Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Why people can't be nice enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deathemunky
    replied
    Is ImYiOsUs the same guy as cheeseburger or something in game? I thought i saw a post before when he was bragging about getting king or high king level.

We've crossed paths before i believe, but that was before I started coming here to the forums so i didn't know what his rep was like.

I just thought he was someone who had no life outside the game. Pretty lame how he played the game imo.

If he's not the same guy as that something-namedcheeseburger then ignore what i just said.
    Last edited by deathemunky; 05-22-2010, 06:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• orpheus
    replied
    Originally posted by Xanofar View Post
    First off, I'm sure somebody will come along and try to contradict me with "lawyer logic" upon reading this, so I recommend installing Common Sense 2.0 before proceeding.

You know, I've never had a direct argument with him before, but I really find ImYiOsUs to be a distasteful player - he's all about how to play like a script without actually using a script. I'm all for proficiency, but there becomes a point when you're crossing the line between playing for fun but being effective, and when you're playing solely to win by taking advantage of any and all game loopholes you can find. Those people throw off the balance of the game, and you can't convince me they derive any fun from such a repetitive style of playing.

There are "tasks" in all video games, and there are "fun things to do" in all video games. Excessive farming, tagging 50 raids at once, and hiding so that you can't lose when you should, those are all tasks. You're missing the point of the game.

It's not "hardcore" playing. I am a hardcore player - a very hardcore player. I'm on Castle Age more often than I should be daily. I haven't missed one day of doing jobs in Mafia Wars. I have a greater understanding of these games than most players who have been playing three times as long as I have. But I know that there is a major difference between playing for fun and playing only to win. I will always encourage playing for fun and trying to win - it's the point of the game. If you're playing to win and only to win, you'll find the game dry, repetitive, and boring, and believe me, you'll ruin it for yourself.

It's easy to get over-absorbed in the game, but remember, every other player is another Castle Age player - and somebody just trying to have fun. Granted, there are a number of fake accounts, and a number of other players like ImYiOsUs out there, but in most other circumstances, if you bully someone, or behave selfishly in someone's raid or monster or boss, just remember that you're the one being a dick.
    very nicely put. personally i'm never run into Imyousius but have heard stories from my army and on monsters i've been in about someone acting a jerk and 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be them

Leave a comment:

• Xanofar
    replied
    Originally posted by al'Lan Mandragoran View Post
    go to google and tipe een "honor" and see vhat comes up.

"Fight me."

That's what I love most about Meta Knight: yes, he's a total bad ass, but he's also a noble bad ass.

In the old Kirby games, most bosses would immediately charge at you and would try to kill you without relent, if you didn't have an ability (as Kirby, obviously) you would have to either get one during the fight or hit the boss with other things.

The fights with Meta Knight were always different:
    Meta Knight would wait quietly up on a balcony and toss a sword to you. He would refuse to attack you until you picked up the sword (becoming Sword Kirby) and would then jump down and duel with you one-on-one using only his blade to try to beat you. Bad. Ass.

Leave a comment:

• Naga
    replied
    Originally posted by Jehann View Post
    He knows exactly why people are pissed at him. He thrives on the attention.
    I believe so too. Imiyousis is definitely not stupid. Just that he's really taking this whole "having your cake and eating it too" a bit too far. I mean at least ZORG knew that people were pissed at him!

Leave a comment:

• Jehann
    replied
    He knows exactly why people are pissed at him. He thrives on the attention.

Leave a comment:

• Naga
    replied
    [...] just remember that you're the one being a dick.
    Maybe he finds the fun in being a dick. Not everyone finds fun in the same things, right?

I just find it rather amusing that Imyousius seems to be genuinely confused as to WHY all these people are mad at him

Imyousius, seriously man--you bookmark people who open their ATM in good faith, chain them for months, you're never there when they return your visit, you "blink strike" them etc., and you don't really know why they cannot be nicer to you?

(That's a genuine question, not a rhetoric.)
    Last edited by Naga; 05-22-2010, 03:20 AM. Reason: added a question to Im

Leave a comment:

• al'Lan Mandragoran
    replied
    First off, I'm sure somebody will come along and try to contradict me with "lawyer logic" upon reading this, so I recommend installing Common Sense 2.0 before proceeding.

You know, I've never had a direct argument with him before, but I really find ImYiOsUs to be a distasteful player - he's all about how to play like a script without actually using a script. I'm all for proficiency, but there becomes a point when you're crossing the line between playing for fun but being effective, and when you're playing solely to win by taking advantage of any and all game loopholes you can find. Those people throw off the balance of the game, and you can't convince me they derive any fun from such a repetitive style of playing.

There are "tasks" in all video games, and there are "fun things to do" in all video games. Excessive farming, tagging 50 raids at once, and hiding so that you can't lose when you should, those are all tasks. You're missing the point of the game.

It's not "hardcore" playing. I am a hardcore player - a very hardcore player. I'm on Castle Age more often than I should be daily. I haven't missed one day of doing jobs in Mafia Wars. I have a greater understanding of these games than most players who have been playing three times as long as I have. But I know that there is a major difference between playing for fun and playing only to win. I will always encourage playing for fun and trying to win - it's the point of the game. If you're playing to win and only to win, you'll find the game dry, repetitive, and boring, and believe me, you'll ruin it for yourself.

It's easy to get over-absorbed in the game, but remember, every other player is another Castle Age player - and somebody just trying to have fun. Granted, there are a number of fake accounts, and a number of other players like ImYiOsUs out there, but in most other circumstances, if you bully someone, or behave selfishly in someone's raid or monster or boss, just remember that you're the one being a dick.
    Originally posted by Artanis ver.2 View Post
    +1 Couldn't have said it better myself.
    +9 beelyun

i reely loathe the imeesyormom gremlin. you geets leenks from ATM's and you abuse dem. you tont peeple axxeeng four a truce. you chain peeple een yor army. and yor full of poop. go to google and tipe een "honor" and see vhat comes up. i seconned the moshun dat you are a "griefer". google dat too

Leave a comment:

• Mytch
    replied
    I could care less about your tactics you use against random CA players, to be honest. But I think you should show a little more respect to the forum users - especially the ones who put up their ATMs.

People put up their links and ATMs here to test their build, at a special time during their progress where they won't lose battle rank, and to share and have fun with other forum members. They are generally meant to be temporary. Bookmarking these players who put their links up in good faith and then continuing long past this time is just bad taste.

I'm not saying you have to be friends, but the ATMs are about testing and having fun. You've taken the fun out of it for a lot of people and you discourage players from opening their own ATMs.

To be honest, forum users in general look out for each other. The forum monsters have also helped build on that camaraderie. Don't be surprised if regularly targeting forum members makes you a regular target of forum users.

Leave a comment:

• Artanis ver.2
    replied

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself.

Leave a comment:

• tecvoid
    replied
    I find this rather distasteful player on my battle list once or twice everyday.
    it started when i opened my prince atm a couple months ago and he never stopped.
    pissmissyou can suck it. i dont like the guy either.

edit- once or twice as in one or two chaining sessions. at least i know where to go when i want to get my bp's back

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Scientist
    replied
    Originally posted by phi618 View Post
    As a High Commander (50 bp from next tier) I have a couple nobilities bookmarked. I figure that if a Baron/Duke/Earl is gonna bounce off my pathetic 4.5 BSI keep, then s/he deserves to be attacked in return.
    I don't suppose you can pass on these guys?? huh huh??

Leave a comment:

• Xanofar
    replied
    Rant

Last edited by Xanofar; 05-22-2010, 02:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• phi618
    replied
    As a High Commander (50 bp from next tier) I have a couple nobilities bookmarked. I figure that if a Baron/Duke/Earl is gonna bounce off my pathetic 4.5 BSI keep, then s/he deserves to be attacked in return.

Leave a comment:

• inglorius
    replied
    i dont understand the point of all this...yes i can chain and be chained thats the way for all of us to go to the top...i dont pretend to be the best...juts by attacking some bookmarks that i find easy...thats a Delusion..
    And when i see that people who attacked me and lost...i just attack them once...just to say that "i am alive and dont try that again' .i dont like to chain easy people for showing up my muscles...lol...i just chain when i need to..

Leave a comment:

• King Hrothbeort
    replied
    Attack me all you want, I really don't care about losing BP, and am kind of curious to see if I'll be knocked back down to King eventually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X