Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

The frustration with the devs lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The frustration with the devs lately

Here is how I see the new uprising against Devs.

I had to edit this post and change the text in it and make a new thread because our beloved SDHawk closed the other one, with the excuse of the same post being in another thread. "Spam?"

So I edited and deleted that post, you can also delete the locked topic.

Now with the freedom of speech, I'll speak my mind if you don't mind. I am hoping you won't find another excuse to close this thread as well, unless you are afraid of the responses it will get and make more people awake to the situation with CA.

I still don't get why you would close it but anyways here it goes.

People are frustrated at devs for many things and the biggest part of that frustration comes from devs turning more and more greedy as the days pass.

Customers have been complaining about how they want the devs to stop releasing new monsters, new content so fast.. and work on the broken content instead. From PvP'ers to Monster hunters, from oldest players to newest ones agree on this as far as I see on the forums.

But in the other hand what devs all care about is how they can milk some more money out of their customers wallets.

So that frustrates the players and make them unhappy with the product and it causes people to become more and more bitter about this game and start looking for flaws to bring out their frustration on the table. When people get that way, they will ignore every positivity and only start seeing the negativity. Glass half empty stuff.

I honestly think that devs are insensitive and became extremely greedy and cheeky.

Anyway no one is forcing anyone to play this game and if people don't like the game, they are free to leave..
    But to some of us have invested a lot of time and money in this game. It's very natural that people want this game to get better, not worse day by day.
    But sadly, it's only going to get worse at this rate.

Well I stopped buying FP like 6-7 months ago and never will again.
    I was gladly donating some money to the game when they were not so greedy and it was NOT required to pay to play..

I mean I was buying FP constantly to support the game when I did NOT NEED that FP.. But now they made me NEED it to achieve some stuff, that changed my whole view on the game.. I'd still be paying a lot of $$ to this game voluntarily, but when it turns from voluntarily to requirement to achieve some stuff then wow.. stop right there.. This is a frigging game.

With the new monsters, arena and many other things, they made it obvious that only the paying customers will be rewarded from some certain new content they keep adding.
    Especially the new monsters.

So yeah.. You were making MORE money when you were NOT intending to make money.. Now that your intentions turned into that direction, your customers are frustrated.

When you let players voluntarily pay you because they think you are doing a good job, you get better results.. than trying to make it a requirement to get some certain stuff. This is not real life, this is a game..

The summary of this post is : Greed turns people off. Plain and simple.

Discuss.
    Flame.
    Chain.
    Bookmark.

Originally posted by Asulgard View Post
    Here is how I see the new uprising against Devs.

I had to edit this post and change the text in it and make a new thread because our beloved SDHawk closed the other one, with the excuse of the same post being in another thread. "Spam?"

Now with the freedom of speech, I'll speak my mind if you don't mind. I am hoping you won't find another excuse to close this thread as well, unless you are afraid of the responses it will get and make more people awake to the situation with CA.

I still don't get why you would close it but anyways here it goes.
    Maybe because there is no such thing as freedom of speech in the forum rules. Dont recall this in any forums actually or any BBS for that matter either.

As to your actual topic .. I am not so sure I totally agree with you. Yes it can give that impression, but I am not so sure the dev's intention has changed any more since the beginning. They have always been producing a game for profit, they always will. While at the same time providing an enjoyable game. Yes for you, you might pay more but this does not mean everyone else would have.
    Hawkster

Comment

well, they can make castle age a paid game instead and make everyone be able to use everything in the game instead.

if I were to pay 20+ dollars to a game every month, I would play "world of w..." (I am guessing you understand the name of the game). instead of castle age

arena 4 proves this game is "only" focused on paying players to advance. I am getting lost even when reading those new abilities and what they do, yet for me it is impossible to have them as I dont pay,
      the only thing left in the game you can be good at without paying is battling. even war needs a war council and once you reach the mid tiers, all your opponents have chest generals which are impossible to beat with regular ones...

the very basic battle function of the game is free yes. the rest of the game is not. which " does not provide an enjoyable game " anymore

I play the game since there were only dragons to hunt.
      it did not matter if you were a monster hunter or a pvp er. then they slowly changed the game as you had to be a monster hunter instead of a pvp er. then once again they changed the game into this guild battle type of game, for which (talking for the enjoyable game aspect of the message) if my understanding of enjoying a game is, getting beaten asap because I dont have the fancy paid stuff, or because I can't damage any opponents who are my level but I built my char as a monster hunter and my actual stats are not relevant for what I do now so I again have to pay to get them better, then the game is so fun atm. but if I dont enjoy this, then the game is absolutely not enjoyable as it was before. I payed for browser games before and payed once for castle age. but paying on a regular basis to keep going is not fun for a supposedly free game
      Last edited by aygung; 08-12-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unique1267 View Post
        Maybe because there is no such thing as freedom of speech in the forum rules. Dont recall this in any forums actually or any BBS for that matter either.

As to your actual topic .. I am not so sure I totally agree with you. Yes it can give that impression, but I am not so sure the dev's intention has changed any more since the beginning. They have always been producing a game for profit, they always will. While at the same time providing an enjoyable game. Yes for you, you might pay more but this does not mean everyone else would have.
        You are correct, there is no freedom of speech in the forum. It's a private entity subject to random, high-handed, tolatanian moderation. As to the O.P.'s topic, you both have a point, C.A. is a business, and like any business it exists to make make money for the owners. Having said that wider and wider swaths of the game are now out of reach to free players and, not to sound like a conspiaracy theorist, I think it's quite possibly by design. To some extent more players does equal more money but if the devs can pare the game down from 1 million total players with 20,000 regular substantial FP buyers to 50,000 total players with 15,000 regular substantial FP buyers their server load is less, costs are less, and income remains nearly the same.

Comment

Or build and test features first before releasing it to the public and gain more players, keep the hardcore payers, gain more casual payers. Get your numbers up, come up with a solid business plan, get investors. Build a larger development/business team. Make more different games. Get more players, yada yada. Zynga did it. They can too. CA is far better than 90% of it's clones out there(even CA is a clone of earlier games).

Stable products with regular updates both directional(explaining new features) and content makes solid business, and money.

Comment

the best solution for CA would be as follows:

new interface with big red "attack again" button ... should be full screen

you click it until your finger hurts

then you log off, you can log in again when you feel a need for it

EDIT: or what Solkyro said in post above mine
            Last edited by Kuko; 08-12-2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Forum Rules state:
              Also, cross-posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.

Forum Rules also state:
              Posts discussing moderator actions within the forum are also not allowed.

Please read the Forum Rules, and if you still have further questions about why something was locked, deleted or alter, please PM an appropriate moderator to inquire about it.

Comment

Originally posted by aygung View Post
                ....the only thing left in the game you can be good at without paying is battling....
                agree. and also guild battle... (you can still purchase skill in free FP-Guild Shop), maybe... that's the reason why i'm still in the game
                T Eques

Comment

I have a moderate view on this. I understand the OP's frustration and if i was FORCED to pay to maintain my current level of activity and play, as well to do what i enjoy (monster hunting) i probably would quit. It's a very big difference psychologically from choosing to give cash and being forced to in order to have some entertainment.

But, that being said. I am a business person and i think that CA has made alot of bad business decisions, I'm also a certified computer programmer and technician. I've looked at the HTML they spit out and it's messy and not professional, their actions are amateur in a business sense, so one can honestly conclude with almost certainty that CA is an amateur outlet that got lucky when a massive user base fell in love with the game and created a community around it, and it's the community/friends/alliances that maintains the game and feeds the dev's pockets, not the product itself which is average at best.
                  [May 11 2011]‡Justin‡ ≈W۞C♦€S≈ landed a CRITICAL HIT on Cronus, The World Hydra hitting them for an UNGODLY amount of Damage[21,087,602]!

Draconian in #CastleAge. If anyone says otherwise, they are a lying poppyc*ck

Comment

I just wish the devs would either test their updates to make sure they work as intended when they are released or fix any bugs within a day of release if they released something that did not work

I believe mirror image/illusion which was released with the wrath chest is currently broken, it must do something other than give you a pink icon right??!?

The call of heroes nonsense also leaves a bad taste, it's been 3 days since it was released and still it has not been fixed.

As for you being forced to buy FP to farm the new monsters. actually you don't. For example the latest monster Malekus gives you 1 week to kill him. with 1000 stamina you can easily deal 10 million or more in 1 week. this will net you at least 1 epic. Sure you are not going to get that shiny new amulet alchemy anytime soon but that's where the fp would come in.
                    Alternatively you can farm FP killing serpents, dragons or skarr. On average for 1000 stamina you should get about 5FP for your trouble. It will be a slow grind but you don't need to buy FP.
                    Last edited by Ryofu; 08-12-2011, 09:54 AM.
                    High King, High Warchief, Fighter, Season 1 Legend, Season 2 Alpha Vanguard, Season 3 Alpha Annilator, Season 4 Alpha Vanguard, Season 5 Alpha Vanguard

Comment

no-one is forced to pay anything.

if you're that elitist that you need to keep up with the speed that content is released... then that's your problem not mine. Nor anyone else's.

No one forces anyone to buy hoards of fp's - players take that decision themselves. if the players were fed up with the devs schedule - they'd stop buying fp's forever. none of this silly 1 day strike and then buy double the amount the next day to make up for it. So long as the green flows in the devs will make ever larger and more expensive monsters for you to hunt.

good luck. I haven't started on giants yet.
                      | Some noob, noobing about. Chain me |
                      | Keep Links | FaceBook or Web3 |
                      | The Unicorn Gym |

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger The Hutt View Post
                        no-one is forced to pay anything.

if you're that elitist that you need to keep up with the speed that content is released... then that's your problem not mine. Nor anyone else's.

No one forces anyone to buy hoards of fp's - players take that decision themselves. if the players were fed up with the devs schedule - they'd stop buying fp's forever. none of this silly 1 day strike and then buy double the amount the next day to make up for it. So long as the green flows in the devs will make ever larger and more expensive monsters for you to hunt.

good luck. I haven't started on giants yet.
                        I've just started on Cronus, bar the occasional slow kill

Comment

I agree 100%.
                          Last edited by Koobie; 08-12-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverx View Post
                            I'm also a certified computer programmer and technician. I've looked at the HTML they spit out and it's messy and not professional
                            that's some certification, if you can look at HTML generated by PHP script and make statements

I rather if they improve functionality of their PHP code (among other scripts) than just fix how PHP script formats final HTML output

Comment

Now with the freedom of speech, I'll speak my mind if you don't mind.
                              Typically I stop reading whenever anyone posts that, because in my experience, nothing worth reading ever follows a silly line like that.

I think this image from Elf Only Inn explains it the best (just replace chat room with forum).

Last edited by MajorTomSawyer; 08-12-2011, 11:19 AM.

Webmaster of Gaming Nerds Я Us!
                              Tired of the same dull, and drama filled guild? Join the greatest Pseudo-Guild-Type-Thing Ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X