Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Colosseum Season IV --> Jun 10 to Sep 09 '20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears the 50 points loss in Gold and above still happens (for more info about what this "rule" is, check "Season 3" in this section: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Co...ns_differences)

So Gold will be where the vast majority of the active players will end up... It will be impossible for almost everyone to go through Gold, it's going to be an extremely bad experience I believe...

Comment

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post

Most of the low level inactive alts I have seen have 1-2K battle health, so their presence makes it easier to win.
      ya...for the opposing team....easy enrage and DF and confidence points....2000 pt.s isn't squat

Comment

Look at those low level toons with huge health and zero battle points...

And this guild (Noblesse oblige) is currently under attack in Mist. Look at their level, class and health:

Clearly owner of this guild is breeding low level toons with huge health and evades...

So basically what he does is to make a team of his health tanks and bring them in Colosseum. He's not even playing with them... Quite upsetting and aggravating... I still stand on my opinion that we should have minimum level of 300 for Colosseum to enter in order to avoid such abuse what this guy & players like him is doing there currently. Maybe make a poll for that and see how many people want it, so maybe devs will hear us and next Colosseum will be level capped?
        Last edited by Ditendra; 06-16-2020, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ditendra View Post
          Look at those low level toons with huge health and zero battle points...
          Clearly owner of this guild is breeding low level toons with huge health and evades...

So basically what he does is to make a team of his health tanks and bring them in Colosseum. He's not even playing with them... Quite upsetting and aggravating... I still stand on my opinion that we should have minimum level of 300 for Colosseum to enter in order to avoid such abuse what this guy & players like him is doing there currently. Maybe make a poll for that and see how many people want it, so maybe devs will hear us and next Colosseum will be level capped?
          Whether they are alts or not, your job is to win the battle. That looks to be an easy battle to win even if I am the only active on my side. I will take that battle every time to get to silver before the weekend
          Chimوra

Comment

Originally posted by Fadasmax View Post
            You wanna 'fix' Confuse? Remove the % to atk - thats it, simple, period!
            Easy way to avoid the 50% to attack --> Choose cleric, DF yourself up to 50% or even more before the mage confuses. Free to play, no devs required.

When "a problem" can be solved with simple game strategy, is not a something for the devs to solve, it is not a problem, it is actually an inconvenience or class personal prefference a certain player has.

By the way, there are changes in this season to prevent actively confusing. I am actually not playing mage this season because of it, and switched to warrior which is way more overpowered. But see the difference and decision I took: I see other class yields better results I just change to it, instead of blaming the devs of creating "a problem" and ruining a class.

Still waiting for "confidence/Leadership" resistance general or items , this is the biggest overpowered skill in the game: being allowed to hit for 6x (multiplied by 6 compared to any other class) damage per token (together with WW).
            Last edited by namaxe; 06-17-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post

Whether they are alts or not, your job is to win the battle. That looks to be an easy battle to win even if I am the only active on my side. I will take that battle every time to get to silver before the weekend
              the gribnd ti silver is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by namaxe View Post

Easy way to avoid the 50% to attack --> Choose cleric, DF yourself up to 50% or even more before the mage confuses. Free to play, no devs required.

When "a problem" can be solved with simple game strategy, is not a something for the devs to solve, it is not a problem, it is actually an inconvenience or class personal prefference a certain player has.

By the way, there are changes in this season to prevent actively confusing. I am actually not playing mage this season because of it, and switched to warrior which is way more overpowered. But see the difference and decision I took: I see other class yields better results I just change to it, instead of blaming the devs of creating "a problem" and ruining a class.

Still waiting for "confidence/Leadership" resistance general or items , this is the biggest overpowered skill in the game: being allowed to hit for 6x (multiplied by 6 compared to any other class) damage per token (together with WW).
                First thing:

You act as if DF was a specific counter to Confuse. It's absolutely not. If you use DF, you'll increase your ability to bounce any player and any special power. Confuse will still increase the reach of the caster btw. Maybe the mage won't be able to hit you normally after you use DF twice, but he may still be able to Confuse you.

I'm not saying DF is not one way to counter Confuse - but it's one way to counter a lot of things, and it definitely doesn't work better against Confuse than against anything else.

Second thing:

About Warriors: I do agree the damage is a lot. It's a lot compared to other classes. We could also say that Rogues' damage in underpowered.
                And I'm not sure I'd be in favor of reducing Warriors' damage - I'd probably be more in favor of increasing other classes' damage (and especially Rogues, against a single target).
                Because with how much Health people have nowadays, we also need lots of damage. And the issue if there's really too much dmg is linked more to huge damage runes than to the Warrior class - top players in Colo don't use Meekah AFAIK, but Layla-Trundle-MK. Although ofc I don't deny Warriors powers still help a lot, and other classes would be boosted.

When it comes to Mages and Confuse, I most definitely would never be in favor of giving similar powers to other classes.
                Because Confuse is a fundamentally unfun power IMO.
                Put 5 strong Warriors against 5 strong Warriors, well most likely the better team is going to win, and the battle will be over super quickly no matter what. May not be the most interesting match ever, but it's alright.
                Put 5 Mages with good Confuse against 5 other Mages with good Confuse, and you got yourself the most boring match of the year which will only end when the timer runs out.
                You should NOT put in a game a power that is so fundamentally unfun. I'm not even talking about whether it's overpowered or not.
                Confuse is more than not fun, it's extremely boring/unfun/frustrating/whatever you want to call it. And yes, I do believe in its current state it is also a bit overpowered at high levels.
                Again for this I'd suggest the possibility for Clerics to self-cleanse with 100% of maybe only 50% chance. And ideally 2 buttons for Confuse, one costing 1 token without the attack bonus, and one for 2 tokens with the attack bonus.
                Last edited by gogoo; 06-17-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

COLO KEEPS CRASHING....EVERYDAY.....EVERY SESSION.....this is getting to be a joke

Comment

Going to be interesting -- I did not play first season.
                    2nd season while it was a major grind, I made gladiator.
                    Last season (3) I made gold on the next to the last week of the season - had no chance at going further. I hit silver about 2/3 the way through that season.

Season 4: I hit silver after 3 days. Then it turned into a grind with matches that were equalized.

Opinion - Mages are powered up too much still, they were in season 3 as well.

I Will be curious if I can get past gold this season - time will tell.
                    Peℜℜin G❂ldeneyes ΣҜΩ (lvl 3261+) Playing since 2009 **army code: FCA8AD Add me if you want!

Comment

• Originally posted by namaxe View Post
                      I am actually not playing mage this season because of it, and switched to warrior which is way more overpowered. But see the difference and decision I took: I see other class yields better results I just change to it, instead of blaming the devs of creating "a problem" and ruining a class.

You finally saw that being a Mage with Confuse is counter productive to your Colo experience cuz all it does is slows battles way down.
                      And having 1-2 (maybe won?) battles in 20 mins is way worse than having 10 in 20 mins (even if half of them are won).
                      Confidence can be reduced/mitigated by winning vs the warrior using it.
                      Strong WWers dont use Meekah, instead an equally leveled/promoted Attilius is way better, in Colo.
                      In the end of the day, all it matters is most gains vs less time to gain them.
                      A good decision that i endorse.
                      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fadasmax View Post

You finally saw that being a Mage with Confuse is counter productive to your Colo experience cuz all it does is slows battles way down.
                        And having 1-2 (maybe won?) battles in 20 mins is way worse than having 10 in 20 mins (even if half of them are won).
                        Confidence can be reduced/mitigated by winning vs the warrior using it.
                        Strong WWers dont use Meekah, instead an equally leveled/promoted Attilius is way better, in Colo.
                        In the end of the day, all it matters is most gains vs less time to gain them.
                        A good decision that i endorse.
                        My reason in a nutshell is "I win more battles playing warrior than playing mage". A longer version of the reason: I realized last season confusing my team was more effective. This season because there have been changes, there are more teams with newer strategies that are making my confuse strategy less effective than previous year.

The shorter version of the battles is not as important to me. For me the important thing is the % battles you win vs the ones you loose.

Regarding your other post, with respect, but I disagree:
                        - DF is obviously not designed to defend against confuse. I just said if someone it at risk because there is any attack having a 50% attack increase, you can defend yourself increasing your own stats. More specifically if the main issue with confuse is the 50% attack, a 50% defense should suffice to equal that power (having the same stats of course).
                        - You said "Confuse is not fun", well it is actually very fun when you cast it. What is not fun to me, is being killed in 2-3 tokens I can guarantee you that .
                        - High health runes, guarding limits, are also way way smaller than 6x damage. I have seen colo battles with 150.000 or 200.0000 total health all guarded, end in less than 2 minutes during the first salvo. More battles I can remember in this 2 weeks. That is not fun.
                        - In a colo game 5 warriors against 5 warriors, the "stronger" team will win, not the "best" team as you said. The best team is the one playing better, having more knowledge, and react to the battle and be fast. That is not fun IMHO. Having other classes that can put into trouble the "strongest" team with their 6x damage are key to keep the game fun.

There comes my suggestion to equal classes: Intimidate for Rogues (poor rogues that are underpowered) should also have a chance to remove all confidence built even upon defeat, exactly the same as divine favor and enrage. This would bit a bit of boost to rogues and add a way of defending against confidence.

Comment

• So looking at the scoring system, I'm guessing its the same crap as last time, where most accounts have no chance of making it past gold? The devs seem insistent on making this entire game elitist and the rewards only accesible for the same 50-100 players for some reason. The earlier seasons of colo had their own problems, but at least strong accounts that aren't level 5k+ could attain gladiator rank.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Resurrection View Post
                            So looking at the scoring system, I'm guessing its the same crap as last time, where most accounts have no chance of making it past gold? The devs seem insistent on making this entire game elitist and the rewards only accesible for the same 50-100 players for some reason. The earlier seasons of colo had their own problems, but at least strong accounts that aren't level 5k+ could attain gladiator rank.
                            That's exactly correct....much of the reason for the blatantly poor matching

Comment

• Originally posted by The Resurrection View Post
                              So looking at the scoring system, I'm guessing its the same crap as last time, where most accounts have no chance of making it past gold? The devs seem insistent on making this entire game elitist and the rewards only accesible for the same 50-100 players for some reason. The earlier seasons of colo had their own problems, but at least strong accounts that aren't level 5k+ could attain gladiator rank.
                              Jon, I expect you will not have a problem making it past gold. We are one week into it and I will be Silver tomorrow, which is a huge difference from last season. I only play one time slot a day and on average maybe half the available time in a slot. 9 wins will have me in Silver, and I win 80-90% of my battles in Bronze. That will change a lot in Silver, but my delay in Bronze has been lack of playing.
                              Chimوra

Comment

• Originally posted by thomasj8 View Post

Jon, I expect you will not have a problem making it past gold. We are one week into it and I will be Silver tomorrow, which is a huge difference from last season. I only play one time slot a day and on average maybe half the available time in a slot. 9 wins will have me in Silver, and I win 80-90% of my battles in Bronze. That will change a lot in Silver, but my delay in Bronze has been lack of playing.
                                I had no problem reaching Gold last time either. And I actually can only play this one or two sessions on a week. Up until gold I win almost 100% of the battles, but once you reach gold it's different.
                                The huge difference is not being penalised for silver/bronze so you can slowly plod through. Once in gold, assuming the mechanic is the same, you lose a match and can drop down 10 or more slots at once. And you will lose, because a lot of the matches are just "biggest warrior" shoot outs.
                                Last time I was winning maybe 75% of my gold matches and didn't come close to progressing out of the tier due to the utterly ridiculous way it penalised losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X