Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Tired of the errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of the errors

4th day straight of non stop errors. White screens, broken links, locked up reload screens. Freezing, not being able to accept gifts, Not being able to fight dragons Wrong links coming up on call to arms post. many more, too many to list! I love the updates, I love the new content, if it means that I can't play the game though, then you can keep it!!! Please fix this game soon.
    Want a fast add? Click here to add friend>>> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...22&ref=profile Then come back and click here to join armies Come join me in Castle Age! http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...15625322&buf=1

I agree. Castle Age has been UNBELIEVABLY buggy the last few days.

Comment

Ditto, I agree with everything you have said. I am getting so frustrated with having to try a dozen times through different links to get into CA and then having to refresh without sucess everytime I open a new page

Comment

I don't mind bearing with them while they work out the bugs. The new content is really awesome, and worth a little bit of extra patience.

Comment

Worth a little bit of patience? Oh please. Ever since I began playing Castle Age or any of the Facebook games, I've always gotten White Pages, Page Load Errors, Slow Page Reloads, etc. Many times the page never reloads at all and even if you try again, you can't get to where you want to go.

I'm sick of all the Facebook applications. They've had months to fix these annoying bugs and have done absolutely NOTHING! Oh, but they expect you to spend your real-life money on Favor Points and other useless crap.

Castle Age used to be one of the better applications in the Facebook family, but no more. Now Castle Age is probably the worst. I can't even get to my Castle Age Home Page most of the time to get my Demi Power Points.

I find myself not even logging in to Castle Age anymore and who wants to spend an hour or more selecting all those useless gifts. No thank you. They have ruined a once great game by continually adding buggy elements which not only slow the game down but make it less fun to play.
          Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Comment

Of course it sucks! Everything sucks!

I expect nothing but negativity from these message boards. Perhaps you should quit playing.

Comment

Right there with ya. Even though the new stuff is great, would help if I could simply play the game.
              However I would like to point out I usually don't have this problem with the other apps I use on FB, just this one. CA is my favorite but this constant delay, especially now that they have added a time sensitive element, is incredibly frustrating.
              Please fix what is wrong so that I can fully enjoy this app again.
              Last edited by Logret; 09-23-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Hehe, I was actually being facetious.

The developers will work the bugs out. They'll figure it out, but they need a little time to figure it out.

I'm okay with that, since the additional content is really cool. Considering the costs associated to create a program like this, it's a tremendous benefit to still be able to play this game for free. If enough people pay for favor points, the developers will make enough money to hire more programmers and the bugs will be fixed that much sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dayman107 View Post
                  Hehe, I was actually being facetious.

The developers will work the bugs out. They'll figure it out, but they need a little time to figure it out.

I'm okay with that, since the additional content is really cool. Considering the costs associated to create a program like this, it's a tremendous benefit to still be able to play this game for free. If enough people pay for favor points, the developers will make enough money to hire more programmers and the bugs will be fixed that much sooner.
                  Why would anyone pay a single dime for a game that is unplayable. I'm glad you're such an optimist, Dayman, believing that the devs will iron out the bugs. None of the other FB games, including Castle Age, have ironed out a single bug; and if you write to them about the errors, they just send you a generic reply and nothing is ever done about the bugs. They have plenty of time and resources to implement game-slowing extras but never correct a single error!

You are correct Dayman, I have quit playing Castle Age and I believe many more people will too when they realize they can't even access the Castle Age Home Page to get their Demi Power points and rewards. I get more white pages and page load errors than actual Castle Age pages. That makes the game unplayable!

When I first started playing Castle Age a few months ago it worked better than most of the other FB apps. Now, for the last couple of weeks, when they initiated the new Battle System, it has become just awful.

Why would the developers implement another memory gobbling element like the Dragon Monsters when they haven't even fixed the bugs associated with the Battle System?

So far I have quit playing the following FB applications due to page load errors and other bugs which render these games unplayable and no fun: Robin Hood, Castle Age, Pirates, Farmville, Farm Town, Age of Chivalry, Guardians of Light, Realm of Shadows, School of Magic, Dragon Wars, & Lil Green Patch.

Comment

so if you quit playing, why do you feel the need to come here and complain about it?

this game is not even a year old. they are still updating and making changes. of course there are going to be issues. one could also learn to deal with it, and think of how far a head of the curve they will be when it is all done.

or not.
                    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" Mark Twain

Comment

Buggy and Miserable at this point

Between the gift receipt process that takes at nearly 1 minute per gift, the battle screen, and now the dragon; lets just say that this game is quickly becoming one of the worst.

I thought I would give Castle Age the benefit of the doubt. Yesterday FB was having problems so to make up for it I and hopefully kill the stupid dragon within the time limit I would just buy some points and spend it on stamina. I spent $50 in real dollars, should be plenty one would think. But nope, not even close.

There is now less than 12 hours less since I was unable to access the game even once yesterday. I have expended every bit of the energy purchased and each time I leveled up I increased my stamina first to give me even a better shot at this. Despite all of this effort and the effort of others, despite nearly 1,000,000 points damage on the gold dragon he is barely half way dead.

It is 11:17 pm time for bed. So I guess he won't die. I won't spend any more real money on this game, not to make up for facebook bugs or the game bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by jletcher18 View Post
                        so if you quit playing, why do you feel the need to come here and complain about it?

this game is not even a year old. they are still updating and making changes. of course there are going to be issues. one could also learn to deal with it, and think of how far a head of the curve they will be when it is all done.

or not.
                        I come here to vent my concerns because Castle Age used to be my favorite FB game. Maybe if enough people complain instead of making excuses for them, like you're doing, they might actually fix something.

So this game isn't even a year old yet. I find it ironic that Castle Age (and all of the Facebook apps.) are so outrageously buggy; but they still keep on hounding everyone to invite people to play. And then to add insult to injury, they expect us to pay real money for games that aren't finished and of shoddy quality?

One more question 'letch' … Why in the world are the developers and programmers of Castle Age implementing new elements when the previous bugs, errors and glitches haven't been fixed yet? Answer that, or are you gonna make some more excuses for Castle Age's increased shoddy quality in the last few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Anne View Post
                          So this game isn't even a year old yet.
                          Enough said.

For someone who's handle mentions respect, you seem awfully negative about everything. How much money have you spent on these games? If you haven't spent any money, then you really have no right to complain.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Comment

Dayman, Your Sucking Up Makes Me Sick!

Originally posted by Dayman107 View Post
                            Enough said.

For someone who's handle mentions respect, you seem awfully negative about everything. How much money have you spent on these games? If you haven't spent any money, then you really have no right to complain.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
                            Oh, like I'm gonna spend money on a game that is so totally buggy and unplayable! I've spent many a dollar on games that were playable and fun to play. None of the Facebook games even come close to that!

Respect has to be earned; and so far NONE of the Facebook games have even come close to earning anyone's respect! They are all unfinished and full of bugs.

Blah! What do you work for Facebook or one of the completely horrendous games which have the nerve to ask people for money … but then only deliver a shoddy product. You are a THIEF! Anyone who pays to play your buggy, glitchy, error ridden games is a fool!

Don't confuse respect with outrage. I am outraged with most of the lousy Facebook applications. They want to rob people of their money; but aren't willing to produce a product worth buying.
                            Last edited by Mursilis; 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM. Reason: show respect for others

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Anne View Post
                              They want to rob people of their money; but aren't willing to produce a product worth buying.
                              Actually, in general, the games themselves have been rather nice about not requiring people to buy anything to play and advance in the game, no matter what random players say. I think it's only the insecure people who are spending more money that they think they should that want to make you feel bad about not spending money on the game. I completely agree that you shouldn't be spending money on any Facebook apps unless it's really worth it to you.

I've been hanging around the boards, and it does sound to me like the developers are doing what they can to fix the problems. It's just that intermittent load issues, especially when they cross independent layers (like between Facebook and the app) are very hard problems to solve for various reasons.

And, in general, there is no true "fix" or "solution" to the load problems. It's a constantly escalating arms race: sometimes you're ahead of the load problems, but for any successful server app, load problems are always getting bigger and bigger, and any fix only slows down or delays the growing load from impacting the users for just a little while longer. Every sufficiently interactive, successful, and secure online game will eventually encounter problems because there are only a few developers trying to hold back the problems compared to the thousands or millions of people fueling the amassing load.

It's just the way the world of massively multiplayer online games and services work. Games you pay money for are more likely to have the resources to stay ahead of the growing load, but that's not always true. Even with all the money poured into Rock Band Beatles, for example, their servers are constantly having load problems. And frankly, it's probably a whole lot more fun to add features like dragon battles. When you come out with a new feature, you're going to get tons of feedback. Positive or negative, people are very obvious and vocal about noticing, appreciating, interacting with the new feature, and that's rewarding. They will acknowledge that you exist and that you're working hard. When you spend the time staying ahead of the load problems, people take it for granted. It's less rewarding than than being a janitor. If there aren't load problems / if things are clean, then nobody notices that you exist at all, and they have no idea how hard you're working to stay ahead of the load. If there are load problems / if there's trash everywhere, then everybody's upset. The only time people will praise you for doing a good job is that if there's litter all over the place one day and then everything is clean the next.
                              Last edited by Falco; 09-24-2009, 06:33 AM.
                              Just another Castle Age player
                              army code: D422AE

Comment

Working...
                              X