Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

green crystals nerfed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Green Crystal drop rate is low. But that's nothing new. I wish it were higher. But it's not.

Comment

I have suspicions about how the "randomized" features in Castle Age are programmed.

I also noticed a normal drop rate for green crystals Friday morning, and then nothing at all for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by zserg View Post
        I just got 2 green crystals in 1700 stamina. I didn't count how many essence drops I got, but I was using small stm hits, so that's around, 13-14 drops I imagine.

I dunno what the rates are, because I would have to spend a lot more stamina to make any call on that, but they aren't zero % at least.
        Green crystals drop at 15% per essence drop when using stamina when hitting mobs.

You almost never hear about the guy bragging the green crystal drop are TOO GOOD.

It’s always the ones that got poor results or were extremely unlucky that tell us the game got nerfed, or it’s broken. Some people are natural born whiners!

I have been extremely unlucky in this game: No Malekus, no Layla, and no Jessica.

Jessica is incredibly frustrating at 8K worth of FP and still ZERO Jessica. Grombeard is 7*, Astrid is 7* & Luno is 7* but still no Jessica so no Poison Splash for me.

It’s possible to get extremely unlucky in parts of this game. My Aethyx is 8* lvl 64 so not having Jessica really sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Batw View Post

It’s possible to get extremely unlucky in parts of this game.
          And to get lucky, too. I have a 3-star Jessika on my FB account; and my (at the time) level-169 mini scored a Malekus from chest roll luck, on top of its 3-star Guinevere it had acquired in less than a year from lucky Mystic Emporium sales. Not a dime was spent for those chest rolls & favor points.

My suspicions about many Castle Age "random" functions are that they are programmed to vary by time period rather than to be consistently random. That's because playing the same function in web3 Castle Age, my 4 characters (1 FB and 3 iPhone) seem to have good luck or bad luck in sync with each other.

Computer programmers know that there is no real randomness function on computers, just a simulation of randomness that runs at either the system level or at the program level. We know from Treasure Island that the developers can present a false sense of randomness for the thrill of the game, and it's probably done with more parts of the game than we realize. Artificial "streaks" of good and bad luck can induce the dopamine surges that drive players to spend money.

======
          After the defensive generals get past level 30, the low green crystal drop rate is out of balance with our faster acquisition of green potions & powders. It's frustrating if you want to play the best strategy of putting most of your resources into just a few generals.
          Last edited by Bandigerbolls; 01-03-2021, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Well I can say I got 3 green crystals today from a Drac. 4100k stamina spent.
            Army code A26200. Castle age is the only game I play on the Computer.
            I don't Facebook. so please put all info in forums please. I am in a Guild.
            Castle age player since July 2010. level 1247 on 11/03/2019

Comment

Originally posted by RABID View Post

The numbers I stated ARE FACTS....0 drops in over 5000 stam on rats....and here you are...doing lots of "supposing" and conjecture....ya...thanks for your "opinion"
              You stated 5,000 stamina and zero drops. Then you use that 5K stamina to make an assertion (and here I will paraphrase) that you received zero green crystal was “proof” that green crystals were being “cut back”.

Your assertion was proven false due to the rubric of Falsifiability (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability)

“In the philosophy of science, falsifiability or refutability is the capacity for a statement, theory or hypothesis to be contradicted by evidence.“

I provided evidence based on my main and two mini’s that refuted your assertion. Others in this thread also provided evidence to refute your assertion. Your assertion was proven false, and thus it is an opinion ... your opinion based on a fact of 5K stamina use.

That 5K stamina usage is at best evidence and you tried to argue it was “proof”.

Here is simple math.

A green crystal has a 15% chance of occurring. Therefore, to get an expected 1 green crystal, you need roughly 7 chances on average because 7 times 0.15 is 1.05.

To get those 7 chances (assuming you were an efficient player) requires 7 essence drops at 120 stamina for each essence drop or chance, respectively. That is to say roughly an expected green crystal occurs, on average, in 840 stamina in this example. 7 * 120 = 840. Again, the assumption is an efficient player.

Then we divide 5,000 by 840 to get an expected 5.95 green crystals so let’s call it 6 green crystals.

So your assertion is that you should have gotten an expected 6 green crystals and received none.

So you were unlucky. However, it does not change the fact that stamina usage is a poor Beta estimator and as I stated you should use the number of essence drops as your Beta estimator. This Beta estimator comes from regression analysis or Ordinary Least Squares method (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinary_least_squares)

In summary, WE ALL READ that you made an assertion based on FACTS. However, your assertion was proven false which rendered your assertion into an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RABID View Post

Oh I understood what he was trying to say...lol. And FYI, I don't use orc king because I want to maximize my drops....so there goes that theory out the window. 50 stam attacks for over 5000 total stam IS a good indication of drop ratio....whether or not you want to admit it depends on your standpoint......despite the fact that numerous players in the game have been saying the same as I have....the ratio's have dropped....like silvers dropped when electrum ingots were introduced.
                Here is a binominal calculator. If you understood what I wrote, then tell us the number of essence drops in your 5,000 stamina usage.

Calculator can be found here: https://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx

Probability of a green crystal is 15% (success in each trial)

Number is essence drops is the number of trials

Number of successes is zero per your OP.

The calculator will give the area under the curve. This is pure math. No opinions ... just the facts.

So here is an example:
                5,000 divided by 120 is roughly 41 essence drops floored (or rounded down) assuming you were an efficient stamina user. Inputs are 15%, 41 trials, and zero success.

In my example I get P(X=x) as 0.00127695606

If you had 35 essence drops in those same 5,000 stamina, then P(X=x) is 0.00338580857

So RABID, tell us what is a good estimate of essence drops that I should use for this online binominal calculator. Thanks.

Comment

from what i understand there has been no changes in the way drops on green crystals work. Batw and googoo have it correct on the math involved.. Having said that to get no drops in 5000 stamina is a rather low percentage possibility but it can happen. when it does it will really piss you off especially if you need green crystals for campaign. A lot of the game is based on random chance. Not sure if we can do a drop rate analysis perhaps Kroki can since he hits as much as he does, will ask him if he can measure a day to see what he gets and if it compares to the published number.
                  Last edited by Retribution (Eagles); 01-03-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Just my opinion here, green and red crystal drops are rare to start, but it seems that some monsters drop them more consistantly, last weekend I was hitting a chromus which gave more than I ever got from any monster, also there was a guildie that used to ask in chat for what monster was dropping crystals, so maybe there's something to this theory.
                    Keep https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...00000623043657

VoV https://web3.castleagegame.com/castle_ws/guildv2_home.php?guild_id=100000501322828_12828796 70

Comment

Originally posted by Suwayyah View Post
                      We already have a bottleneck in blue crystals - they are so rare.
                      If your guild and you partake in LoE, there will be an excess of blue crystals. The drop easily, such that people are sitting on thousands of unused blue crystals.
                      Chimوra

Comment

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post

If your guild and you partake in LoE, there will be an excess of blue crystals. The drop easily, such that people are sitting on thousands of unused blue crystals.
                        I know from recent experience trying to maintain the slackest guild in CA history, if you get your guild level up to at least 8 and participate in 1 or 2 LOE sieges per week, you can get blue crystal income up to a decent level. You don't even have to finish every siege, but it's good to follow through to the end with at least 1 per week to keep your guild level from dropping.

Comment

This game is gambling game. The odds are geared towards the house, and it is designed for us to lose. There is no "winning" for any of us, only the house wins.

Comment

Working...
                          X