• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manekoneko
    Castle Age Scribe
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Recab View Post
    Start preparing for Arena Season 2.

WHAT!!!!! I hate it not because it's not fun, but because now I have to make a choice...spend all my time fighting Arena or missing out on the good loot. I admit I'm slow but I'm only just now recovering. Ruined my entire CA social network.

It had better be different. But yes, somehow War will be incorporated.

Comment

• Draconus
      Castle Age Baron/Baroness
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by King Hrothbeort View Post
      Fight monsters to gear up until the next tier is released.

GUARD TIER
      Rank 7 - Blackguard 3000 skill points
      Rank 8 - Warguard 5000 skill points
      Rank 9 - Master Warguard 7500
      Arcane Blast (Magic, 4/4)
      Web3 High King ATM FB High King ATM

Comment

• King Hrothbeort
        • Oct 2009

D'oh didn't get any more useful gear yet!
        * Stealth Moderator *

Comment

• Draconus
          • Dec 2009

Arcane Blast is 1 Attack, 1 Defense stronger then Champions Aura and I have little doubt it will be far less expensive to purchase.

Comment

• bad_pathing
            Castle Age Royalty
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by King Hrothbeort View Post
            D'oh didn't get any more useful gear yet!
            I'm not sure how a 33% increase in stats over the existing purchasable spell is not a useful upgrade. Esp if it has no upkeep. Also, having a second item to backfill spells with means a LOT less in the outright cost considering the new item starts at 0 (as in, initial cost).

Comment

• Jehann
              Castle Age Viscount/Viscoutess
              • Aug 2009

It's pretty disappointing if you already have access to Royal Seals.
              [CENTER] I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

• Defyeler
                Castle Age Duke/Duchess
                • Oct 2009

But its only the 3rd purchasable item. Compared to the regular PvP's 3rd ranked item, it rocks.

Imagine a rank 21 item.. would kick Kings Crown's ass!

Comment

• Draconus
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Jehann View Post
                  True, but for the rest of us it counts as a cut rate upgrade that really is an upgrade. Magic, for the most part, charges no upkeep anyway. But a 33% improvement at a lower cost is still a 33% improvement at a lower cost. Those already having 400 or more Royal Seals may be somewhat less impressed, but the percentage of CA players having those Royal Seals is rather low when compared to the total population.

Comment

• Jehann
                    Castle Age Viscount/Viscoutess
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Draconus View Post
                    True, but for the rest of us it counts as a cut rate upgrade that really is an upgrade. Magic, for the most part, charges no upkeep anyway. But a 33% improvement at a lower cost is still a 33% improvement at a lower cost. Those already having 400 or more Royal Seals may be somewhat less impressed, but the percentage of CA players having those Royal Seals is rather low when compared to the total population.
                    Yeah, but I'm in a glass half-empty kinda mood today.
                    [CENTER] I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

• Recab
                      Castle Age Royalty
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Draconus View Post
                      This.

I for one am happy about this. I still need around 250 Royal Seals and this will give me a cheap alternative for about 100 of those.
                      Recabasaurus; High Dinosaur King and Lazy Piggy Lieutenant Warchief of PVPVM

Comment

• khanvalescent
                        Castle Age Royalty
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jehann View Post
                        Jehann is absolutely correct when the opportunity cost of war points vs battle points is analyzed from a pvper's perspective.

7500 war points means 7500 stamina if you win every time against someone your own level (10 war points per 10 stamina spent). 7500 stamina could provide 75000 battle points under the same conditions.

Not trying to whine or get the developers to change the rewards as war is intended hybrid players, and many of them do not have the motivation or ability to get the battle rewards.

Comment

• King Hrothbeort
                          • Oct 2009

Yeah, but what good are 75,000 more BP if you're already High King? You'll find me in the War.
                          * Stealth Moderator *

Comment

• Master Gamer
                            Castle Age Royalty
                            • Sep 2009

I would only use 12 of the Arcane Blasts were I able to buy them today with an army size of 521 ... and I could simply buy 12 more Royal Seals if I wanted them ... or eventually I will get enough drops from PvM.

Essentially the Barbarian Captains and the Arcane Blasts are useless to me .. I am using 317 of the Ornate Axes to equip my army of 521 though.

Like previously said once I hit High King (likely this week) I'll buy some number of High King Crowns and then BPs will be meaningless ... so I will PvM and go to War.

Comment

• khallendros
                              Commoner
                              • Jan 2010

Is the map in Land of Fire new?

Comment

• Master Gamer
                                Castle Age Royalty
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by khallendros View Post
                                Is the map in Land of Fire new?
                                Not in this release ... that happened in a previous release

Comment

Working...
                                X