Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Where are the Devs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kalamar View Post
    Nah King it s that I still havent found the way to upload an avatar no idea why all the pics I used dont show up.
    So I tried a new format of writting
    Bolded and centered makes for the impression that you're always yelling, not a very friendly looking style to use, no offense.
    Rank 24, always looking for actives who want to have a good time killing everything

Comment

Originally posted by Death of Rats View Post
      You're right. It's not like we have daily stat points via demi blessings.; or a free chance drop every hour you log in from the Dwarven Mine, or a free stamina potion every 5 days if not more frequently (depending on luck) from the Elven Sanctum. We don't get anything for showing up every day.

LOL, yeah, I know I definitely don't have enough "Heros Resolve"
      Peace is but a shadow of death.

Comment

Well actually in comparison the things they give us at that game are HIGH ITEMS THAT USE TO BE BOUGHT by CC ...

I wouldnt compare 1 stamina every 2 days or 1 defense with a nice general for free, or some cool weapons ... and that should be a similar example of what we dont get ...
        For crying out loud, stop centering your text.

Comment

I've been trying to give the devs the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, but I am starting to see things a bit like Elandal does.

I give them the benefit of the doubt when it does not effect me (which is the majority), but this issue with arena has me furious. It's my first time trying and finding out that all my time invested each day means nothing in the grand scheme is infuriating.

In my opinion they need to adopt a scorched earth policy. Players who take advantage of glitches or errors need to be punished. I don't buy this nonsense with arena about people not knowing they done five battles and unknowingly entering a sixth, seventh, etc. I don't do all mine at once, but I am still aware of the timetable. 10 battles a day is 20 hours. Give me a break. Sitting on your ass in front of a computer for 20 hours even if you leave and come back after recharging is something you remember. Even if you're a moron and can't count you'd still be able to figure it out.

Disqualify people who abuse the system for tournaments or PvP activities.
          Punish people who abuse errors (Kilgore).
          Ban repeat offenders.

All that aside I can't see them doing anything. With all that was said during the Kilgore debacle I see people with that armor and just shake my head in disgust. Wow, what a terrible punishment.
          If someone steals a car and are caught; they do not get to keep the damn car. They go to jail, the car is returned, and the crim pays for any damages to the car and then some.

Also, beta testing. Look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallulah View Post
            In my opinion they need to adopt a scorched earth policy. Players who take advantage of glitches or errors need to be punished. I don't buy this nonsense with arena about people not knowing they done five battles and unknowingly entering a sixth, seventh, etc. I don't do all mine at once, but I am still aware of the timetable. 10 battles a day is 20 hours. Give me a break. Sitting on your ass in front of a computer for 20 hours even if you leave and come back after recharging is something you remember. Even if you're a moron and can't count you'd still be able to figure it out.
            Be careful what you wish for...I did and they did it with Kilgore. Before you know it, every good old-salt-of-the-earth humble player is screaming furiously that the devs misled them - even more furiously when people dared to question that maybe the sources that gave them the link weren't that saintly - and screaming even more still at the mean old no-lifers who dared to suggest they should suck it up for clicking a bad link and that maybe they could learn a lesson or two in caution.

In short it ends ugly pretty much EVERY way. I'd love a scorched earth policy, I'd even take the whack for the odd free SP I got and free refills - but somehow I think massed public opinion would be against me. It's just not a hardcore competition, and the general public will waste no time telling you that.

Comment

Well actually in comparison the things they give us at that game are HIGH ITEMS THAT USE TO BE BOUGHT by CC ...

I wouldnt compare 1 stamina every 2 days or 1 defense with a nice general for free, or some cool weapons ... and that should be a similar example of what we dont get ...
              We get free FP through various means (demi's achievements, monster loot) so that we can choose which CC-purchasable items we'd like to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbykins View Post
                Be careful what you wish for...I did and they did it with Kilgore. Before you know it, every good old-salt-of-the-earth humble player is screaming furiously that the devs misled them - even more furiously when people dared to question that maybe the sources that gave them the link weren't that saintly - and screaming even more still at the mean old no-lifers who dared to suggest they should suck it up for clicking a bad link and that maybe they could learn a lesson or two in caution.

In short it ends ugly pretty much EVERY way. I'd love a scorched earth policy, I'd even take the whack for the odd free SP I got and free refills - but somehow I think massed public opinion would be against me. It's just not a hardcore competition, and the general public will waste no time telling you that.
                I know it won't happen. I have a feeling a lot of offenders are also spenders. If they punish people who pay for their game they will only lose money.
                That may or may not be accurate. I don't know.

Just my opinion, but there needs to be consequences regardless for offenders. All of my solutions may be extreme, but sometimes people need to see an example. If people learn there are no consequences then there's no reason for them not to take advantage of a broken system. Unless you choose not to. Many people aren't capable of that.

I've been playing online games for.....too long now and I can say that people are always going try to find a way to cheat or take advantage of things. In a MMORPG I played before CA over time the game devs adapted. They fixed problems/issues, pursued offenders, suspended people, and laid a fairly consistant dose of the banhammer. Granted a lot of these players were RMT, but the idea is the same. It may be harder to see on this platform, but I'd like to hear they are punishing people who abuse their system. That game was pay to play. CA isn't and that may have something to do with it.

I don't know. All I can say is when I think about the abuses I've seen I'm just disillusioned. I'm not naive enough to think they aren't doing anything, but I can't help thinking it's not enough. Seeing all the minor errors still present from when I started does not give one a lot of hope in this area.

I've said enough. Disillusioned. I'll keep playing because it's free and I can't complain too much about that. I appreciate it. I like this game. I just wish this crap didn't happen. I'm mostly venting out of frustration.
                Last edited by Tallulah; 10-25-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Grow Up Kalmar

Peace and love fellows !!! The game sucked, sucks and will keep sucking cause there were ALWAYS ISSUES ON IT.

We just got used to those problems, if we keep playing even if we complain it s our own fault. Forgive you once, shame on you, twice, shame on me ... shall I go on?

It s cool devs show up to reply, but at the end IT S THEIR OBLIGATION to do it, it s the CA forum isnt it?? If they dont inform in here where will they??? Dragons of Atlantis forum? Nah that one send updates via messages to each player and gives free stuff daily and speciall one every 5 days, what reminds me ... you could do something like that too dont you think??

And before Morpheo lays his winds over my eyes ... no I didnt call Morpheo my macaw, how interesting the ones defending the devs are newbies .. just saying
                  Well, if you consider me a newbie then so be it that makes you still wet behind the ears and a little more(or less depending on what you will take as more offensive) I was reading this forum for 6 months before signing up for an account and still have close to a year on you. And it seems since I am 33 I have about 30 years in age on you too.

Now, now that the bashing part of that is done... Piss and Moan all you want but at days end the problems that happen when the code breaks (1 line out of 346,287) I have seen time and time again that the Devs are quick to jump to fix the problem, even if that means working overtime on a weekend... (which btw, since they are on salary, they don't get paid extra for.)

So again I will say Devs, thank you for taking the time to make this game function and grow.

Comment

Go .. what was your name? Sorry I forgot it ..

You are lucky to have been reading these forums for 6 months, I ve been playing the game almost 6 times that ...

BTW take a deep breath, you seem a lil ... tense??

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald of Melon View Post

Back to my point. I'm just tired of hearing about "how bad they are". I have seen issues take much longer to be fixed than I have with CA, and regardless of that, flaming them isn't going to solve anything.
                      So essentially, you are stating a complaint about someone else complaining. I see...

Comment

Working...
                      X