Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Arena XIV Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of my 1 Facebook account and 3 iPhone accounts, only one of the iPhone minis has any hope of rising above rank 3 Warrior. This has nothing to do with the character build, but merely being at the top of the opponent bracket. Too much of the scoring has to do with conditions beyond the players' control.

This is my first active participation in Arena. My previous strategy has proven to be the most efficient way to play:
    A) Join Arena
    B) Do very little to nothing
    C) Collect the Rank 1 reward

I'm going to continue grinding away this time with every account, though. My guild wants some guild bonuses, and they'll be pissed if I wimp out of the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandigerbolls View Post

That's just the way this version scores. It's designed to make the players grind non-stop 24 hours a day until the event is over.
      😏
      This is my 14th Arena. Every Arena is a grind event. At least we can have four hours between wasting tokens from regeneration. It used to be two hours and the event lasted more days than this one, and many of us set two hour alarms for two weeks. The other plus is the great drops. The red and green crystal drops count toward Campaign, and I am able to alchemize chaos crystals and potions, as well as receiving whole potions. All in all, even though I hate eliminating defensive win points, this is still an event worth the grind.
      Chimوra

Comment

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post

This is my 14th Arena. Every Arena is a grind event. At least we can have four hours between wasting tokens from regeneration. It used to be two hours and the event lasted more days than this one, and many of us set two hour alarms for two weeks. The other plus is the great drops. The red and green crystal drops count toward Campaign, and I am able to alchemize chaos crystals and potions, as well as receiving whole potions. All in all, even though I hate eliminating defensive win points, this is still an event worth the grind.
        Agree with this event being worth the grind, also i am now more inclined to spend more fps to keep up on my rank.. esp since devs had eliminated the defensive wins (i may get myself a 500 or even 1k free pts in one day from defensive wins but i feel that it's a little price to pay to eliminate those scripting def wins), and now i can believe that most (if not all) of my competitor are doing what i do (maxing their tokens by either being active in every 4hrs and/or spending fps)... and this is me after spilling a ton of tokens last Christmas.
        for the meantime add me 5E51FD and this
        Pls do not hurt me... coz i know someone who knows someone that knows someone who can hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post

Not sure where you're getting that crazy number from?
          Points required for AV definitely haven't decreased that much. Or at all? Not sure what the cutoff was at the 1 hour mark. And numbers required for EV have gone up quite a lot.
          But for now it doesn't mean much anyway, it only shows how much people have played in the first hour of the event.
          8 days in and AV is about 200,000 points lower than last arena, and this is with less players. It just goes to show you how much people cheating using defensive wins.

Comment

Originally posted by John944615 View Post

8 days in and AV is about 200,000 points lower than last arena, and this is with less players. It just goes to show you how much people cheating using defensive wins.
            Yes, I totally agree. At the time you said what you said though it was completely wrong. And still now numbers definitely haven't dropped "by 80%".

Still, we can indeed see a very big decrease in AV numbers:
            Last year at 169 hours in the cutoff was at 369,575 points, while this year it's at 210,530 points.

​​​​​​EV has decreased a lot as well.
            Legend has decreased a tiny bit but nothing too significant.

On the other hand, Hero has increased a tiny bit, and all lower ranks have increased a bit as well. Which might be due to the slightly lower number of participants?

Comment

Besides defensive victories not counting, people fed up with Gaia are spending less and that could be also a factor.

Also, don't forget that this time we don't get extra points for victories one level above, son AV monsters are not getting any benefit from hunting EVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Barathor View Post
                Besides defensive victories not counting, people fed up with Gaia are spending less and that could be also a factor.

Also, don't forget that this time we don't get extra points for victories one level above, son AV monsters are not getting any benefit from hunting EVs.
                Also, don't forget that people don't get penalized for hitting down one rank this time There are many, many more Legends than EVs and AVs combined, so it is easier to have targets for 100 points.
                Chimوra

Comment

If Arena didn't demand 24-hour attention like a colicky infant, I don't think I would pick so much at the minor scoring and opponent-list problems with this version.

Comment

I am AV, I end up with 9 targets out of 10, if not 10 out of 10, being level Hero or lower 95% of the time... total bull****

Comment

• Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post

I fondly remember the 50 minute timers for Reckoning, my first serious attempt in an Arena, when we could have a maximum of 10 tokens at a time and recharged a token every five minutes. That one ran for 28 or 29 days and left me content to strive for more sleep and Legend in all of the Arenas that followed.

Comment

• I am just for the first time noticing this little sentence in the online help "- Guild Arena battle rank will confer a bonus that will only be active during the Arena's duration" [emphasis mine].

I like the carry over until the next Arena, thank you very much. This would suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by JefferMC View Post
                          I am just for the first time noticing this little sentence in the online help "- Guild Arena battle rank will confer a bonus that will only be active during the Arena's duration" [emphasis mine].

I like the carry over until the next Arena, thank you very much. This would suck.
                          It has always said that. If I remember correctly, the original devs didn't realize that they forgot to turn off the bonus, and after a few arenas they found out and decided to leave it as is.
                          Chimوra

Comment

• This is my 11th Arena and it has gone downhill every year. So much so, that I am no longer a paying player! Why? Every year the pool gets smaller and smaller, but the spenders remain. At one time a little spender can make Legend with a high build, not anymore. You'd be lucky to get to Hero now by spending, especially since there are so few targets for anyone to get more than a 100 at a time. And my big beef: they never take my suggestion for Arena. That is; Hero should get 1 General, Legend gets 2, Vanguard gets 4. and EV is 8. Why have a hero that no one will ever get,, even when they put them in those random chest promos? No incentive!!! I guarantee, more would be spending if they had a shot at the hero. even if its just 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron-Mike View Post
                              This is my 11th Arena and it has gone downhill every year. So much so, that I am no longer a paying player! Why? Every year the pool gets smaller and smaller, but the spenders remain. At one time a little spender can make Legend with a high build, not anymore. You'd be lucky to get to Hero now by spending, especially since there are so few targets for anyone to get more than a 100 at a time. And my big beef: they never take my suggestion for Arena. That is; Hero should get 1 General, Legend gets 2, Vanguard gets 4. and EV is 8. Why have a hero that no one will ever get,, even when they put them in those random chest promos? No incentive!!! I guarantee, more would be spending if they had a shot at the hero. even if its just 1.
                              I'll most likely end up Legend and I didn't buy a single refill.
                              I have a Monkey King giving me +7.74% free stuff though, I suppose I would end up Hero without it. But if I used some FP even without MK I could easily reach Legend. I don't miss a single token though except while I'm sleeping.

Legend requires a bit less points than last year, btw. So it should definitely be easier to reach. And AV requirements have decreased by an insane amount, I could reach it by using probably 200 FP or so where last year I would have probably needed closer to 750 FP.
                              Last edited by gogoo; 12-31-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post
                                "Guild Arena battle rank will confer a bonus that will only be active during the Arena's duration"

It has always said that. If I remember correctly, the original devs didn't realize that they forgot to turn off the bonus, and after a few arenas they found out and decided to leave it as is.
                                Since so much attention is diverted away from monsters and essence trading during Arena, those bonuses would be fairly useless if they didn't extend from one Arena to the next.

Comment

Working...
                                X