Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Brian...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian...

A couple of days ago, I was attacked by a guy called "Brian". He beat me like 10-12 times in a row. Fought back and he was "too weak" of course. Nothinig wrong with that. Now, for the last three days, I´m getting visited by him pretty regularly. However... with a little twist.

I log on to CA once a day at different times. And whenever I logged on during the last three days, I instantly got attacked by him, 1-4 times each. And sure enough, he´s "too weak" every time I fight back just a couple of seconds after his attack.

Now, I`m very careful with script-accusations and stuff, but doesn´t that sound rather dubious to you? I can´t help but it doesn´t feel like a coincidence to me.

"Brian", lvl 178 High General

Quests Completed 3360
    Battles Won 12435
    Battles Lost 1557
    Times eliminated 20
    Times you eliminated an enemy 102

just complaint it to the dev, they will investigate, provide them prove from your battlelogs and their keep number..

Comment

deez screepts are showeeng up more and more freequentley

kill me pleez http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...ser=1012351934

Comment

These battles that makes one think the other as a "scripter" are becoming more and more common.

I've had one chain me around 10 times, so according to my ettiquite it was time to hit him back, but was too weak.
        So I waited. Even if it was a couple of days I ambushed him.

But see how you go. Complain, hit back, whatever is your cup of tea
        (Signature quote in the making)

"Ben", level 247
        BSI: 4.47...or something
        LSI: 3.36...probably

Comment

Originally posted by Drogga View Post
          just complaint it to the dev, they will investigate, provide them prove from your battlelogs and their keep number..
          I agree, if you are attacking the instant you login, regardless of when during the day it is then I'd report it and let the devs investigate.
          Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari

Comment

I could be wrong here, but I think it's through the contact link at the bottom of the CA screen.
            I don't always summon monsters, but when I do, I prefer to use Stone Guardian... Slay hydras my friends.

Remove me? Chain me for easy Rank 10 War Points.

Comment

Heh... thanks, I deleted my question because I think I found it.
              I just used the CastleAge FB site.

Comment

OK so... I reported him (with battle logs etc) and dropped him a FB message. This is the convo so far...

me:
                Hi there,

I just reported you to the Castle-Age devs for blattant and obvious script using. If you´re too lazy to play the game yourself, at least don´t user scripts that are soooo easy to spot.

have a nice day

Brian:
                Hi,
                I want to tell you that I invade you by manual. I have fun with that and I won't stop because you have done the same on me.
                Thank you for make me have fun.
                I think only the people who used scripts will think all the people using scripts. And you should know that you have been reported for many times, too.
                I have nothing lose to fight with an Earl like you. And I an glad to let you know that the members of my clan want to play with you.
                Please have fun.

me:
                I never chained you. I attack people from the list and that´s about it. If someone attacks me multiple times, I fight back for retaliation, that´s all. So I`m eager like a beaver to know who reported me and with what evidence or backup.

You on the other hand...
                Over the last couple of days, you instantly attacked me just a couple of seconds *each* time I logged on to CA. This is definitely NOT manually, because a. you don´t know when I log on and b. you´re always "too weak" after the attacks. Strange, isn´t it?

Anyways, report and battle logs are handed in to the devs, so just let them decide who´s right here, shall we.

Brian:
                You have attacked my 2 days 9 hours ago. It is the begining. I don't care you found me on the list or not. I just know you have chained me first.
                The feeling is so good that you really feet pain and do action.
                So, thank you very much again.

me:
                You obviously don´t know the difference between "attacking" and "chaining" and you still fail to see what exactly I´m talking about. I don´t care if you´re chaining me. You and your oh-so-mighty "clan" can chain me all day long if that´s what floats your boat and gives you a hard on´.

Automatic (=i.e. non-manual) attacks as soon as I log on are a different matter though, hence my report. Unless - of course - you´re sitting on your computer 24/7, hitting F5 and waiting for me to show up on CA.

But like I said, let the devs take a look at the case. I´m sure they know how to identify a script.

------------------------------------

so... this is going to be interesting methinks

Comment

*sigh* >_< I never get interesting messages...
                  but I guess its because i'm not into the bookmarking o.o;~ but I do repeated chain people that repeatedly chain me ;D~....but yeah....its not as dramatic...
                  I has a Ninja! So join Team RED!
                  !Team Red Members! Join our official group :]! And here is a special message just for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Forummers: I'm leaving Castle Age soon, so if you want to stay in touch, add me on facebook and leave a note saying that you are ____ from the forum (or occasionally send me a message here and there)~! Otherwise, happy CAing~ and it was fun talking to you guys ^^~!

Comment

I don't get these scripters... you would think they wouldn't want to be caught and wouldn't set up a script that attacks the second you log on

Originally posted by Nafiza View Post
                    *sigh* >_< I never get interesting messages...
                    but I guess its because i'm not into the bookmarking o.o;~ but I do repeated chain people that repeatedly chain me ;D~....but yeah....its not as dramatic...
                    Its OK, no one I attack ever sends me some love either
                    Fear the Legendary Ninja Poultry.
                    The Ninja Poultry laughs at you.

Comment

Originally posted by kiknchikn View Post
                      Its OK, no one I attack ever sends me some love either
                      LOL....man.....that would be hilarious

*inbox*
                      Message Subject: Hello
                      Message Content: Hello. You chained me several times earlier today. I would just like to say, I love you.

o.o; lolllllll~ I would be so confused as to how to respond lol~ ^^; but yeah~ I never get anything interesting...although I get a lot of inboxes asking me questions or telling me to beware of internet psychos/stalkers LOL T^T;;
                      !Team Red Members! Join our official group :]! And here is a special message just for you!

Forummers: I'm leaving Castle Age soon, so if you want to stay in touch, add me on facebook and leave a note saying that you are ____ from the forum (or occasionally send me a message here and there)~! Otherwise, happy CAing~ and it was fun talking to you guys ^^~!

Comment

mmm, that little conversation reminds me of the chain war I had a while back. Neither one of us were using scripts, but I was hitting the guy within minutes of him logging in, simply because I had the time and patience to do so. I basically parked in his keep and clicked every 5 minutes until I got a hit, then I chained him into the ground. I got bored after a while though and stopped, but it shows that there are persistent folks out there that will sit and wait for you, without using a script.
                        Remove | Add

Comment

Originally posted by Jain Zar View Post
                          but it shows that there are persistent folks out there that will sit and wait for you, without using a script.
                          lol~ persistent or just bored and annoyed and looking for some fun xD

Comment

Originally posted by Nafiza View Post
                            LOL....man.....that would be hilarious

*inbox*
                            Message Subject: Hello
                            Message Content: Hello. You chained me several times earlier today. I would just like to say, I love you.

o.o; lolllllll~ I would be so confused as to how to respond lol~ ^^; but yeah~ I never get anything interesting...although I get a lot of inboxes asking me questions or telling me to beware of internet psychos/stalkers LOL T^T;;
                            All I have to say to that is.... some people like it rough
                            Fear the Legendary Ninja Poultry.
                            The Ninja Poultry laughs at you.

Comment

Originally posted by kiknchikn View Post
                              All I have to say to that is.... some people like it rough
                              LOL
                              gosh....I just made the weirdest expression at work trying not to laugh out loud to that one. And yeah maybe~ ;o I will be waiting for the day a husky Russian man responds to you chaining him with that ;D~ I want screenshots of that one!

[where is al'Lan when I need him for entertainments sake?!]

Comment

Working...
                              X