time.

Comment

The best cure for someone whining about poly is to hit them with confuse as well

Comment

Originally posted by Ineluki View Post
        The best cure for someone whining about poly is to hit them with confuse as well
        Counter-troll DOES also usually make you feel awesome, no denying it.

Comment

Originally posted by kayte View Post
          The novella you posted made every irony meter in my office explode.

Comment

Aren't you being a crybaby about the arena in this post?
            Last edited by Slaytanic; 10-28-2011, 10:12 PM.
            Guilds: CA PvPvM - HoD Noobs n Roses
            DW "Whoever Slaytanic was a while ago he actually hit me as well. Isnt he in our guild?"
            A1: Legend, A2: Hero, A3: Hero A4: Vanguard A5: FU HOD: AV

Comment

Kayte,

I am glad you have posted in the forums because I think you have strong opinions and enjoy castle age.

However, I have been with you in two battles now that I am aware of and you were rude, bossy and exact opposite of fun loving in the chat. In one case you even began getting heckled from other people outside of the battle because people were wondering what your deal was. It was the first day of Arena if you recall and for 30 minutes after the fight you were still jawing with people and accusing them of being hateful to you because you are a woman. I recall you also threatened to report Meta Knight for being a bully in the chat when all he was doing was trying to be funny in response to how serious you were being.

A few days later someone else in my guild was making a comment about how you were again acting way too serious in the chat and telling everyone what to do and getting irritated when people were not following your directions.

I struggle sometimes (okay all the time) with being too competitve and it has alienated some people. I hope you don't fall into the same trap and I hope that you can take a step back and be objective and realize that you are not without blame.

Feel free to message me in private if you would rather take this offline.

Best regards

Scorps

Comment

Report Meta Knight? Chain her!!!!!!
                Guilds: CA PvPvM - HoD Noobs n Roses
                DW "Whoever Slaytanic was a while ago he actually hit me as well. Isnt he in our guild?"
                A1: Legend, A2: Hero, A3: Hero A4: Vanguard A5: FU HOD: AV

Comment

I have a 516 King who is chaining me to death because I did *not* poly or confuse him. I went after the mages, like a good mage should, and so he's blaming me... I expect it's because I am 200 levels below him and he can't beat the mages who "allegedly" polied and confused him. To be honest, I never saw either on him as he was inactive for 90% of the battle. And who the he!! would he know when he wasn't there and I was and didn't notice anything. Seems to me, he is crying about feeling weak and because he lost a match. Really? We all lose matches.

The other day, some level 1200+ was blaming me for polying/confusing her... Dude, I'm at the bottom rung of 300. What she didn't see was the level 560-something that had cast mirror image (or whatever that thing is). I don't know what the person looked like to the other team... I just know that, on our side, it was clearly a mid-level mage.

If people lose one match, they cry and scream and rage. If they lose tokens to poly or confue, they act like they are the only person in the world who loses it to them. Then they find someone hundreds of levels below them and trash their game.

*** THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF BULLY ***

These people feel impotent, helpless and weak, so they run around and beat up other people that cannot fight back.

This is what happens in school yards when a 5th grader is smacking around a 2nd grader. It's what happens online that has sent children off to suicide.

Now, I have never felt impotent or weak and I don't now, but I am tired of all the drama. There's is nothing fun about playing with a bunch of crybabies. We've all been bullied in our lives and, even when that tall, fat girl had me cornered in the locker room in 9th grade with the two girls beside her, I stood up really tall, pushed myself forward, dared her to do it and explained, when she was done, I would happily get bigger people to help bring her down. The best of whom would be the cops who would put her in jail where much bigger bullies would have their way with her. I told her that I understood she felt weak, but doing this would just result in her feeling weaker because I wasn't about to roll over.

What happened? She and her girls gave me a look and wandered off.

My point is simple. This is a game. It's about having fun. Every class has special powers and every special power wrecks everyone else's chance to earn points.

Clerics who cast revive save lost games and the bonus goes to the other team. You lose FIFTY percent there. I had revived... bounced in the last 20 seconds and we won... by 1.

Clerics who hold do the same thing... reviving entire gates! Again... 50 percent loss of points.

Warriors get to attack 3 targets. I mean... WTF! I can only attack one! Plus they make the people around them stronger and *still* do significant damage when stunned. Well, that can change things as I am just throwing airballs when I am stunned.

Rogues... man... I had one evade 10 out of 12 hits the other day. That made him unkillable. Spending all those tokens... Couldn't get down one?! That'll lose a game!

But when it comes to mages... let's get something clear... they are polyed and confused and hitting for 50, 100, 160, 200 more than any other player in the field. 2 confuses and getting snagged in the poly 3 times at the very beginning of a match... ouch! We target other mages first, if we have half a brain. We want to block them to protect YOU as well as our own @sses.

But this warrior currently chaining me? He's whining about 240s... you know what, sounds pretty selfish to me because, honestly, as a mage, I only go for 240 when we're up by 12... or more. Before then... it's every active from 115 to 900... where ever I can get something to stick to help my team. That's why I play mage, to go broad - to reach more - to give our team as many advantages as possible. I don't need to be a mage to get 240. That part is easy... it's winning that is the real challenge.

Do I whine about getting 50s or 100s or 160s or 200s or hit by whirlwhind or lobbing a goose egg at evade or clerics with the nasty revive? Do I cry and hit out of battle? No. I keep fighting for a win. In the match where I banged up against 5 50s (2 confuses and 3 polies), I used the fact I was stunned, called targets, guided play, hooked up by chat with a couple people on my team and with extraordinary teamwork and lazy mages on the other side, we turned the 16/38 match to a 9/8 win.

It's the win. It's all about the win. I take my 50s, 100s, 160s and 200s happily because, when I get the win, they are worth a whole lot more. Be mad at your teammates if you're losing... or joiners for coming late and turning an even match into a slaughter... or the ones who refuse to join because they see you are already behind.

Or more realistically... be mad at the developers who created those powers. At the developers who keep this stupid format because we're not sick of 2 GBs a day, a festie battle and 5 f'n Arenas?! Yup, people want the loot... but 12 times to play... minus 4 for sleep means 8 times to play... minus work and... gimme a f'n break - FIVE?! To get in 5... no life! And that's the point... they want you to buy FPs to compete with the people who have no life.

So, if you honestly have rage, rage at the developers. But if you're just a fat, impotent bully, don't think there aren't people bigger than you!

... Well, developers, if you aren't going to block the mage rage groups that take keep addresses of anyone who plays mage and chains them non-stop until they quit playing your game... then maybe it's time for a crybaby group so people can return the favor. Clearly... no one is policing this game from anything but people who aren't spending enough money buying your goodies. Because the people who make it unpleasant and chase other players away... we don't care about that, do we devs?

Rant over.
                  tl;dr

But your Wall of text is pwetty.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorps View Post
                    Kayte,

I am glad you have posted in the forums because I think you have strong opinions and enjoy castle age.

However, I have been with you in two battles now that I am aware of and you were rude, bossy and exact opposite of fun loving in the chat. In one case you even began getting heckled from other people outside of the battle because people were wondering what your deal was. It was the first day of Arena if you recall and for 30 minutes after the fight you were still jawing with people and accusing them of being hateful to you because you are a woman. I recall you also threatened to report Meta Knight for being a bully in the chat when all he was doing was trying to be funny in response to how serious you were being.

A few days later someone else in my guild was making a comment about how you were again acting way too serious in the chat and telling everyone what to do and getting irritated when people were not following your directions.

I struggle sometimes (okay all the time) with being too competitve and it has alienated some people. I hope you don't fall into the same trap and I hope that you can take a step back and be objective and realize that you are not without blame.

Feel free to message me in private if you would rather take this offline.

Best regards

Scorps
                    I like this post. It was very constructive.

Ah, sometimes I say nothing and sometimes I blab to get someone to hit the poly off me.

But, yeah, that chat sucked. Oh... he wasn't being funny. He was doing mage-rage. And I was trying to whip it out of him. Haven't seen it since. So... effective, if unpleasant. But I'll pass on being his punching bag just so everyone else can be more comfortable for one battle. Come on. Better suck it up and take a dive once than suffer for prolonged periods of time. And I don't typically share the PMs and other stuff that happens outside of battle... so just know you only saw the side in chat.

I had to push back. Honestly, it works. So far, every time I bully a bully, they stop. If I just get all quiet, it's nonstop. I try to bend with the situation, does that make sense? After being a dork, chaining him back, it all stopped. Had I been quiet, I'm sure it would have gone on. If there was a rational way to deal with it, great. But irrational people... you gotta get to their level. They cannot rise. Gotta rail at the universe/God/humanity about that one. Myself, I just look for results. As long as my goal is met, then I can live with the embarassment for a little while.

Anyway, I totally hear ya. So far, I actually have 60 new friend requests. Most people say they like someone hollering targets in a close match. I generally do it when I am stunned or want someone to smack a poly off me. 1/2 the chats I say nothing. Another 1/4, I call. Another 1/4 are something else. That one... was something else.

So, I'm sorry it left a bad impression, but I totally like the constructive response. I wish there was a lot more of that.

But, yeah, I vented and it felt good so I am done. Bigger guns will chain him, that's how it works and, more importantly, other frustrated people might feel better when they see someone speak up. That seems to be the most important thing, you know? Have a voice.

Personally, besides the release of a rant, I am hoping speaking up will create a peer pressure against that kind of behavior. From what I can see... it definitely had an impact on the mage rage. It's nothing like it was last arena before I started speaking up and pushing back. From what I can see, a lot of people felt more confident at speaking out when they saw others doing it. Since then, there's been a lot less mage rage in the battles I've seen.

{fingers crossed} More peer pressure will swing the whining around and get everyone to focus on the part that is fun... a challenge! We don't need to win our matches to be Alpha. We just need to be there. And, honestly, this is one of the few things in the game that requires wits and strategy. Seriously, how boring is point and click?!
                    Last edited by kayte; 10-28-2011, 11:09 PM. Reason: Elaboration

Comment

Originally posted by Guard23 View Post
                      tl;dr

But your Wall of text is pwetty.
                      If reading is a struggle, the message boards might be a bad place for you.

Comment

I like this post. It was very constructive.

Ah, sometimes I say nothing and sometimes I blab to get someone to hit the poly off me.

But, yeah, that chat sucked. Oh... he wasn't being funny. He was doing mage-rage. And I was trying to whip it out of him. Haven't seen it since. So... effective, if unpleasant. But I'll pass on being his punching bag just so everyone else can be more comfortable for one battle. Come on. Better suck it up and take a dive once than suffer for prolonged periods of time. And I don't typically share the PMs and other stuff that happens outside of battle... so just know you only saw the side in chat.

I had to push back. Honestly, it works. So far, every time I bully a bully, they stop. If I just get all quiet, it's nonstop. I try to bend with the situation, does that make sense? After being a dork, chaining him back, it all stopped. Had I been quiet, I'm sure it would have gone on. If there was a rational way to deal with it, great. But irrational people... you gotta get to their level. They cannot rise. Gotta rail at the universe/God/humanity about that one. Myself, I just look for results. As long as my goal is met, then I can live with the embarassment for a little while.

Anyway, I totally hear ya. So far, I actually have 60 new friend requests. Most people say they like someone hollering targets in a close match. I generally do it when I am stunned or want someone to smack a poly off me. 1/2 the chats I say nothing. Another 1/4, I call. Another 1/4 are something else. That one... was something else.

So, I'm sorry it left a bad impression, but I totally like the constructive response. I wish there was a lot more of that.

But, yeah, I vented and it felt good so I am done. Bigger guns will chain him, that's how it works and, more importantly, other frustrated people might feel better when they see someone speak up. That seems to be the most important thing, you know? Have a voice.

Personally, besides the release of a rant, I am hoping speaking up will create a peer pressure against that kind of behavior. From what I can see... it definitely had an impact on the mage rage. It's nothing like it was last arena before I started speaking up and pushing back. From what I can see, a lot of people felt more confident at speaking out when they saw others doing it. Since then, there's been a lot less mage rage in the battles I've seen.

{fingers crossed} More peer pressure will swing the whining around and get everyone to focus on the part that is fun... a challenge! We don't need to win our matches to be Alpha. We just need to be there. And, honestly, this is one of the few things in the game that requires wits and strategy. Seriously, how boring is point and click?!

Just remember, sometimes its not what you say, but how you say it, and sometimes its both. I got beat up a lot when I first started for reacting before thinking. As girls, its easy to lead with our emotions, but many of the CA people, especially some of the forumites, will take advantage of that. Whether it is in fun, for them, or they are just trolls. Scorps is a good guy, as many of the people are on here are very good, so take the time to know them, and think before you say something.
                        Don't get angry if you are getting chained, CA is a pvp game. Chains happen.
                        Last edited by echo expugno; 10-29-2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Then I will add a couple of points.

1) It's FB, and even worse, it's basically full public gaming. If it were a private intense chess tournament with the local pros, you expect 100% the whole time, and be mad if it's not given. On FB, the 'normalised' nature of the environment means "super-pro-mode" just won't fly as well.
                          The public part...if you've ever dealt with public monsters, then you will know that you can't go into one with any expectations. The ONLY thing you can rightly expect is what's already been done, and judge by that. In a group or guild there are rules, but when it's full public collective intelligence the level will go down somewhat, since it has to be inclusive of ALL levels of skill, and common sense is no longer common.

2) Similar to the end of #1, arena has all kinds of combatants in it and opposing philosophies WILL FLY. The 9 BSI level 300 player may wonder why the mage is being a douche and polying some dumb target or why someone is re-killing junk when there's serious work to be done. They may even wonder why they don't just suicide all their tokens to give the team the win.
                          ...the low level, low BSI mage is just trying to get a poly to stick on ANYONE AT ALL and may even be happy to just get a 200 target (especially once stunned). THEY might wonder why that high-BSI know-it-all won't STFU already and get his nose out of other people's business, so they can finally get some points and stop being moaned at just for trying to survive. (Typically this is me, but as a cleric not a mage.)

Since most people are only looking at the world from their side, you KNOW there's gonna be a fight at some point.
                          I realise you're more popular and got 60 FR's out of it, but there's another side to the tale - the guys being quiet probably have reason to. They don't want to be ordered to suicide and give up THEIR points so you can have yours! The idea of peer pressure in such a case is shivering at best.

Not so much a criticising post, more of a "think about these angles too" post.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorps View Post
                            If reading is a struggle, the message boards might be a bad place for you.
                            tl;dr

umadbro?

(Yes Cactaur, I iz a thief)

Comment

My problem with mages polymorph and confuse : you get 50 points! That's it. If I won with poly on and did 0 damage and got 100 points, I would still be upset, but not as much. Right now each time you hit with poly/confuse on and you were supposed to win, you're missing 150 or 190 points. If you are confused and very unlucky, you'll get 250 points instead of 1200 points (240 hits) that's INSANELY annoying, not to mention that at the same time you also lost 250 hp!

I hit active mages first (I'm a rogue) and I'll chain the hell out of mass poly/confuse mages if they happen to put confuse and poly on me.
                              Keep Dont chain me bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X