Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Poll: Colo III, do you like the new season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayi View Post
    If team feature is a problem, cut it off!
    Its not that the team feature is the problem. I can agree with the devs wanting to make the game more team and group oriented, instead of just a swarm of lone wolves. What the problem is is the abuse of the team feature. Those in Gladiator aren't there because they really are unbeatable gladiators. They are only there because they can put together teams of throw away alts and minis that they can always beat. They will get the top rewards, not because they are unquestionably the best players, but only because they figured out how to work the system putting together junk teams that they can always win against.
    Its like claiming you won the Superbowl because your team was up against an opposing team that you made out of cardboard cut outs, and you totally slaughtered them. 🙄
    They might actually be the best, who knows? Thing is, even they don't know. Because they aren't battling against anybody than their own self. Everyone can beat their self.
    On top of it all, the devs don't care about all of that. Because they don't do anything to really put a stop to it. I suppose the only real that can be done about it is to delete everyone's minis. With that, though, we wouldn't have more than a few hundred real players, and probably half of those would only be part time. Pick your poison. 🤷‍♂️
    Last edited by WitnessMe!; 01-31-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WitnessMe! View Post
      This colosseum isn't entirely the worst. The responsiveness of the game has been vastly better than both previous colosseums. I haven't seen a rollback yet, and all of my clicks have gone through. Sometimes there's some lag in the first opening moments fury or a match, or when the entire enemy team targets just you, but that's the same for any other part of the game. At least there are some good things.
      This is a plus, I agree, but is completely independent of the topic and the big failure, which is:
      - Scoring systems requires you to do 10 times more wins than previous systems, provided that you win all your battles
      - When you reach gold, WINS count 10, DEFEATS count from -60 to -150 depending on the score that you have when you loose, which makes clearly worse the first point above.
      - Ranks are mixed, you might face teams above your rank, which makes first 2 points above even worse.

The performance has to do:
      - Previous improvement of the game, previous to colo, it was during arena that the game performed better
      - Reduction of tokens to 10 and regen time 1min might also contribute, not sure what extent given that arena performed really well. 10 tokens however introduce other problems.

It was required multiple aligment of bad decissions to make this mess.
      Last edited by namaxe; 01-29-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

The current season changes ruined one the few things in game that was still fresh and fun.

Comment

For me, I do not like being matched with a level 2 player with 11,000 health either on my team or fighting against one. These are all ALT accounts and need to be purged from this game. Block them, erase them, purge them, or send an invisible dragon with the power to keep them from logging onto the game would be exceptional! The scoring sucks. Having to deal with the aforementioned alt accounts, it is very difficult to accumulate 100 points to get a star. In many of the battles, I was the only active on my team, yet these folks were active enough to opt in. Block them! Deaf ears, blind eyes, this rant does fall upon, . . .

Meristolis - Keeper of Lore
          Last edited by meristolis; 02-02-2020, 06:44 PM.
          Meristolis, Keeper of Lore

Comment

Originally posted by namaxe View Post

I partly disagree: Development has been there, meteorite, colo, enhance and refine, other events, (don´t remember which company introduced some of them but there is new things)

However you are right: The BIG complains are in the limbo, like new GB seasons, or this terrible colo that everyone saw how bad it was from day 1, and complained, and yet, nothing is changed not even an apology (sorry, we messed it up really big this time).

I don´t know what is worse, no development, or not hearing your users....
            Yes, devs continue to keep this game alive by keeping events alive, giving us some gifts sometimes, promos, some minor changes like few new generals and few new equipment... This all is good of course and I'm thankful for devs to keep the game alive and doing all those things, but problem it that they aren't improving game, fixing the bugs and some minor things. For example: There are some small, easy fixable bugs where text goes beyond the frame, or the bug where monster doesn't disappear from the list even if you click to close. I can't remember all those minor bugs, but they are there. Also regarding improvement, it's sad that they are doing nothing about it. So many things could be improved, for example adding search button in leaderboards, in army, allowing guild masters to change name of their guild, unlocking those still locked slots in equipment, make some changes (buffing/nerfinf) for existing generals (for example generals in Battleust chest have really very bad stats, like for example take the general Sylphora. Her percentage is so small that it's laughable and makes no sense to use her), adding report button for players, taking security measures more seriously (allowing all those alt accounts left and right... Game is swarmed with alt accs). There are so many things to improve in this game, but sadly they don't bother with it. Take an example of successful game devs like Warframe (video game), they constantly make changes and improvements and hold a solid player base worldwide. They never rest, releasing new heroes, new content, new changes... This is what great & successful devs should do, keeping their game alive by improving it all the time, fixing even minor bugs. I wish CA devs would do the same.
            Last edited by Ditendra; 01-30-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

There should absolutely be a mandatory minimum level to even enter Colosseum. It doesn't have to be crazy high, but nobody under level 300. Period.
              ~VoV~

Comment

Originally posted by VersionsOfViolence View Post
                There should absolutely be a mandatory minimum level to even enter Colosseum. It doesn't have to be crazy high, but nobody under level 300. Period.
                What about those legit players who are playing CA regularly, without cheats, scripts and etc and are let's say are 250 level. Why they shouldn't enter Colosseum?

Better solution would be to complicate registration to prevent alt accs creation, for example asking for your driver licens/ID card copy or making new account costly like let's say 10-15$.

And balanced matchmaking would be good in Colosseum, so you don't see 2 level guy next to 4000 level.
                Last edited by Ditendra; 01-30-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ditendra View Post

What about those legit players who are playing CA regularly, without cheats, scripts and etc and are let's say are 250 level. Why they shouldn't enter Colosseum?

Better solution would be to complicate registration to prevent alt accs creation, for example asking for your driver licens/ID card copy or making new account costly like let's say 10-15$. And balanced matchmaking would be fair, so you don't see 2 level guy next to 4000 level.
                  I don't think anyone wants to give out personal information, especially for something where it's clearly not required (it's not like Airbnb for instance where if you get scammed, it's a much bigger issue).
                  And make people pay to start playing the game? I don't think there are many new players already, but with that in place, for sure there would be no more new players at all.

I think if you want to put a level limit for Colosseum (honestly there should be one), it could be level 200.
                  There are level limits for other features btw. War, conquest duel and duel champion (I think ?) for instance. It's level 80 or 100 I think.

But honestly, the current issues are mainly caused by the season 3 ranking system.
                  Normally, those inactive low level accounts would stay at the bottom, and after ranking up above them you wouldn't play against them anymore.
                  But the ranking system is completely messed up so everyone still players against everyone (except for the top 50 or maybe top 100).

Fix the damn system (extremely easy to do), no more issues (or much less).
                  Last edited by gogoo; 01-30-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post

I don't think anyone wants to give out personal information, especially for something where it's clearly not required (it's not like Airbnb for instance where if you get scammed, it's a much bigger issue).
                    And make people pay to start playing the game? I don't think there are many new players already, but with that in place, for sure there would be no more new players at all.

I think if you want to put a level limit for Colosseum (honestly there should be one), it could be level 200.
                    There are level limits for other features btw. War, conquest duel and duel champion (I think ?) for instance. It's level 80 or 100 I think.

But honestly, the current issues are mainly caused by the season 3 ranking system.
                    Normally, those inactive low level accounts would stay at the bottom, and after ranking up above them you wouldn't play against them anymore.
                    But the ranking system is completely messed up so everyone still players against everyone (except for the top 50 or maybe top 100).

Fix the damn system (extremely easy to do), no more issues (or much less).

I don't think level limit for Colosseum is a good idea at all. Event should be available for all the players in game and not some "specific group of players" because of their level.

If people are okay with their privacy to send their documents to Airbnb or whatever, I don't see problem why they shouldn't do same with the game platform, especially if it will help to eliminate fake accounts. Or registration could ask for your phone number instead. Nothing's wrong with that either. Lots of companies require phone number during the registration, that prevents spam accounts. There can be a lot ways to prevent this problem.

Yes, making registration costly is a good idea. Game is free at this moment, but if they make it costly like 10-15$ for registration why it is a bad idea? It's like a buying a new game. It will prevent creation of those thousand alt accounts. Nothing's wrong to not make this game non-free. CA isn't having problems with playerbase or becoming dead... There still will be new players, but even if they won't (but with proper advertisement and marketing department they can easily increase playerbase), don't worry it won't kill the game. There are lots of active players daily in CA & some of them are heavy spenders, we both know that. It's better to have less, but real players than just let it free and swarmed with those fake accounts. I don't want this game to be alive for the cost of those fake accounts. They are ruining the game. Look at the current situation in Colosseum & how they are messing it.

Everything is better than this (this is a screenshot of one of the guilds in game):

Last edited by Ditendra; 01-30-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Would you have started playing the game if it cost 10$? I know I wouldn't have back then. I know most people wouldn't have, and this game would have been dead from the very beginning. This is a terrible business model idea for this kind of games. There are hundreds or thousands of similar games. If one of them costs 10$ and all the others are free, are you going to go for the one that costs 10$?
                      ​​There's a reason why this kind of games are freemium.

There are other ways to deal with alt accounts, cheating etc. Ofc though I don't expect Gaea to do anything because I'm pretty sure there aren't enough devs working on CA so they wouldn't have time to deal with it.
                      But I'm still sure making people need to purchase the game to play it would be a terrible idea.
                      ​​​​​​
                      Last edited by gogoo; 01-30-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post
                        Would you have started playing the game if it cost 10$? I know I wouldn't have back then. I know most people wouldn't have, and this game would have been dead from the very beginning. This is a terrible business model idea for this kind of games. There are hundreds or thousands of similar games. If one of them costs 10$ and all the others are free, are you going to go for the one that costs 10$?
                        ​​There's a reason why this kind of games are freemium.

There are other ways to deal with alt accounts, cheating etc. Ofc though I don't expect Gaea to do anything because I'm pretty sure there aren't enough devs working on CA so they wouldn't have time to deal with it.
                        But I'm still sure making people need to purchase the game to play it would be a terrible idea.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Of course I would purchase if I liked it. I have been buying a lot of games starting from 10$ (which is the cheapest one) and ending with 60$. I have like 400+ games on my Steam library. If game is good, it deserves to be bought, devs deserve to earn for their hard work. Plus, come on, 10$ isn't much. Also, no, there are no similar games to CA at all. I was searching for similar games and couldn't find any of them. The only one that was a bit close to CA was Vampires: The Darkside, but it had only 10% of what CA in general had. CA is very unique, interesting and complex game.

Exactly, there are a lot of ways to deal with this problem. I think phone number requirement is one of the good suggestions I suggested.
                        Last edited by Ditendra; 01-30-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ditendra View Post

Of course I would purchase if I liked it. I have been buying a lot of games starting from 10$ (which is the cheapest one) and ending with 60$. I have like 400+ games on my Steam library. If game is good, it deserves to be bought, devs deserve to earn for their hard work. Plus, come on, 10$ isn't much. Also, no, there are no similar games to CA at all. I was searching for similar games and couldn't find any of them. The only one that was a bit close to CA was Vampires: The Darkside, but it had only 10% of what CA in general had. CA is very unique, interesting and complex game.

Exactly, there are a lot of ways to deal with this problem. I think phone number requirement is one of the good suggestions I suggested.
                          I think there is another called underworld or something and CA something, basically adding all stats to stam and energy kind of game too.

Comment

I've tried few clicky games but hands down none of them compares to Castle Age. Castle Age has so many things... Cool art works, monsters, battles, guilds.... None of other clicky games have even 20% of what Castle Age has. It's very interesting, unique & underrated game and if devs would hire marketing guys who would advertise the game in the Internet, many people would discover and try it. If not my girlfriend (now wife), I would never even know that Castle Age exists. I was playing that Vampires: The Darkside" or whatever it was called, don't remember correctly, on facebook, some other friend told me about it. It was a bit similar, like you hit players, have stamina, health and create few things in alchemy and they also had events, but that's it. Only that. It was a bit boring, just imagine if CA would have only invades and duels and alchemy & that's it, this is how it was. And then when my girlfriend showed me Castle Age and we started playing, I totally abandoned that Vampires and replaced it with Castle Age and never looking back. I also tried to search other similar games, but couldn't find any of them. Sure, there are some games with stamina and energy, but that's only similarity with Castle Age. This game has good potential if devs hire marketing department & decide to promote & improve it like I suggested in my previous posts.
                            Last edited by Ditendra; 01-30-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Honestly I don't see CA becoming an international hit, no matter what the marketing for it was like ...
                              Follow CAGT on FB for tips and game updates. You can also follow our Twitter account @CastleAge_GT.
                              New or returning player? Check out this guide

Forum community. Things you should expect when posting here.

Comment

Pay to enter = less players = game dying. This is not clash of clans mate.

The problem with levels in colosseum, is not low level (unless you are one out of 20 people bored in the top of gladiator), but being matched with a levels x5 x6 or beyond your average level. I will never complain for matching someone lower in level than me. Anyway is an easy fix: match per tier.

We are going off topic... I don´t think the main problem of current colosseum is the ammount of alts, or how free is entering the game, or matching easy targets, but the contrary.
                                Last edited by namaxe; 01-30-2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X