Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Official: Castle Age policy to cheaters and such

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Castle Age policy to cheaters and such

If your account's stats are at 0, you have been SUSPENDED (or we are trying to get your attention). Read: NOT banned.

Notification: I have not unsuspend any suspended accounts in quite some time. Most players, if suspended, delete their Facebook accounts anyways, since you are most likely cheating. If your account is being suspended, this means that your account data is still stored somewhere. Your account could have the possibility of being unsuspended at my sole discretion, but you are at the very bottom of my to-do list with everything else that is going on.

If your account say Account Banned. Please don't even bother staying, we erased your account stats and will not be restoring it at all. You are banned permanently. Please play somewhere else.

There are several reasons, including, but not limited to:
    1.) You were either scripting, exploited features, basically cheating stuff
    2.) Physically or verbal threatening messages - we take this seriously. Castle Age is supposed to be fun. I will not tolerate messages that sounds like this: "I will kill your dog for chaining me." I love dogs.
    3.) Advertising or publishing spam/fraudulent links.
    4*.) URL hacking - obtaining non-publicly displayed information to specifically attack or gain advantage unfairly, including but not limited to War URL hacking, Festival Duels, and etc.
    5.) Evidence of using alternate accounts
    6.) Breaking Castle Age's Terms of Service (including, but not limited to, exploiting defensive wins)
    7.) Festival Duel links hacking

-If you advertise or pass on these links, you will receive an initial warning. After which, we will suspend you for a period of time until the links are removed and no further links are present.

-If we discovered that fraudulent activities occur in which you either participated or caused, especially when it has to do with personal or financial information, your account will be banned permanently.
    -Its such a long time because because, quite frankly, you cheated. You should not have higher priority compared to legit users who require troubleshooting/Support. It is also an extremely TEDIOUS process DO NOT because I need to go back and calculate your stats so I can set them back correctly.

If previously restored (from suspension) accounts are shown to be cheating or harassing again, I swing my Ban Hammer. Permanently. Doesn't matter how much you have invested in Castle Age or how long you played. It's final. I don't want cheaters to ruin the game for everyone else.

I believe this policy is pretty fair. Basically don't cheat and don't threaten other people. Be respectful to each other. Most importantly, Castle Age is a game, and you should be having fun. If you aren't having fun or if you aren't being respectful, there's the door.

Phew, thanks for reading!

Edit: I want to add a bit more about alternate accounts.

I will also suspend any alternate accounts found. They are not allowed under Facebook's ToS. I usually set all of your stats to 0 to get your attention. Send a Support ticket and we will restore your main account ONLY. The rest of your other/alt. accounts are not restored.

Edit #2: If you are suspended, and you haven't done anything considered as "cheating", but you are a Guild Master. It is because your guild contains mostly, if not all, are either alternate/illegal/cheating accounts.

*modified to #4 to be more broad
    Last edited by Kori.Maggotte; 08-16-2011, 12:14 AM. Reason: added Festival Duels links hacking, edit #4 to be more broad, added notification
    Kori

Thank you so much for this Kori +10000000000!

Comment

Thanks for the sticky...the law is getting laid down...and I love it!
      ⚡️FURY KNIGHT⚡️
      .......lvl 1.5k
      .....2ke | 2ks
      ..367h | bsi 7.2
      Originally posted by Luxor The Moonprince
      Add's do not ever affect your BSI.
      BSI is your bragging rights.

Comment

Thanks for the sticky on this topic Kori!!

Comment

Kori Power!!!!!!!! Cheaters, STOP cheating now, and you might be safe. Probably not, but at least you have a chance of avoiding the big 0 .

Comment

Originally posted by Kori.Maggotte View Post
            I will not tolerate messages that sounds like this: "I will kill your dog for chaining me." I love dogs.
            +1 But what about cats? Are cats ok to kill?

*bows to Kori* YES! Actual rules!! Thank you!

Comment

I love this!!! makes the game so much more enjoyable
              level 317, King, Master Warguard, Arena 1 Legend, Arena 2 Hero, Arena 3 Hero
              PvPvM

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonomine View Post
                +1 But what about cats? Are cats ok to kill?

*bows to Kori* YES! Actual rules!! Thank you!
                Haha no! Cats, while not as cool as dog, are still great!
                Kori

Comment

Thank you so much Kori!!!

this will make the game more fun for everyone!

what about killing a cactus? or a monkey with penelope?

Edit: Hey since my army has not sent me enough gifts and i only have 90 eggs can you send me 10 so i can get my 30 fps and then let me roll and get Xira or Halcyon?

kthnxbaii
                  Last edited by Shadow Elf; 10-22-2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Wow...much needed. Thanks is in order.

Comment

If your account's stats are at 0, you have been SUSPENDED. Read: NOT banned.
                      Tahnk you for posting the rules. Now we are getting somewhere. I want to ply this game with my grandchildren.
                      If I get married that is.
                      Phew, thanks for reading!
                      We do that a lot actually.

_Find the Keep

Comment

Now if I can only get Kori to set all my wins/losses and kills and such to 0 for um... being naughty? I'd be able to confuse everyone. They would see a HK with 0 wins and 0 losses and start scratching their heads. :-p

That or set my attack to 10,000 as punishment...
                        CA Link Guide | Questions? Look Here First | Forum Rules | CA Quick Facts
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Castle Age General Chat | BP Donations Welcome | Leave My Army | Rejoin My Army

Comment

Thanks!
                          [CENTER] I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

clear! thank you for this.
                            new forum sig in the works, so this one will have to do http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...user=770661508

Comment

Thanks so much Kori

Comment

Working...
                              X