Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Is defense important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is defense important?

i am on level 129
    here is my stat. i can win 90% of the battle i took.
    should i start adding points to defense?

147 Max Energy
    169 Max Stamina
    420 Attack
    25 Defense
    111 Max Health

no just keep it as it is and then ask again once you hit level 180
    It can't rain all the time
    -I'm a poser legend, but as soon as I win 2000 more battles than I lose I'm applying for the real thing!

Comment

It matters if you don't hide and care about your PVP status, do raids, plan on fortifying in orcs/serpent battles, and fight Sylvanas.

Comment

Originally posted by jren View Post
        i am on level 129

147 Max Energy
        169 Max Stamina
        420 Attack
        25 Defense
        111 Max Health

Depends how you play. If you fortify on serpents, you'll want to get defense to around 200 at least. Same as defending against orcs.

I kill as many orcs defending as most people do attacking, unfortunately it costs me twice as much... regardless...

Defense is good for PVP, especially if you don't like hiding all day. I prefer to leave my facebook open, and not have to log out all the time, so pumping my defense stats allows me to do that. I get lots of free BP from people attacking me.

If you're a monster hunter and don't care about pvp, then defense is somewhat pointless I suppose. But eventually you'll want to start pvp, and you'll be sorry you don't have the defense. Beating on helpless monsters can maybe get boring after a while, real players that attack back is exciting. =)
        Sig by Nuttis

Comment

Base on your current build, I will not put any points on defence, but will rather continue to build on the attack or stamina if you want to go into monster hunting.
          As you pass lvl 180, you will constantly be attacked by players 100+ lvls above you, and they usually win regardless of your high defence as they have heaps on stat points allocation than you do.

High attack, however, helps you win battle in PVP and net you higher damage against monsters
          Chain the Cookie Monster for free cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by accendence View Post
            As you pass lvl 180, you will constantly be attacked by players 100+ lvls above you, and they usually win regardless of your high defence as they have heaps on stat points allocation than you do.
            Nope, with a PvP build, they usually lose. So far those that attack me and win, either have played MUCH longer than me and are focused on PvP, or are 300+ levels above me. In which case, I don't care, I would expect to lose.

Comment

Answering OP but considering Defyeler's answer.

----

PvP may also get boring someday if we are to think about all the possibilities.

Well, op, you don't have any achievements (that usually give you favor points for chests/generals/refills) for the "battle ranks" (only for amount of invasions/duels "won", and the maximum is 5000 for each); you only get the title, that doesn't give you anything besides "status" (which can make you "happy" if you care about these things) and new stuff for the invasions themselves., which can also make you happier, if you like to feel strong in a pvp that, to be honest, requires no skills, just some research on build and mechanics, luck for drops and patience.

Also, it is not mandatory to defend in ANY monster. You can even kill a hydra without defending a single turn. Just enter the battle when the defense is higher than its life and be happy chaning attacks until it's dead.

A High defense is good mostly for hardcore players that go for PVP. If you, like a lot of people, play a lot of games and know you'll get tired of this game as all the others you played during your life, you may want to use a build that doesn't require much effort and will make you happy, with higher attack and not so much stamina and energy, to don't lose lots of hours clicking.

Also, to not get pissed, get 501 army, because most people go for invasions instead of duel on battles, and on lower rank its already sufficient for avoiding attacks from other people that are afraid of huge numbers.

It doesn't require much effort. Join those "501 army" communities on facebook, copy the "official e-mail lists" in the "discussion" tab and "boom", 501 army in a few days, and even army for the other games. Avoid putting your e-mail in the list if you don't want to accept hundreds of friend requests ans lose even more time.

Facebook says its not allowed to add people only because of the game, but I never heard of a single person lose its account because of this, nor because of using fake name and having multiple accounts like many do. Well I just use my name, added tons of people to have a lot of battles to join in the feeds, receive tons of gifts and be happy playing the game when I don't have anything better to do.

----

About "best build" and "should I add defense"

Be happy with a build tha suit your gamestyle. You may not want to worry too much about "what's the best", because most people simply don't go for "the best". Take a loot:

The best for a "hardcore player" is probably Energy/Defense to do only quests and fortification with your massive defense, and being almost impossible to beat on pvp and a very nice attacker (since 2/3 of your defense becomes attack when you attack, and the opposite is also true... 2/3 of your attack becomes defense when you defend) and, of course, waiting for months before playing to get lots of blessings before even starting to play the game. With that you can kill a lot on PvP with higher stats and equips. You'll be among the best 1% of players.

Going for the "best" though, may prove to be really boring for most people. And be realistic: you're not gonna play this forever (even though you may want to play for a long time) so, again, chose something that's "ok" and will make you happy, like the majority of people do. There are more than 3 million players, you can be sure that most barely care about what's the best.

Best luck for you =]
              Last edited by Shazan; 02-09-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jren View Post
                i am on level 129

147 Max Energy
                169 Max Stamina
                420 Attack
                25 Defense
                111 Max Health
                No, defense is for the weak. Go all attack! But if you wanna play it safe pump def to 150-250 and there will not be to many folks that will beat you even when your not "hiding" especially if you "Invade" and have a 501 you will be a killing machine on/offline.

Comment

Originally posted by Defyeler View Post
                  Nope, with a PvP build, they usually lose. So far those that attack me and win, either have played MUCH longer than me and are focused on PvP, or are 300+ levels above me. In which case, I don't care, I would expect to lose.
                  I think his point was that the OP's stats aren't PVP at all, and putting points into defense at this point is kind of pointless. Would take him 50 levels of pumping skill points into nothing but defense to be even somewhat effective.
                  Sig by Nuttis

Comment

He actually can be a 100% ATT build and still be effective defending in pvp as 70% of his att stat would be used for def. 1000 ATT or 1000 DEF or 500 ATT/DEF are almost the same for attacking and defending. But fir offensive pvp 1000 ATT is most effective until he runs into someone with 1000 DEF.

A big misconception is that pvp builds can't hunt monsters. We actually do it very well. We hunt. We pvp. We raid. Balanced pvp builds can really tear through monsters of all kinds. Unless you just like looking at stupendosly huge numbers, you won't need ATT over 600. Unless you plan on soloing all the non world mobs.
                    Last edited by Defyeler; 02-09-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

We still suck at stamina based monsters... dragons especially piss me off when it comes to loot. But maybe tht's just me lol

Comment

@OP: Yes Defense is important.

Your build does not suck.

I feel there are two builds which are real cool

1)Defense/Energy

2)Attack/Stamina

The rest fall behind
                        Lvl 326-prince

Comment

Originally posted by Defyeler View Post
                          Time to chain the bear

Comment

If you PvP and aren't a pure dueler then yes defense is important. If you don't then more than 200 defense is a waste (for serpent/DtC fortifies).
                            Forum Rules | Infraction System | Informational Threads | FAQ | Gaea ToS & Privacy Policy

"The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant" - Londo Mollari

Comment

Originally posted by Mursilis View Post
                              If you PvP and aren't a pure dueler then yes defense is important. If you don't then more than 200 defense is a waste (for serpent/DtC fortifies).
                              under each circumstance the stats should be made different... in the perfect world is that all your stats are equally "high".. but in reality that's impossible.. Monster hunter "may" feel it is useless.. but having some basic level of "Defense" can be good.. but not over the limit Mursilis has recommended...

Comment

Working...
                              X