Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Arena is for the PtPers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena is for the PtPers

So, if you're a FtPer like myself, there's something you need to know about Arena or any other major event that these so called "developers" do: you're going nowhere if you're not a PtPer. I have multiple accounts at wildly different levels and in Arena it's all the same: either overpay for absolutely ZERO RoI or get relegated to fighting base toons for zero advancement. And arena equipment has been taken away from the lower levels like it USED to be. In the past, you could get some "decent" equipment for at lest participating. Now you have to be a PtPer to even get anything close to a decent chance at 1 piece of equipment. Otherwise it's just 2 or 3 free rolls to get garbage commons from whatever chest you roll on. You don't pay to play...you get garbage.

With Arena, it's just "buy-a-rank". Anyone can purchase coins to keep hitting lower lvl opponents for 70 or 80 points at a crack. And that's the whole point for the devs - just keep pumping in the $$$. There's no skill. It's just about pumping in that cash. Good job at buying your ranks all you Rank 5 and above.

Like I said, I have various levels. They rank from under 200 to over 1000. For the really low lvl toons, it's just a queue full of rank 1 & 2 so you can only advance if you pay out tons of cash. For the upper levels it's always the same - be able to hit opponents 800+lvls or more or be relegated to insignificance. The devs don't care. You're not paying. I basically get a queue FULL of UNHITABLE opponents who are HUNDREDS to THOUSANDS of levels above me or I get 1 or 2 opponents/humps at my level or lower but only rank 1 so I get GARBAGE points. Gee, what a surprise. The developers screwing over the "regular Joe". *sarcasm*COUGH*sarcasm*...

If I'm still playing this game next year I'll try to post the same thing for the 99.4% of players who are the FtP but constantly getting SCREWED over.

Last year was the first time I participated and actually realized how skewed it was. In previous years, I would just enter all my toons for the minimal prize, and let the other players have fun bashing them. That was actually the best return on investment.

I'm participating in Arena once again for the whole year of guild bonuses, hoping for Phalanx or Cohort rank. None of the individual prizes are worth it, so I'm not even tracking my individual scores.

Comment

I begrudge no one "buying their ranks". If you feel the need to buy more FP to buy more Arena tokens, great, fine. Happy for ya. I see no reason for my Arena queue to be full of players 800+ lvls higher than me that I have NO chance of hitting. Such a waste of developer time. Way to make the game worse.

Comment

The whole game is just a way for a few high rollers to pad their bloated toons with even higher stats.
        Any 'normal' players who are in it for anything more than a bit of a giggle and some guild banter can expect to be very disappointed.

Comment

You should absolutely be able to reach at least Gladiator very easily for free, as long as you drop all your tokens every day.
          I used to do that every year when I was super weak 5+ years ago.

Now I'm not that weak anymore, especially because I have some relatively nice piercing and resistance thanks to hunting a lot (lvl 2k now), so I have no issue finding targets of my rank or +1 or -1 (which all gives +100 points) that I can beat, which helps . And even though I wouldn't consider myself really weak, by no means am I a strong PvPer (I have very little invested in atk/def compared to ene/stam).
          And I will probably end up being Legend for free. That's where I ended last year.
          I also have Monkey King giving me a small boost of +7.74% tokens, which also adds up in the long run.

But anyway, I think at a low level, if you try a bit hard (spending some time finding relatively good targets, and spending all your tokens every day), you should definitely be able to make Hero for free. Or at the very least Gladiator.

Not saying Arena doesn't have issues - it definitely has - but I think your post is greatly exaggerating how bad the situation is.

But anyway, unless you reach EV and get the general, there's often nothing interesting to get at the other ranks anyway. And EV costs a lot. And keep in mind that those who pay don't even know what the general will do exactly (or at all sometimes) and about half the time will get something useless for all their time and money. So even big spenders can get really screwed in this event lol.
          AV did get a good piece of equips last year though, and Legend the year before that.

Btw, in the past, even though you did get equipment at all ranks, the good stuff was at the top ranks IIRC. I doubt you would have gotten anything truly useful before Hero or maybe Gladiator sometimes. Not completely sure though, I may be wrong.
          Personally, I'm fine with getting useless equipment, and some free rolls and a lot of freebies just from hitting players. But I understand not everyone may feel the same.
          Last edited by gogoo; 12-14-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Of course most AV and all EV will have to pay. You should be thankful to them for keeping the game alive spending. And if you think they keep their level hitting people at rank 5 or lower, you are mostly wrong.
            Aside form that, every devoted free to play pvper will end at least hero (rank 5) and many legend (6). If you end lower than that chances are you did not spend your tokens wisely or did not spend many of them or you build is wors than average for a F2P player.
            Maybe if you focused on one account and selected your targets with care, as suggested by gogoo, your performance would be better.
            Regarding lower levels, you realize they are mostly from people who entered will several accounts and don't work them out, artificially widening player amount and making it easier to stay on top but harder to find good opponents, do you? does it sound familiar?

Edit: this said, I of course recognize that the list of available targets should be worked on, amongst other things.
            Last edited by Barathor; 12-14-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barathor View Post

Maybe if you focused on one account and selected your targets with care, as suggested by gogoo, your performance would be better.
              I believe that even with my monster-hunter builds, I could certainly push one of them into hero+ by neglecting the others.

I'm playing the "Moneyball" version of Arena, though, building a team of mediocre toons in an effort for the collective prize.

Comment

Of course most AV and all EV will have to pay. You should be thankful to them for keeping the game alive spending. And if you think they keep their level hitting people at rank 5 or lower, you are mostly wrong.
                Aside form that, every devoted free to play pvper will end at least hero (rank 5) and many legend (6). If you end lower than that chances are you did not spend your tokens wisely or did not spend many of them or you build is wors than average for a F2P player.
                Regarding lower levels, you realize they are mostly from people who entered will several accounts and don't work them out, artificially widening player amount and making it easier to stay on top but harder to find good opponents, do you? does it sound familiar?

Edit: this said, I of course recognize that the list of available targets should be worked on, amongst other things.
                Disagree with that. I play everyday (multiple times, at least 4 times) and I'm usually getting 100 or 90 points from targets and I'm still gladiator. Yesterday night I was too tired to play arena before bed and this morning I noticed some of my toons were warrior ranks already. Oh and my toons aren't monster hunters or weak. I'm a daily PVP player with balanced builds.

I personally find this arena very tiring and time consuming even though I like free random gifts during hitting the opponents.

Another problem that I'm facing is that Castle Age becomes very laggy and glitchy at some certain times, like for example at 11 AM PDT when 10v10 starts. I'm hitting something but it doesn't register, get a blue ball spinning and everything gets messy. It just adds more frustration to this already time consuming event. I'm not enjoying it, to be honest and can't wait when arena ends.
                Last edited by Ditendra; 12-15-2021, 06:53 PM.
                CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27"

Comment

If you played 24 hours a day, then you should get 24*12 tokens, or 288. If you got 90 points each hit, never losing that's almost 26,000 points. LEGEND is going up about 25,000 a day, so, if you never get hit for losses and you didn't ever sleep, then you could just barely make Legend. Hero is going up about 20,000 a day. That means you can stand to loose 4 hours of tokens from sleeping 8 hours, because you can store about 4 hours of tokens and still just barely make Hero. If you wake up in the middle of the night and hit your 50, then, more better.
                  Last edited by JefferMC; 12-16-2021, 05:26 PM. Reason: Fixed an error where I meant Hero but said Legend

Comment

Originally posted by JefferMC View Post
                    If you played 24 hours a day...
                    That raises the important point that even if you could, why would you want to? Games are supposed to be fun, not drudgery.

People don't want to consider it, but a fast-rising whale is likely operated by several people. Either a voluntary team hobby, or some trust fund kid pays his toadies to keep the toon in perpetual activity.

Comment

I said you could make LEGEND by not sleeping and only getting 90 per hit. You can make HERO and sleep 8 hours, still only getting 90. I've had network issues that have cost me several hours, plus I get 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and I'm still in mid hero, FtP. If I do spend, I'm not going to spend until the end. Being that extra tier just makes me more of a target.
                      Last edited by JefferMC; 12-15-2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JefferMC View Post
                        If you played 24 hours a day, then you should get 24*12 tokens, or 288. If you got 90 points each hit, never losing that's almost 26,000 points. LEGEND is going up about 25,000 a day, so, if you never get hit for losses and you didn't ever sleep, then you could just barely make Legend. Hero is going up about 20,000 a day. That means you can stand to loose 4 hours of tokens from sleeping 8 hours, because you can store about 4 hours of tokens and still just barely make Legend. If you wake up in the middle of the night and hit your 50, then, more better.
                        1/ The point creep in ranks is due to MK & Layla with MK.

2/ My MK is 7* lvl 80 for 17.5% of free stuff.

3/ My MK buff is 12 tokens * 1.175 = an expected 14.1 tokens per hour.

I will have no problem being in the 3rd ranking without spending any FPs. My MK’s 17.5% buff is a tough handicap to overcome if you don’t have MK.

Comment

Yeah, Monkey King is a hard thing to compete without. But it's sooooo expensive (well, not in comparison to finishing Arena at EV, but still... $90).

Comment

Originally posted by Ditendra View Post

[...] I'm usually getting 100 or 90 points from targets and I'm still gladiator. Yesterday night I was too tired to play arena before bed [...]
                            [...] I'm a daily PVP player with balanced builds. [...]
                            So you missed at least 100 tokens that day, at least 50 tokens every night plus a 10% everytime you get 90 points... You clearly not qualify for "devoted" player.
                            What shocks me the most is that being gladiator (rank 4) you attack people that gives you 100 or even 90 points. Why would you atack anybody under your own rank when you should be targeting rank 6 or above???? Frankly, I don't get it. If you enter Arena and there are no good targets available, just leave and go back 1-2 minutes later for a fresh list. There are a lot of LSI players with Layla and Monkey King placed high that are no match for a pvper and you should pray on them for easy 110 or 120 points.
                            Regarding your performance in general, IMHO entering Arena with several accounts is a handicap for the main one (unless you don't have a real life, which you and I do). The time you spend playing with each toon could be used to refresh more often and select targets carefully with the main account, maybe even get an excel with who to attack and who to avoid and track their regeneration and availability.

Comment

So you missed at least 100 tokens that day, at least 50 tokens every night plus a 10% everytime you get 90 points... You clearly not qualify for "devoted" player.
                              What shocks me the most is that being gladiator (rank 4) you attack people that gives you 100 or even 90 points. Why would you atack anybody under your own rank when you should be targeting rank 6 or above???? Frankly, I don't get it. If you enter Arena and there are no good targets available, just leave and go back 1-2 minutes later for a fresh list. There are a lot of LSI players with Layla and Monkey King placed high that are no match for a pvper and you should pray on them for easy 110 or 120 points.
                              Regarding your performance in general, IMHO entering Arena with several accounts is a handicap for the main one (unless you don't have a real life, which you and I do). The time you spend playing with each toon could be used to refresh more often and select targets carefully with the main account, maybe even get an excel with who to attack and who to avoid and track their regeneration and availability.
                              I don't know how is in your level range, but in my range anyone with higher ranks are way too bigger level or too hard. That's why I get 90 or 100. Obviously I can't defeat 1000 & 2000 bigger levels than me. I mean, come on, do you think me as 950 level can defeat targets that are 3000 or 4000 levels? And usually targets with higher ranks are either that big, either too tough (hence that's why they're alpha vanguard or similar rank).

Another thing is that I don't even see high rank players in the list, very rarely. For example, I just checked Arena. This is the list I see:​​

I play at least 4 times a day this stupid event, but obviously I'm not that "devoted" still. Sorry, but I'm not going to wake up & set alarm to play this dumb event 24 hours. I'm not that devoted. I have a real life.

Toons are more important, than just one account.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ditendra; 12-17-2021, 12:13 PM.
                              CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27"

Comment

Working...
                              X