Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Arena rewards is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batw View Post

People forget a small population of big spenders is that what has kept CA going for as long as it has. To award prizes for non-spenders is not a viable business model. To get people to spend for AV for the IA (+195 Atk) may be a step in the right direction to match rewards with spending FP.
    But maybe you (and the devs) should consider what would happen if some mild spending might you get you up to Hero and Hero was worth spending to get to... Maybe another 1000 players would have spent some FP to make Hero. No, not the amount necessary for EV, but something. As it is, why would you spend at all UNLESS you think you can make at least Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by JefferMC View Post

But maybe you (and the devs) should consider what would happen if some mild spending might you get you up to Hero and Hero was worth spending to get to... Maybe another 1000 players would have spent some FP to make Hero. No, not the amount necessary for EV, but something. As it is, why would you spend at all UNLESS you think you can make at least Legend.
      1. I used to spend maybe 100 to 150 FP in past Arena’s to get to Legend.

2. I didn’t spend a time in this Arena and got Legend because if MK at 6* lvl 80.

So I did think about it. Just not seeing the data based on the distribution of results in this Arena.

Good luck communicating that position (of Maybe 1,000 more small spenders) with the Dev.

Comment

Originally posted by JefferMC View Post

I am going to put JefferMC’s “1,000” extra spenders into perspective.

Suppose we had 20K players in this Arena. Then 1% point or 1 percentile rank is roughly 200 players.

So 1,000 extra spenders represents roughly 5% points or 5 percentile rank points.

Hero is rank 6% to 15%. People will spend if they are on the margin because this is a deep rank with 10% of the player base.

So JefferMC’s assertion of 1,000 extra spenders to get to Hero is based on 5% points or 5 percentile points being on the margin. I could see 2% points maybe 3% points being on the margin and had to spend to ensure they land in Hero. 5% is too much of a stretch, e.g. there are 1,000 players on the margin.

The second question that JefferMC is quiet on is how much are they willing to spend? Or, how deep are these pockets?

Last year, Hero was 203,305 and over 260 hours meant roughly 782 Arena points per hour.

This year, Hero clocked in at 212,420 or 817 Arena points per hour. (817 / 782) - 1 is roughly 4.5% greater Arena points per hour than last year.

So the data ***SUGGESTS*** who these people and how much they will have to spend.

1,000 is way too high of a number. But I don’t fault JefferMC using a high number.

Once we know (a) how many marginal players are going to spend and (b) how much they are going to spend, we can estimate the total FP from this supposed untapped market.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandigerbolls View Post

The event demands a lot of time (or money) to make any of the ranks above warrior, so the problem can be solved by either making those high-middle prizes better, or lowering the demands for those high-middle ranks. If the developers are trying to avoid power creep, they should opt for the latter solution.
          I don´t think it requires such ammount of time, or money to get to Hero honestly. It can be argued that for AV, maybe Legend if we want to stretch it. You can make Hero with normal regen even if you miss a couple of hours sleeping, and there are other normal strategies that do not require money. Those in gladiator either don´t care reaching hero as much as others, or they are not competitive in the game.

The issue is always the same: it is a competition and the cuttoffs are a % of the players. You making to gladiator means 15% of the player base was better than you. You can change a lot of things, but meanwhile the cutoffs are not fixed and they are % over the player base you need to be better than the rest of players.

I don´t think anybody spends money in Arena to get to Hero, and hardly doubt there is a lot of people spending (or a lot of revenue) to get to Legend based on the actual cutoffs.
          Last edited by namaxe; 01-07-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

To match reward to effort, they could have also moved all the prize awards down a rank, giving EV an extra Michael plus some other worthy prize. There would always be dissatisfaction, but it would be less.

Personally, I like the 24-hours-worth-of-tokens idea that was floated, and then the Devs can be as stingy as they want with awards.

I think I understand why the new owners are so stingy. Castle Age has had some ridiculous imbalances over the years, starting with gold, and they want to reign it back. The problem is you can't reverse these things painlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by namaxe View Post

I don´t think it requires such amount of time, or money to get to Hero honestly.........
              Agreed, I made mid range of Hero with almost zero effort and certainly didn't use all available tokens as I'm not going to (literally) lose sleep over a worn out clicky game.
              The in-game drops were useful, the free chest rolls added to my stockpile and the trophy trinkets weren't even a consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by graeme View Post

Agreed, I made mid range of Hero with almost zero effort and certainly didn't use all available tokens as I'm not going to (literally) lose sleep over a worn out clicky game.
                The in-game drops were useful, the free chest rolls added to my stockpile and the trophy trinkets weren't even a consideration.
                I have a 2.5-3 year old F2P iOS LSI account that made Hero, with many wasted tokens. If I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I dropped tokens on my FB account, but not the iOS one. The iOS usually had to hit for less than 100 points because it is so weak at PvP, and it easily made mid-range Hero. It really was not hard to get Hero, the drops were great and the free prizes at the end fantastic for zero spent and no sleep lost.
                Chimوra

Comment

Originally posted by Bandigerbolls View Post
                  To match reward to effort, they could have also moved all the prize awards down a rank, giving EV an extra Michael plus some other worthy prize. There would always be dissatisfaction, but it would be less.
                  This! This has my vote! Give AV one copy and EV at least 2 copies, this makes sense to me.

FYI - I was consistently in Hero, but ended up as Gladiator when prizes went out. Sad faced Ray
                  Last edited by Ray-Ray; 01-08-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by namaxe View Post
                    . You making to gladiator means 15% of the player base was better than you. .
                    But it doesn't mean that. It means that 15% of the players had a higher total by a combination of:
                    1) Being better than you, but also
                    2) Having some specific better equipment than you (Monkey King, which pretty much requires you to spend), and/or
                    3) Spent more than you in FP for refills.
                    Last edited by JefferMC; 01-08-2021, 08:24 PM. Reason: Clarifying a point, fixing a typo

Comment

Originally posted by Ray-Ray View Post
                      This! This has my vote! Give AV one copy and EV at least 2 copies, this makes sense to me.
                      Give EV two copies of this general and another copy of the last arena general
                      Give AV this general, and the general from the last Arena
                      Give every other rank this years' prize, plus the prize for one rank higher from the previous arena, and maybe give higher ranks two ranks higher from two arenas ago

or something like that. But more importantly, give the lesser prizes some worth. Some useful power, or a slot where they're rare (like the magic with a slot last year... but that was AV I think?)

Originally posted by Ray-Ray View Post
                      FYI - I was consistently in Hero, but ended up as Gladiator when prizes went out. Sad faced Ray
                      I was visiting my daughter for Christmas Eve through Boxing Day. I got a few passes on my phone those three days, and some serious hitting on either end. Had they been normal days, I would have been on the higher end of Hero, thinking about Legend instead of just barely making Hero by spending about 50 FP.

Comment

Working...
                      X