Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Salvaging Rune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvaging Rune

I have 2 helmets that I use. One for PvP (non cleric) and monsters and one for Land defense (cleric). I have gems forged, but want to swap ONLY the defense rune between the helmets as needed. From what I can tell I would need to burn 2 unbind stones to keep from losing the gems then reforge them back after. 2-3 times a day would need a boat load of unbind stones. The directions and information is very vague as is everything in this game. Please Help clear up if this can be done without needing millions of unbind stones.

No, sorry to tell you it can't be done without indeed using tons of unbind stones.
    Which is also why many players use the same weapon in both their attack and def loadouts (to keep their attack rune on both loadouts). And same helmet in their attack and def loadouts to keep the def rune in both.
    ​​​​​
    Last edited by gogoo; 03-18-2022, 04:10 PM.

Comment

This is very frustrating. What is the point of having items and gems with healing boosts if you can't use them. I have a loadout just for healing with healing boosts, but without the defense rune only get minor heals which also give no path credit and is a huge loss of health given. Why am i surprised that Castle Age has yet again wasted my time and efforts.

Comment

Yeah you do have to make a lot of choices when it comes to loadouts / equipment and gems, and it can be a real headache to find the best possible place for everything, and to update it as you get better stuff.
        And indeed you may have to make a choice between strength and combat power. I would say it's the same with your general alliance though: it would be nice to be able to get the best attacking strength and best damage together in one alliance to maximize both reach and damage; however instead you'll have one full damage alliance and one full reach alliance and maybe some other mixed alliances depending on who you're hitting and whether you can win against them without your pierce alliance.
        In your case, if sometimes you're not strong enough compared to the person you want to heal, you'll have to switch loadouts and do a little smaller heals to be able to get the major heal, using the extra boost from your def rune.

Comment

This is really interesting! I have two separate loadouts for pvp! One for pvp atk and one for pvp def! Of course, I also have other loadout for monster hunting, mass healing and GC collection.

my weapon got the damage rune! It appears in both pvp loadouts
          my warbanner got the attack rune! It appears in both pvp loadouts and all monster hunting loadouts.
          my armor got the defense rune in pvp def loadout ! I have no defense rune when I am attacking in pvp and in monster hunting.
          my helmet got the health rune in pvp def loadout! I have no health rune when I am attacking in pvp or in monster hunting!
          I have accepted this situation! The use of unbind stone is great! It allows small or big upgrade with gems!
          Do I need to have a signature here? Sorry, but I honestly don’t know how to do it!

Comment

You're not supposed to switch runes so often. It's supposed to stay in one equipment. Unbind stones are usually used when you want to save gems installed in your current equipment that you're going to salvage when you get better equipment. So, choose wisely where do you want to put your runes and gems. This is the setup I personally use:

I have 3 loadouts: One one for monsters, one for attacking in PVP and one for defending in PVP.
            • Attack rune is in my weapon and I use it in monster and attacking PVP loadouts.
            • Damage rune is in my glove and I use it in attacking PVP loadout.
            • Health rune is in my helmet and I use that helmet in defending loadout only, but for cleric toons (I have few toons), I use that helmet for attacking too (because it increases tower passive heal).
            • Defense rune is in my armor which I use only in defense loadout.
            For defense loadout I prefer weapon with physical resistance power rather than my attacking weapon with attack rune and same with armor. I prefer armor for snake when attacking which gives me physical pierce rather than using my defensive armor with defense rune.
            CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080 V2 GAMING OC 10GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27"

Comment

Originally posted by Ditendra View Post
              You're not supposed to switch runes so often. It's supposed to stay in one equipment. Unbind stones are usually used when you want to save gems installed in your current equipment that you're going to salvage when you get better equipment. So, choose wisely where do you want to put your runes and gems. This is the setup I personally use:

I have 3 loadouts: One one for monsters, one for attacking in PVP and one for defending in PVP.
              • Attack rune is in my weapon and I use it in monster and attacking PVP loadouts.
              • Damage rune is in my glove and I use it in attacking PVP loadout.
              • Health rune is in my helmet and I use that helmet in defending loadout only, but for cleric toons (I have few toons), I use that helmet for attacking too (because it increases tower passive heal).
              • Defense rune is in my armor which I use only in defense loadout.
              For defense loadout I prefer weapon with physical resistance power rather than my attacking weapon with attack rune and same with armor. I prefer armor for snake when attacking which gives me physical pierce rather than using my defensive armor with defense rune.
              1/ I never made an Unbind Stone using alchemy. All my unbind stones came from Colo and monthly promo packs. I can see LSI builds getting unbind stones via alchemy so they can change gear / runes more frequently than the rest of us.

2/ My runes match your gears. The only difference is I also use deflection alliances so the Dmg rune is these loadouts. Basically it’s a defensive loadout except for the glove that now has the Dmg Rune.

- Hera • Kath • Groot
              - Hera • Trundle • Groot
              - Daphne • Trundle • Groot

These alliances do 400 to 700+ Dmg when I bounce an attacker. When I lose, then Trundle’s other buff kicks in and I take less damage but I still deflect a lot damages.

Comment

Originally posted by Batw View Post

1/ I never made an Unbind Stone using alchemy. All my unbind stones came from Colo and monthly promo packs. I can see LSI builds getting unbind stones via alchemy so they can change gear / runes more frequently than the rest of us.

2/ My runes match your gears. The only difference is I also use deflection alliances so the Dmg rune is these loadouts. Basically it’s a defensive loadout except for the glove that now has the Dmg Rune.

- Hera • Kath • Groot
                - Hera • Trundle • Groot
                - Daphne • Trundle • Groot

These alliances do 400 to 700+ Dmg when I bounce an attacker. When I lose, then Trundle’s other buff kicks in and I take less damage but I still deflect a lot damages.
                You're right, if you have deflective generals like Tora or Daphne, you definitely need to have your damage runes gloves in defensive too.
                CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080 V2 GAMING OC 10GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27"

Comment

Thanks Ditendra! Never thought to add my damage rune glove to my Tora defense loadout. This'll be fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Eadwine View Post
                    Thanks Ditendra! Never thought to add my damage rune glove to my Tora defense loadout. This'll be fun...
                    You're welcome

Comment

Do the attack and defense runes have any effect in monster hunting?

Edit: Ah yes, they do. Time to do some forging.

Edit: Meant defense
                      Last edited by starbearer; 08-03-2022, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starbearer View Post
                        Do the attack and damage runes have any effect in monster hunting?

Edit: Ah yes, they do. Time to do some forging.
                        Attack does, damage don't, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Ditendra View Post

Attack does, damage don't, if I'm not mistaken.
                          Ah apologies, I meant defense rune, not damage. Attack and defense runes are active in all aspects of the game.
                          Last edited by starbearer; 08-03-2022, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starbearer View Post

Ah apologies, I meant defense rune, not damage. Attack and defense runes are active in all aspects of the game.
                            Defense rune only helps for defensive actions on monsters (healing, fortifying...), as player defense has no impact on monster damage (however equipment and alliance def do, a little bit).
                            Attack rune does help for damage but it's also not necessarily of utmost importance. Cf. https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals

Comment

Originally posted by Eadwine View Post
                              Your damage rune on your defensive reflective load out is a must, Id say. Ive reflected as much as just over 2k in damage this past week. I use 4star L-80 Layla- 7 star L80 Daphne-3 star L79 Groot. The reflect damage in that combo is wicked. Folks typically take upwards of 7x reflect damage vs damage dealt. Ive found that the best damage offered by me. was with my damage rune on, and confidence high as a warrior. Ive been able to reflect /deflect over 2k damage on to the attacker, fairly regularly.

Comment

Working...
                              X