Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Petition for the next season of Colosseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gogoo View Post
    Making it so that Teams need to be composed of players of the same rank (or close ranks) should be enough to eliminate most of the abuse I believe.

If there's one Gladiator in a Team, everyone else needs to be Gladiator as well, for instance. Then it's not sustainable to make losing teams.

I really don't think getting rid of Teams altogether is necessary.
    lmao....that's what the dev's said they were gonna do this time.....and they LIED....AGAIN....teams need to be abolished...every man for himself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RABID View Post

lmao....that's what the dev's said they were gonna do this time.....and they LIED....AGAIN....teams need to be abolished...every man for himself!!!
      Where did any dev say that? I'm following conversations quite closely here and on Discord and never saw that. Might have missed it though.

Also, the fact that they didn't do it doesn't mean it doesn't work, there's no logic in saying "since they don't do it now they need to remove teams".

Comment

Where did any dev say that? I'm following conversations quite closely here and on Discord and never saw that. Might have missed it though.

Also, the fact that they didn't do it doesn't mean it doesn't work, there's no logic in saying "since they don't do it now they need to remove teams".
        Well then, translate this....【Matchmaking】You can choose Random Team or Set Team to search for other players. We will arrange similar-tier opponents for you. The search will stop if no opponent has been found for 10 minutes.

what does "similar tier" mean to you? to me it should a fair battle/ match....and as we all know...it was anything but that

Comment

Originally posted by RABID View Post

Well then, translate this....【Matchmaking】You can choose Random Team or Set Team to search for other players. We will arrange similar-tier opponents for you. The search will stop if no opponent has been found for 10 minutes.

what does "similar tier" mean to you? to me it should a fair battle/ match....and as we all know...it was anything but that
          AFAIK for Teams it uses the highest ranked player of the team. If you have even 1 Gladiator, even if the rest of the team is Bronze, you're going to fight against Teams with at least 1 Gladiator in it, and usually it's 5 Gladiator players. Except if you're matched against a losing team. That's how the system is abused.

For Random Teams if there are many players within a rank (for instance Gold), most of the time you're going to fight with and against other Gold players. Sometimes it may happen that you're matched against a Platinum or Silver player for whom the matchmaking didn't find a match within his own rank. Since there aren't many players in Plat, Plat players will often fight against Gold players I believe.

The thing is, if you remove the 50/60 points loss and the horrible grind of 100 Points per star, it will mostly fix the matchmaking issues for Random Teams, as players will much quicker end up in the rank they belong and fight against other players of similar strength.
          Last edited by gogoo; 09-12-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

No Teams.
            Start with 5 tokens instead of 10. The Lag is horrendous when matches start and might be dead by the time you do one action.
            Reduce the time between tokens or at least reduce it as the match progresses. Matches shouldn't be less than a minute or longer than 5 minutes.
            Remove screen scrolling. You should not be required to scroll the screen to access players at the bottom positions.
            Remove the "you have a match" button popping up after spending your first token.
            Match players that are active together vs players that are not active (0 to a few tokens per match). Note: Not penalising players if the match is less than 30 seconds if they were not able to spend tokens.
            Reduce the grind to get to higher ranks.
            Equal points for all ranks. Higher ranks should not be able to get more rewards from the shop. The end of the season with rewards should be the only difference.
            Last edited by Foreshadow; 09-12-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Yes! No Teams!

Comment

Teams ruins the event for almost everyone.

Comment

Bump. If anyone else wants to vote before I bring this thread to the attention of GuoBiao.

Comment

can reduce duration to 5 mins instead of 20 mins since most of the time it is a torture if there is a team of 5 afk

Comment

Bump. If anyone else wants to vote before I bring this thread to the attention of GuoBiao.
                      How about a suggestion where a loss doesn't cost as many points as a win gains? Say +10 points per win, -5 per loss or something so people can at least have the option to grind. It's a free event that does not have a limit to how many people can reach gladiator... something where persistence can make up a build deficit isn't a terrible thing so that it appeals to the most amount of people possible.

Comment

Originally posted by pull lead View Post

How about a suggestion where a loss doesn't cost as many points as a win gains? Say +10 points per win, -5 per loss or something so people can at least have the option to grind. It's a free event that does not have a limit to how many people can reach gladiator... something where persistence can make up a build deficit isn't a terrible thing so that it appeals to the most amount of people possible.
                        I think if the event is fun it should appeal to everyone even if you can't reach the highest rank. Honestly I'd find it dull if anyone could reach the highest rank just by mindlessly grinding. Colosseum is giving me an incentive to become stronger (well, the first seasons at least). If there's no point is getting stronger to get better rewards, I think the event is losing its appeal (it did lose it for me the past 2 seasons as getting stronger and fighting fiercely was pointless, I'd end up at the same rank no matter what).

I think the no 50/60 points loss and reduction of points required to climb should make Colosseum much more fun and fair already. I'd rather not overdo it and have the devs massively nerf everything on the following season.
                        I think if they do implement what I'm suggesting (honestly I don't have much hope...), we should first see if that fixes the issue we have and then suggest more changes if that seems necessary.

Also I'd rather suggest very few and simple solutions (and hopefully very effective nonetheless) to increase the chance of seeing them being implemented.
                        If those solutions work, IMO the next steps would be: see post below

Edit:
                        Rather than making it so anyone can reach the highest rank and get the best reward, I'd give more meaningful rewards at lower ranks. The items offered are really just a little participation trophy currently, with always just 1 slot and no pierce/resist.
                        But to me that's also relatively low priority. The Honor Points are a very nice reward by themselves, and the fun of the battles is also very important.

Last edited by gogoo; 09-30-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Next important steps to improve Colosseum (after the 2 suggestions in the OP):
                          • Making a change to the Team feature (making it so that you can only team up with players of similar ranks - that should fix the "losing teams" abuse)
                          • Finding a solution for the players at the highest ranks who have unfun matches often against the same teams (some of them being pretty much unbeatable, some of them being just put there to annoy other teams, from what I've heard...).
                          And if necessary:
                          • Improving the matchmaking system, in order to create even more fun matches (take into account first the rank, but then the levels for instance to try to make more fair matches - so you don't find yourself the only level 1000 player with 4 level 1's against 5 level 1000).
                          • Fine-tune the Colosseum Points system (if it's still too hard to climb e.g.).

Then, small but nice improvements:
                          • Put a level requirement (level 150?) to enter the Colosseum (mostly to avoid inactive high health minis, stuff like that).
                          • Make the final reward items better (currently they're always pretty much useless).

Other possible improvements (which are probably more subjective):
                          • Max token 10 but start with 5/10, and get 5 more every 1 minute (and the timer to get 5 more starts at the same time as the match), so you're not penalized as much if you join a bit late. Also that's more tokens overall (and less waiting time between tokens), but it shouldn't be messy if implemented this way I believe.
                          • Allow Clerics to self-cleanse Confuse, so Clerics will have their place in Colo and Confuse will be less OP and infuriating at high levels of play. Maybe also remove the +50% effective attack boost - Confuse is powerful enough that it doesn't need to be made super easy to apply.
                          • Maybe nerf Warriors a bit somehow, maybe by making Confidence not work while stunned? Just an idea. If Mages are nerfed, Warriors may be as well. And Rogues may then become a bit more relevant next to Warriors?
                          • Add a team chat for matches, so players can elaborate strategies and really fight together against the opposing team, even in Random Teams.
                          Last edited by gogoo; 10-09-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

This was my first Colosseum event. Some background. After a 3-4 year hiatus from Castle Age, I once more am handling numerous accounts ranging in levels from 192 to 1350, and spanning all four classes. I am not into monsters.. I love battles! And nearly all of the smaller accounts have a raw BSI of 12+, though one is a very soft Warrior Sentinel; while the two 1300+ level accounts, are only around 6-7 raw BSIs. Also, while I played 3 accounts at a time, I started each one at separate times. After spending each one’s tokens battling first, I would then start the next account. So I was not just entering, hitting once and leaving (ie. ‘game cheat’). I battled each one out, only moving from one to another when the former account was out of tokens or dead. But for those of you that stop playing as soon as you are dead, or cannot get a win.. know there are those of us that have nothing but disdain for you. As a LOT of close battles can and are won by continuing to hit and lose while dead!

So my first comment is I like that fact that if an account joins but does not hit, it does not receive Honor points; as I understand that in previous Colosseum events, they got points even when they did not hit at all. However, I would like to see that participation requirement expanded. So many battles could and should have been won, if more of the accounts that hit once and left, had instead simply used all their tokens first. I do not know how this ‘encouragement’ would best be accomplished. And depending on ones internet connectivity, by the time some finally get in, they are already dead, or only have the chance to hit once or thrice, so there needs to be some leniency in it. Off the top of my head, I would suggest awarding 1 additional Honor point per 5 tokens spent in each individual battle.

Next, and I do not know if this is already the case or not, is that Teams should only play against other Teams. I am still on the fence about Team play at all. While I do not know enough from my limited experience to suggest getting rid of Teams altogether, it just seems unfair to have these monster-sized, all powerful teams getting to compete against thrown-together Squads, and pretty much running them and everyone over. However, I do get the fun of working as a well organized Team, and battling against other top dogs.

I tried playing on a Team, only to be smashed 3 times in a row by the same monster-sized Team consisting of 5 level 4000+ accounts in less than a minute each time. And yet, later I put this to use (ie. ‘game cheat’). If you were simply trying to earn weekly Honor points, and not worried about progressing to a higher Tier, forming a Team and getting whacked off in less than a minute by monster-sized teams, means one can more quickly LOSE their way to maximum weekly Honor points (IF.. one was able to get a hit off by all Team accounts!).

Now I did like the points and progression up TO.. the Gold Tier (3 Bronze Tiers, 150 for wins, 90 for losses; 3 Silver Tiers, 200 for wins, 120 for losses; 4 Gold Tiers, 250 for wins, 150 for losses). It seems fair, and just means one has to put in the effort. And yes, I know everyone cannot put the same amount of time into it as others, but accounts should have to EARN it by going through the daily/weekly grind. It is NOT supposed to easy. Those thinking there should be similar or the same participation trophies for all, well, this is not the game for you. And yes, those willing and able to pump in their $$ are always going to have a leg up, but I say get over it (and btw, I am NOT one with unlimited $$).

I also liked the fact that for Bronze and Silver, an account did not have points taken away, causing them to fall back, as it is in the Gold Tier and above. And this leads me to saying the progression within the Gold Tier absolutely should be restructured (I cannot speak to anything higher than Gold, as the ones I ran never so much as sniffed anything above Gold 1* 90 - my high). As is, starting at the Gold Tier, the progression basically prevents smaller accounts (<500) from climbing up beyond it, no mater how much or often they grind. None of mine could, and I am retired and played nearly every hour available for the entire event (lol, just ask those in my guild - Dark Apocalypse). Except for the two 1300+ levels (who also could not progress past Gold 1*) the smaller accounts I handle had to pretty much play Cleric exclusively to make any upward progression. It gets BORING! doing nothing but Heal, Mass Heal, Cleanse and Resurrect, day in, day out, hundreds and hundreds of battles, but this was the only way to provide a value-added to the Squad.

So that is what 6 of the <350 level accounts did for the entire event; while 1 more used Smoke and Intimidate as a Rogue, and 1 more served as a Sentinel, and the two level 1300+ accounts, one Cleric, the other Warrior. This is because lower level Mages and Warriors, and even most Rogues, cannot realistically contribute much in the battles playing those classes. In any event, I managed to progress all of these up to Gold, but then.. forget ANY chance of them progressing beyond that. This is not fun. I would like them to compete in the classes they normal are, but against similar sized opponents, not monster-sized Goliaths.

However, this brings up the question of exactly which level and type of accounts should reasonably have a chance to progress beyond Gold. And to possibly earn the top rewards? Should a level 10 account playing (or sitting and really NOT playing) on a monster-sized Team, be allowed to get these top prizes? Absolutely not! There is no fairness in that.. it is a ‘game cheat’. And for some Teams it is not only a ‘game cheat’ for the small level 10 sitting account, but to some extent the monster-sized level 3000+ accounts it has been teamed up with, to simply and only be used as a low health buffer against the most prevalent class, with the most dangerous ability, in Colosseum.. the Warrior and Whirlwind (Confuse was EXTREMELY annoying, but not as fatal as Whirlwind).

That is why, regardless of whether Teams are in play against non-Team accounts or not, I think there should be separate Divisions based on account levels. And not based on the average of participating accounts in a Team or Squad, but each account’s individual level. Presently there is no way for an above average single, but lower level account (<500), to significantly contribute with any regularity, much less expect them to progress up beyond the Gold Tier, when they almost always are facing 2-3 1000+ levels. Yes, I know there are a few, but very rare, low level account exceptions.

Why not have separate Divisions. Again, off the top of my head: Division I - levels 4000+, Division II - levels 1000-3999, and Division III - levels 1-999. Though maybe in Team play there should be more latitude, so maybe just two Team Divisions - levels 1-999, and those 1000+. This would not only reduce the ‘game cheats’ out there, more importantly, it would allow like-sized accounts an honest chance to compete against others of like size, and determine who’s who.

Okay, if there are Divisions, then should a level 666 account then receive the same top end prize/reward as that of a level 4000+? I would not be a fan of that. I would expect the top rewards offered for the three Divisions to be slightly different, but not by much. And if your lower level wants a better reward? Grow!! Like the rest of us, through time spent and participation in the game.

Anyway, those are my thoughts based on my first Colosseum event. It was a GRIND! But I really enjoyed it, and learned a lot about different generals and alliances, and some little tricks (beneficial knowledge and practices) along the way as well. And after the event's final Honor points reward arrived, one of the small accounts I ran earned their 5th Time Keeper (all others ended with 4). Not bad for a first go.

Cheers..
                            Last edited by Trevor; 10-08-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I think if the event is fun it should appeal to everyone even if you can't reach the highest rank. Honestly I'd find it dull if anyone could reach the highest rank just by mindlessly grinding. Colosseum is giving me an incentive to become stronger (well, the first seasons at least). If there's no point is getting stronger to get better rewards, I think the event is losing its appeal (it did lose it for me the past 2 seasons as getting stronger and fighting fiercely was pointless, I'd end up at the same rank no matter what).
                              My issue in advancement is that there seem to be three de facto tiers:
                              The very, very strong and active: All at the top.
                              The not very active: All in Bronze/Silver.
                              Everyone else: Gold IV.

Comment

Working...
                              X