Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Monsters codes & links change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Monsters codes & links change

    After the issue of many players' Draculias being crashed by uninvited guests, devs have decided to do something about it.

    Monster codes and links used to never change for a specific player, and it was easy to find links (even for players who never made their monsters public).

    Since December 31, 2020, monsters codes have changed, and monster links include the code at the end.


    Links used to look like this:
    apps.facebook.com/castle_age/battle_monster.php?casuser=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&mpool= x

    And now they look like this:
    apps.facebook.com/castle_age/battle_monster.php?casuser=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&mpool= x&monster_code=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


    I'm not sure yet but I think now your monster code will change at every summon.
    Please confirm it if you can, or correct me if that's wrong.


    In any case, I'm glad to see devs caring about this kind of stuff, and fixing issues related to something very old like monster codes/links.
    That and the long overdue IA update (first update since Dec. 2016 I believe?), and finally getting a new "regular" monster with Draculia, including new mechanics... I like the way things are evolving in CA right now 🙂
    Last edited by gogoo; 01-02-2021, 04:57 PM.

  • #2
    Appears that there's a bug in handling that, as it's still possible to find (and join) a monster with just summoner id and monster pool, without the monster code.
    Monster code now seems to consist of pseudorandom component and summoner constant component.
    In case someone knows coding of the (previous, ie gaea verssion of summoner constant) monster code and mpool when included in monster code, I wouldn't mind a message.

    Yes, I'm still thinking about stuff this way when I play CA. And I'm active at the moment largely due to new monster. First in four years.
    WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

    Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

    Comment


    • #3
      I summoned a sea serpent and a Cronus and the codes look to be randomly generated.

      I would need to summon another batch to be sure, as it could be that each monster we summon has its own code, but I don't think that's very likely. (previously each player had a code that was used for all its monsters, with the monster type added at the end of the code)
      Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
      New or returning player? Check out this guide

      Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Elandal View Post
        Appears that there's a bug in handling that, as it's still possible to find (and join) a monster with just summoner id and monster pool, without the monster code.
        Monster code now seems to consist of pseudorandom component and summoner constant component.
        In case someone knows coding of the (previous, ie gaea verssion of summoner constant) monster code and mpool when included in monster code, I wouldn't mind a message.

        Yes, I'm still thinking about stuff this way when I play CA. And I'm active at the moment largely due to new monster. First in four years.

        The last part seems summoner specific, but the first one isn't random ?

        Edit: A random monster link from the public list seems to work with just summoner id, which shouldn't change, I guess that's what you mean ?
        Last edited by zserg; 01-02-2021, 05:13 PM.
        Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
        New or returning player? Check out this guide

        Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by zserg View Post
          The last part seems summoner specific, but the first one isn't random ?

          Edit: A random monster link from the public list seems to work with just summoner id, which shouldn't change, I guess that's what you mean ?
          First 8 characters are a hexadecimal number, after that comes summoner constant.
          The number at the beginning seems random.
          To get working link to monster without monster code, you still need to have monster code parameter in the link, but it can be empty. Just summoner id and mpool are enough.

          If you try a link with only summoner id and mpool, you get the old "doesnot have a monster to battle" page.
          But if you add empty monster code parameter, you get the monster.
          All that is needed on the servers is to check, reject empty and invalid, and actually use monster code in the link, in preference to summoner id and mpool. This doesn't seem to be done at the moment. For as long as the parameter exists, summoner id and mpool are actually used, not monster code.


          edit: Yes, I know I explained how to crash a monster again. But it's trivial issue. Anyone who would want to do it already knows it for sure.
          Last edited by Elandal; 01-02-2021, 06:06 PM.
          WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

          Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

          Comment


          • #6
            I just went to my monster list, clicked an old Samael link that had risen to the top, and it took me to the summoner's new Chromus.

            Maybe this change will help when all the old monsters have died off and dropped off the lists.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bandigerbolls View Post
              I just went to my monster list, clicked an old Samael link that had risen to the top, and it took me to the summoner's new Chromus.

              Maybe this change will help when all the old monsters have died off and dropped off the lists.
              Because summoner id and monster pool are actually used, instead of monster code, this won't change automatically. Requires that the servers start using the monster code instead of just summoner and pool.
              WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

              Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

              Comment


              • #8
                Be nice if this was fixed for all monster summons, still getting my private monsters gatecrashed, and then those people sharing it with their friends.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Raf_thfc View Post
                  Be nice if this was fixed for all monster summons, still getting my private monsters gatecrashed, and then those people sharing it with their friends.....
                  I don't like it happening to me, either; but in the big picture of Castle Age, it's just an extension of battling players while they're offline and stealing their gold, raiding and stealing their Land of Mist territories, and looting their Land of Earth towers.

                  The whole game basically promotes a-hole behavior.
                  Last edited by Bandigerbolls; 01-09-2021, 01:14 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Elandal View Post

                    First 8 characters are a hexadecimal number, after that comes summoner constant.
                    The number at the beginning seems random.
                    To get working link to monster without monster code, you still need to have monster code parameter in the link, but it can be empty. Just summoner id and mpool are enough.

                    If you try a link with only summoner id and mpool, you get the old "doesnot have a monster to battle" page.
                    But if you add empty monster code parameter, you get the monster.
                    All that is needed on the servers is to check, reject empty and invalid, and actually use monster code in the link, in preference to summoner id and mpool. This doesn't seem to be done at the moment. For as long as the parameter exists, summoner id and mpool are actually used, not monster code.


                    edit: Yes, I know I explained how to crash a monster again. But it's trivial issue. Anyone who would want to do it already knows it for sure.
                    I think it's fixed? Not sure since when. But I've tried using an empty or random monster code parameter and I couldn't get to the monster.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Raf_thfc View Post
                      Be nice if this was fixed for all monster summons, still getting my private monsters gatecrashed, and then those people sharing it with their friends.....
                      Do you put your monsters in Priority List? If yes, stop and you should be alright. People can easily check the Priority List of any guild. And then even with the monster code part of the URL being fixed, they'll still be able to join the monster from the Priority List.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gogoo View Post

                        I think it's fixed? Not sure since when. But I've tried using an empty or random monster code parameter and I couldn't get to the monster.
                        Yes, seems fixed.
                        WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

                        Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gogoo View Post

                          Do you put your monsters in Priority List? If yes, stop and you should be alright. People can easily check the Priority List of any guild. And then even with the monster code part of the URL being fixed, they'll still be able to join the monster from the Priority List.
                          No, but once I've finished with them they go to public. This time 2 guys joined, no monster code posted, and not shared with anyone, guild priority list or public.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            unfortunate but we really should not be talking about how to get around the fixes the devs are trying to make... here.. Better to put a ticket in with the devs and pass a mod the ticket number to see if we can help it along a bit..

                            points are valid though, but it looks like the devs are trying...
                            Last edited by Retribution (Eagles); 01-10-2021, 06:23 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Retribution (Eagles) View Post
                              unfortunate but we really should not be talking about how to get around the fixes the devs are trying to make... here.. Better to put a ticket in with the devs and pass a mod the ticket number to see if we can help it along a bit..

                              points are valid though, but it looks like the devs are trying...
                              You know as well as I do that all those who are most interested in this information already have it. Because the means are trivial, easily found by anyone who cares. Half of what I noticed I hadn't even tried to look for, just stumbled upon.

                              I'll try to, in the future, just note whether it's still possible or not, without telling which means are possible and which are not.
                              WARNING: THE POST ABOVE MAY OR MAY NOT CONTAIN SARCASM AND/OR IRONY!

                              Elandal [FIN] ΛĢ 8218DD

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X