Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Golden Umbrella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Umbrella

The next time that CA comes out with guild abilities that can make many guilds invincible, it would be nice if there was an announcement letting all of us know that 7800 coin abilities were coming. I know that there are numerous small guilds that have only high att/def members, but that isn't the norm. Most small guilds have as many low level players as they do high levels with the majority in between. Every time I make mention of the ever increasing disparity other posters who don't have problems with it say that we should just merge with another small guild. The thing is, we don't want to because we like to know each other. So let's put this to you big guilds. How about you all split your guilds in half? When CA introduced the guild idea to us, they promised that we would be fighting against guilds that were similar in size or points. But because there were "cheaters" that too advantage of "holes" (sound familiar) and were able to attack guilds not on their list, so CA took away everybody's right to choose. I really would like to know why CA does everything it can do to squeeze out the small guilds. Some guilds won't take some of the small players that we take yet they want new people playing. We instruct and train our newbies so that they will level into competitive fighters. One has gone from a bsi under 1 to a bsi which is over 4 in less than 3 weeks. In a big guild we cannot provide this kind help. So, back to the Golden Umbrella: we've only met 2 guilds that have the new Cleric "heal while killed" ability, and I'd like to know how many people have actually saved up that many guild coins so we can know how long it will be before we will no longer be able to have any fun while battling. Strategy will no longer exist in battles soon. Cuz everybody will have the bomb.

In my guild, 4 people have the ability. At least 8 others can buy it anytime they want but are usually not clerics and saving the coins. Eliminating the Monster Hunters, that would be about 1/6 of the active battlers.
    We've battled several days with only 2 members with the ability. So far no Gate has fallen, they get chewed up at start, after that they can hold the gate using a constant flow of revive.

Comment

Exactly my point.

Comment

many guilds have members who bought it from the chest

Comment

I can't speak for all the other guilds, but ours is fighting 1-2 battles a day and several of our members had coins saved up, many with 10k or more in the bank waiting on the next wave of abilities.

I had nearly 11k myself. I did not buy the new cleric ability, but that has more to do with the fact that I rarely play that class than anything else.

Since I mostly play Warrior I bought that ability, but I'm thinking I will not enjoy that choice based on what I have seen of that ability's use (or uselessness in some cases). Next up I'll probably get either Poison or the new mage ability.

The key for new abilities isn't your guild's size so much as how active your players are in guild battles. Just from the battles my group fights, I can clear 1000 coins per week, not including festival battles. Then again, I could be considered a GvG psychotic, and should probably not be used as an example.
          Keep (for those interested)
          http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...00000538052975

Comment

I cleared Wrath chest, so I have it. And as we now got new skills, I assumed no more new skills are coming soon (expecting them in about half a year) and thus I spent my saved gc just to collect guild shop skills for classes I don't usually play.

Those who've been battling for a good while probably have some coins saved. Those who're just starting have hard time: they have no gc banked, and it'll take them a while to just get first tier skills of their choosing, resistances, and deianira.
            WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

Comment

I was shocked a few days ago to find that almost the entire opposing guild had the ability already! About 90 players.

Really wondered how it was possible so quickly, but if they had ALL saved their coins, maybe . . . . After all, there are new skills release periodically.

Comment

My guild has less than 50 and we are still pretty well off and we all had enough coins to buy 3 or 4 of the new abilities. Because we save our coins for skills worth getting. Should we split in half too?

Btw, gb's are matched based on your overall points. If you're a new guild you're going to get more crap battles. If you're a long time guild that's active with a lot of points you're going to be matched with longer running guilds who are equally or more active too. More often than not anyway.
                Last edited by lionheart555; 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Rose View Post
                  I was shocked a few days ago to find that almost the entire opposing guild had the ability already! About 90 players.

Really wondered how it was possible so quickly, but if they had ALL saved their coins, maybe . . . . After all, there are new skills release periodically.
                  Revive can be cast on anyone, not just the caster. Most likely it wasn't everyone who had it, just a few who spread it around.

Comment

I did not expect this discussion in a thread titled Golden Umbrella. I thought it would have something to with 'showers'
                    Chimوra

Comment

This is easy ... CA wants to do everything they can to encourage you to get more people to play their game. That means the game will always encourage you to build your army up. Fact of life.

Comment

Mytch said:

Revive can be cast on anyone, not just the caster. Most likely it wasn't everyone who had it, just a few who spread it around.
                        Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes a lot more sense!

Comment

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post
                          I did not expect this discussion in a thread titled Golden Umbrella. I thought it would have something to with 'showers'
                          I feel better now, not being the only one thinking that

Originally posted by Tass
                          1. We haven't been updating PVP much and have been going out of our way to drive traffic away from PVP toward other features for about 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post
                            I almost posted nearly that exact same line 12hrs ago, typed it three times re-wording it then decided, nah, bad even for THIS forum
                            http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...ser=1561746937

Comment

Sry Golden Umbrella was my simile for super protection.

Our guild is abt 9 mos old. Our size stays around 45 to 50 and the majority of us are in North America and a few in Asia. We tried the 2 battle times a few times, but when we only got big guilds with really high level players early in the morning (pdt). And we don't do much better any other time of day. Even our FB's we were out sized and numbered numerous times but we managed to make it up to Alpha and back down abt 6 times. When we started getting guilds who had already won the top prize, we just said screw it. The other night we got a decent fight because we got a 99 member guild who knew they were going to win no because of the difference between our guild size. They may have used a few abilities, but not enough that they were sitting on us. So we all just attacked and in the end, we had taken out 56 of them and they had taken out 32. final score 14, theirs 43. We had a few more active but 8 of them were under lvl 100 and they won but we still felt good. So if we do fewer battles and have fewer points do we get matched with those who do more battles and have more pts? If so, how does that encourage?? So, we're undersized, under played, under equipt so does CA just want us all to just go away? Why have levels if you don't count until you're big??

Comment

Working...
                              X