Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Limited time monster: Demon Chimera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited time monster: Demon Chimera

Edit:
    The wiki article is now pretty much finished: Demon Chimera

limited_time_monster_web_1.png

The new limited time monster is finally here! Well, tomorrow.

Hopefully it will drop some nice stuff and not exclusively Furnace stuff (unless it's a ton of it), seeing how hard it quickly becomes to level it up and get benefits from it.

I'll edit this thread with more info when more info we have 😛

Okay so there's more info, a lot!

-----------------------
    In-game info:

1. Players can fight the Limited Time Monster once per day (resets at 0:00 daily).

2. The Limited Time Monster cannot be shared publicly.

3. The Monster’s HP varies based on the player’s level and stats.

4. Players will receive a reward when the Monster's HP reaches 75%, 50%, 25%, and when it is defeated.

5. The Monster has three elemental forms, will change every day. The rewards will change accordingly.

*Damage doesn’t count towards “Monster Leaderboard”
    -----------------------

Summary of what we know:

So it's a personal monster, and its HP varies based on your level and stats (from what I can tell, mostly based on your stamina, and a little on you level... trying to determine how it works exactly).

The Demon Chimera comes in 3 elemental forms:
    • Demon Chimera of Earth
    • Demon Chimera of Fire
    • Demon Chimera of Lightning
    You can fight it once per day. The event lasts 6 days, and since 6 drops won't be nearly enough to make the new alchemies, it will probably come back from time to time. I assume it will be included in the events rotation with Meteorite, TI and CoT, but it's just an hypothesis.

It looks like everyone is getting the same elemental form each day, it's not random. First day is the Demon Chimera of Earth. We'll probably get 2 of each elemental form during the event.

The Demon Chimera of Earth drop in total 15 Smelting Crystals, 3 Rare Smelting Crystals and 1 Demon Power: Earth.
    If all 3 forms work the same, over the course of the event we'll be able to obtain:
    - 90 Smelting Crystals
    - 18 Rare Smelting Crystals
    - 6 Demon Power (2 Earth, 2 Fire, 2 Lightning)

Still won't be able to level up the Furnace a lot with so little Crystals...

New Legendary Alchemies

With the introduction of the Demon Chimera come 3 new Legendary Equipment, which have very strong stats. You can check the pictures posted further below in this thread.

For the 1st and 2nd tier items (non-legendary), we only know their Attack and Defense stats. (edit: actually we know the rest as well, check the wiki for more info, it's now up-to-date: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_Chimera#Alchemy)
    Specter Defender, Destroyer Defender, Specter Gauntlet, Destroyer Gauntlet, Specter Greaves, Destroyer Greaves.

The 3rd tier items (Legendary) stats are:
    • Demon Defender (Off-hand?): 80 Atk, 120 Def | 3 Slot, +80 Attack, +120 Defense, +120 Physical Resistance, +50 Fire Resistance
    • Demon Gauntlet (glove): 150 Atk, 90 Def | 3 Slot, +150 Attack, +90 Defense, +100 Physical Pierce, +50 Water Resistance
    • Demon Greaves (boots): 50 Atk, 50 Def | 3 Slot, +50 Attack, +50 Defense, +50 Earth Resistance, +50 Wind Resistance
    What I put in orange is probably a mistake and they're just repeating the item's stats. I doubt it would actually be bonus player stats.

The Demon Greaves are a huge improvement over any other boots for defense, as no other boots with a slot have Physical Resistance and they have three slots, while the next best boots only have 1.
    The Demon Defender is probably an Off-hand and provides an increase of +30 Physical Resistance (PR) and +50 Elemental Resistance (ER) over the current best Off-hand (Vargulis Legendary), in addition to having a 3rd slot (so in total a potential +55 PR and +75 ER increase over Varg's Legendary).
    The Demon Gauntlet are only a slight improvement over the Shiny Glove (Phantoms Legendary) with an increase of +10 PP, with the +50 Fire Resistance being useless on this item.

But these Legendary Equipment will be extremely hard to obtain, for 2 main reasons:
    • They require the Phantoms Legendary equipment. Which themselves require Chromus' Legendaries, which themselves require 2 of each Cronus Astaroth's Legendaries...
    • Each first tier item requires 8 alchemy ingredients (Demon Power). Each 2nd tier item requires three 1st tier items, and each 3rd tier (Legendary) item requires two 2nd tier items. In total, that's 48 alchemy ingredients for 1 Legendary item. So 144 ingredients for all 3 of them, requiring 144 Demon Chimera monsters. Considering it's a limited time monster and we'll probably get 6 of them every event, it will probably take years to obtain all the ingredients.

And based on this, it is certain that this Demon Chimera event will come back from time to time. Maybe it will be included in the events rotation with Meteorite, TI and CoT.

Some more info on the monster's characteristics in the post just below.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-22-2020, 08:56 PM.

Please help me determine how the Demon Chimera's HP is calculated:

Demon Chimera's HP - data gathering

It looks like Demon Chimera works exactly the same as last year's Anniversary Monster (Moonlight Dragon, MD).
    • Varying HP depending on player stats (probably mostly Stamina).
    • Does NOT drop any Essence 😡
    • Barbarus' power is fully charged after a single hit (even 1 stamina).
    • NO Arena bonus damage (not sure that was the case with MD? Or with the World Monster?)
    • Currently Monkey King ability does NOT work on it (apparently it was also that way with MD). It's likely to change though. Well no, the dev on Discord said it won't change... Great.

It feels very frustrating when you've invested a lot into LSI (stamina & energy).
    IMO it would be the equivalent in PvP to making your opponents stronger the more you add to Attack and Defense. What's the point in adding more Attack and Defense then?
    Even more frustrating since it doesn't drop any Essence, so when you have a high LSI you're wasting a ton more stamina on the monster without getting any Essence / Evo Crystals / Powders.

The lack of a 20 stamina button is also annoying.
    Last edited by gogoo; 04-17-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Very cool. I really hope they do things like recycling some of the older limited time monsters through as well!

Comment

It's here, and there's a lot of new stuff.

Very strong new Legendary Equipment, but it requires the Phantom alchemies 😔

Last edited by gogoo; 04-17-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

It's a personal monster like the Anniversary Monster (Moonlight Dragon).

For the first day I got Demon Chimera of Earth. Did everyone get the same?

Rewards:

HP reaches 75%:
          - Smelting Crystal x5
          HP reaches 50%:
          - Smelting Crystal x10
          HP reaches 25%:
          - Rare Smelting Crystal x3
          Defeated:
          - Demon Power: Earth x1

Personally I'm really not a fan of the way it works. I much prefer summonable monsters, or at least monsters that aren't "personal".
          Last edited by gogoo; 04-17-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

there are new alchemy also new.JPG
            Army code A26200. Castle age is the only game I play on the Computer.
            I don't Facebook. so please put all info in forums please. I am in a Guild.
            Castle age player since July 2010. level 1247 on 11/03/2019

Comment

new1.JPG

Comment

new2.JPG

Comment

new3.JPG

Comment

not like we don't have legendary for boots/off hand/gauntlet, why not legendary for medal/war banner/magic?

Comment

Edited first and second post with lots of info.

Comment

After reading info about this monster, I don't think it's worth to hit him. No essences and crappy rewards... No thank you. Would be better if devs would actually add new normal monsters with new (better than existing) gear loot not some limited monster who doesn't drop any essence and gives some stupid rewards.

Comment

Killed it (Earth form) with ~127,875,000 damage. Level 1645, 4701+2 max stamina. Needed roughly 2,500 stamina (ugh), and Barbarus' damage didn't scale (d'oh).

The smelting crystals make great loot, should be worth several stat points per monster. The alchemies rather look like a chance for bragging rights for those who fight these chimeras consistenly.
                          Damage and loot spreadsheet # Wikia: Piercing and Resistance

Comment

I hope this is the event that replaces CoT.

Comment

Originally posted by Wollknنuel View Post
                              The smelting crystals make great loot, should be worth several stat points per monster....
                              Only If you haven't already made any Furnace progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X