Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

The Demon Chimera is back! - Event #2 (May 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Demon Chimera is back! - Event #2 (May 2020)

limited_time_monster_web_2.png

The limited time monster is back!

We didn't have to wait much (1 month), and it's great to see it's here only 3 days after Meteorite; It may mean it won't interfere much with other events appearances.

You can check the wiki for more info on the event and monsters: Demon Chimera

First monster this time is the Demon Chimera of Lightning (last time it was Earth, Fire, Lightning).

Demon Chimera's Health:

I asked Retribution and BadPuppehs to help me out with the data we gathered here last event: Demon Chimera's HP - data gathering

They found the monster's HP is directly related to player level + (1.75 to 2)*max stamina.

Player level and stamina are probably the only 2 factors taken into account, and stamina counts roughly twice as much as level towards the increase in the monster's HP. Basically, the higher level you are and the more stamina you have, the more HP the Chimera will have.

Let's gather some more data and see if we can determine a more precise formula!

If you wish to help, simply fill this Google Form:

-- Demon Chimera HP - Castle Age --

The percentage of the Chimera's HP left is always indicated. So you can simply hit the Chimera once, look how much dmg you dealt and how much HP is left in percentage and fill the form.

In order to get more precise results though, we need to use the "inspect element" method:

After hitting the Chimera, right click on the HP bar and choose "Inspect element". You should find a line with something like "width:94.811335807775" somewhere and that's the exact percentage of HP left. You can simply copy-paste the number in the form

Example:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2.png Views:	39 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	2746333
    Last edited by gogoo; 05-22-2020, 08:43 AM.

Level 680
    chimera HP 46,044,338

My stamina 1048

Comment

Please use the Google Form to share your data on your monster's HP

-- Demon Chimera HP - Castle Age --

If you've already killed your Chimera today you can still share your data tomorrow or later!

Thanks for helping

"Inspect element" method to get precise results:

After you've hit the Chimera once and checked the damage you've dealt, right click on the HP bar and choose "Inspect element".

You will find a line with something like "width:94.811335807775" somewhere and that's the exact percentage of HP left. You can simply copy and paste the number in the form 🙂

Example:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2.png Views:	39 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	2746333
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gogoo; 05-22-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Lvl 1658
        Stamina: 4000
        Energy: 4114
        Chimera HP: 116,932,531

Comment

Hi,
          I play with my smartphone and I can't use the right click.
          The only data i can provide are:
          Lvl 1498
          Stamina 1449
          2600 stam used
          Hope it's usefull
          https://web3.castleagegame.com/castl...user=522438691

Comment

Originally posted by jonsnow View Post
            Hi,
            I play with my smartphone and I can't use the right click.
            The only data i can provide are:
            Lvl 1498
            Stamina 1449
            2600 stam used
            Hope it's usefull
            Hello!
            We also need to know the damage you dealt and how much HP is remaining in percentage

For instance:
            Lvl 1498
            Stamina 1449
            Dmg dealt 5980456
            Health remaining 94.36% (or 94.361335807775% for instance if you used the inspect element method for better results)

Simply fill this form to help us with your data: -- Demon Chimera HP - Castle Age --

Thanks!
            Last edited by gogoo; 05-24-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

What is better to alchemy first, the
              SPECTER GAUNTLET or SPECTER GREAVES?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Lady 01 View Post
                I would go with whatever provides the biggest boost for your avatar.
                Last edited by Ray-Ray; 05-24-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post

Hello!
                  We also need to know the damage you dealt and how much HP is remaining in percentage

For instance:
                  Lvl 1498
                  Stamina 1449
                  Dmg dealt 5980456
                  Health remaining 94.36%

Simply fill this form to help us with your data: -- Demon Chimera HP - Castle Age --

Thanks!
                  Done, thanks for your work, gogoo
                  https://web3.castleagegame.com/castl...user=522438691

Comment

Keen to gather opinions on going for the tier 2 items. Tier 3 is totally out of reach for me, I'd have to play for another decade, by which time the game is dead (most likely) or will have easy to get items that are as good as the current top tier anyway.

Tier 2, however, would be very much in reach, particularly seeing how quickly the Chimera comes around so far.

The stat difference between the 1st and 2nd tier items is small though, and 2nd tier is not a legendary so the slot possibilities are the same. For me (and probably most), the other Chimera rewards are already insignificant, given that it now takes a huge amount of ores to upgrade my furnace further.

Hitting the Chimera takes a lot of stamina, does not drop essences, no hunter points, no FP drop potential. It doesn't make sense for me to continue to target the Chimera after I have the first boots and off-hand, and I already have the deathgauntlet so the gloves are no good.

What are other people planning to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffers View Post

....What are other people planning to do?
                      Like you say, lvl 3 gear is out of reach for me as well.
                      I have death gauntlet and flamebound destroyer so I think the only gear that would be a marked improvement would be swapping my elandel greaves for the new boots in my defensive loadout.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Lady 01 View Post
                        It depends on your current equipment as Ray-Ray said, but overall the Specter Greaves are the best defensive boots in the game from far (except for the higher tier Chimera boots) and you should definitely get them at some point; while the Specter Gauntlet are not bad at all but you can also easily get other gauntlets which are relatively close in strength, such as the Ouroboros gauntlets (or much better gauntlets such as Deathgauntlet).

Personally I'll 100% get the boots first, then the off-hand, and I don't think I'll ever get the gauntlet.
                        But it all depends on your current equipment, your gems maybe, whether you prefer attack or def...

Originally posted by jonsnow View Post

Done, thanks for your work, gogoo
                        You're welcome, and thank you
                        Last edited by gogoo; 05-24-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffers View Post
                          Keen to gather opinions on going for the tier 2 items. Tier 3 is totally out of reach for me, I'd have to play for another decade, by which time the game is dead (most likely) or will have easy to get items that are as good as the current top tier anyway.

Tier 2, however, would be very much in reach, particularly seeing how quickly the Chimera comes around so far.

The stat difference between the 1st and 2nd tier items is small though, and 2nd tier is not a legendary so the slot possibilities are the same. For me (and probably most), the other Chimera rewards are already insignificant, given that it now takes a huge amount of ores to upgrade my furnace further.

Hitting the Chimera takes a lot of stamina, does not drop essences, no hunter points, no FP drop potential. It doesn't make sense for me to continue to target the Chimera after I have the first boots and off-hand, and I already have the deathgauntlet so the gloves are no good.

What are other people planning to do?
                          Originally posted by graeme View Post

Like you say, lvl 3 gear is out of reach for me as well.
                          I have death gauntlet and flamebound destroyer so I think the only gear that would be a marked improvement would be swapping my elandel greaves for the new boots in my defensive loadout.
                          Pretty much same for me. I find it very scummy that MK doesn't work on Chimera, and I hate that it doesn't drop any essence/crystals/etc. I find it unfair also, since the HP changes depending on the player.

So once I get the tier 1 boots and off-hand, the Chimera doesn't look so great to me. But eventually I believe I may reach a point where I'll have the Phantoms Legendary, and if that happens I'll probably regret not hitting the Chimera... That's the issue with a limited time monster. It's really annoying - slows your other hunting activities down quite a lot (if it's 1 week per month), and doesn't bring you much for a very long time.

As for tier 2 items: the boots are not a big improvement (+20 Elemental Resist over tier 1), but the off-hand is quite nice (+40 ER over Flamebound Destroyer), BUT only if you don't have a Legendary Gem to put in your Flamebound Destroyer, otherwise FD is still better, and in that case the tier 2 off-hand is basically useless. The gloves... Well, the gloves (tier 1 and 2) are useless to begin with if you have Deathgauntlet.

Comment

I tried figuring out on average, how much stamina I needed to spend to cut down 1%...turns out for me it's about 45 stam to go down 1% using Maalvus and 1pt stam (x3) clicked 14-15 times.

I have three characters, started at different years, and they all seem to run about the same regardless of level. Seemed like I was using 4500 stam per monster whether I did 1(3) clicks or 50(150) clicks, or 100 using a non Maalvus general alliance

I am just not hitting on a good General Alliance to get better than Maalvus/my highest other general/Sahar as a combo.

What am I missing? Is there a better combo/point hit choice?
                            Last edited by danellem; 05-25-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danellem View Post
                              I tried figuring out on average, how much stamina I needed to spend to cut down 1%...turns out for me it's about 45 stam to go down 1% using Maalvus and 1pt stam (x3) clicked 14-15 times.

I have three characters, started at different years, and they all seem to run about the same regardless of level. Seemed like I was using 4500 stam per monster whether I did 1(3) clicks or 50(150) clicks, or 100 using a non Maalvus general alliance

I am just not hitting on a good General Alliance to get better than Maalvus/my highest other general/Sahar as a combo.

What am I missing? Is there a better combo/point hit choice?
                              I'd love to help but I don't understand your question, what is your issue exactly?

Comment

Working...
                              X