X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiknchikn
    Castle Age Count/Countess
    • Feb 2010

Easy formula to get the net difference in effective att/def with xira/halcyon.

Xira: defense stat * 0.075
    Halcyon: attack stat * 0.075
    Fear the Legendary Ninja Poultry.
    The Ninja Poultry laughs at you.

Comment

• Defyeler
      Castle Age Duke/Duchess
      • Oct 2009

You guys hate my unabridged version don't you?

Comment

• thomasj8
        • Nov 2009

Fluffy - I believe the transfer is done before the .7, because your actual stats are altered on the stat page, just like when a general alters stam or energy, etc.
        Chimوra

Comment

• Synelle
          Keeper of Lore
          • Dec 2009

It alters your base stats so that would apply before calculations.

Example - 1000 attack, 1000 defense normally means 1700 attack or defense

Applying Xira means you will have 1250 attack and 750 defense meaning 1775 total attack score. (reverse for Halcyon)

The net gain isn't a lot but its significant for a 50/50 situation.

Comment

• thomasj8
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Synelle View Post
            It alters your base stats so that would apply before calculations.

Example - 1000 attack, 1000 defense normally means 1700 attack or defense

Applying Xira means you will have 1250 attack and 750 defense meaning 1775 total attack score. (reverse for Halcyon)

The net gain isn't a lot but its significant for a 50/50 situation.
            Actually, the net gain is the least for a 50/50 :/

If someone is 1000/1000 their eff def is 1700. Using Halcyon their eff def is 1,775, which is a 4.4% increase

If someone is 1500/500 their eff def is 1,550. Using Halcyon their eff def is 1662.5, which is a 7.25% increase
            Chimوra

Comment

• zserg
              Castle Age Prince/Princess
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post
              Actually, the net gain is the least for a 50/50 :/

If someone is 1000/1000 their eff def is 1700. Using Halcyon their eff def is 1,775, which is a 4.4% increase

If someone is 1500/500 their eff def is 1,550. Using Halcyon their eff def is 1662.5, which is a 7.25% increase
              I think synelle meant that in case of a balanced fight(50/50) halcyon and xira might be very helpful to swing the results in your favor
              Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
              New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

• thomasj8
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by zserg View Post
                I think synelle meant that in case of a balanced fight(50/50) halcyon and xira might be very helpful to swing the results in your favor
                All I have to say is...
                Chimوra

Comment

• Moi
                  Castle Age Royalty
                  • Aug 2010

This is so simple, for every 1000 attack or defense, your total resulting attack or defense will increase by 75. So you do the math

1728 attack and 821 defense

1728/1000*75 = 129,6 extra defense
                  821/1000*75 = 61,6 extra attack

So yes they are better then all other generals if you have a significant high enough ammount of stats. Only corvin could be competitive with them and you'd need a LOAD of health.
                  Keep Dont chain me bro!

Comment

• J.Smullins
                    Castle Age Royalty
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Moi View Post
                    This is so simple, for every 1000 attack or defense, your total resulting attack or defense will increase by 75. So you do the math

1728 attack and 821 defense

1728/1000*75 = 129,6 extra defense
                    821/1000*75 = 61,6 extra attack

So yes they are better then all other generals if you have a significant high enough ammount of stats. Only corvin could be competitive with them and you'd need a LOAD of health.
                    I know how the 25% works.

Bigger question I had was ( I think answered best we can ) is if the devs did the .70 before or after the swap. One never knows for sure with them.
                     integrity -adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
                    honesty-1.the quality or fact of being honest; uprightness and fairness.
                    2.truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness.
                    3.freedom from deceit or fraud.

Comment

• foxgamp
                      Castle Age Scribe
                      • Mar 2010

a very easy way to calculate how much either of the conversion generals add to your total att or def stat is simply taking the bonus they give (as shown on the stats page) and multiply it by .3

Comment

• The Flirt
                        Castle Age Knight
                        • Nov 2010

So if I have 400 Def, it transfers 100.. Of that 0.7 Was gonna count, so I gained.. 30 points?

I use her.. But I might get Aurora and use her instead..
                        Originally posted by AnjaFfm
                        Those who disagree are probably young people. With not much knowledge of history (also the history of the religion they call Christianity) and of human nature.
                        "ROTFL Flirt 1 hit and dead and I got this :P"
                        Battle Victory in Castle Age! DavidJ †ΛҜΩ AA ❂ CAGR is conquering the world of Castle Age and has won 100000 battles!

Comment

• J.Smullins
                          Castle Age Royalty
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by foxgamp View Post
                          a very easy way to calculate how much either of the conversion generals add to your total att or def stat is simply taking the bonus they give (as shown on the stats page) and multiply it by .3
                          I know the ways to calculate. Just wondered which way the devs were doing it. As I said I assumed after the swap which made the most sense but was never sure and know there are people who test these things that could answer and did.

Just some thing that I always wondered and finally had to ask. As it makes a huge difference in final eff attack and defense

Doing it after ( which would be the right way) makes halycon only slightly useful post gauntlet and Xira a better option since it really does not add a whole lot of eff attack or defense compared to what raw numbers they swap.

This is why I never saw either general as a game breaker like some did.
                           integrity -adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

• thomasj8
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by J.Smullins View Post
                            Doing it after ( which would be the right way) makes halycon only slightly useful post gauntlet and Xira a better option since it really does not add a whole lot of eff attack or defense compared to what raw numbers they swap.

This is why I never saw either general as a game breaker like some did.
                            I agree neither is a game changer, but really, is any general a game changer for PvP? Halcyon and Xira can help if you are relatively close to an opponent in effective att/def. They are at their most effective with extreme builds. For me they are far better than Corvy, but I rarely use them. I use Adriana for defense on War
                            Chimوra

Comment

• J.Smullins
                              Castle Age Royalty
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post
                              I agree neither is a game changer, but really, is any general a game changer for PvP? Halcyon and Xira can help if you are relatively close to an opponent in effective att/def. They are at their most effective with extreme builds. For me they are far better than Corvy, but I rarely use them. I use Adriana for defense on War
                              Agreed. pre gauntlet Haly served me well now post gauntlet Adriana serves me far better.

Comment

• Recab
                                Castle Age Royalty
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by J.Smullins View Post
                                At the risk of earning noob points

Does any body know if the stat swap is done before or after the *.7 is done?
                                +10 NP's for this noob
                                Recabasaurus; High Dinosaur King and Lazy Piggy Lieutenant Warchief of PVPVM

Comment

Working...
                                X