Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Arena rewards is a joke

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Beseb View Post
    Back on topic, the AV item is decent, though it's lack of PvP stats is a huge departure from all arena's prior. And *that* is the real gripe here. All the gear at least had PvP stats on them! Last year it was all the 'God' equipment and each piece had wind pierce or whatever. You could at least imagine builds where you might incorporate the gear you worked so hard to get. Arena 14? Nope, only one half way decent piece.

    These items should be retroactively updated to include PvP stats that are roughly 10% or more better than last year.
    Seraph Halo doesn't need any inherent Pierce. It's already the best Amulet in the game right now (unless you have a good Legendary Gem with +PP or +Base Attack for instance that you can put in the Glorious Amulet from Phantoms - and very few players have that).

    The 3 other items do need Pierce or Resist.

    Comment


    • #32
      I'd say a Doom Heart with a good legendary gem is right up there as well. There is already precedent for releasing a stellar Arena item (Lightning of Gods). It is extraordinary by itself, but also has a useful PvP bonus. Why did Arena 14 break from that? Bottom line is all equipment won in a PvP event should have PvP stats on it!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by gogoo View Post

        Seraph Halo doesn't need any inherent Pierce. It's already the best Amulet in the game right now (unless you have a good Legendary Gem with +PP or +Base Attack for instance that you can put in the Glorious Amulet from Phantoms - and very few players have that).

        The 3 other items do need Pierce or Resist.
        You don't need special legendary gem. It's the other way around: if you have exceptional epic gem and no matchingly exceptional legenday gem, Halo will be better than Glorious. But lacking that, or having legendary gem with same powers, Glorious easily wins.

        Second and third slots go for electrum and shining earth gems. These add total of +80 phys +25 earth ~ +105 pierce. That's +55 over Glorious' inherent pierce. But Legendary gem gets +75 higher primary elemental power than Epic gem does, if both max refined. Say +70 just advantage, and Halo is left 15 pierce behind. Has to make up for that in secondary powers of gem. Legendary gems have secondary powers too, so now Epic has to have better secondary powers.

        Halo will be superb for pvp builds that don't dream of phantom hunts. Not the first time Arena prize ends up that way. And it's fine that way.

        In any case, given what second and third slots contain, those being pretty much the only good choice, I would find inherent pierce/resist and fewer slots to be just as good. Better for those who find getting enough ingots & gems hard, no worse for those who have plenty. Extra slots aren't interesting because there's no good way currently to create variation.
        WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

        Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Elandal View Post

          You don't need special legendary gem. It's the other way around: if you have exceptional epic gem and no matchingly exceptional legenday gem, Halo will be better than Glorious. But lacking that, or having legendary gem with same powers, Glorious easily wins.

          Second and third slots go for electrum and shining earth gems. These add total of +80 phys +25 earth ~ +105 pierce. That's +55 over Glorious' inherent pierce. But Legendary gem gets +75 higher primary elemental power than Epic gem does, if both max refined. Say +70 just advantage, and Halo is left 15 pierce behind. Has to make up for that in secondary powers of gem. Legendary gems have secondary powers too, so now Epic has to have better secondary powers.

          Halo will be superb for pvp builds that don't dream of phantom hunts. Not the first time Arena prize ends up that way. And it's fine that way.

          In any case, given what second and third slots contain, those being pretty much the only good choice, I would find inherent pierce/resist and fewer slots to be just as good. Better for those who find getting enough ingots & gems hard, no worse for those who have plenty. Extra slots aren't interesting because there's no good way currently to create variation.
          I agree, I said what I said because you're much more likely to have a good epic gem than a good legendary gem.
          But indeed the way I said it isn't 100% true, I was assuming certain things (mostly that players who reached AV would probably have 1 epic gem with at least one good secondary power to use, but were much less likely to have a spare legendary gem with the same kind of attributes).

          I'm sure the Halo will be the best Amulet for plenty of the players who got it. It's just a guess though.

          I also agree on the slots vs inherent pierce/resist matter, I'd rather have a piece of equip with 2 slots and inherent pierce than 3 slots and no inherent pierce.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Beseb View Post
            Back on topic, the AV item is decent, though it's lack of PvP stats is a huge departure from all arena's prior. And *that* is the real gripe here. All the gear at least had PvP stats on them! Last year it was all the 'God' equipment and each piece had wind pierce or whatever. You could at least imagine builds where you might incorporate the gear you worked so hard to get. Arena 14? Nope, only one half way decent piece.

            These items should be retroactively updated to include PvP stats that are roughly 10% or more better than last year.
            I don’t want to detract your observations or views, but want to add that Arena is a nice and quick pick up of gear.

            You look at the gear related to the Dracula Orb or even the Demon Chimera gear, it takes a long, long time for these PvP gear. Am I going to spend 4K+ stamina for a legendary drop from Dracula? Hell no.

            Arena was 10 days and poof ... you get decent PvP gear.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by namaxe View Post
              Regarding... You want people not using a single favor point receiving items that outperform legendary alchemies... I am not in favor of that.

              You said...


              Well.... to be exact in your previous post here...


              It was basically a Swordsman (according to wiki), slotted amulet on Arena X on Dec 2016 that outformed for attacking purposes the legendary astaroth amulet and also the alchemy that required also an AV reward from previous arenas. It was the only slotted piercing equipped amulet in the game, only outperformed by the legendary phatom amulet that had been released shortly before (don´t remember but I believe by october same year).

              According to the wiki, it was for Swordsman rank, and IMHO was the best item given in that arena, to Swordsman!!! Why bother to make it to gladiator, hero, legend, AV. That was also actually to complain about.

              So when it was released, the item you use as an example, was the second best attack amulet in game given to Swordsman, outperforming the current legendary ones except for the phantom of shadow, which can not be considered a simple legendary alchemy, but more a third level legendary alchemy (phantom, cromus, astaroth x2)
              I am talking all the time about items awarded in Arenas, I did not mean to include every item available in the game in my sentence. I'll say it again in one phrase to be sure I transmit the message correctly:
              Items designed as trophies in Arena 2020 should not be way worse than items awarded in past Arenas for the same or even lower ranking.
              T
              hey should, at least, match them (not to talk about the power creep factor)
              Last edited by Barathor; 01-05-2021, 01:24 AM. Reason: Grammar fix

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Batw View Post

                Thank you for sharing your opinion.

                Arena is optional. I played and I had fun and spent zero FP in the process. I thought the IA’s were a nice touch and missed out on the set by not landing in AV.

                Lastly, I love how you are so vague to the point of being completely meaningless so here are some examples:

                “CA devs perfectly know well that people are going for the items because historically there’s 1 or 2 of them that are pretty good.” ... extremely vague

                “There are zero stats on any of the items.” I used the loadout feature on web3 to discern the stats and slots for each item, respectively. You should give it a whirl.

                “This is a slap in the face of every single Arena contestant ... [blah, blah, blah]” ... can you be anymore unctuous?

                Buying my Ethereum bags I see? Keep the change darling

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Suwayyah View Post

                  Buying my Ethereum bags I see? Keep the change darling
                  What is Ethereum? I am not familiar with it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I think it's a bitcoin currency, if I'm not mistaken.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Prizes are ok. You get what you deserve.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Doge View Post
                        You get what you deserve.
                        Isn't that how it always is? You get what you deserve, but I always get shortchanged.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          My issue with the tiered awards granted in many CA things (including Arena) is that the lesser prizes are nearly worthless unless you also get the top prize. Not that they're all that great when you do earn the general, but with the stats and lack of abilities, the only saving grace is that they give bonuses to a general that more than 99.5% of the players do not have. The random drops were enough to make playing worthwhile. The stuff other than the new gear wasn't awful. But I think they need to rethink the distribution and powers of the gear sets on all of these tiered awards. It should be worthwhile to try to end in Legend or Hero (or be in the top 15%), but it seems that unless you're going to go for the top 0.5% you might as well not try to do well at all. Get what clicks you can and be happy with the drops.

                          What I'm trying to say is that the Hero gear doesn't have to suck so that the Legendary gear looks better. Same story for the AV gear over legend. They can both be great items in their own right, and be even better together as a set if you do get more than one. I think the IA set bonus is a good example of that. And, yes, they can be even better with the general, but still be useful without the general.

                          I was already on this horse after the last Colo with the same reason.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by JefferMC View Post
                            The random drops were enough to make playing worthwhile. The stuff other than the new gear wasn't awful. But I think they need to rethink the distribution and powers of the gear sets on all of these tiered awards.
                            The event demands a lot of time (or money) to make any of the ranks above warrior, so the problem can be solved by either making those high-middle prizes better, or lowering the demands for those high-middle ranks. If the developers are trying to avoid power creep, they should opt for the latter solution.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bandigerbolls View Post

                              The event demands a lot of time (or money) to make any of the ranks above warrior, so the problem can be solved by either making those high-middle prizes better, or lowering the demands for those high-middle ranks. If the developers are trying to avoid power creep, they should opt for the latter solution.
                              There were over 20K that participated in this Arena with 0.5% being EV. I suspect, based on the Power Law function, that those 100+ players who ended as EV accounted for 50% to 80% of the FP’s spent during Arena.

                              People forget a small population of big spenders is that what has kept CA going for as long as it has. To award prizes for non-spenders is not a viable business model. To get people to spend for AV for the IA (+195 Atk) may be a step in the right direction to match rewards with spending FP.

                              It was said earlier: You get what you deserve.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Batw View Post
                                It was said earlier: You get what you deserve.
                                Yes, but a lot of truisms aren't actually true.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X