Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Promote Barbarus or Doloma ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promote Barbarus or Doloma ?

Hi,
    I have a two star Barbarus (with one copy) and a one star Dolomar,both are at level 35.
    I am in a dilemna as to who to promote next. Any suggestions?

r u using them for mh?
    if so up barbarus first to 54 then up dolomar to 54
    then barbarus to 69 then dolomar to 69
    then depends on where u want to go
    i have the 3 at lvl 80 but i feel that stopping them at lvl 69 or 74 or 79 isnt making a huge difference if u are aiming for meteorite or treasure island
    but if u are farming leviathan and phatom o shadow, then getting them to 79 would be desirable.

Comment

I suggest Barbarus.
      The general with the highest stats should go first in your alliance, because alliance stats is what matters to most to increase your monster damage.
      And since Barbarus is easier to level up than Dolomar (he requires less XP) + his x3 ability only works when he's master of the alliance, put him first in the alliance and level him up and promote him first.

​​​​​​You can learn more about monster damage in the first sections of this wiki page if you're curious:
      https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals
      It could help you for future decisions.
      Last edited by gogoo; 10-18-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by baoyutaohuagong View Post
        r u using them for mh?
        if so up barbarus first to 54 then up dolomar to 54
        then barbarus to 69 then dolomar to 69
        then depends on where u want to go
        i have the 3 at lvl 80 but i feel that stopping them at lvl 69 or 74 or 79 isnt making a huge difference if u are aiming for meteorite or treasure island
        but if u are farming leviathan and phatom o shadow, then getting them to 79 would be desirable.
        Hi baoyutaohuagong,
        Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post
          I suggest Barbarus.
          The general with the highest stats should go first in your alliance, because alliance stats is what matters to most to increase your monster damage.
          And since Barbarus is easier to level up than Dolomar (he requires less XP) + his x3 ability only works when he's master of the alliance, put him first in the alliance and level him up and promote him first.

​​​​​​You can learn more about monster damage in the first sections of this wiki page if you're curious:
          https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Mo...nting_Generals
          It could help you for future decisions.
          Hi gogoo,
          Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Just got back 2 weeks ago from a 7 year break. What if i have a lvl 26 barbarus vs a lvl 4 slayer? Would it not be more beneficial to lvl the slayer? The way i see it, i could give slayer a ton more lvls with the same exp, making his crit have a bigger difference than barbarus's extra lvls/ability. The fandom site says its better to have a lvl 80 than two lvl 64s, but is that right? Barbarus at 80 says 657/374 with ~18% more damage. Barbarus at 60 is 397/234 with 13.2%. Dolomar at 38 is 12.39% crit. Wouldnt a 60 barbarus and 38 dolomar (adds up to same exp as an 80 barbarus) do more damage than an 80 barbarus and 4 dolomar?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mrveg View Post
              Just got back 2 weeks ago from a 7 year break. What if i have a lvl 26 barbarus vs a lvl 4 slayer? Would it not be more beneficial to lvl the slayer? The way i see it, i could give slayer a ton more lvls with the same exp, making his crit have a bigger difference than barbarus's extra lvls/ability. The fandom site says its better to have a lvl 80 than two lvl 64s, but is that right? Barbarus at 80 says 657/374 with ~18% more damage. Barbarus at 60 is 397/234 with 13.2%. Dolomar at 38 is 12.39% crit. Wouldnt a 60 barbarus and 38 dolomar (adds up to same exp as an 80 barbarus) do more damage than an 80 barbarus and 4 dolomar?
              First I'm going to say, if your Slayer is only level 6, you still have time to get Kaiser instead: he requires 1.5m less XP to level up to the max. And has an item which gives +1% crit chance but that's only if you use him as Master.
              Kaiser gives the exact same amount of crit as Slayer. If you only have 1 copy of Slayer, for 30 FP I'd go Kaiser instead.

Then you have to consider that starting at around level 55, every 5 levels you get quite a nice stats boost for your hero. And promoting your general also gives stats boost, so having a level 79 or even 80 general at 5 stars or more will provide very nice stats to your alliance.
              For instance a level 79 Barb at 5 stars would have 1474 attack (+ an extra 10% if you have his 3 equips).
              And you general alliance stats has a huge impact on your monster damage. If you haven't, you can check the link I provided in my previous post in this thread to learn more about that (not sure that's the article you're talking about).

The other thing you should consider and I think that's why the wiki (the fandom site) says it's better to have one 80 than two 64 is that starting with level 55 every 5 levels it requires a lot of Evolution Crystals to level up your hero. You're probably going to be limited by your Crystals and not by the XP required to level up your heroes.

But you're right, leveling several generals at a time especially when they don't require a lot of resources is probably a good option. In your case I'd suggest leveling both Barb and Slayer/Kaiser if you can, while still keeping your Master a bit ahead if you have to make a choice.
              Then when you reach level 54, you'll have to choose in which hero you're going to invest your Crystals. And at that points personally I think I'd level the Master to 79 why keeping the general behind at level 54. And then once the Master is level 79 you can start leveling the other one again.
              Because stats are really really important for monster dmg.

Oh, and welcome back 🙂
              Last edited by gogoo; 10-23-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Hey gogoo, thanks for the detailed response. And yea, i was looking into Dolomar actually but if the conventional wisdom was to level only the main general, I was going to hold off and hope moonlight dragon makes a comeback. But if it was going to be more beneficial to stagger level them, then i would have gotten dolomar right away. And im just playing as a free player and while I know these fp generals will eventually be 5 or 8 stars, thatll be in ages. Is it better to get copies early on or does it not matter until you reach a certain lvl anyways? As a free player, i feel i will reach the levels far before i run out of crystals haha. But i guess thats because i dont use many crystals yet. My barbarus is only lvl 26 out of a maximum of 40 because gaining exp is so slow. But i could see the crystals needed (hundreds of by 80) being a hurdle. My guild is also noobie so dont get many blue/heroes at all. And where do you go to see their stats at different stars? Because looking at his stats at 54 to 55 is only 273 to 332. Doesnt seem that high but I'm assuming its way more at 5 stars.

Also, cant post unless i post a photo for some reason if youre wonderin wtf these pics are.
                Last edited by mrveg; 10-23-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Also, cant post unless i post a photo for some reason if youre wonderin wtf these pics are.
                  That's a (weird?) anti-spam measure I believe, it will only last for your first few posts I think.

Hey gogoo, thanks for the detailed response. And yea, i was looking into Dolomar actually but if the conventional wisdom was to level only the main general, I was going to hold off and hope moonlight dragon makes a comeback. But if it was going to be more beneficial to stagger level them, then i would have gotten dolomar right away. And im just playing as a free player and while I know these fp generals will eventually be 5 or 8 stars, thatll be in ages. Is it better to get copies early on or does it not matter until you reach a certain lvl anyways? As a free player, i feel i will reach the levels far before i run out of crystals haha. But i guess thats because i dont use many crystals yet. My barbarus is only lvl 26 out of a maximum of 40 because gaining exp is so slow. But i could see the crystals needed (hundreds of by 80) being a hurdle. My guild is also noobie so dont get many blue/heroes at all. And where do you go to see their stats at different stars? Because looking at his stats at 54 to 55 is only 273 to 332. Doesnt seem that high but I'm assuming its way more at 5 stars.
                  To see how Promotion affect your general stats and ability, you can check the table there: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/He...eral_Promotion

For instance for a 5* general:
                  - Stats = (baseStat*2.4)+44
                  - You get an ability boost of +18 levels, i.e. if your general is level 40 and 5*, his ability will be equal to the ability of an unpromoted lvl 58 general (except for certain exceptions).

Personally I went for Dolomar rather than Kaiser but if ever you want to see the pros and cons you can check the note at the end of this section (same article as earlier).

If you play for free (and even more if you have a relatively low LSI), Red and Green Crystals will be hard to come by, trust me. If you lack Blue or Hero Crystals more than red and green, consider changing guilds.
                  You can check there how many Crystals you'll need to level up a certain general type to a certain level, btw: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/He...neral_Leveling

At low levels, promoting is more useful for the ability boost.
                  At higher levels, it's usually more useful for the stats boost (especially when it comes to monster hunting). The ability boost is still great ofc. You do get a stats boost even at lower levels but since it's mostly a multiplier, ofc it's much better when you already have high stats to begin with.

Last edited by gogoo; 10-23-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Yea, I went with Dolomar for the long run. Here's my current set up (I used one aggressive pot to level Dolomar to a decent level). Seems like you can't stack similar abilities so couldn't put slayer in so just went with Elin. I only gain like 3 favor points a week or so. It'll take me a while to save up unless I farm serpents or something but I'm a bit occupied just farming new gear atm. Left off at Ambrosia for the helm, so going to finish that. Just managed to tag a phantom earlier today to get most of his gear. Maybe once I finish getting all my phantom gear (missing those gloves), I'll finish Samael's piercing gear. My Barbarus probably would only be low 30s by then. Once I finish farming some of the other stuff and he reaches a decent level, maybe 40s-50s, I'll have enough FP from monsters to just buy his copies without needing to farm serpents.

Currently have 3 hero, 12 blue, 26 green, and 38 red crystals. It's fine for now because as you can see, my Barbarus still has a ton of levels to go and I seem to only be leveling him like once a week or something. Within that timeframe, I'm getting quite a bit of the other ones. I think I get like 10 blues easily during the 3 days a week you can get them. Red/greens do seem a bit rarer. I don't do the excavation quests yet for greens because I've been mostly using my energy to do quests for stat points.

My stats seem pretty low LSI. Since I've been back though, I probably leveled about 10 times and pumped everything into energy. I'll probably go for 2k energy/1k stamina and then decide what to do from there. I'll probably be around lvl 750 with those stats, meaning an LSI of 5.33 or so. I've basically been doing Ambrosia at the start but it seems all my demipoints got reset at some point. I don't really want to waste my stamina on doing the 10 battles of each per day so I'll probably just do Ambrosia/Azeron only and leave the other 3 to gather through monster rewards or something.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Seems like you can't stack similar abilities so couldn't put slayer in so just went with Elin.
                      Yeah if the master has a certain ability (e.g. +crit chance) any general behind him with the same ability will transfer a % of it to the alliance. Usually 50% for the 1st link and 33% for the 2nd, sometimes 25%/17% for crit chance for instance.
                      But if the master doesn't have e.g. crit chance and you put 2 generals with crit chance behind, only one of them will be taken into account (but fully).

I seem to only be leveling him like once a week or something. Within that timeframe, I'm getting quite a bit of the other ones.
                      Btw if ever you didn't think about this already, you can put Sano behind a general you want to level up and quest with that general and you'll get the influence bonus from Sano. You can also complete the main quests using any general now, not the previously required one.

My stats seem pretty low LSI. Since I've been back though, I probably leveled about 10 times and pumped everything into energy. I'll probably go for 2k energy/1k stamina and then decide what to do from there.
                      You ca check this guide if you're interested (or only certain sections, it's a bit long):
                      https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/Po...er_build_guide
                      It's about high LSI builds but I'm sure you can find interesting info.

I've basically been doing Ambrosia at the start but it seems all my demipoints got reset at some point. I don't really want to waste my stamina on doing the 10 battles of each per day so I'll probably just do Ambrosia/Azeron only and leave the other 3 to gather through monster rewards or something.
                      The most interesting things you'll get from demi-points are the demi-quests (for the easy SPs). If you've already unlocked and completed all of them, the only thing you'll be getting from the demi-gods are a few extra FPs. Not worth praying to smth you're not interested in.

Comment

Yea, I read that guide but it's a bit late for me. Seems I already pumped over 3k points into my atk/def/hp so I'm going to spend hundreds of levels trying to shift back. Reason I chose 2k energy/1k Stamina for now is to take advantage of the free refills.

"You could reach about 5k energy / 2k stamina by the time you reach level 1000 (which can be achieved in only a few months time)."

Damn, in a few months?! That sounds insane. I just started a new account to sorta test it and it's around 40 right now with 150/50 and it's been about a week. I'll test out the theory I guess lol. And yea, that's why I probably will stick to just the two LSI demigods to try and shift my character back over. I'll get the free FP from the other gods in time from just battling.

And yea, I found out the Sano trick after about a week or so of just using my main general with him. Kinda annoying to continually shift from Sano to Elin between questing/attacking though.

And your point about generals, so you can theoretically have say... Moonlight Dragon as your main, Dolomar, then barbarus or something? Wouldn't that be a better monster hunter? Because then you'd have 20% crit + 10% crit + 20% Barbarus's cleave? Whereas the current meta appears to be saying Barbarus + Moonlight + sahar/monkey king (but let's assume you can't get him)? The current meta would be missing that extra crit because it won't be able to use a second critical hero due to Barbarus not having it. You'll have to heal more often though.

Comment

Yea, I read that guide but it's a bit late for me. Seems I already pumped over 3k points into my atk/def/hp so I'm going to spend hundreds of levels trying to shift back. Reason I chose 2k energy/1k Stamina for now is to take advantage of the free refills.
                          I have about 4750‬ SPs in atk/def/hp which I already had around level 850 I think (not sure anymore), then I started putting everything in ene/stam when I came back to the game and I definitely don't regret it. I can't level up on demand though and probably never will be able to.

"You could reach about 5k energy / 2k stamina by the time you reach level 1000 (which can be achieved in only a few months time)."

Damn, in a few months?! That sounds insane. I just started a new account to sorta test it and it's around 40 right now with 150/50 and it's been about a week. I'll test out the theory I guess lol.
                          I had feedback from a player who followed the guide and kept track of his progress and he reached level 1000 in 42 days. It mostly depends on how much time you have to play daily lol.

And yea, I found out the Sano trick after about a week or so of just using my main general with him. Kinda annoying to continually shift from Sano to Elin between questing/attacking though.
                          What do you mean? You shouldn't have to change your alliances I think? Or if you mean simply switching the general (alliance) you're using, I suggest using loadouts if you're not using them already. Much quicker than using the hero "quick select".

And your point about generals, so you can theoretically have say... Moonlight Dragon as your main, Dolomar, then barbarus or something? Wouldn't that be a better monster hunter? Because then you'd have 20% crit + 10% crit + 20% Barbarus's cleave? Whereas the current meta appears to be saying Barbarus + Moonlight + sahar/monkey king (but let's assume you can't get him)? The current meta would be missing that extra crit because it won't be able to use a second critical hero due to Barbarus not having it. You'll have to heal more often though.
                          The issue with MLD first is that even if you can get him, it will probably be hard to promote him which will result in much smaller stats which will be bad for your dmg. Even if you get more crits, you'll most likely deal less damage on avg.
                          But you could for instance use Dolomar/Barb/MLD to get some of the crit of MLD transferred to your alliance. Although crit has a very bad transfer rate as I said earlier so you won't get much extra crit from MLD (only 17% if he's 3rd in the alliance, 25% if he's 2nd). He'll be good mostly for his crit dmg ability which will fully transfer.
                          You can check more about transfer rates for different abilities there: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/General_Alliance

The current "meta" for most players is Barbarus - Crit general (Dolo/Kaiser/MLD) - Sahar*
                          *Sahar may not be useful for many so it could be Monkey King or MLD if you have them. Will most likely be much better especially with MLD. MK unless promoted a lot is not that good. Crit dmg from MLD will be better but you won't get free XP.
                          If you don't have any of those 2 or another monster hunting general, you can use your general with the highest attack stat.

If you want to play with numbers and see what is best to increase your avg dmg, you can use this spreadsheet:
                          Spreadsheet - enhanced Monster damage calculator (with Critical Chance & more)
                          Last edited by gogoo; 10-25-2020, 04:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi,which Sano trick? Able to share?
                            Last edited by bandofbrothers; 10-25-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogoo View Post
                              I have about 4750‬ SPs in atk/def/hp which I already had around level 850 I think (not sure anymore), then I started putting everything is ene/stam when I came back to the game and I definitely don't regret it. I can't level up on demand though and probably never will be able to.

I had feedback from a player who followed the guide and kept track of his progress and he reached level 1000 in 42 days. It mostly depends on how much time you have to play daily lol.

What do you mean? You shouldn't have to change your alliances I think? Or if you mean simply switching the general (alliance) you're using, I suggest using loadouts if you're not using them. Much quicker than using the hero "quick select".

The issue with MLD first is that even if you can get him, it will probably be hard to promote him which will result in much smaller stats which will be bad for your dmg. Even if you get more crits, you'll most likely deal less damage on avg.
                              But you could for instance use Dolomar/Barb/MLD to get some of the crit of MLD transferred to your alliance. Although crit has a very bad transfer rate as I said earlier so you won't get much extra crit from MLD (only 17% if he's 3rd in the alliance, 25% if he's 2nd). He'll be good mostly for his crit dmg ability which will fully transfer.
                              You can check more about transfer rates for different abilities there: https://castleage.fandom.com/wiki/General_Alliance

The current "meta" for most players is Barbarus / Crit general (Dolo/Kaiser/MLD) - Sahar*
                              *Sahar may not be useful for many so it could be Monkey King or MLD if you have them. Will most likely be much better especially with MLD. MK unless promoted a lot is not that good. Crit dmg from MLD will be better but you won't get free XP.
                              If you don't have any of those 2 or another monster hunting general, you can use your general with the highest attack stat.

If you want to play with numbers and see what is best to increase your avg dmg, you can use this spreadsheet:
                              Spreadsheet - enhanced Monster damage calculator (with Critical Chance & more)
                              barb dolomar mk/sahar
                              dolo mld barb/mk (if the position changes, the crit will be a pain)

Comment

Working...
                              X