Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Special Campaign & Draculia - new kind of Chaos Campaign & new Monster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Special Campaign & Draculia - new kind of Chaos Campaign & new Monster

    iOS app patch notes:
    Version 1.920 - 17 nov. 2020

    1. New Monster is coming soon!
    - Draculia, the blood dominator is here. Keep fighting and get the rewards!

    2. New chaos campaign
    - Special campaign, Face more challenges, and get more exciting rewards!

    3. Optimizations and bug fixes

    First heard about it about 2 hours ago.

    CA Special Campaign start.jpg

    If you start a Chaos Campaign a new kind can now be chosen: the Special Campaign.

    At first glance it appears to be the same as a Hard Campaign, i.e. same tasks (and same possible monsters, to be verified). Monster tasks ask for 5% damage but it's probably a typo, apparently you still need 15%.

    The difference is that now the "Chaos Summon" allows you to get other things than Phantom Orbs:
    Blood Contract and Draculia Orb, which are probably (both?) used to summon the new monster Draculia.


    CA Special Campaign started.png

    CA Special Campaign Draculia Summon.png

    The chances seem a bit weird.
    Edit: And they've been updated on Nov. 23, 2020 - cf post #16


    It's already possible to obtain the items but there's currently no way to summon Draculia.
    No info on his drops, nothing in alchemy... I guess that's all the details we have for now.
    Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday, 05:05 PM.

  • #2
    saved spot (Special Campaign infos/details)



    Edit

    It appears Special Campaigns are the exact same as Hard Campaigns (exact same tasks).

    What changes is that you get a different "Chaos Summon".
    You can however accumulate Chaos Summon points during any kind of Campaign (Hard for instance) and use them later after starting another kind of Campaign (Special for instance).
    Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday, 05:11 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      saved spot (Draculia info/details)



      Edit
      New thread for Draculia specifically (released Nov. 23, 2020):
      New Monster: Draculia - Info & Data gathering


      Some have already started working on the wiki article as well!
      Draculia, The Blood Dominator - Wiki article
      Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday, 05:11 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        New things! Hope they will be fun

        Comment


        • #5
          I completed and got the orb, but I cannot find it to summon, now what?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by meljj54 View Post
            I completed and got the orb, but I cannot find it to summon, now what?
            For now it looks like the main things are not implemented yet. You can get the items but there's nowhere to summon Draculia from. AFAIK we currently have no further info. We'll just have to wait.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow, something new? When was the last time that happened? Come on Castle Age, quit being boring, . . . ho, hum, . . .
              Last edited by meristolis; 11-18-2020, 08:35 PM.
              Meristolis, Keeper of Lore

              Comment


              • #8
                Edit: Chances have been updated on Nov. 23, 2020, this post is currently outdated. - cf post #16
                However it appears Bad is still the best option if you're not too risk-averse.


                TL;DR: When collecting on Chaos Summon in Special Campaign, Bad (200 points) is the best option from very far.


                Edited my post to make it clearer and hopefully completely right "math-wise".


                draculia_orb.pngingredient_draculia_blood_contract.png


                To make it easier to see what the best options are, I made a table out of those chances:

                None: 0-199, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 0%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 0%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 0%
                Bad: 200-599, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 0%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 40%
                Good: 600-999, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 5%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 40%
                Great: 1000-1499, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 60%
                Best: 1500 and above, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 35%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 45%

                ---
                ---
                Blood Contract Draculia Orb Draculia Orb + Blood Contract Nothing
                0-199
                (None)
                0% 0% 0% 100%
                200-599
                (Bad)
                20% 40% 0% 40%
                600-999
                (Good)
                20% 40% 5% 35%
                1000-1499
                (Great)
                20% 60% 20% 0%
                1500+
                (Best)
                20% 45% 35% 0%
                ---
                ---
                At first glance we can see that the Bad chance seems actually quite good for only 200 points.
                While the Good chance seems extremely bad in comparison.
                Starting with Great you already have 100% chance of getting something. With 20% chance of getting both items at once. For 1000 points.
                And with Best you have 35% chance of getting both items at once. For 1500 points.

                To determine what the best option is, let's take a look at the expected number of items on average (per collection) that you will get. And how many points are required to get them.
                Bad gives 60% chance to obtain 1 item, Good 60% to get 1 and 5% to get 2, Great 80% to get 1 and 20% to get 2, and Best 65% to get 1 and 35% to get 2.

                So we get:

                Bad (200 pts):
                0.6 item on average for 200 points
                => 9 items on avg per 3000 points used
                Or if you collect at 240 points (more likely):
                => 7.5 items on avg per 3000 points used

                Good (600 pts):
                0.7 item on average for 600 pts
                => 3.5 items on avg per 3000 points used

                Great (1000 pts):
                1.2 items on average for 1000 pts
                => 3.6 items on avg per 3000 points used

                Best (1500 pts):
                1.35 items on average for 1500 pts
                => 2.7 items on avg per 3000 points used

                So Best is actually the worst and Bad is actually the best. Well, what do I know.

                We can clearly see it with how many items you can expect to get on average after using 3000 points, which I use an an example above.


                Blood Contract appears to be rarer so let's take that into consideration. We don't know yet exactly what they both will be used for. What's the best option if you need an item more than the other?

                Well the answer is still Bad.

                Let's confirm that with a little summary.


                Summary:
                ---
                Points used Expected n° of items on avg Expected n° of BC on avg Expected n° of DO on avg
                200 0.6 item
                9 for 3000 pts
                0.2 BC
                3 for 3000 pts
                0.4 DO
                6 for 3000 pts
                240 0.6 item
                7.5 for 3000 pts
                0.2 BC
                2.5 for 3000 pts
                0.4 DO
                5 for 3000 pts
                600 0.7 item
                3.5 for 3000 pts
                0.25 BC
                1.25 for 3000 pts
                0.45 DO
                2.25 for 3000 pts
                1000 1.2 items
                3.6 for 3000 pts
                0.4 BC
                1.2 for 3000 pts
                0.8 DO
                2.4 for 3000 pts
                1500 1.35 items
                2.7 for 3000 pts
                0.55 BC
                1.1 for 3000 pts
                0.8 DO
                1.6 for 3000 pts
                ---
                BC = Blood Contract, DO = Draculia Orb


                So we can see that even if you collect with 240 points, on average you will always get at least twice as many of any of the 2 items than if you collect at 600 points or above.

                So no matter what item you need, the Bad option is insanely better than anything else. And thus you should click Summon as soon as you reach 200 points.


                Note:
                Unless you're extremely risk-averse and don't want to have a 40% chance of getting nothing each time. If that's the case you can collect at Great to be sure to get smth each time, but you should get a lot less items over a relatively short amount of time.
                Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday, 05:07 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gogoo View Post
                  TL;DR: When collecting on Chaos Summon in Special Campaign, Bad (200 points) is the best option from very far.

                  Edit: I'll edit my post later with more accurate wording/math but the result still stands. Bas is the best option from very far.



                  To make it easier to see what the best options are, I made a table out of those chances:

                  None: 0-199, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 0%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 0%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 0%
                  Bad: 200-599, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 0%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 40%
                  Good: 600-999, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 5%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 40%
                  Great: 1000-1499, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 60%
                  Best: 1500 and above, Blood Contract x 1 chance: 20%, Draculia Orb x 1, Blood Contrac x 1 chance: 35%, Draculia Orb x 1 chance: 45%
                  ---
                  Blood Contract Draculia Orb Draculia Orb + Blood Contract Nothing
                  0-199
                  (None)
                  0% 0% 0% 100%
                  200-599
                  (Bad)
                  20% 40% 0% 40%
                  600-999
                  (Good)
                  20% 40% 5% 35%
                  1000-1499
                  (Great)
                  20% 60% 20% 0%
                  1500+
                  (Best)
                  20% 45% 35% 0%
                  ---
                  At first glance we can see that the Bad chance seems actually quite good for only 200 points.
                  While the Good chance seems extremely bad in comparison. I don't know if this is viable math but I think to determine what's best we may count twice the chance of getting both items at once.
                  So for Bad you have 60% chance of getting an item (for 200 points), and for Good you have on average 70% chance of getting 1 item for 600 points.

                  Please anyone correct me if that reasoning is flawed.

                  Starting with Great you already have 100% chance of getting something. And 20% chance of getting both items so a 120% chance to get 1 item on avg (if that even makes sense). For 1000 points.

                  With Best you have 35% chance of getting both items so 135% chance to get 1 item on avg. For 1500 points.


                  The Blood Contract appears to be rarer so you may also want to take that into consideration when choosing when to click the Summon button.
                  Although we don't know yet exactly what both those items will be used for.



                  Summary:
                  ---
                  Points required Avg chance to get 1 item BC avg chance DO avg chance
                  200 60%
                  0.3% per point
                  20%
                  0.1% per point
                  40%
                  0.2% per point
                  600 70%
                  0.117% per point
                  25%
                  0.042% per point
                  45%
                  0.075% per point
                  1000 120%
                  0.12% per point
                  40%
                  0.04% per point
                  80%
                  0.08% per point
                  1500 135%
                  0.09% per point
                  55%
                  0.037% per point
                  80%
                  0.053% per point
                  ---
                  ---

                  From what I can see here, no matter what you need, the Bad chance at 200 points is insanely better than anything else. So you should click Summon as soon as you reach 200 points.
                  Even if you get to 240 points before collecting, it's still much better (0.25% per point to get 1 item).
                  The % per point gets much worse at 600 points and never really go back up, the worse being at 1500 points...
                  Which is kinda silly but oh well.


                  Again, please correct me if my reasoning is wrong!
                  (I think my "wording" is wrong but the reasoning about what's best stands.)
                  Feedback:

                  1. Reserve judgement until we know what a Blood Contract (BC) or a Dracula Orb (DO) is or how it helps the players.

                  2. The prizes are in a range, e.g. 200 to 600 ... 1,500 to 1,600. While I understand minimizing points in the range is best, sometimes, it’s not possible. For example, do you **NOT** finish or start tasks to get to the optimal 200 points???

                  3. Use expected values as it is much easier to work with:
                  Bad is 0.20*BC plus 0.45*DO
                  Best is 0.55*BC plus 0.80*DO

                  4. There is a fallacy with using points to normalize or standardize the analysis
                  - campaigns take 2 weeks so you need to factor your point system over a standardized time period.
                  - if you finish campaign mode, you could spend 20 FP to restart (not sure if this stays true) so this is part of the reason you need factor in the time element

                  5. Another problem with the points system is it ignore stamina or energy usage. Hitting mobs for points for high stamina build is easy. Trading essence is easier for energy build. If you have FPs to burn, then none of that matters.

                  6. Risk aversion: Some players hate risk so GREAT or BEST would be the best choice regardless of point system.

                  Without knowing anything about BC or DO, I would lean toward GREAT because I have 100% of something.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So the most important question IMO is how fast can you finish a campaign mode? (This assumes you can restart one for 20 FP).

                    Campaign mode is on a 2-week cycle. However, if you finish all your tasks, you have the ability to start a new Campaign mode for 20 FP. So it’s possible someone might finish 2+ campaign modes in the same time it takes me to finish one 2-week Campaign mode.

                    This is just my opinion: if you ignore tasks like Medals, Demi Points, etc which are harder to complete, the rest of the tasks can be accomplished in a day.
                    - All the required mobs can be killed in one day if you can find them (or have friendly toons that can summon them) and have necessary stamina or FPs.
                    - Essence can be traded if you have energy & have stockpiled the essence (or use stamina or energy to get the necessary essence)
                    - Hero crystals can be obtained by converting hero dusts obtained via 10v
                    - Guild battle tasks might take a number of 10v, 100v, 5-hr GB & daily tokens (that can be refilled). This was much easier during Colo.
                    - Blue crystals depends on the right day but you can refill to get more tokens
                    - Red / Green crystals depends on the right day & for most stamina LSI builds, it’s not a hard task. For the rest of us we have to use FPs.
                    - Lvl up hero & potions is doable but I consider this a waste.
                    - Guild coins are easy if you do a lot of guild battle & spend 10 FP for bonus GC collect plus chaos gems award bonus GC.

                    Again, without the harder tasks like Demi Points, Medals (capped at 8 a day), etc, it’s possible to finish the entire Campaign mode tasks within days. And Easy mode is a lot easier than Hard mode. Btw, I would choose a Normal mode. If I had FPs to burn, I would cycle through Normal mode as fast as possible.

                    The point is if you can finish campaign modes quickly and thus accumulate points quickly as well: Do you gamble every time you get 200 points or stockpile the points and get 1 or 2 items GUARANTEED every 1,000 points. I don’t know the answer to that but I hate gambling.

                    Right now, we don’t have enough information:
                    - how valuable are the new items
                    - how long this Event will last

                    I am going to reserve judgment until we have more information. But don’t be surprised if this is a time limited Event for the Dev to get spenders to finish Campaign Modes ASAP.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I edited my post above to hopefully make it clearer and completely correct under all aspects.


                      Originally posted by Batw View Post
                      1. Reserve judgement until we know what a Blood Contract (BC) or a Dracula Orb (DO) is or how it helps the players.
                      There's no need to if there's 1 option which is better than all others no matter which item you want. Which is the case, as I stated in my post.
                      Unless one of the 2 items actually has a negative effect. Which I absolutely don't believe.


                      Originally posted by Batw View Post
                      2. The prizes are in a range, e.g. 200 to 600 ... 1,500 to 1,600. While I understand minimizing points in the range is best, sometimes, it’s not possible. For example, do you **NOT** finish or start tasks to get to the optimal 200 points???
                      It is indeed more likely to click the Summon button at 240 points rather than at 200 points. Which is exactly why I said the Bad option was still a lot better even when collecting at 240.

                      The only "problem" is if you fully finish a Campaign, then you'll get 300 points at once + the points from the last task and will probably end up with 360 points. Or more. Honestly it may still be better to collect right away. I haven't done the math at all values though.


                      Originally posted by Batw View Post
                      3. Use expected values as it is much easier to work with:
                      Bad is 0.20*BC plus 0.45*DO
                      Best is 0.55*BC plus 0.80*DO
                      Yep definitely, thx!


                      Originally posted by Batw View Post
                      4. There is a fallacy with using points to normalize or standardize the analysis
                      - campaigns take 2 weeks so you need to factor your point system over a standardized time period.
                      - if you finish campaign mode, you could spend 20 FP to restart (not sure if this stays true) so this is part of the reason you need factor in the time element
                      I'm not sure why that matters? You don't need to wait and can click the Summon button, I don't think there's any restriction? So you can simply clik it every time you go above 200 pts, for instance. If it takes you 2 weeks or 3 days to get 1000 points, what will it change? You'll be able to collect let's say 4 times at Bad or 1 time at Great in both cases.


                      Originally posted by Batw View Post
                      5. Another problem with the points system is it ignore stamina or energy usage. Hitting mobs for points for high stamina build is easy. Trading essence is easier for energy build. If you have FPs to burn, then none of that matters.
                      Again, I don't see where that matters, much or at all.


                      Originally posted by Batw View Post
                      6. Risk aversion: Some players hate risk so GREAT or BEST would be the best choice regardless of point system.
                      True. But in that case you really have to have a deathly allergy to risk to not collect at Bad.



                      Edit:
                      I'm assuming players are doing the Special Campaign, because if you choose a Hard/Normal/Easy Campaign, then there are more things to consider, as you can't collect whenever you want if you want Draculia's stuff. Maybe that's what you were referring to in some cases.
                      And in that case maybe it's better to keep collecting Phantom Orbs. Or you'll have to start a Special Campaign at some point anyway.
                      Last edited by gogoo; 11-19-2020, 11:02 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Batw View Post
                        So the most important question IMO is how fast can you finish a campaign mode? (This assumes you can restart one for 20 FP).
                        I don't think that matters. If you want Draculia's stuff the best is definitely to keep doing Special Campaigns to be able to collect at Bad at any time.
                        And then it doesn't matter how slow or fast you complete tasks, does it?



                        Originally posted by Batw View Post
                        Right now, we don’t have enough information:
                        - how valuable are the new items
                        - how long this Event will last

                        I am going to reserve judgment until we have more information. But don’t be surprised if this is a time limited Event for the Dev to get spenders to finish Campaign Modes ASAP.
                        1 - We don't need to know how valuable the items are to know what the best option is (see posts above).

                        2 - I believe this feature is going to stick rather than being a time-limited event (just a guess), but you're right on that, we don't know yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          1100 points and I got - You have been reward: Blood Contract x1
                          Bok https://apps.facebook.com/castle_age...user=589110111 Buzzz http://apps.facebook.com/castle_age/...0341769&ref=nf

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Apparently the new monster has been available for about 4 hours now.
                            You can summon it at the same place as other regular monsters.

                            You can also check the 2 new legendary alchemies in the Alchemy page, although the stats aren't displayed.
                            An Armor (requiring once again the Phantoms Legendaries), and a Magic (requiring Vargulis Legendary Magic and Alpha Vincent's Magic), which will probably be the first Legendary Magic with slots.

                            There's also new equipment as Rare drops, I'll post pics and stats later unless someone does it first!
                            Epic and Legendary drops are Alchemy ingredients.
                            Much like latest Monsters work (Chromus for instance).



                            Note:
                            The Chaos Summon chances have been changed, in particular the "Bad" chance has been nerfed. Ofc they didn't make "Best" any better however...
                            Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday, 08:08 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'll try to put up a spreadsheet for damage & loot drops today but not sure I'll have the time.

                              Unless Ditendra does it first 😉 Or maybe Barathor if he's around currently!



                              Edit:
                              Made a new thread: New Monster: Draculia - Info & Data gathering
                              Last edited by gogoo; Yesterday, 08:45 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X